[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How much would it cost to commission an artist to do up a 15-20
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: KickstarterLogo.jpg (21 KB, 668x190) Image search: [Google]
KickstarterLogo.jpg
21 KB, 668x190
How much would it cost to commission an artist to do up a 15-20 page comic based on a pre wrote script?
>>
Depends on
>Artists' skills
>Resume
>Interest in your script
>>
>>84506761
Can I get a rough estimate lol

My concept is basically

>Humanity is wiped out by alien race
>one guy survives, strongest human warrior
>gets saved only to fight in alien pro wrestling/gladiator fights
>tons of dope fight scenes, cool aliens and fucking alien babes
>>
>>84505967
Post your email and I'll send you some work samples. I've been looking for a project like this. I'm sure we can negotiate something.
>>
Maybe $1000.

Look at an artist's commission prices and multiply that by the number of panels.
>>
Ill do it for free but it will be crap tier
>>
100 a page. At least. Sooo... $1500 to $2000
>>
>>84506761
This.

If you want anything halfway decent, expect
>>84506824
>>84508796
>>
>>84506809
>Can I get a rough estimate lol

From what I remember, industry standard page rates for an experienced professional comics artist range anywhere from $150 a page (for minimally experienced artists) to upwards of $400 a page (for "big names," i.e., artists whose résumés include work for major publishers). You might be able to find professional artists willing to work for less, but it will likely be a case of "you get what you pay for."

Also, you'll want to be clear with your artist about what you expect him/her to do. Will he/she do pencils and inks? Are they expected to do breakdowns/page layouts or will the script provide the layout information? Be as clear and as up front with the artist as you can with regards to payment and ownership of the work. Have everything in writing with regards to your contract and be sure that it will stand up to legal scrutiny in case of any future disputes regarding the work.
>>
>>84508993
>Also, you'll want to be clear with your artist about what you expect him/her to do. Will he/she do pencils and inks? Are they expected to do breakdowns/page layouts or will the script provide the layout information? Be as clear and as up front with the artist as you can with regards to payment and ownership of the work. Have everything in writing with regards to your contract and be sure that it will stand up to legal scrutiny in case of any future disputes regarding the work.

I don't want color, and honestly I'd prefer an artist who actually enjoyed working on the concept and such.

The reason I'm asking is so I can finish my layout/script, save up the dosh and get a prequel comic made so I can kickstart a full fledged series.
>>
>>84505967
I'll do it for free.
>>
File: CP7jlpdUcAAPNSD.jpg (50 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
CP7jlpdUcAAPNSD.jpg
50 KB, 1024x576
>>84506809
A good reference.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.