[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What if Kirkman is typically trolling us by saying he will kill
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: Issue_158_cover.jpg (267 KB, 900x1384) Image search: [Google]
Issue_158_cover.jpg
267 KB, 900x1384
What if Kirkman is typically trolling us by saying he will kill off Andrea in #160 but instead kills off Michonne? I don't really like Michonne's character much anyway but he'd have some impressive balls to actually do that. I would be impressed if she's somehow captured by The Whispers and Beta skins her like he promised.

So, let's get a predictions thread going for The Whisperer War. I predict the ending will be similar to The Hunter's arc, where the entire Whispers are killed, including Lydia either by the Radio community or by Rick and Carl old Yeller style.
>>
>but he'd have some impressive balls to actually do that.

I'd be more impressed if he actually ended the comic and didn't drag it out.
>>
>>84496571
bruh his whole premise for the comic was a zombie movie that never ends. kirkman's gonna milk this forever.
>>
>>84496597
Kirkman has said in the past the comic has an end. I imagine it's being dragged out now cause yeah, he's milking it.
>>
>>84496542
Do people still read The Walking Dead? What is even happening in the comic at this point? Where could the story possibly go after the mess that was Negan?
>>
>>84496720
Right now, the survivors are fighting a group called The Whisperers that disguise themselves with walker skins
>>
>>84496668
Yeah, he also said it was going to be an alien invasion at some point.
>>
>>84496750
Pretty sure the alien invasion was that joke ending in issue 75
>>
>>84496744

My theory for The Whisperer War is that with Negan killing Alpha and impressing some of them they'll side with him since he killed their old leader, Beta will obviously be unhappy with this and will still have people loyal to him. Anyway it'll be a war between The Whisperers themselves. It doesn't necessarily need to drag Alexandria into this but since Negan is from there Beta will more than likely attack with his own group of Whisperers while the Radio People show up at the worst possible moment and destroy them all.
>>
>>84499127

First issue of TWW will end with Negan running into a bunch of Whispers who thinks they'll attack him but since he killed Alpha they'll follow him now. Arriving at the gates of Alexandria they think they are under attack until Negan shows them Alpha's head and instructs they are with him now.
>>
File: smug face.jpg (11 KB, 153x129) Image search: [Google]
smug face.jpg
11 KB, 153x129
>>84499245
>implying Beta won't take over and become the next big bad
>>
>>84499587

>Not Eugine's radio people
Actually, any good theories on who they might be? Would be interesting if it was Woodbury again but would be pretty cool if it turned out to be the place Magna came from before living in Alexandria. I'd like for there to be some connection with her, I just really want her and co to do more things but it'd be cool if they became the new Rick, Maggie, Carl, Michonne and Andrea. All while Rick and co handle things in Alexandria.

>Implying Beta won't survive The Whisperer War
>>
>>84499245
>>84499127
Then what was the point of him saying

>Wait till Rick sees this!

Wasn't he going to gain his trust with his head?
>>
>>84499695
Yeah, there needs to be more character development for Magna. I hope Kirkman follows through with that soon

I had a theory for how the series could progress, like if the people from the radio were from a city and harbored even more survivors.
Imagine Rick saying, "We're going to take back New York City."
Meh, just a thought
>>
>>84499799

Either he's gaining Rick's trust by himself or Rick is actually in on the plan itself. He probably pissed off Brandon enough so that he would knowingly release Negan who could gather intel on The Whispers but was murdering Brandon also part of the plan or was it all Negan's doing? That's going to be interesting to figure out.
>>
>>84496720
Furthermore, aren't the zombies decaying? I remember Eugene explicitly pointing out that the 'older' ones can barely move under their own power.

I guess this isn't much of an issue now that a whole year of issues only covers the events of like a week or so.
>>
Anyone else love how #156 was a complete reverse of #144? I thought that was pretty nice, also a smidgen of that issue with Alpha sneaking into the communities. Negan basically did the same thing to see how they lived and the conversation he had with Alpha was kind of similar to the one she had with Rick, talking about how flawed one anothers society is. Also both ending in decapitations, #144 being the twelve people and #156 being Alpha herself.
>>
>>84499883

Even making them ex-Whisperers would be something interesting, especially how they made comments about Alexandria being the nicest place they've had in a while but it would be really cool to see them as old aversaries of the Radio People, even with Stephanie's comment about how "People who have traveled are damaged." Would be interesting to see how Rick and co handle things with Magna after everyone in Alexandria has formed a close bond with the Radio Survivors while Magna and everyone in her party are entirely distrusting of them due to some past discrepancies.

I'd like them to explore larger cities. It'd be interesting to see what kind of societies have sprung up.
>>
>>84500090
It definitely wasn't what I was expecting. Gotta hand it to Kirkman, despite how long this series has been chugging he still manages to make my jaw drop
>>
>>84500090
Yes.
I've actually re-read most of the series, but that's beside the point.
That was a great issue because I legitimately have no idea what happens next, and whatever happens, it will be hard to fuck it up.

Plus, the entire Negan's monologue, you wouldn't really expect to hear it from this kind of character. Yet, it's consistent with his presentation.
>>
>>84500456
>>84500575

I'm honestly surprised he killed off Alpha like that, I was expecting her to be a major player in The Whisperer War giving how she's still on the cover to #157. Getting more into depth of Negan's character was also incredible. Kirkman humanized him a lot compared to his first introduction where he was seen as a ruthless monster but coming face to face with even worse people than himself showed he still had humanity left in him a little, even if he is dead inside like he claimed.
>>
>>84497085
It was also his original pitch to the company. He told them there was gonna be a big plot twist where it was revealed alien's were behind the whole thing, but sometime after he started writing the series they asked him about it, and he pretty much told them he lied and just wanted to write a zombie apocalypse comic, and I guess they just kinda shrugged it off.
>>
>>84496542
where'd he say he was killing off andrea?
>>
>>84496542
I seriously think Beta or one of the Whisperers is gonna skin someone popular with an iconic look. I'm thinking either Dwight because his scars will be recognizable or Michonne with some of her dreads still attached to the mask. If Kirkman wants to get a rise out his fans like I think he does, I assume he'll skin someone likable and recognizable.
>>
>>84501698
He's been joking about killing her in the Letter Hacks at the end certain issues, but you can never really tell when he's bullshitting or not.
>>
>>84496668
He claims he has things planned up to 300 issues, so I wouldn't expect him to stop anytime soon nor do I really want him to.
>>
100 issues from Negan and Rick are going to be best friends. Screen cap for 2025.
>>
>>84501779

It's going to be Michonne, remember how Beta commented how she'd make a lovely mask but yeah, always thought something would happen to Dwight this arc. Him betraying everyone would be predictable not to mention he'd fit in with The Whisperers not needing a skin suit due to his burned face. I can see Beta taking him instead if he doesn't get Michonne for what happened between them at the end of #155. He'll probably try and do something to the entire militia.
>>
>>84502160

>Issue #200 is Rick Grimes doing exactly what Negan did to him and his party to someone else they come across and are fighting to send a message
>>
>>84501779

What if Beta skins Eugine? It would be incredibly ironic for his character, especially how he's speaking with the radio people and he offers an alliance leading them to salvation from the Whispers considering his first appearance he was just bullshitting and ending his character arc that way would be pure pottery. I see the scene going like this.

>Beta storms through Alexandria, butchering left and right
>Finds Eugine alone in the radio shack
>Flays him
>Rick finds his skinned corpse and Stephanie begs where Eugine is, Rick mentions he just got murdered, looking solemn. Stephanie explains their talks with Rick and tells about how she can help him defeat The Whispers
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.