[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just finished Jessica Jones Pretty cool. How are the alias comics?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (114 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
114 KB, 1280x720
I just finished Jessica Jones

Pretty cool. How are the alias comics?
>>
>>84520085
Better than the show.

The question is, is that a compliment to the book, or an insult to the show?
>>
>>84520085
Alias is pretty good. Pulse sucks because getting rid of the MAX label and trying to integrate the book into the larger Marvel canon neutered it.
>>
>>84520085
Why is Kristen Ritter so hammy in this?
Like holy shit it seems like she watched Casablanca and decided to emulate the MC.
If there was no supporting cast this show would be unbearable.
>>
>>84520085
>How are the alias comics?
It's okay. Not bad but nothing special.
>>
>>84520203
Pulse is good though, just not as good
>>
>>84520380
please expand
>>
>>84521431
In the comic Jessica could be an arsehole, but she had her moments of happiness and glee. TV Jessica on the other hand is constantly referring to herself in a noir-ish third person and is rolling her eyes 24/7.
I know that it's mentioned that she does that by herself, but it still doesn't change the fact that she does it.

Another thing: for someone who drinks constantly she doesn't seem drunk.
>>
>>84522113
>never gets drunk
healing factor?
>>
>>84522208
Would that actually prevent intoxication?
Why even drink at that point?
>>
>>84520085
Better.
>>
>>84522584
Considering her life, I'd take it as a personal challenge.
>>
File: RamiMalekMrRobot.jpg (117 KB, 629x720) Image search: [Google]
RamiMalekMrRobot.jpg
117 KB, 629x720
>>84520085
That's some weird Elliot cosplay.
>>
>>84520183
>Better than the show.
They have a really different feel though. The comics is a noir drama and the show is much more thriller-y.

The comics managed to have an even bigger Deus Ex Asspull though.
>>
>>84522113
To be fair they were going for noir detective story with super powers and noir MCs tend to be flawed/fucked up and cynical.
>>
>>84520183
>Better than the show.

I kinda disagree.
>>
>>84522113

I've got no answer for the third person bit, but the increased gloom makes sense. She was mindfucked and raped by Killgrave less than a year ago after her first outing as a semi-hero. She also was forced to kill an innocent woman. She's suffering from severe PTSD and self-loathing. Anyone would become depressed, cynical, and a drunkard after all that.
>>
I found the Jessica Jones show to be worse than Gotham, Daredevil and Flash.
>>
File: buttseks.jpg (1 MB, 1190x2001) Image search: [Google]
buttseks.jpg
1 MB, 1190x2001
>>84520085
>How are the alias comics?
I'll just leave this here.
>>
>>84524777
Is there actual butt stuff going on here?
>>
>>84524663
Jessia, Daredevil and Flash are actually good though
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.