[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So if Scrooge McDuck is the richest duck in the world are there
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: 392823.jpg (402 KB, 660x440) Image search: [Google]
392823.jpg
402 KB, 660x440
So if Scrooge McDuck is the richest duck in the world are there richer Dogfaces than him? Richer Mice? Richer Geese?

There's more than just Ducks in the Barks universe so the distinction of him being the richest "Duck" is strange.
>>
I just opt for the Rosa's idea that his characters are basically just humans but represented as funny animals.
>>
>>84507581
Yeah in some of the Barks stuff he's called the "richest man in the world"
>>
I remember Forbes did a "richest fictional characters" article and Scrooge was either the richest or in the top 3.
>>
>>84508169
He was number one by a fair margin.
>>
>>84508568
Yeah I mean he was a billionaire at the turn of the 20th century.
>>
>>84508568
Until The Hobbit was filmed, then Smaug became #1.
>>
>>84508643
I mean Smaug's wealth is pretty static right? He's not earning more money just living in that mountain. Scrooge has a global empire and he's always going on treasure hunts
>>
>>84508683
Scrooge basically owns the planet. He's invested somehow in virtually everything his rivals have not.

Smaug is impossible to quantify however. In the book nothing resembling numbers is given, and the vast majority of the wealth regardless only has real value in the hands of dying races. Not to mention its a medieval economy, his gold is weighed against food and salt. His wealth doesn't compare to the riches of the lands in the west, so he's basically just the richest being in Europe.
>>
>>84508963

>basically just the richest being in Europe

kek
>>
File: heart of yukon last page.png (546 KB, 500x540) Image search: [Google]
heart of yukon last page.png
546 KB, 500x540
what if he read her letter?
>>
>>84509315
He wouldn't be the rich sucessful duck we know him as
either that or their individual lusts for fame and money respectively would have driven them apart, but still, at the very least they would have known a love other than their vices
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.