[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If Sausage Party is a success, would that increase the chances
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: Goon_blur_PR_pic03.jpg (890 KB, 1920x818) Image search: [Google]
Goon_blur_PR_pic03.jpg
890 KB, 1920x818
If Sausage Party is a success, would that increase the chances of The Goon movie getting made and distributed?
>>
Ahahaha

Ha

hahahahaha

A
A
AHHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA

Never

ever
>>
>>84491374
Sausage Party is literally Family Guy, DUDE WEED tier humor that liberal hippies love, of course it will be successful.
>>
Let me put it to you this way:
South Park: BLU was a rated R animated movie that is actually highly enjoyed by both audiences and critics and made about 80 million dollars internationally and despite this R rated animated films are still considered not worth it.
>>
Man that test footage was amazing.

They should make a kickstarter or try and do a deal with Netflix.

I would much rather have a series of shorts than a feature film.
>>
>>84492111
That wasn't the question.
>>
Probably not. If having David fucking Fincher backing it wasn't enough to get it made, nothing will be.
>>
>>84492709
How the fuck did this get rejected yet Seth Rogen's DUDE FOOD SEX LMAO piece of shit get full funding and distribution?
>>
>>84492852
Rogen was working 8 years on his ''''''masterpiece''''''
>>
>>84492852
Rogen has high connections LMAO. Miller had nothing before Deadpool.

Deadpool might boost the chances of it getting greenlit, though.
>>
>>84491374
Not really needed since the massive success of Deadpool has finally gotten the suits interested in the Goon since Tim Miller was involved with both.
>>
>>84492111
Success is relative.

Seth Rogan's major successes have been, it's true, in animated films - the Shrek and Kung Fu Panda series - but he's by no means driven sales of those movies.

Conrad Vernon's successes have been on animated films, but he seems to simply be a competent pair of hands.

>>84492209
80 million dollars is nothing to write home about

>>84491374
The Goon seems to be held up by something else. It's not the R-rating they'd be seeking - you can get R-rated movies made, with lower budgets because they aren't expected to make as much money, but it still does happen.

I would guess it's the creator-owned thing and Eric Powell has an unrealistic expectation of how much creative control he'll retain as producer, ie, none, because he's a fucking comic book guy not someone who's ever actually made a film. Putting him in charge creatively would be about as good of an idea as putting someone in charge of a 787 airliner because they've got a driver's license, so if Powell's contract says he gets to be a producer with creative control and he's sitting in on pitch meetings saying he intends to hold onto that, he's never going to get anything made because nobody's ever going to finance him.

>>84492709
Lots of projects never get made, everybody has multiple projects stacked just in case. Look at how many Guillermo del Toro has stacked that are probably not going anywhere - it's the smart move if you want to be in work constantly.

>>84493936
>the suits

They were interested in it before, when the Kickstarter campaign went off. You have to understand, an industry that does most of its agreements during SDCC because everybody's there is not one which has a general ignorance of comic books, but something about this project stopped it from happening. Since there's basically nobody involved, it's probably the amateur with Strong Opinions over what he owns and what should be done with His Stuff. Filmmaking is collaborative and involves necessary compromises.
>>
>>84491374
Sausage Party will kill any existing adult-oriented animated features in production.
>>
File: Fritz_the_Cat.jpg (29 KB, 261x380) Image search: [Google]
Fritz_the_Cat.jpg
29 KB, 261x380
>>84492209
>>
>>84494443

Seth's major successes were Shrek and Kung Fu Panda? wat lmao
>>
>>84492209
Well think about their profit and their animation costs which i imagine are MUCH lower than actual good animation (i.e. not cardboard cutouts hopping around)
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.