[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gal Gadot Talks WONDER WOMAN, Working With Director Patty Jenkins,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: 1468599481216.jpg (112 KB, 710x398) Image search: [Google]
1468599481216.jpg
112 KB, 710x398
Wonder Woman made her stunning debut in Zack Snyder's not so well-received Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. Even though that appearance gave us a brief glimpse of Diana's powers, her solo film - which is set to hit theaters June 2 of next year - will showcase all of her talents! Actress Gal Gadot was tasked with playing the Amazon princess, and in a recent interview with Entertainment Weekly, she revealed how she felt when she put on the iconic costume for the first time.

>"I tried it the first time after they cast me for Batman v Superman for Wonder Woman. It was over the top for me," Gadot said. "They told me I got the part and two days later I found myself in Michigan, in the cold, again, doing the fittings for the suit and it was overwhelming. It felt like this beautiful dream. And it was very exciting and I was very, very happy and it felt right. It felt like even with the surrealness of it, it felt normal." Playing Wonder Woman isn't an easy task. In the comics, our heroine fights for peace, love, and justice. If you're worrying about DC changing up her personality (like how some say Snyder did to Superman), you have nothing to worry about. Gadot reveals that the Amazon will indeed carry those traits, and more.
>"I feel like Diana is really accessible. It’s very easy to relate to her. She has the heart of a human so she can be emotional, she’s curious, she’s compassionate, she loves people. And then she has the powers of a goddess. She’s all for good, she fights for good, she believes in great. I want to be her. And in Wonder Woman, she has this naiveté in her. It isn’t stupid, it’s magical. I would want to be naïve like that again."
>>
In Patty Jenkins' upcoming film, Diana will often be paired with Steven Trevor (Chris Pine). According to Gadot, it is he who teaches Wonder Woman about the intricacies of mankind.
>"She’s a young idealist who’s been taught that the world is very simple: it’s black or white, bad or good. It’s how she was raised. It’s what she believes in and there is something charming about the simplistic way in which she sees the world.
>" She then added, "But once she falls in love and starts her journey with Steven Trevor (Chris Pine), he educates her about the complexity of mankind. There is no such thing as only good and bad, black or white. It’s complicated."
>>
>"I think it’s important. It’s a story about a girl becoming a woman. I think only a woman, who has been a girl, can be able to tell the story in the right way."
"I’ve been very active all my life. I was a combat instructor in the Israeli Army. [Laughs] See, everything [in my life] has led to me being Wonder Woman. I gained a lot of body mass after I was first cast in the role. I danced for 12 years and I played a lot team sports: basketball, volleyball. But now I lift a lot of weights. That’s new. I feel much stronger then I was. I feel it on my posture and the way I hold my body. I feel good. I started out very, very skinny and because I gained body mass, I really enjoy the way my body looks… better then I did before. I enjoy the curves. I enjoy the strength, the back, the guns. Now I’m aware of my muscles. And I like it."
>>
>Wonder Woman as young idealist
I like it. Could this film be good?
>>
File: Wonder Woman.jpg-large.jpg (286 KB, 1024x1555) Image search: [Google]
Wonder Woman.jpg-large.jpg
286 KB, 1024x1555
>>84519253
I hope so, god knows WB needs a winner to boost audience investment
>>
>>84519234
>I was a combat instructor in the Israeli Army.
She fucking what?
>>
File: 1647293374[1].png (1 MB, 1200x630) Image search: [Google]
1647293374[1].png
1 MB, 1200x630
>>84519342
>>
>>84519342
She was there as a skeleton prop to show which bones to strike etc.
>>
Honestly, the more I see of this movie and the more they talk about it, the better it looks.

I just hope the whole movie doesn't look as grim as that pic in the OP.
>>
>>84519342

Two years of service in the army is mandatory for all Israelis. That was probably just her assignment.
>>
>>84519342
I believe service is mandatory in Israel. As for the combat instructor, I think their whole fighting style is based on fighting dirty as shit so size differences can be overcome.
>>
File: Maiden of Murder.webm (294 KB, 1280x528) Image search: [Google]
Maiden of Murder.webm
294 KB, 1280x528
>>84519253
No, they're liars

>Johns says in the special features that violence is never WW's first option
>Shows her killing a soldier who's on her path
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.