[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
There is no inbetween with opinions on BMB, he is either the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4
File: 1593691-brian_michael_bendis_16.jpg (424 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1593691-brian_michael_bendis_16.jpg
424 KB, 1024x768
There is no inbetween with opinions on BMB, he is either the best or worst thing to happen to Marvel.
I think the introduction of Riri Williams as a stronk educated black womyn is the final kick in the balls, I've given up on Marvel now. Enjoy your cucktopia
>>
>>84513102
I thought the most common opinion is that he was good at first, then ran out of ideas and became a self-parody. You know, like a lot of superhero writers.

People have different opinions on when he ran out of ideas, but most people will say he was good once.
>>
But he's about 50/50. Every has always drawn the line as street level being good and grander stuff being bad. I think that line is close to correct but not a good rule.
>>
To me , its just other writer. He has ups and downs, like any other. The problem is all that hes writing right now is downs , with CW2 being the biggest.

And if Riri its the last straw to you , then you are a fucking shame. Everyone is going like "HURR DURR ITS PANDERING TO DIVERSITY , WHATS NEXT A TRANS OTHERKIN NOW?" when its Mostly Bendis self-inserting his kids again.
>>
>>84513102

Bendis has been shit forever but at this point I think Marvel is surviving by burning shit so it works out.

Street level is the only place he works out.
>>
>>84513189
>Street level is the only place he works out.

As he got bigger he got bigger projects and got worse because its not where he should be,
>>
>>84513102
Has he ever done a good event?
>>
>>84513102
I was still holding on when she was introduced. But then he pushed Nigger Parker into a cross universe book and put another girl on his dick. I'm about fucking done with this black agenda, it's getting ridiculous.
>>
I'm personally definitely in the "Bendis was never good" camp but I give no fucks for your plight, OP
>>
>>84513997
> Marvel is surviving by burning shit

what does the mean?
>>
>>84514314
I thought he might have gotten better when he had Miles be annoyed by that girl cheering after finding out he was black
But then he kept on being shit
>>
Bendis was good when he wasn't writing for Marvel. Jinx and Scarlet are great
>>
>last straw was /pol/ bullshit and not the spread of the "writing for the trade" cancer where every high profile book in Marvel decompressed a simple story to 6 or 12 issues
>>
>>84514436
>Scarlet
>good
Not really.
>>
>>84514094
does dark reign count
>>
File: GUYSLUGGER_-_05_-_La_Citt_Fant.png (263 KB, 642x480) Image search: [Google]
GUYSLUGGER_-_05_-_La_Citt_Fant.png
263 KB, 642x480
>>84513102
>I've given up on Marvel now
>now
>>
>>84514887
I believe you mean Marvel NOW!™
>>
>>84514992
>not NOWER!™
>>
he never wrote anything good, he just knows what a typical capeshitter will spend their money on
>>
Why you faggots care so much about this bald fuck. Better question why you fuckers still care about Marvel so much. If Bendis stays forever who the fuck cares, you think someone better will magically appear or that your favorite writer will instantly get the top bill after he leaves, they won't. Even if Bendis sells like shit, Marvel will never give up on him because Quesada, Alonso and Brevoort are his good friends and they love his loyalty to the company. Besides Marvel has found the formula to deal with bad sales and that's called relaunches. It somehow works for Squirrel Girl or Captain Marvel (according to Marvel which is the only opinión that matters) and will work for Bendis if he ever needs it. The only thing you can look forward is his retirement, of course that's not going to help much either because he will probably stay working at the company in some important capacity and all the writers of his team will continue enforcing his work.

Seriously, this threads are cancer because the anti Bendis behave like autists and fall for all the trolling/pasta/shitposting over and over again. I'm sure they all (including Bendis if he ever comes here) laugh their asses off their chair while reading these shits. It's pitiful.
>>
I study electrical engineering at an elite Northeast university. There is literally one black person in my class. One.

This strains my suspension of disbelief more than the premise of Iron Man or the suit that can tank nuclear strikes.
>>
>>84513189
This whole experience just made me realize he was always shit. His Bendis-speak has always been present, his storytelling absurdly decompressed.
>>
So what's wrong with Riri? That's she's an above average person like all of the other Intelligence based heroes?
>>
>>84513102
It wasn't the fact that Iron Man was black girl.

The fact that he self-inserted his daughter into a mainstream superhero really gets my goat.

Does anyone remember that Princeless comic that /co/ hated because the main character had the personality of cat-shit?
>>
>>84515165
Was it that one comic where that girl acted like a shit bird because someone used the term fair or something?
>>
>>84515165
Indie comics don't move as much money as capes, so who cares?
>>
>I've given up on Marvel now. Enjoy your cucktopia

Says OP years, perhaps decades too late.
>>
>>84514433
That's literally his finest moment and it's just him being a kid who doesn't think like an idiot
>>
>>84513189
>he was good at first
I have the first indie comic book he ever did by himself, when he had hair and no one at Marvel or DC had ever heard of him.

It's fucking dreadful.

Should I storytime it, /co/?

It's called "Spunky Todd, The Psychic Boy."
>>
No More Bendis.
>>
>>84513102

FuckBendis and fuck marvel till Tony Stark is back as Iron Man, Thor is back as Thor, Bruce Banner is the Hulk and Steve Rogers is the one and only Cap again
>>
>>84515144
That she's a 15 year old who can reverse engineer one of the greatest feats of technology in Marvel?
>>
>>84519936
sure go ahead
>>
File: 1409989840003.jpg (405 KB, 900x1366) Image search: [Google]
1409989840003.jpg
405 KB, 900x1366
>>84514992
>>84515019
>>
File: 1412690880412.jpg (405 KB, 900x1366) Image search: [Google]
1412690880412.jpg
405 KB, 900x1366
>>84520279
>>
>>84520288
>With great stilts come great responsibility
Like you fags wouldn't love a Stilt-man ongoing
>>
>>84513102
>Cucktopia
You know, OP. Most of the publishers are pretty "progressive" at this point. Marvel just does it unnaturally and in your face. Like a gay dude who just dresses normally and lives his life and a gay guy who wears belly shirts and talks with a lisp.
>>
>>84520101
Is Thor STILL Jane Foster? Jesus fuckign christ man. I mena I'm okay with Cap becasue that's more of a mantle, hell even Iron Man a bit since Rhodey has filled in a few times but Thor being made a mantle is butt fucking retarded as is the hulk
>>
>>84520215
I think it really deserves its own thread.
>>84520561
>>
>>84515165
She even has an Asian best friend like his daughter. I know this because he said he based miles and ganke's relationship based on them
>>
>>84520775
To be fair Bendis could've just meant she has a dorky friend with more personality than ReRe will ever have.
>>
>Great Tier
Ultimate Spider-Man
Daredevil

>Good Tier
New Avengers
Dark Avengers
Powers
Jinx
Goldfish
Torso

>Meh Tier
Avengers Vol. 4
New Avengers Vol. 2
Mighty Avengers
Secret Invasion
Age of Ultron
House of M
Brilliant
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.