[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Here come's Elsa Charretier's first art she made o
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7
File: CnQYK2zWIAECDOo.jpg (272 KB, 1647x2048) Image search: [Google]
CnQYK2zWIAECDOo.jpg
272 KB, 1647x2048
Here come's Elsa Charretier's first art she made of the Unstoppable Wasp!

Sauce: https://twitter.com/e_charretier/status/753256506489987072

Also Nadia thread.
>>
hard to really tell from a sketch like that if the book will be worth reading based on her art, need to see paneling and shit too
>>
File: 43273343.jpg (89 KB, 500x277) Image search: [Google]
43273343.jpg
89 KB, 500x277
>>84511638
>>
>>84511777
She has just begun.
>>
>>84512121
Clicking on her account now I see she's the one who did post-Lupa Starfire. Should be a cute run.
>>
This is gonna be by Kelly Thompson, right? Is she any good? What has she done?
>>
>>84512280
>This is gonna be by Kelly Thompson, right?
Nope, it's Jeremy Whitely.

>Is he any good?
ftfy
>>
File: 1289629218166.jpg (304 KB, 800x1000) Image search: [Google]
1289629218166.jpg
304 KB, 800x1000
>>84511638
Cool.
I still think Wasps look better in yellow, but that's just my opinion.
>>
>>84512302
I enjoy Whitely.
But I can't tell you what he's done cause we're not supposed to talk about "that which shall not be named."
>>
https://geekdad.com/2016/07/interview-with-jeremy-whitley/

>GM: How did the Unstoppable Wasp gig come about? Do you get to play in other pools as well (Champions, for example)?

>JW: Well, Unstoppable Wasp came about as a result of some smaller projects I’d worked on at Marvel. I did a tie-in to Secret Wars last year called Secret Love, which was met with a lot of love and acclaim from the fan base. Then I wrote a short story for Civil War II: Choosing Sides #2, which has only just come out, but that everyone has been very enthusiastic about. I actually just did another project which hasn’t been announced to the best of my knowledge, but will be out in October and fell partially under Tom Brevoort’s office. Tom, whom I had been hassling quite a bit about working for Marvel and had hooked me up with editor Emily Shaw on Secret Love was very helpful with this story and thought I would be a great fit for the new Wasp, a character that they wanted to give more of a spotlight. I was, of course, ecstatic about the idea. I love good teen superhero stories!

>I’ve written three issue already and I’ve already gotten to play in some other pools. You will see one of the members of The Champions running around in issue 1, but we’ll also pull in some guest stars from some other books. For those, you’ll have to wait and see.

>GM: What can you tell us about Nadia? About her first arc outside of All-New, All-Different Avengers?
>>
>>84512347

>JW: Nadia was raised in The Red Room where she was trained to be an assassin on the same level as Black Widow. However, as she got a little bit older, they noticed she showed a distinct aptitude for science, one she shared with her father, Hank Pym. In order to help her become a weapon that could aid them in their cause, they told Nadia who her father was and began giving her his scientific work to read as well as the work of other scientists. Nadia was supposed to be replicating her father’s work with Pym Particles, which she successfully did–and then used them to escape in order to find her father. When she arrived, she discovered her father was dead.

>Now that Nadia is on her own, she has a lot of potential and a lot of the resources her father left behind. However, she doesn’t have things like a legal residency status or friends. We’re going to see a little bit of that come into play. The rest is a surprise!

>GM: Is Wasp an ongoing? What else do you have upcoming?

>JW: Unstoppable Wasp is an ongoing! I’ve actually already written the first three issue and I’m working on issue four right now.

>Naturally, I still have Princeless and Raven: The Pirate Princess [published by Action Lab Entertainment] coming out monthly-ish. Those books are still a ton of fun and aren’t going anywhere! I also have several pitches that I’m working on that haven’t found a home just yet, but that I’m very excited about getting out into the world.

>GM: Who’s your favorite Avenger? Come on, be honest now.

>JW: Why, The Unstoppable Wasp, of course!

>I had to.

>Really the Young Avengers squad tends to top my list, but if we’re looking at more classic Avengers, I have a lot of love for both female Captains Marvel–Monica Rambeau and Carol Danvers. Though I would follow MCU Captain America to the gates of hell, just so we’re clear.

The sauce says that The Unstoppable Wasp will be released this December.
>>
>>84512347
>I actually just did another project which hasn’t been announced to the best of my knowledge, but will be out in October and fell partially under Tom Brevoort’s office.
Civil War II: The Oath, or just another back-up feature?
>>
File: 1462987696309.jpg (2 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
1462987696309.jpg
2 MB, 1988x3056
>>84512364
>Forgotten daughter of Hank and Maria Pym
>Found by the Winter Solider
>Raised in Red Room where Black Widows are trained
Once again, this character is Mary Sueing pretty hard. And yet, I am in. Because the Marvel Universe needs more Wasp.
>>
>>84512347
>Then I wrote a short story for Civil War II: Choosing Sides #2, which has only just come out, but that everyone has been very enthusiastic about.
The Tom Foster one, or the black hero montage one? I liked both. Secret Love was good too, I'm hype.
>>84512364
>I have a lot of love for both female Captains Marvel–Monica Rambeau and Carol Danvers.
Aaaand doubly hyped. Gotta respect a Monica fan.
>>
>>84512314
They probably followed MC2's colors.
>>
>>84512314
Gotta differentiate her from Jan, who's still Wasp and going to be in Uncanny avengers.
>>
>>84511638
Nobody who is inspired by or is a protege of Cooke/Timm should be on a Marvel book. Their aesthetics just don't go as well.
>>
>>84512417
>Found by the Winter Solider
>Raised in Red Room where Black Widows are trained
That's less Mary Sue and more the standard for a Russian character.
>>
>>84512715
>Insulting the works/proteges of Bruce Timm on /co/
I'm sorry anon, you just lost. I'm afraid I'm gonna need you to turn in your /co/ badge and gun.
>>
>>84512908
Well that's true, a cape universe is built upon crazy coincidences. I just find it odd that the person whose found her was in fact the Winter Soldier, and not like, some random Russian agent.
>>
>>84513046
It's been years since we've seen Red Guardian.
>>
File: image.jpg (521 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
521 KB, 1280x1280
>>84512918
How am I insulting them? I said Cooke/Timm style artists are largely wasted on Marvel because their design aesthetics aren't as compatible, which is true. DC, for instance, is an older company which also has properties from other old companies. They have much more classical comic style elements, characters and stories on their portfolio. That particular style is much more compatible with Cooke/Timm style artists, which Charretier is. Instead she's being given a character with lots of modern tech style elements. I'm sure she'll be fine, it's just not a great match with what she does. Much like Cooke and Timm's very limited Marvel work is largely the weakest parts of their portfolio.
>>
File: tumblr_ntckksUvou1rva122o8_1280.png (809 KB, 933x657) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ntckksUvou1rva122o8_1280.png
809 KB, 933x657
>>84512347
Oh shit, he wrote the Misty and Danny story? Well then count me in.
>>
>>84513788
Apparently his wife is black. If he sticks around long enough to get some pull at Marvel we might see him putting them back together.
>>
>>84512662
>Jan, who's still Wasp
>2 Thors
>2 Caps
>2000000 Spidermen
WHY
>>
The artist is great but the fact it's another FUN TEEN GIRL book from Marvel just kills my interest. I would take an adult Jan comic so fucking quickly. Not like this, not like this.
>>
>>84512347
>>84512364
Jeremy Whitley is going to confirm Miss America and Kate Bishop. Screencap this.
>>
>>84514174
They sell.
AND SPIDER-GWEN AND SILK ARE CUTE, CUTE
>>
>>84513323
All I know is more Timm is always a good idea.
>>
>>84514395
I'm just hoping it has some edge to it rather than the usual womanchild slop. You never know.
>>
>>84513788
He actually wanted to write an Amerikate story in that book, but it was pulled and replaced with that older story.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.