[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I see this movie shilled at my local movie theater yet I have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: images[1].jpg (115 KB, 720x1080) Image search: [Google]
images[1].jpg
115 KB, 720x1080
I see this movie shilled at my local movie theater yet I have never heard /co/ talk about it.

Is there any reason to be hyped for it /co/?
>>
>>84497783
>Is there any reason to be hyped for it /co/?
Laika

Also:
>shilled
>>
>>84497783
>advertisement is now shilling
Kill me now, senpai.
>>
Posting on bait thread
>>
>>84497853
Laika only made one good film, though.
>>
>movie advertised at a movie theater
>shilled

Are you happy with yourself 4chan because every single kid is going to be talking like this
>>
>>84498143
Two good films and one above average film by my count.
>>
File: laika 4 films.jpg (297 KB, 1600x1123) Image search: [Google]
laika 4 films.jpg
297 KB, 1600x1123
Laika has a good track record so far and just the trailer for Kubo already makes it look like it'll be better than Boxtrolls. Plus Kubo's their first movie directed by Travis Knight, the founder of Laika who is also the son of the guy that owns Nike, the guy that Laika threads here always bring up. So no matter how Kubo turns out it'll be an interesting step for the studio.
>>
>>84498338
What saddens me is that if it bombs for whatever reason at the box office, it's going to seal the future of stopmotion

At this point nobody does anything traditional anymore
>>
>>84498481
I don't think that will quite happen. Those Nike bucks mean Knight can make movies til the cows come home even if nobody sees them. If it (or any future Laika film) doesn't do good it's not a big loss but if it does do well it may turn a head or two into considering their own stopmotion movie.

I think they make their money from Netflix and dvd releases at least as much as from theater release too, and generally come up at least pretty even despite having not caught on with the general public yet. If Boxtrolls didn't kill them I dunno what would.
>>
File: a-boy-his-instrument-embark-on-a.jpg (129 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
a-boy-his-instrument-embark-on-a.jpg
129 KB, 1920x1080
Wait just a fucking moment here and count these strings
>>
>yet I have never heard /co/ talk about it.

/co/ doesn't talk about good things.

If you have eyes you know that you should be hyped
>>
>>84497783
>I have never heard /co/ talk about it.
/co/ only cares about waifus and company wars, they don't actually give a flying toss about animation
Because it looks fucking phenomenal?

But no, the average movie goers don't care about stop motion animation so this will bomb.

Sausage Party will make more money than this movie and you're all going to let it happen.
>>
>>84498776
I don't think the title refers to the literal strings on the sitar thing, but is more symbolic. Or if they are literal I'm thinking one of the strings breaks at some point and he miraculously makes do with two.
>>
>>84497783
Threre's occasional threads but there's not much to talk about, it looks well put together and well animated. When it comes out there should be a decent amount of threads on it provided it is not shit. Or there will be a lot of threads on it if it is the specific kind of shit that is fun to shit on.
>>
>>84499068
Or if it has a waifu that becomes a flavor of the month here there will be many many threads for waifuism where we'll get to discuss the actual movie a little it on the side.
>>
>August 19th

But I want it NOW
>>
Laika, for one.
>>
>>84499185
There's a good deal of decent /co/ material coming out in a few short weeks to tide us over. It's a pretty good summer.
>>
>>84497783
I like to post in any Laika thread I see. It's talked about here a while, but /co/ doesn't really talk much about Laika outside of Courtney's and the Other Mother's asses.

I wish /co/ would talk more about Euro-animation and comics too. Is there a decent site to discuss those things so I can be more familiar?
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.