[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Disney parks thread? What are your favorite attractions? Parks?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6
File: disneyworld.jpg (705 KB, 1600x1000) Image search: [Google]
disneyworld.jpg
705 KB, 1600x1000
Disney parks thread?

What are your favorite attractions? Parks? Got any stories about visiting?

Counts as /co/ because Didney.
>>
Waited for two hours to ride Toy Story Mania when it opened. Right before I got on, I got a text that my grandma died. Still, ride was fun as hell!
>>
File: prig8498693.jpg (134 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
prig8498693.jpg
134 KB, 1280x720
Based Disney

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2016/07/pizzerizzo-opening-this-fall-at-disneys-hollywoodstudios/
>>
I'm one of the few people who can say I rode Superstar Limo

http://www.yesterland.com/superstarlimo.html
>>
>>84521852
As am I.
>>
>>84521852
Wow! That looks like absolute shit.
>>
Favorite ride at Walt Disney World is Tower of Terror.

Favorite park has to be a tie between Epcot and Disney Hollywood Studios.
>>
>counts as/co/ because Disney
Kill yourself.
>>
>>84521391
Good. Pizza Planet was lame - Nothing like the one in the movie at all.
>>
File: Star Wars Land Plan.jpg (130 KB, 610x518) Image search: [Google]
Star Wars Land Plan.jpg
130 KB, 610x518
So, thoughts on Star Wars Land so far?
>>
who /dcp/ here

i did 4 months and i dont remember any of it
>>
File: 1468049386539.jpg (19 KB, 279x288) Image search: [Google]
1468049386539.jpg
19 KB, 279x288
So

whose thinking about signing up for the college program this spring
>>
File: SWThemedLand.jpg (2 MB, 2600x1954) Image search: [Google]
SWThemedLand.jpg
2 MB, 2600x1954
>>84523035
I'm perfectly fine with how its going over on the East Coast (though disappointed about budget cuts shifting it to Streets of America versus the initial "replacing the Indy Stunt Show and part of the parking lot behind Star Tours" plan.

I feel like for California, they should have used it as the headliner for a third park. Single IP lands in castle parks don't quite sit right with me. If they're able to hide the McQuarrie buildings from rivercraft viewpoints and they do something good with the revised coast and rerouted train route though, I'll be willing to forgive it.
>>
>>84522399
Person who rode it when it opened. It was absolute shit.
>>
>>84523350
They don't really have the space for a third park, that's the thing. There's locations a few miles away that could be potential third parks, but transport between the three parks would be really awkward due to Anaheim traffic (and a monorail expansion is out of the question).

And rumor is they're using the rerouted railroad as an excuse to "Natures Wonderland"-it up.
>>
>>84521852
This and Chicken Little really sum up the "Disney tries to be Dreamworks" era.
>>
I've never been but I plan on going soon, is there anything in specific I should be doing so I don't fuck up massively?
>>
>>84523633
>And rumor is they're using the rerouted railroad as an excuse to "Natures Wonderland"-it up.

Yeah, that's what I'm hoping they do
>>
>>84521255
Only been to DLR. Fav attractions are Star Tours, Space Mountain, and the Haunted Mansion. Was lucky enough to be at the parks for a few re-openings (Space Mountain, Star Tours, Submarine Voyage), and when they first unveiled the Hyperspace Mountain overlay. And yet, the one memory that sticks with me was riding Splash Mountain with Tweedle Dum.

>>84521852
I was there when it was running, but I passed on it because I had no clue what it was.

>>84523035
Cautiously curious. Currently saving up money so I can be there opening day (in case I'm unable to renew my AP).

>>84523883
Nothing specific. Just play it by ear and work at your own pace.
>>
>>84523883
Well, what kind of stuff do you like? Coasters? Shows? Simulator rides?
>>
>>84523043
Starting next month, should be fun.
>>
favorite ride for me is a tie between Dinosaur and everest.
My favorite park is all of Disney world. I like Disney land but world is more nostalgic to me.

When I was young I got to visit the wonders of life pavilion before it closed. I remember it being really fun. After learning about the original Journey into Imagination pavilion, I've kind of made it point to not visit until they either bring back the original or upgrade the current pavilion and add Dreamfinder. Or most likely wait until star wars land is complete.
>>
>>84524619
I've always been too much of a giant coward to go on rollercoasters, but I'll probably try a couple when I go.
Simulators sound interesting and I've never cared for shows.
>>
>>84524728
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad is a good coaster for people afraid of coasters.
>>
I was at Disney when that kid lost his finger on the boat ride.
>>
I was so missed off the first time I rode Stitch's Great Escape. They replaced that cool Aliens shit with burping in your face.

I still love Stitch though.
>>
>>84523261
Are you Australian? Because talking about "this spring" in July is kind of late otherwise.
>>
California Adventure is pretty good now. It has been for a few years.
>>
File: DISNEY DAMAGE CONTROL.gif (1022 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
DISNEY DAMAGE CONTROL.gif
1022 KB, 500x375
I wish they didnt remove everything Alligator/Crocodile related. Anything Peter Pan related seems weird now
>>
>>84529452
I'm pretty sure they're over that whole situation now, at least in Florida, cause they added Louis the Alligator into Mickey's Royal Friendship Faire.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLWmTwVLbng

Also question for anons in thread: Which character(s) are your favorite to meet and why?
>>
>>84524125
>riding Splash Mountain with Tweedle Dum
That sounds awesome. I remember one time they let me right into Innoventions to do a "Talk to Stitch!" think because I was wearing a Stitch shirt. Pretty neat, probably wouldn't have gone in otherwise.
>>84524688
The current Journey into Imagination has Weebo in the cue. I love that charming little stalker and the ride itself is a nice little diversion, so I can't hate on it too much.
>>84526908
I remember when I was younger I never got to see ExtraTERRORestrial and I thought Stitch was the shit. After I learned about what it once was Stitch lost so much appeal.
>>84529392
It's pretty neat. Feels a lot different from the other parks, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. World of Color is cool too. I miss ElecTRONica though.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.