[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why didn't he just throw the spear?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4
File: dawn of justice was a mistake.png (255 KB, 564x579) Image search: [Google]
dawn of justice was a mistake.png
255 KB, 564x579
why didn't he just throw the spear?
>>
>>84500883
the guy was fast and durable and if he didn't knock it out of the air it wouldn't have gone in all the way

even when he's there in close range superman has to keep shoving it in further
>>
>>84500883
Because its a shitty movie made by shitty "filmmakers"
>>
Why didn't he let Wonder Woman use the spear?
>>
Why didnt he distract doomsday after giving WW the spear, so she could stab DD through the back?
>>
>>84502421
>>84502484
The outcome would have been the same. Doomsday was going to resist and stab her anyway.
>>
why did Batman even fashion the kryptonite into a spear instead of a slug?
>>
>>84503342
It's reusable, in case he misses.
>>
>>84503342
he has autism
>>
>>84503342
Camelot
>>
Superman was actually going to get killed by Batman. Wtf. His credibility plunges deeper in the rabbit hole.
>>
Why didn't Superman just kill Lex Luthor?
>>
>>84503328
This. Why would Supes put Wonder Woman in a position where she could die?
>>
>>84500883
Because he enjoys the killing

This is man of murder after all
>>
>>84503342
Superman = Jesus
Spear = Holy Spear/Lance of Longinus

it's an Evangelion reference
>>
>>84503342
Because Superman is Jesus anon
>>
>>84503816
What about Bat Of Murder?
>>
>>84503328
But Wonder Woman wouldn't get completely demolished by kryptonite like Supes did. The whole point of the kryptonie spear is that it's made to kill superman.
>>
>>84504205
No, she'd have gotten completely demolished by Doomsday.

There's a reason she had a shield in that battle, she's not as durable as Superman.
>>
>>84504205
What if Amazonians are Kryptonian decedents?
>>
>>84504259
At this point with synder I would only be a little suprised
>>
>>84504283
he didn't really change that much
it's not even the first time superman killed zod
shit it's not even the second or third
>>
>>84504345
Oh I was fine with the zod kill
My biggest problem was not Mah pa kent and oh shit we forgot to have a Louis and Clark romance rather then waiting for the next movie just have them kiss out of nowhere.
>>
>>84503844

I thought it was Moby Dick
>>
File: 1.gif (999 KB, 500x211) Image search: [Google]
1.gif
999 KB, 500x211
>>84504477
>we forgot to have a Louis and Clark romance rather then waiting for the next movie just have them kiss out of nowhere.
but they kissed in the first movie
repeatedly
>>
>>84504259
That wouldn't make any sense.
>>
>>84504535
its actually kinda how it was done in wildstorm
the coda (the not-amazons) were descendants of the kherubim, who were effectively kryptonians
a few members of the coda were actual kherubim, since they were pretty much immortal
>>
>>84503342
Why didn't Batman just make a decent sized slug that also has a drilling function so they wouldn't have to have gotten close? Hell, Batman could have put that function into the spear
>>
>>84504627
he technically did, the spear lengthened and shortened for like battle mode or some autist shit
>>
>>84504535
There's a crashed Kryptonian ship in the Antarctic. Some of them managed to escape the crash, and established a colony. Over thousands of years, they lose a some of there abilities but remain strong and durable. Maybe only woman escape the crash, and decide it's better off that way.
For a gritty, pseudo-realistic universe, it makes more sense than "the Greek gods are real and the Amazonians have just been hiding for thousands of years).
>>
File: fart noise.png (170 KB, 750x312) Image search: [Google]
fart noise.png
170 KB, 750x312
>>84500883

Why didn't they just get a better director?
>>
>>84504763
they did
what they needed was a better audience
half the people who complain apparently didn't pay attention for half of what happened
>>
>>84504808
>>84504763

Both of those things are needed to be honest
>>
>>84504525
>Louis and Clark
Are you sure it's not Lois and Clark?
>>
>>84502421
>Hey Wonder Woman, I know you're barely being able to pin down Doomsday with your lasso and just gave Batman the chance to shoot his last Kryptonite gas grenade after Doomsday began curbstomping you through your defenses, but how about letting go of the monster for a minute, come over here so you can swap weapons with me? It's kinda inconvenient for me to wield this thing and risk my life when you could do it for me. Whaddaya say?

Superman, what a hero.
>>
>>84504763
Why didn't they just infuse it with quips?
>>
>>84504763
Nepotism coupled with the fact that WB doesn't care how the movies turn out as long as they make money.

Snyder was available and he's made money for them off of this sort of thing, therefore Snyder it was.
>>
>>84504763

'Better' is entirely subjective.
>>
>>84500883

He was to weak to throw it with enough force to pierce Doomsday. Don't be stupid OP
>>
Because, "bloated on its own sense of self-importance" (Moviebob, 2016), plunging the spear- and not throwing it- was consistent with some kind of Greek legend about gods it was trying to portray.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.