[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>implying anyone gives a shit about Iron Man
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6
File: fuck-no-greg-land.jpg (22 KB, 218x257) Image search: [Google]
fuck-no-greg-land.jpg
22 KB, 218x257
>implying anyone gives a shit about Iron Man
>>
File: Daffy_posters_2.jpg (254 KB, 750x363) Image search: [Google]
Daffy_posters_2.jpg
254 KB, 750x363
>>84505148
His gotee looks like Daffy Duck drew it on with a giant paintbrush.
>>
Who ever implied this?
>>
>>84505148
>Iron Man
Who dat?
>>
>>84505148

If that's what Iron Man looks like, what does the Mandarin look like?
>>
>>84505227
A white guy
>>
>>84505148
You're wrong, I would shit on Iron Man.
>>
>>84505148
I started to during Superior, I really did.
>>
>>84505148
I've read Iron Man since the original Armor Wars in the 80s. He is one of my favorite Marvel heros next to Daredevil and Thor. I can confidently say to you that he is a shit character and nobody in their right mind should care for him.
>>
>>84507126
This is exactly how I feel about (Logan) Wolverine.

He's my favorite comics character, so I can say with confidence that every single one of his comics ranges from medium bad to dead awful.
>>
File: Dr. Doom31.jpg (388 KB, 911x1081) Image search: [Google]
Dr. Doom31.jpg
388 KB, 911x1081
>>84505148
But what if Iron Man was Victor von Doom?
>>
>>84505148
It boggles my mind that Marvel keeps fucking up Iron Man solo stories. He's got the most potential out of ANY hero in marvel but he keeps getting the worst writers.
>>
>>84505148
/co/ sure did when it was announced they replaced him with two other people
>>
>>84508080
Let me guess... you're not reading the current IronMan books, are you? For some reason to do with meme-logic? Amiright?
>>
>>84508080
...what potential, though? I mean I agree he has some untapped, but to be honest I think it's a lot less than most of Marvel's other heroes. He just doesn't have many good thematic villains, mostly its just "something something his family" or "someone else ripping off his armor." The FF have cosmic junk to fall back on, Thor has pseudo-fantasy, the X-Men have prejudice and Spider-Man has relationship issues... Iron Man feels like he doesn't really have A Thing beyond fucking shit up during events.
>>
>>84508197
Noooooo, /pol/co/ made a whole compulsive autism repetition bitchfest about ONLY ONE of those replacements.
They didn't give a rat's fuck about Doom or Tony. In fact, nobody ever even asked what happens to Tony.
>>
The last good Iron Man run was the John Byrne/JRJR one
>>
>>84508246
Futurism.
>>
>>84508239
>reading Bendis
>>
>>84508320
Way to advocate for willful ignorance, you've really proven that you belong on /co/.
>>
>>84508296
I hope Tony becomes an AI.
>>
>>84508706
You just want to ship him with Friday...
>>
>>84505148
They only give a shit about the movie version.
>>
>>84505148
The last time I honestly gave a fuck about Stark was during Superior Ironman
>>
>>84508246
Most of his rogues are kinda lame, yeah.
But I'm probably one of like maybe 3 people who actually sees some real potential in the Mandarin.
Those rings should be really capable of some damage, but yet nobody really does much with him for fear of him being perceived as racist or just not realizing what they can do with him.
>>
>>84509057
Has there ever been a story wherein he loses his rings and they get separated all over the globe via weapons trafficking, and he has to track them down and get they back from various villains.
>>
>>84509151
Yeah, didn't MoleMan end up with one of them for like two seconds before someone beat it off of him?
That would have been cool, the Mandarin's rings just being random villain upgrades floating around the black market.
>>
>>84509057
I mean he's literally a Fu Manchu type of character so yeah, it's fair to say people are understandably weary of doing a one to one adaptation.

But I remember the Armored Adventures adaptation put him in a cool ass suit while still keeping the rings. At worst, they could have just come up with some look for the character without having to resort to... whatever the fuck it was that they did for Iron Man 3.
>>
File: 1456627366050halved.jpg (179 KB, 515x782) Image search: [Google]
1456627366050halved.jpg
179 KB, 515x782
>>84508959
You know what? I could never understand Evil Tony's motivation to rip people off in that run.
Think about it: he's smart enough to see ten steps ahead of eleven steps, he's rich as he'll ever need to be, the world was pretty much already his.
But turned evil, he scams a city and screws everyone over in a manner that'll obviously come back to bite him.
It was pointless.
I get the unethical shortcuts to solving his problems and the dick moves that he knows he can get away with, but after a certain point of smartness you would think that good and evil no longer factor into what the pragmatic choice is.
>>
>>84505148

I do. I have for decades.

But few characters have suffered as badly from "writers didn't know what the fuck they are doing" syndrome.
>>
>>84507126

Fuck you.

>>84508036

...Which he will be in a few months.

>>84508246

Aside from the "I want to build a peaceful future but unfortunately I and my family have probably screwed that up by building advanced weapons"; his personal realism in the face of the insanity of the general Marvel universe (yes, that used to be a thing); his grown-upness compared to other heroes (yes, that used to be a thing); the emphasis on physical handicaps the character used to have; the almost-sort-of-kinda realism of a powered armor as the basis of superpowers, now more than ever; the difficulty of identifying with a character who is rich, handsome and a genius until you realize he has to deal with shit too; his unending and always failing search for a stable relationship; the curious conflation of strength and weakness of the character; and the gap of understanding between him and the other heroes, which can be either in his benefit or his detriment.

That was all worked out rather nicely in Len Kaminski's run on Iron Man, which I still view as the best.
>>
>>84509500
i think he uses the money to fund building super weapon to defend Earth against alien during Time run out
>>
>>84509774

Nahh, he built all those before he turned evil.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.