[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Everyone's talking about how DC has BTFO'd Marvel,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5
File: rebirth trinity.jpg (179 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
rebirth trinity.jpg
179 KB, 1920x1080
Everyone's talking about how DC has BTFO'd Marvel, but I'm only seeing apathy about the vast majority of Rebirth titles. What's DC even putting out that's genuinely good or great?
Or is it just because Marvel is "muh diversity" and DC is "muh nostalgia"? Is Wally West showing up with none of his supporting cast really enough to make you guys go crawling back to DC?
>>
>>84487261
Don't know where the hell you're getting the hate from mate, everywhere I go people are really supportive of Rebirth, other than the salty fucks who have a boner for EW52 Supes
>>
>>84487298
Yes, people seem to "support" Rebirth, but I have yet to see anyone be actually enthusiastic about most of the actual titles themselves. The Bat-books, for example, seem to be getting "well, they're ALRIGHT, I guess".
>>
>>84487371

Green Arrow is one of the best comics being published.
>>
>>84487371
have you been in a green lanterns thread anon
>>
>>84487371
I've loved the new Batman. That first issue was fantastic, and King's Gordon is already being used as a reaction image.

Even Dog-fucker's work is top tier, and Aquaman #1's thread stayed up almost a full week.
>>
Most series are just on their first or second issue. It's hard to make a decision so soon since comics are now written for 5-6issue trades rather than single issues or even two to three parters. But everything I've read looks promising so far.
>>
>>84487261
If you're not enjoying yourself you can, you know, enjoy yourself with something else, anon.
You should know better than trusting /co/'s judgment anyway.
>>
I'm reading more DC titles than I have in years with rebirth

I'm reading roughly the same amount of Marvel titles (Duggan shit, Ewing shit, and Cullen Bunn when he writes Magneto) otherwise
>>
It's actually pretty depressing how quick people are to swallow up marketing and forget the past.
>>
>>84488647
Reading comics is marketing now?
>>
>>84488647
>Company puts out good product
>Not allowed to enjoy it because company put out bad products in the past
?
>>
>>84487261
>Or is it just because Marvel is "muh diversity" and DC is "muh nostalgia"

Bingo. They're pandering to them instead of other people this time.
>>
>>84488647
>It's depressing that people are enjoying good comics instead of living in the past

I know the only way to justify reading modern Marvel is to stay firmly in the past, but you really should let go, anon.
>>
File: CW II issue 3.png (1 MB, 1308x954) Image search: [Google]
CW II issue 3.png
1 MB, 1308x954
>>84488691
>Bingo
Not Yet
>>
>>84488691
Is that why everyone here is showering the new Chinese Superman and the book starring the two newest Green Lanterns in praise and waiting for Super Sons with bated breath?
>>
>>84488813
Those are all husbando/waifu pandering
>>
>>84488673
>>84488674
>>84488694
Enjoy those shiny new #1s that continue the legendary legacy of the new 52.
>>
>>84488826
So you're committed to being an idiot then, good to know.
>>
>>84488837
Enjoy you annual relaunch event for new #1s and epic memes. Maybe they'll do fan favorite Clone Wars again next.
>>
DC is delivering some real great stuff with the Rebirth titles, while Marvel has Bendis and Slott....
>>
File: Lex Luthor.jpg (92 KB, 421x640) Image search: [Google]
Lex Luthor.jpg
92 KB, 421x640
>>84488837
I will
>>
>>84488837
Enjoy the shitty Bendis events.
>>
>>84488889
>>84488897
Company wars and costume changes can only hide the stink for so long.
>>
>>84488879
I'm just explaining why
>>
File: 1461963276464.jpg (113 KB, 682x394) Image search: [Google]
1461963276464.jpg
113 KB, 682x394
Not sure if usual shotposting or delusional Marvel fan finally snapping
>>
>>84488934
Needs more Jessica.
>>
>>84488934
Can anyone update that pic to include Jessica?
>>
>>84488969
>>84488981
>what is photoshop
>>
>>84488934
No, I was just curious. Everyone talks about how Marvel's all shit, despite it having a bunch of good titles, and I'm not really up on DC that much; nobody really talks that much about what specific DC titles are good.
To be quite honest, this thread was half asking for DC title recommendations.
I still don't care enough about a lot of DC characters to read them, though. Green Arrow might be fantastic, but I just don't give a shit about the character.
I'm cautiously interested in the new Blue Beetle and Doom Patrol, though. I was interested in Detective Comics, but that's got a resounding "eh", apparently.
>>
>>84489069
>despite it having a bunch of good titles
>a bunch of good titles
>a bunch
????

????
>>
>>84487371
>He hasn't read Nightwing
>>
>>84487261
New Superman was fun and showed promise and Aquaman is as good as it was back when Nu-52 started. I'm enjoying this relaunch.
>>
>>84489101
Vision, Ultimates, New Avengers, SpencerCap, Captain Marvel, Silk, Gwenpool, All-New Wolverine, Totally Awesome Hulk, Moon Knight... most of 'em aren't masterpiece that are going to be character-defining runs or enshrined as classics forevermore, but they're GOOD.
>>
>>84488934
Is this our version of Evanslaugh?
>>
>>84489172
>SpencerCap
>>
>>84489184
I like it.
You can say I have low standards or shit taste or whatever, but that just means it's easier for me to have fun than you.
>>
>>84489172
I think it's mostly people getting fed up with Civil War II and excited for Rebirth.

I know that what made me pay more attention to DC and their books were always excellent (DCYou was great).

I was just confused that the weakest books seemed to be the most important (Titans, the non-Geoff Johns Justice League), but now everything is fine.
>>
>>84489255
So it's hyperbole and people conflating "the current event and constant relaunches are shit" with "every book that Marvel is putting out is shit"? How unexpected.
Any recommendations, anon? Either Rebirth or DCYou. You seem like a reasonable person and I'd value your opinion.
>>
>>84489069
I think he meant moreso the asspained shitposter earlier in the thread. All the Batbooks besides Batman are pretty meh. Superman has been really good, and Action has been surprisingly decent. Green Lanterns defied all odds and turned out to actually be great. Wonder Woman is good, but the way they're handling doing two story arcs at the same time makes it hard to judge anything yet - we basically got two beginnings to different storylines. Flash and Aquaman have both been decent as well, in Flash's case it's a welcome improvement over the shit that was the end of his New 52 run. The 80 page Rebirth special was fantastic.

I think the problem is you're thinking of the reactions to all of the Rebirth specials that came out for each book before the new #1s. They were basically glorified previews and exist only to get new readers established with the current state of characters. They were all mostly average and nothing special, you can't really judge where the new stories are going or how the writers are doing until you actually get the proper #1s out, and in that regard they all turned out anywhere from good to great.

I'm most amused by people claiming Green Lanterns is just husband/waifu pandering after years of people not liking Baz. He finally gets some personality and is written well and it's suddenly "husband pandering", probably by the same shitposters who complained about his gun daily for a year.

>>84489356
Not him, but Superman, Green Lanterns, and Green Arrow are safe bets for good Rebirth titles. Batman if you like Batman as well I suppose, and Action is good as well mostly because it's Supes and Lex dicking around with each other again and has the weird third Clark Kent mystery going on.

Honestly I didn't care for most of DCYou. Grayson was pretty fun though. Batman had it's moments, but that's mostly because I've got a weakness for giant robots and power armor.
>>
>>84489069
Just take the plunge dude, Rebirth is a decent starting point. You won't care about characters till you give them a try.
>>
>>84489681
Fair enough. Might as well check it out, I guess.
>>
>>84489764
It's not like you have any other option for good superhero comics.
>>
Whats with the salty marvel fans creating these threads? I think OP was the only marvel guy responding as well, samefag
>>
>>84489840
Mostly irritation over "BDUHH DROP MARVEL ONLY DC MASTER RACE" over and over and over again, coupled with genuine desire to want to know where DCfags were coming from.
>>
File: marvelcomics.png (13 KB, 300x250) Image search: [Google]
marvelcomics.png
13 KB, 300x250
>>84490064
>>84487261

It simple. Marvel pissed people off way to much and apathy finally got them.

That and DC is actually publishing better comic books at the moment.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.