[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
where the dead go to die
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: Where_the_Dead_Go_to_Die.jpg (249 KB, 600x851) Image search: [Google]
Where_the_Dead_Go_to_Die.jpg
249 KB, 600x851
has any one here watch where the dead go to die
>>
File: 1464148908207.png (603 KB, 630x630) Image search: [Google]
1464148908207.png
603 KB, 630x630
What on earth is it?
>>
>>84505277
For the love of god don't watch it. Don't even watch the trailer. It's that bad.
>>
>>84505319
But I have so many questions

>What is that on the floor
>Where are the tentacles coming from
>Why are the guy's eyes red
>What are the morph suit cyclopses
>Are those angels hiding behind the pillars

I need answers and I'm afraid I'll have to find them one way or another.
>>
>>84505410
Because your testicles are filled with gods tears.
>>
I think you have the wrong board
>>
>>84504847
It's meh. The guy has the visuals aspect down but his stories aren't "scary" to say the least. He described this as a comedy since all this horrible shit done in ridiculous scenarios if you think of it, but half the time it feels like its inside jokes taken out of context if that's the case.

When Black Birds Fly is a bit better but his scriptwriting still needs work. I can see him developing a style at some point if he drops the "high pitch screaming is scary, right?" jumpscare tactics.

Ive said this a couple times but mdotstrange's work is legitimately better; even his earlier, maybe goofier works just work better in getting you to laugh of unnerved at creepy shit.
>>
I enjoyed it
>>
>>84505517
Honestly, the crude animation really aids the visual style. I can't see this sort of imagery working with too-budget values.

But yes, everything else just needs more work. It has to start resembling an actual narrative instead of a poorly-written vehicle for surrealist horror visuals.
>>
>>84505728
Yeah, the animation's fine, and the crudeness ca lend itself to an uncanny feeling that tends to work well with horror. It's just that script writing that needs work.

At the very least it's cool that a guy's project can be spread and be known of online. Like who could have guessed indie cgi horror would have been a sort of micro scene in the not too distant future?
>>
It's honestly my favorite animated movie and I know it's flawed, but the story resonates with me fairly well. There's a poetry to its tragedy I think goes unappreciated.

I kinda hate that Mr. Enter and the other review kids turned it into some retarded meme.
>>
>>84507928
Eeeh, if it weren't for the constant attempts at ear rape, I'd probably agree to some extent. But in general it was very blah to me so I don't know.

I do agree on that last bit though, Enter and other YouTube nobodies and their "fanbases" are the worst things to attach themselves on creative properties.
>>
>>84507957

I think the ear rape sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. But I'm someone who legitimately loves unsettling and extreme movies, so I don't mind my senses being assaulted when the moment calls for it.

Soundmixing is probably Screamerclauz's biggest weakness though, no question. I really love When Blackbirds Fly, but I had to turn on subtitles just to understand a solid third of what people were saying. I hope his third movie (which IS a Where the Dead sequel, apparently) continues to improve on that.

The style in which it tells its story isn't necessarily unique in the genre its playing in, but it manages a strong, earnest tragedy, particularly in the third half. It really does just tell a simple story about people who are either hurt or are so damaged they can only perpetuate their own misery, while trying to see things from their point of view.

But again, it's definitely not -perfect-. I can completely understand why someone wouldn't like it or care for it as much as I do. It is definitely of a certain taste (because let's face it, even faking objectivity goes out the window when you're talking about the appeal of this type of film, it's all purely subjective). For all its failings, it's a movie that really does come from a single person's authorial voice, so the fact it got co-opted by Enterdweebs and the like is a tragedy regardless of how good the movie really is.
>>
>>84504847
Well, that looks creepy
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.