[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So lets get this right - Marvel has: >Killed The Hulk >Given
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 32
File: The Hulk.jpg (196 KB, 546x777) Image search: [Google]
The Hulk.jpg
196 KB, 546x777
So lets get this right - Marvel has:

>Killed The Hulk
>Given the Hammer to Jane Foster
>Made Captain America a member of Hydra
>Turned Iron Man into a fifteen year old black girl
>Are planning on killing the X-Men

All at the same time. Does Marvel just not like their silver-age characters or something? Like any one of those things could be totally fine, but all the same fucking time?

You know what made Marvel a great comic book company? The creations of Jack Kirby and Stan Lee. So why are they shitting all over the creations of Jack Kirby and Stan Lee?

>RIP in peace my second favorite Bruce in comics
>I'm sure you'll be back before the next MCU film with you in it though
>>
>>84486215

>Killed The Hulk
>>
>tfw just got into comics

Oh boy what a time to want to die
>>
File: 1456972835951.png (316 KB, 617x600) Image search: [Google]
1456972835951.png
316 KB, 617x600
>>84486215
I find it hard to believe you don't actually know, because this gets posted all the time
>>
>>84486215
Take it down.
Posting spoilers without boxes deliberately is a rule violation on this board.
>>
File: 4521044-mr+fixer[1].png (251 KB, 490x748) Image search: [Google]
4521044-mr+fixer[1].png
251 KB, 490x748
>>84486215
the only character Marvel actually turned black was Fixer
>>
>>84486271
With this argument, there is a problem. That problem is that everyone just gets tired of this shit. If they know that they are getting shit then they know not to buy it. I mean, as much as we hate Bendis and Aaron, I honestly think that in less than a decade they are going to be considered similar to Todd Mcfarlane, Rob Liefield and Mark Millar. Guys who made a few decent stories but lost their steam, resulting in them crashing and burning.
>>
>>84486301
I'm not saying Tony was literally turned into a fifteen year old black girl.

But a fifteen year old black girl is now taking up the mantle and becomming Iron Man.

Also, should she be Iron Girl, or Iron Woman or something?

>>84486304

I actually don't mind Aaron's run on Thor is one of the few Marvel books I'm still reading because it feels like it's actually going somewhere.

Bendis lost me... A LONG fucking time ago.
>>
>>84486336
No because she must identify as a man to make a Transgender representation.
>>
>>84486215
Thor is getting his own hammer and we have had comics set in the future with Thor having the hammer after Jane dies.

Considering Cap's hydra status depends on Kobik thing Hydra are the good guys, it probably won't last long. Or She will make Hydra into actual good guys/

We also got Iron Doom, and until we get the circumstances of Tony's death shown it wont be clear how long it will last.

Says who? Scott is the only X-man to die so far. Plus I'm pretty sure the X-men hold the record for coming back to life. Death is basically a time out for them.
>>
>>84486336
Aaron... To be quite frank, the biggest problem that I have with his books is that they have three things, which unless done well, I am not a big fan of.

The first thing is of course, pets. Characters who he makes a 'big deal' despite the fact that a lot of them time, they are neither likable or 'powerful' enough to be considered anything above average.

The second thing is shilling. If you read his books, all of his protagonists are complimented as being 'good people', even if they aren't or the compliments are idiotic.

The third and final, is a lack of understanding pf who he is writing. Although, it's not as bad as someone like Bendis, Aaron ultimately misses the point of people like the magical community, X-Men and the Asgardians. Instead, he pushes a version of them that ultimately contradictory to most of the things that were written before him.
>>
>>84486301
And Punisher but it didn't last.
>>
>>84486301
Fixer wasn't even the first person on that team that was turned black.
>>
File: its2016.jpg (26 KB, 610x163) Image search: [Google]
its2016.jpg
26 KB, 610x163
Daily reminder
>>
>>84486336
If she has a secret identity, then Iron Man still works.
>>
>>84486372
>Scott is the only X-man to die so far
Wait what? I stopped reading x-men way before AvX, how the fuck did Scott die?
>>
>>84486539
We only know that he died in a fight with the Inhumans. There is a mini series called death of X that will explain the entire thing.
>>
>>84486215
Let me guess, just started reading comics?
>>
Namor's dead too...
>>
Its all going to be retconned to the status quo anyways. Just roll with it
>>
>>84486215
They want to be so progressive and appeal to modern day audiences that

>They want to murder a person with a mental disorder
>Rewards people just for the sake of being terminally ill
>Endorse the prospect liberty is a myth
>Treat minorities like upmost tokens
>Mass genocide a marginalized, oppressed group

Let that all sink in; To appeal to the masses who fight for social justice and civil rights, they pull a full Hitler.
>>
>>84486304
>That problem is that everyone just gets tired of this shit.

That's why they keep relaunching. And honestly, there was a very huge warning sign last year around when they did All-New All-Different Marvel, where many of the second issue dropoffs dipped below the pre-relaunch levels.
>>
>>84486634
Amen to this. The big appeal with Marvel when I started reading round about 2008, buying the essential editions was that ultimately, they didn't need to or had to relaunch like DC. They for the most part had a solid world with rules and a continuous story, where errors were addressed.

The use of continuity and serious stories (For the most part) is what I think attracted most of the real fans to Marvel.

I honestly think that after this decade, Marvel will return to it's routes as darker universe for a consistent law and this overt Political Correctness culture shit will slowly die and be viewed as an embarrassing period in Marvel's history.
>>
>>84486271
I don't know, I seem to be firmly in the apathy camp now. I'll look at spoilers on /co/ but I can't even be bothered to pirate the books, never mind spend money on them.
>>
>>84486215
>Killed The Hulk
That was stupid, yes. I'd be willing to bet that's all on Bendis, though.
This isn't conceptually a bad thing, just in implementation. If they're giving the Thor hammer and name to someone else, I'm glad it's a character with a connection to him.
Just like when they made Spider-Man into Doctor Octopus? It's a temporary hook. He'll be back to normal pretty soon.
Wouldn't necessarily be bad if it wasn't being written by Bendis. Isn't she going to be in Champions?
This is also dumb.
tl;dr most of these things are fine and crippled by bad writing more than anything else. The status quo shouldn't stay static at all times.
>>
>>84486755
>Isn't she going to be in Champions?
I thought Champions was cancelled
>>
>>84486707

This is the OP posting again.

Something I will say for Marvel's benefit is that they used to do "down to earth" stories much better than DC did. I don't mean realistic, I mean in the sense that a lot of peoples' favorite Marvel characters aren't on the Avengers; they're people like:

>Spider-Man
>Daredevil
>X-Men (remember that the X-Men were made to answer the Teen Titans, not the Justice League)
>Punisher
>Power Man and Iron Fist
>etc

And DC did the big hitters and these grand sweeping stories a lot better (minus early Galactus stuff). But nowadays Marvel's trying to do these massive bullshit events which have sucked ever since (and including) Civil War.

I hope you're right. I hope we can see Spider-Man comics (Peter or Miles) where he has to worry about fighting Doc Oc and whether he's going to make it too his date on time. Or Daredevil stories where he's working hard on a case but also has to fight crime and hasn't slept in days. That's what's GOOD about Marvel. Embrace that shit again!
>>
>>84486766
It's not even out yet.
>>
>>84486766
You're thinking of Contest of Champions with the Battleword stuff. That book got cancelled. Champions is the new Marvel NOW 2.0 book with Tyke, the Avengers kid trio, Chulk, and Viv from Vision. No Riri in that group, but I guess she can always make an appearance down the line as she's of a similar age to all of them.
>>
>>84486819
Is Champions not Contest of Champions?
>>
>>84486215

>Killed Hank Pym and replaced him with a gay Pakistani-American
>Introduced a new, Slav Wasp

But in their defense.

Why can't this happen?

In real life, people don't keep doing the same job for 50+ years. And they certainly don't DIE, only to come back a few months to a few years later to the exact same job.

>>84486236

They already have disgraced and killed Cyplops.
And they are in the process of mutant genocide.

Which, given what the X-men were supposed to represent, is extra-icky.

We get it. Inhumans are superior plus we have the movie rights to them (which I STILL don't get because the Inhumans were introduced in the Fantastic Four, just like Ronan the Accuser), so the mutants have to die.

It's sick.
>>
>>84486301

They also did it to the Punisher... for about five minutes.
Oh and the Beetle, as Mach-5, I think.

>>84486336
>Also, should she be Iron Girl, or Iron Woman or something?

I actually saw "I.M. Woman".
>>
>>84486831
Yeah. Champions is book with superteens, Contest of Champions is vidya tie-in.
>>
>>84486845
>They also did it to the Punisher... for about five minutes.
>Oh and the Beetle, as Mach-5, I think.

Hulk donned some black face that 1 time in the 90s. I wonder if the NAACP ever called him out like he was afraid of.
>>
>>84486834
>Which, given what the X-men were supposed to represent, is extra-icky.
It's hilarious that they're pushing a group that's the result of eugenics as their new "oppressed gay and black metaphor" group.
Just hold onto the fact that we'll inevitably get a "Rise of X" event when they finally decide that it's not worth shitting on the X-Men so much and bring them back.
>>
>>84486448

It would be interesting. Imagine if there wasn't a single male white hero in the Marvel universe. You could make it an event!

"Where will you be... when the White Plague strikes?"
(Poster of black heroes and heroines of all colors looking down with horror and grief at all the while heroes dying at their feet)
"WHITE"
"LIVES"
"MATTER"
Those words, pasted across a splash of an iconic white hero, Piéta-style in the arms of a colored hero or a heroine.
There is only one mysterious survivor (probably Captain America) setting it up for the counter-event, eighteen months later: "WHITE LIGHT". Turns out it's all the plan of the Red Skull, the Red Skull's black supremacist counterpart of a race-swapped universe. Cap - 616 Cap - sacrifices himself to bring everybody back, and is succeeded by his counterpart from the race-swapped universe (T'Charra, aka Chieftain Africa).
>>
>>84486215
thank god, I hope they make New Mutatns the leading group.

As long as they keep the Illyana bullshit down, They are one of the best groups, and THE best mutant group.
>>
>>84486864
>Hulk donned some black face that 1 time in the 90s.

Wat.

>>84486869

Black Bolt will never be brought to justice for what he did.
>>
>>84486869
>their new "oppressed gay and black metaphor" group
But that isn't happening at all in the Inhuman books. Not even once to do they play the oppressed card, are X-fags even checking the shit they bitch about?
>>
>>84486834
>In real life, people don't keep doing the same job for 50+ years. And they certainly don't DIE, only to come back a few months to a few years later to the exact same job.

I love the idea of legacy characters and mantles being passed down but randomly introducing a brand new diverse character and handing off the mantle instantly to them is dumb.

If Dick Grayson was introduced then 2 issues later he was Batman people probably wouldn't like Dick. But years of him as Robin and Nightwing then eventually becoming Batman felt great to read you saw the character grow into the roll. You grow to like them so when the time comes for them to take over your happy you don't wake up one morning see news saying LOOK THE NEW IRON MAN IS A BLACK TEENAGE GIRL WHOS SMARTER THAN TONY SHES JUST HE BEST.
>>
>>84486914
Cho, Jane, and falcon were around for years before they took over.
>>
>>84486215
I'm sure we can fit an MCU conspiracy theory here.
>>
>>84486215
there's are more than their silver age characters anon
its their breed and butter
>>
>>84486215
stop reading Marvel there
>>
>>84486914
>I love the idea of legacy characters and mantles being passed down but randomly introducing a brand new diverse character and handing off the mantle instantly to them is dumb.

Yes! It should be done BETTER!

HAVE Robin grow up and eventually become Batman, or maybe Owlman, or Nighthawk! Or maybe do things completely differently!

>>84486937

Yes, but they weren't groomed for their roles. Cho was the brainy side-kick without obvious anger issues. Jane was never a warrior. And the Falcon was his own man. As if Captain America was an honor, a promotion. He was really demoted to a kid sidekick, retroactively, which was a huge step back.
>>
>>84487019
>Yes, but they weren't groomed for their roles.
Does that matter?
Cho's always idolized the Hulk, and he's got a very different attitude to being the Hulk. It felt like an organic transition to me.
Jane's acting as Thor more out of a sense of duty and not letting Earth want to go without Thor than anything. I'm not going to defend the writing though
Cap's always been one of the most prominent and inspirational roles in the MU. I'm calling bullshit on it not being an honor or promotion; it'd be that for ANYONE. Falcon's as fitting a character as any to take up the shield.
A character doesn't have to be a kid sidekick for them to feel natural as a successor.
>>
>>84486215
>You know what made Marvel a great comic book company? The creations of Jack Kirby and Stan Lee. So why are they shitting all over the creations of Jack Kirby and Stan Lee?

No, this made them a good company. That stuff is fun, but it's not great. Byrne, Claremont, Buscema, Defalco, Silverstri, Stern and so on, they made Marvel great and lifted it from cartoon tier to at least novella tier.

Marvel thinks they're too big to fail and can experiment and get even more people buying. Prove them wrong by not buying.
>>
>>84487054
Jane should act like mother first and foremost.
>>
File: considerthefollowing.jpg (48 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
considerthefollowing.jpg
48 KB, 600x600
I can just point the current Marvel runs as proof of Marvel losing sales to Manga like One Piece.

Honestly, why can't Marvel just rip-off manga entirely instead of these shitty gimmicks?
>>
>>84487154

The fact Marvel has next to know comics numbered past 20 should tell you their current business model. They don't want to do what manga is doing with any of their titles, it's so stupid.
>>
>>84486785
Honestly, if Marvel actually stopped to look at what comics have been received the best in the last few years, like Hawkeye, Superior Foes and Vision, they'd realize all of them are CHARACTER STORIES, with small, personal stakes and focused on a small, core cast (with a lot of cameos in Superior Foes, to be fair).

Nobody who's been reading comics for a while goes "man, Infinity is the best comic ever! I really loved when the interchangeable cosmic character solved the alien invasion in one page!"

The second problem is what OP originally pointed out: The reason people loved Marvel is for its characters. The reason Marvel isn't selling as well anymore is because they've forgotten that, and keep trying to reinvent the wheel, instead of finding good creative teams and giving them fan-favorites. This is the only thing that works in the long-run: the X-Men were and are popular not because of renumberings and making fans angry, but because Claremont spent nearly two decades telling engaging stories.
>>
Are any of these new diverse spins any good aside from Miles and Kamala?

Everything else seems like complete shit
>>
>>84486215
>Killed The Hulk
No they killed Bruce who hasn't been able to become the Hulk since Amadeus Cho's Hulk run began since he's been cured for quite some time.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (10 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
10 KB, 480x360
>>84486215
All that is dead will some day live.
All that has changed will some day revert.
>>
>>84487228
Which just makes it more retarded
>>
>>84487228
You're taking to someone that doesn't actually read comics
>>
>>84486886
>Wat

Hulk is down with the struggle
>>
>>84486215

In my oppinion, Marvel should stop the universal mega-important events shit where every comic has to surpass the previous one in terms of shock.

They should focus on more mature, human stories that are small in scale, and instead of cramming all characters into 25 pages they should just have occasional cameos by other characters like they did in times of old.

It adds richness to the universe and characters, that's why X-men, Hulk, Spiderman, Daredevil, Avengers, Fantastic Four etc.... all have universes of their own, with their own characteristic places and secondary characters and enemies.

Now it's all a shitfest
>>
>>84487228

...Even though Civil War II is COMPLETELY ignoring that.

>>84487260

I had never seen that.

Any particular reason they're not using white skintone?
>>
>>84487226
Cho-Hulk is a lot of fun, X23 Wolverine is pretty decent, Captain Marvel: Agent of Alpha Flight is good, Sam-Nova's a lot better than butthurt Richfags would have you believe, Silk (not a legacy but a newish diverse character) is good.
The only bad "Diverse Legacy" character/book is Miles, as long as we're not counting shit like Angela or Hellcat or Mockingbird, which aren't legacies.
>>
>>84486336
>Tony was literally turned into a fifteen year old black girl
Now thats something Id read
>>
The bottom line is that controversy and gimmicks make more headlines and seem to sell more comic books than... y'know... good comic books.

At least, that's the case with the industry in the current state that it's in. Maybe if things were healthier all around, people would care more about the actual content of what they're looking at than whether or not it got talked about on The View or got a blurb in USA Today or some shit.

But it's a lot easier to do something flashy like kill to the Hulk or have Tony Stark recruit a teen girl to replace himself than rehabilitate an industry that has been a stanky shadow of it's former glory for approaching 30 years.
>>
>>84487306
Also, it leads to supervillains being underutilized. In Fraction's Hawkeye you have a cabal of all the major mob bosses show up and it's basically a nuisance. 20 years ago, a story where the Kingpin, Viper, Madame Masque, and the Owl all teamed-up would be a major event, not a wacky side-adventure.

When's the last time Iron Man fought the Titanium Man, Cap went against the Serpent Society, stuff like that? Everything is MAJOR EARTHSHATTERING STUFF nowadays.
>>
>>84486271

He's kinda stupid.

The shock factor only works the first two or three times.

Then fans will stop buying because they're tired,

If they tell you X character dies you buy, but if 50 other characters die too you just dont care anymore,

Compare for example the massive success of the death of Captain Marvel to the shitty sales of Marvel now killing off everyone like nothing.
>>
>>84486879
Most of the new mutants are included in the killing you dipshit.
>>
>>84487209
It's a mix of breevorts little controversy outlook that keeps getting reposted and them not being cognizant of their "successes".

The well received books don't do well, according to him, so they want little controversies. The problem is the biggest controversy in the country right now is race and gender (and a general disdain for one particular gender in one particular race).

So they create the controversy by doing the obvious. Problem is "new readers" don't exist and the only readers they have are the ones represented by the characters they've gotten rid of.
>>
>>84487367
>Cap went against the Serpent Society
like four issues ago
>>
>>84487373
Game of Thrones sickness killed entertainment.

Everybody hailed them when Ned lost his head in season one. Like killing Drew Barrymore in Scream. Now everyone wants the big death ratings bump. Comics, tv, movies... fucking ruined.
>>
>>84487458
>The well received books don't do well, according to him
He doesn't appear to be wrong.
>vision and ultimates selling bad especially Vision
>extraodinary X-men selling high even better than the X-books of better quality like Uncanny
>>
File: 1458658703751.png (18 KB, 514x456) Image search: [Google]
1458658703751.png
18 KB, 514x456
As long as that shit doesn't cross over to the movies I don't give a fuck.
>>
>>84487478

Nah m8 in the end this will all help our cause.

People will become numb to violence and shock and ratings and scores will go down because the media will not be able to rely on those anymore.

We're witnessing the end of a cycle.

In the future media will have to be well written and interesting on its own for it to sell
>>
>>84487478

"Lost" tried to do the very same thing with killing Jack in episode 1 or 2 of the series. The writers of the show loved Psycho and Misery which have shocking misdirection and try to copy this. Its why so many movies are boring is because the writers lack the sense of what really is misdirection, what is frustrating and just straight up telling the story, no misleads. It's being copied a lot these days. Trying for depth, or twists or more, when really less would do it.
>>
>>84487504

As the OP of this thread I'm need to point out that you're literally cancer and need to go the fuck back to /tv/

On the other hand I'm amazed at the reaction this thread has gotten. I just wanted to RIP Bruce and rant a little about how Marvel is screwing the pouch at the moment, which makes me sad because I probably love more Marvel characters than DC characters even though my fave character is a DC one.

But my favorite Marvel character has been not so great ever since Hell's Kitchen got filled with yuppies IRL.
>>
>>84487628
>As the OP of this thread I'm need to point out that you're literally cancer and need to go the fuck back to /tv/
But why? Marvel Comics have been a damn dumpster fire for years at this point. Might as well care for the only thing that actually makes them good again.
>>
>>84487513
Get fucking real, the 'people' are slack jawed idiots, you can't even begin accept actual quality, they so much as nibble on something that isn't braindead retarded they vomit like its doused in ebola, the masses,are simply put, total retards and are happy being retards.
You know how people refer to the men who came of age during WW1 as the 'lost generation'? If a similiar WW1 style event occured, no one would mourn the passing of the countless millions died, because they are all nothing but chaff, nothing but simpering retards without a single worthwhile thought bouncing in that ornament of a head. of anything, the world would be BETTER at such loss of life, because it would severely cut the population levels down.
>>
>>84486215
Don't forget, Captain America's black and can fly now because he's the Falcon.

Ms Marvel's a muslim, because we're sensitive.

Squirrel Girl is a reincarnation of Archie's Moose posing as a trangender pig.

Spider-Man's mexican (or whatever, I don't know, I can't keep up)

The Fantastic Four are missing in action, except for the Thing who hangs out with Kitty Pryde in space and married Star Lord, and the Human Torch who cucked Black Bolt.

Wolverine's dead longer than usual, although his son came back, and Sabretooth is still around even though he's been killed off lots.

The X-Kids are here, although they haven't fucked up the timeline yet, somehow.

Loki was a chick at some stage.

She-Hulk has a sword for some reason.

The Hulk is now Amadeus Cho, because Bruce thought it would be a good idea to give him Hulk powers.

No story lasts past 6 issues before the universe needs rebooting.

Gwen Stacy is alive and somehow has super powers.

I think Uncle Ben is a maniac depressive omnisexual with a penchant for obese multi-penised gay bears, but I could be wrong about that.

We still don't know why Thor isn't worthy to lift Mjolnir because nobody at Marvel has enough talent to think of an original story.

Everyone there lifts Greg Land's porn tracings.

Scott Summers is a terrorist, worse than Magneto.

Namor had his head ripped off, so he was dead for a few minutes. It really choked me up for a second.

Everything's all new and all different yet still the same old crap but with a different color for the Greg Land tracings.

There are new adjectives in front of the titles of a lot of books. Because that's exciting, apparently.

If you want a job as an artist at Marvel, make sure you can hold at least three pencils in your anus, because you'll probably be given multiple books to draw. If you're a writer, make sure you can jam a lot of feces in your urethra before ejaculating on the page and scrawling the letters 'SJW' with your dick. Even if you're a womyn.
>>
>>84487670

Because I started reading comics in the early 90s. My three favorite superheroes are Batman, Daredevil, and Wolverine.

I got given my father's and uncles' old Marvel comics by actual Stan Lee and Jack Kirby and I ate that shit up! Reading the first appearance of Galactus and the Silver Surfer was fucking amazing! Plus, I don't know if that was the first time the Watcher actually appeared, but it was the first time I saw him and I was like "this is great!".

Marvel lost a lot of respect from me when Quesada said Nick Fury and Logan can't smoke. Because while I understand that you don't want kids looking up to characters that smoke you don't want kids looking up to Nick Fury and Wolverine in any case, plus they're both literally immune to the bad effects of smoking!

I'm pretty sure the only reason DC has constantly made Jim Gordan smoke even now is to stick it into Quesada's eye!

But both have the potential for greatness because their characters are fucking great and there are countless stories still to be told. And I want BOTH companies to do well.

Also, RIP my fave Avenger.
>>
>>84487716
Loki being a chick had nothing to do with political correctness.

I'm much more put off by him turning into a little fuccboi than a woman.
>>
>>84486271
I know it is anecdotal but no one I knows buys any Marvel titles anymore
The guy who owns my LCS has even said he refuses to increase orders to get variant covers from Marvel since no one even wants the variants any more
>>
>>84487756
Didn't say Loki being a chick was PC. Just trying to get OP up to speed. Or give him a reason to jump off a tall building.
>>
>>84487772
Still less weird than the time he was a horse.
>>
>>84487772
Okay. Then I think OP should know that Loki was turned into a kid and then some weird teen fuccboi.

My only guess is that he's supposed to appeal to the doctor who/hiddleston fangirl crowd.
>>
File: kissing.png (968 KB, 558x755) Image search: [Google]
kissing.png
968 KB, 558x755
This is written by a bald white guy btw
>>
>>84487801
IT'S FAKEOUT COVER, IT WON'T HAPPEN!!
>>
>>84486271
From here on out, this image will be my only reply to every pandering, white guilt decision Marvel makes from here on out. Just post this image, save my angry words, and not spend any money on their garbage. That's the big one - stop fucking buying what they're selling, you fuckers.
>>
>>84486734
This. Even though they made me angry, I was at least getting the scans because why not? Yesterday, I didn't even bother to click on Deadpool because I knew it'd be some dumb Civil War II tie in.
>>
>>84486215
>Killed The Hulk
also
>Cyclops is Dead
>Namor is Dead
>Fantasic Four are "fixing" shit but never get mentioned, dead in essence.
>Peter is Tony and Tony is Peter.
>SNIKTBUB IS KILL
>Rider never came back
>Deadpool is shit
>Loki is genderqueer
>Thor is handless and suffers from crippling anxiety
>Secret Wars was just a sham
>Doctor Strange is a perpetual quipster now
>Tony is an idiot
>Carol is a retard
>Nu-heroes dominate, Islam is a religion of peace.
>Black token heroes everywhere
>15 year old black girl "invents" the iron man armor somehow and still supports BLM and is also absolutely dumb except that, of course, she's a genius
>Vision is shit in general and is completely changed.
>Wanda is a Feminist and SJW
>Guardians are quippy hipsters who travel the galaxy looking for quips

Add more, people.
>>
>>84487914
Pretty sure everyone here uses torrents.
>>
>>84487801
How long until they finally kill off those two pieces of shit?
>>
>>84487931
>>Deadpool is shit
That's not new
>>
>>84486755
Stop defending garbage. You're not Marvel. They are not the father of your child, and you don't have to hide your black eyes from the rest of the neighborhood. FFS, you people sound like battered spouses.

*sniffles* "It's n-n-not so bad... he only replaces established characters with flavor of the week minorities and blames all his flaws on the bigotry of the readers because he loves me."
>>
>>84487931
>Loki is genderqueer
True to myths desu
He did birth Odin's horse
>>
>>84487964
Will everyone stop talking about the time he was a goddamn horse for fuck's sake
>>
>>84487964
In comic too?
>>
I don't read comics. But how did the Hulk died? Was it the real one or the Japanese?
>>
>>84487953
Ironic actioning is still actioning.
>>
>>84487988
HE IS KOREAN YOU INSENSETIVE BASTARD
#NOT #ALL #CHINKS #ARE #GOOKS
#GOOK #LIVES #MATTER
>>
>>84487988
The real one. He made a special arrowhead and gave it to Hawk Guy, and told him to kill him with it the next time he hulks out.
>>
File: 4179894-untitled-1.jpg (274 KB, 714x917) Image search: [Google]
4179894-untitled-1.jpg
274 KB, 714x917
>>84487931
Stop forcing the Loki woman thing.

If anything complain about how he's turned into this weird teen fuccboi and is a sidekick to femthor.
>>
>>84488027
Also, ironic hashtagingg is still hashtaging, stop that.
>>
>>84488035
Yeah I hate that worse than transLoki
>>
>>84487973
>Will everyone stop talking about the time he was a goddamn horse for fuck's sake

Hiddleston please go!
>>
File: 1468193536359.png (237 KB, 544x850) Image search: [Google]
1468193536359.png
237 KB, 544x850
>>84486215
Yet they are making more money than they did in 20 fucking years.
>>
Two words:

Heroes Reborn.
>>
>>84487959
>>X-men are being ethnically cleansed
Yeah, that's another big one. And the inhumans
>>
>>84488061
I wish comicbooks were banned, I wish entertainment was banned. I wish all fun was fucking banned, its quite obvious humanity is too stupid, retarded, and easily tricked to enjoy the privilege of a good time, they all deserve unending misery boredom
>>
>>84486271
Yeah, full on apathy mode here. When the nu 52 happened I went pretty much full Marvel. But then it just became pure, unadulterated shit. At first I was angry, then I was sad, now I just stopped caring. And with rebirth I've gone back to DC. Fuck Marvel. I'll watch the movies and go full casual I guess.
>>
>>84486391
pics please!
>>
>>84488079
Amem to that, brodda.
>>
>>84486215
>Hey, we could right some good stories for our characters. Maybe get our best writers on making new characters for a new generation and we can market the shit out of them
>Or we could do tons of clickbait with diversity legacy characters that wont last a year and Bendis can wright everything.
Genius, Marvel, genius
>>
>>84488128
I also want intentional misspellings of words to be banned too. Why? Bloody minded spite.
>>
>>84488079
Are you defending racist jokes, because "huurrr durr this generation cant take a joke amirite?"?
>>
File: blackpunisher5.jpg (587 KB, 883x1343) Image search: [Google]
blackpunisher5.jpg
587 KB, 883x1343
>>84488117
>>
>>84488140
now whos the fun hatemonger?
>>
File: 1457568764369.png (168 KB, 555x549) Image search: [Google]
1457568764369.png
168 KB, 555x549
>>84486215
Does Marvel just not like their silver-age characters or something? Like any one of those things could be totally fine, but all the same fucking time? You know what made Marvel a great comic book company? The creations of Jack Kirby and Stan Lee. So why are they shitting all over the creations of Jack Kirby and Stan Lee?

Silver Age Marvel is one of the few comic book experiences that I can go back to time and again and lose myself in the adventure. They absolutely captured lightning in a bottle back then and if I had a time machine, I would love to back to the halycon days of mid to late 60's Marvel just to see people's reactions to things like Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, Avengers, Tales Of Suspense, and Tales To Astonish
>>
>>84488153
Spot the difference.
>>
>>84488146
No
I mean I don't mind racist jokes, but in the end, humanity does not deserve happiness, it is an unruly, stupid child that needs to be punished severely.
>>
>>84488129
>make 15yo who made her own armor beat tony at his best, proving superior to him on every way.

That would start the hate train and get the attention they want.
>>
>>84488061
Yeah from fucking movies and Star Wars
>>
>>84488168
>>84488153
Is that blackface?
>>
>>84488162
Bloody minded spite is not fun. If anything it is anti-fun, it rots you from the inside out, like a disease. Still a more valid lifestyle choice than Punk at least.
>>
File: Cyclops_Head[1].jpg (76 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Cyclops_Head[1].jpg
76 KB, 800x600
>>84486372

>Scott is the only X-Man to die so far

So it's true. They actually killed THE best X-Men character.

Fuck
Marvel
>>
>>84488193
With comics.
Gizmodo and io9 wouldnt lie to me.
>>
>>84487258
>reading everything marvel shits out
>>
File: 9148892.jpg (17 KB, 200x343) Image search: [Google]
9148892.jpg
17 KB, 200x343
>>84486215
If only, OP. If only...
I'm still sad this isn't what femThor turned out to be.
>>
>>84488207
I figured you'd realize I meant Star Wars comics, since we're talking about Marvel and not Disney as a whole
>>
the Jack Kirby tradition is to make a new comic
>>
File: 1456992007215.png (222 KB, 281x637) Image search: [Google]
1456992007215.png
222 KB, 281x637
>>84486215
>You know what made Marvel a great comic book company? The creations of Jack Kirby and Stan Lee.
>ctrl+f Ditko
>0 results
Ignoring Everett or Colan I can understand but come the fuck on.
>>
>>84486286
Fuck right off you soft cunt
>>
>>84486610
And then they LITERALLY CALLED SCOTT HITLER.
>>
>>84488197
Kinda? Plastic surgery to be black. Effects wore off literally at end of story.
>>
>>84488225

So, you are saying that SW saved MArvel or are you

>implying the secret is making MORE COMICS
>>
>>84486610
>prospect liberty
spoonfeed me, please
>>
>>84488267
I'm saying that most of the money Marvel still makes from comics is thanks to Star Wars. That's it.
>>
>>84488164
>Does Marvel just not like their silver-age characters or something?

They don't like white people and REALLY don't like straight white men
>>
>>84488257
hahahah
thanks!
>>
>>84488292
but they are the worse, amirite?
old trilogy is literally about the terror of military regimes.
new trilogy is literally about the terror of currupt governments
newest movieis about the terror of 20s white straight men

sorry, saw that for real on facebook
>>
>>84488238

I personally give zero fucks about Spider-Man and I give less than zero fucks about Steve Ditko.

I will admit that Spider-Man is definitely one of Marvel's best creations, I just personally don't care about him.

This is an RIP Hulk thread, sort of...
>>
>>84488333
Star wars!!!
oh.... fuck.
>>
>>84488352
Goddammit what the fuck do you want, you get pissy when the Empire black people, then you get pissy when the brass is white, pick a goddamn lane.
>>
>>84486707
>The use of continuity and serious stories (For the most part) is what I think attracted most of the real fans to Marvel.

Marvel writters just ignore what they don't like.

Every character is inconsistent as fuck.
>>
>>84488367
>Brass
What?

I didnt get pissy at the new movie.
Well... only when rey mind controled the storm trooper.
>>
>>84488383
I think I misread your post.
Sorry.
>>
>>84488389
Its alright, commrade, we've all been there on the heat of posting.
>>
>>84488333
But Kylo Ren is a textbook faggot,

Literally something only fit for burning
>>
>>84488443
Are you saying he represents all white malesin theyr 20s, even though hes in his 30s in the movie?

But yeah, hes an A-grade shit faggot.
>>
>Banner is not Hulk anymore
>Half the heroes there could have caught the arrow midfly
>>
>>84488477
>Bendis
>>
>>84488477
Not if the writer say so.
Or want to show how hawkeye is really good.
>>
>>84486734
Kek, me too, it's been like a couple of years that I don't even follow any major event or mainstream run, from time to time I browse here to see what's happening and to harden my resolve of not reading and, specially, bying any comic from either Marvel or DC

I think the last comic I read was Spider-man fighting negative dude, I didn't even read AvX
>>
>>84486336
Her official name is Whore Machine.
>>
>>84486271
I actually stopped buying everything from them when All New and All Different was just boring, harmless and preachy.

While Rebirth made me actually want to read some books again.

I will probably buy "Renew your Vows" part 2 though.
>>
File: mjolnir_captain_web_original.jpg (125 KB, 600x847) Image search: [Google]
mjolnir_captain_web_original.jpg
125 KB, 600x847
>>84487716
Haha Lady Loki wasn't used for progressivism, it was explicitly used for boners and fanservice.
>>
File: 635783.jpg (199 KB, 600x919) Image search: [Google]
635783.jpg
199 KB, 600x919

>Replaced Steve Rogers with a stereotypical gung-ho action movie character
>Given the Hammer to a random everyday dude
>Turned Iron Man into a black former marine
>Have blown up the X Mansion and have the X-Men living in the Austrailian Outback

All at the same time. Does Marvel just not like their silver-age characters or something? Like any one of those things could be totally fine, but all the same fucking time?

You know what made Marvel a great comic book company? The creations of Jack Kirby and Stan Lee. So why are they shitting all over the creations of Jack Kirby and Stan Lee?

>Newfag retards need to leave /co/. The Big 2 do this roughly every 15-20 years to shake up the status quo and get publicity.
>See Marvel in the late 80s (Rhodey was Iron Man, John Walker was Cap, Eric Masterson was Thor, etc) or DC in the mid 90s (Dead Supes, AzBats, Hal Jordan bad guy, Barry Allen dead, etc)
>The fanboys cry and bitch but still buy the books. The publishers get publicity.
>The status quo is back within 2 years at most and usually timed with a big movie release
>Y'all morons.
>>
>>84488373
But those inconsistencies could be explained. I mean, look at the infamous Avengers #200, Carol acted completely out of character there and went to another universe.

When she made a reappearance though, her inconstant character was explained.

And I mean, up to Teen Tony, Stark had a pretty solid personality. He was an exceptionally emotional man who put his morals before the law and obviously still had quite a few issues from his past which he covered up with a facade of a playboy.

It was up until Civil War and the Bendis/Illuminati era that the entire character fell flat on it's face. Not only was Tony turned into Bush, ignoring all of his previous interactions and realizing that the government and organizations like SHIELD was corrupt as fuck and could not be trusted.

The shit part of everything is that most character derailments are either due to Millar or Bendis, both of whom are still working in Marvel for some reason that I cannot understand.
>>
>>84487498
the only reason Extraordinary X-Men sells lsightly better than Uncanny is that Marvel said "that it the flagship book", so collector fags who buy the most important books get that one instead of Uncanny.
If they had said Uncanny is the flagship it would be the best selling one, and the difference in sales between both books is very small.
>>
>>84486215
>>Turned Iron Man into a fifteen year old black girl

I FUCKING WISH it was the case.
>>
>silver age
>silver
>age

Does no one else see the irony here when complaining about rebooting characters who are reboots of golden age characters themselves?..
>>
>>84488717
>Going off the rails in the DM's magical realm
>>
>>84488588
I'm legitimately disappointed that Loki isn't a woman more often.
>>
>>84488717
>Get girlfriend finally
>Things have been going great ever since I inherited my dead Uncles vast riches including his talking Emperor Penguin named Col. Boots
>Walkin' down the street one day when Ebonii(c) shows up and turns me and my girlfriend into two black chicks more stacked than a deck at a Magic Tourney
>Didn't turn us into dick lovin' sluts though like all those anime /co/ warns me about
>Get to go on cool Mystery solvin' adventures now AND get to have lesbian sex with my girlfriend.
>Best birthday ever
>>
>>84488822
I miss you, flaming skull man
>>
I refuse to read Marvel until they stop with the clickbait shit, cut down on the OC next gen characters, and actually focus on good writing with the characters that put them on the map. Miles? Cho? Jane? All of these stupid events/retcons? They can fucking have them. See it pans out in the near future for them, because it wont. Should have made another Ultimate universe or whatever
>>
File: 1468417579535.jpg (1 MB, 1800x2768) Image search: [Google]
1468417579535.jpg
1 MB, 1800x2768
>>84489145
It is strange because Hellboy has always being in a state of changing status quo for the last decades.

But nobody complain about it like they complain about Marvel and in other scale, DC.

Nobody ask for Hellboy to come back to BPRD ir they will stop buying comics.

I wonder how much of this is just nostalgia faggotory tgat can't accept characters growing up with the time line and affecting the world around them...and how much of it is just SHIT execution by Marvel that makes it all feel unnatural and forced, as a cheap gimick.

I wish that most Bog 2 characters were creator owned, so we could have a definitive saga where their actions ACTUALLY has an impact on the world
>>
>>84486215
Captain America isn't Hydra read a fucking comic
Tony Stark is still Turny Stark....

That's all I got.
>>
I love whenever I think about getting into comics, I come to /co/ and see something dumb being done by Marvel or DC and instantly lose interest for another month.
>>
>>84488599
20>2 and the X-Men are gay.
>>
>>84488654
Sad thing is that Millar's version of Tony works with prior characerization, as it's based almost entirely on his need for control and placing his personal morals at the forefront. The places it takes him don't really jive with prior stories, but you can still see that Millar was working with Tony's basic personality and motivations.

>>84489145
I think the real issue is that they're not developing Riri as her own character. She's basically Tony's underling.
>>
>>84489325
Im not opposed by change, because comics are always changing. But it is like you said, execution. They dont give a fuck if it makes sense or good for the characters in the long run. They are literally pissing away everything at this point.
>>84489372
True, but another part of it is their history. Marvel will pretend shes some great new character, her public interest will drop in a few weeks, and they'll ditch her/put her in minor books like the dozens of other OCs they have zero idea what to do with already. How many carbon copies are we going to go through? Hell Spider Man alone is guilty of this to an absurd degree
>>
>>84486215
tl:dr I don't like change REEEEEEEEE.

Really OP how new are you to comics? This shit happens all the time. Just go look at the 90s.
>>
>>84486589
He's coming back in Squadron Supreme soon
>>
>>84489477
If they can't, or won't distinguish her, she'll never succeed. It's just half-assing it. If they wanted her to be a part of Iron Man as is they should have introduced and built her character first, then give her the armor. It was four years between Rhodes first appearance and him wearing the Iron Man armor.
>>
>>84487679
bet you have a lot of friends
>>
Kinda weird that despite how stupid the concept of Gwenpool is, its somehow one of the only enjoyable books Marvel has right now......
>>
>>84489976
Good art and good writing help a lot. Imagine how awful the book would be if Land hacked it together.
>>
>>84486215
theyre making improvements and not following DCs business model of pushing the exact same 2 comics long after theyve run their course
>>
>>84488349
Who said anything about that quippy faggot?
>>
>>84488822
Literally only 3 Golden Age characters carried over and of those only 1 was "rebooted".
Aarkus doesn't count, fuggoff.
>>
>>84487504
> I only care about shlicking to muh problematic beefcakes

I'd be a hypocrite to pick on you for being in it for the sexy stuff but jesus lady
>>
>>84488207
> Gawker wouldn't lie

Do you even vaguely remember 2015
>>
>>84488349
>I will admit that Spider-Man is definitely one of Marvel's best creations,
Ditko was responsible for his costume and one or two weirdnesses like bitching at protestors. Beyond that he was the artist and Stan deserves the credit (in this case).
>>
>>84488599
You are right. It's the old senile fans whining.
>>
>>84486336
>Also, should she be Iron Girl, or Iron Woman or something?
Make it FE Male
>>
>>84486215
>>Made Captain America a member of Hydra
Didn't Cap end up being revealed to have been brainwashed?

I'm not sure why everyone was up in arms about this. I don't read Captain America but I'm pretty fucking sure it was always going to be a temporary reveal. Fucking casuals, man. How do superhero comics work?
>>
>>84486215
Marvel spent 50 years wanking on silver ages characters.
They have ongoings, cartoons, movies, video games.
5 years ago, they were in more than 1 team.
I'm so fucking glad that at long last they are taking a break.
>>
>>84486215
So many shills in this thread pretending this isn't just total trash.
You guys are no better than the people pretending BVS is good.
>>
>>84490957
Because shithead editors came out and said "it's totally not brainwashing or mind control"
>>
>>84486372
>She will make Hydra into actual good guys/
that actually would be a neat twist
>>
>>84491638
Too bad it's already been done with AIM. I'd rather they not do it again with Hydra
>>
>>84491638
I feel like that's pretty obviously how this road will go. Zemo will become the hero of the story, while Steve defeats Red Skull and takes control of HYDRA for himself.

HAIL HYDRA.
>>
I wonder if they'll try to ape the New Coke strategy at some point.
>>
>>84486215
It reflects the fall of the USA.

Now we can only look back on what was, like studying ancient Roman or Greek culture.
>>
>>84487931
#triggered much?
>>
>>84487504
It's a strange time when the movies capture the essence of Marvel more than the current comics.
>>
>>84486215
>RIP in peace

Isn't that kinda redundant?
>>
>>84486834
Holy shit. I just realized you're right about the Inhumans debuting in FF. How the hell does Marvel still own the movie rights?!?!?!?!?!?! Seriously. Can someone explain this to me? Where the lawyers on 4chan?
>>
>>84486876
It happened already,
http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix3/championsmillvisions.htm
>>
>>84486556
Who is writing that again? Soule?
>>
>>84486215
Marvel's plan is as follows:

Step 1: piss off all our fans
Step 2: ???
Step 3: PROFIT!!!
>>
>>84493102
thatsthejoke.tiff
>>
>>84486271
I can indeed admit I've read a few comicbook runs initially fuelled by anger or someone else being angry leading to me reading it.

But I can also safely say that the frequently repeated offences of this kind of bullshit was the prime reason for why I left western cape comics almost entirely, in favor of eastern manga. And when friends asked me about western cape comics I always told them that they probably don't want to get into that shit, while citing numerous cases that are more infuriating than interesting.
>>
>>84486372
>planning on killing the x-men
arent there no x-titles being published in the fall? young scott is on the kids group, and storm is in the new black panther for some shitty reason
>>
File: controversy creates cash.jpg (31 KB, 333x499) Image search: [Google]
controversy creates cash.jpg
31 KB, 333x499
>>84494207
It's a time-tested method.
>>
didn't they already do this with ultimates? kill of everybody, replace everybody and then they all got incursioned.
>>
>>84486215
Welcome to the nu90's.
>>
>>84488061
kys
>>
>>84488822
Man, I wish Marvel utilized its Golden Age stable more. They're just as interesting as DC's guys, but Marvel's never given a fuck.
>>
>>84494764
>
But I can also safely say that the frequently repeated offences of this kind of bullshit was the prime reason for why I left western cape comics almost entirely, in favor of eastern manga.

This, though I'm back now with no intent to leave.
>>
There is a simple explanation for all this.

MCU is the new main canon for Marvel, simple as that.
>>
>>84493102
You have to be 18+ to post here.
>>
File: ultimatum deaths.jpg (508 KB, 1280x1965) Image search: [Google]
ultimatum deaths.jpg
508 KB, 1280x1965
>>84494928

Except that backfired and along with lackluster writing and delays, doomed 1610 to a slow death until it was finally put to rest.

Marvel gave no fucks about it after Cataclysm.
>>
>>84495917
>Marvel Rebirth
>RDJ is the literal enemy of 616 and is changing things to bring in diversity and quirkiness
>Turns out he's working for Walt Disney, the real big bad of it all
>>
>>84486215
Funny how you are posting an image from Aaron's Hulk run; the run where they separated Bruce and the Hulk and that made Bruce into an insane Dr Morue-esque mad scientist and the first arc basically had Hulk going in to put a stop to Banner's genetic experiments
>>
>>84495726
Yeah. I returned to western comics too. But I was gone for a little over a decade. And I still hate many things about them.
>>
>>84487313
does the hulk look white to you
>>
>>84494072

Rumor is Fox CAN use inhumans in a fantastic four film, they don't have exclusive rights. So they can't make an inhumans film, but have access to them to put in fantastic four at their leisure.
>>
I still find stupid how easy was to kill Bruce, fucker has tried to kill himself several times before and the Hulk just pops out everytime he is in mortal danger, why would be different now, with a fucking bow and arrow nonetheless.
>>
File: xR4Q4.gif (2 MB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
xR4Q4.gif
2 MB, 500x375
Is just a Phase Is just a Phase Is just a Phase Is just a Phase Is just a Phase Is just a Phase Is just a Phase Is just a Phase Is just a Phase Is just a Phase Is just a Phase Is just a Phase ....
is probably not :(
>>
>>84486304
It's been 20 years and no one actually got tired.
>>
>>84488204
I'm sure Wolverine will come back soon.
>>
File: Double_D_Ed.jpg (124 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Double_D_Ed.jpg
124 KB, 640x480
I only read Ms. Marvel anymore
Are any of the other Marvel comics good?
>>
NEVER buy ongoing comics

ALWAYS wait until a run's been vetted or reviewed, then read it

NEVER buy event garbage

ALWAYS read a synopsis on Wikipedia after the fact and be glad you didn't waste time or money on it
>>
>>84501124

Not all events are bad. Forever Evil was a lot of fun!
>>
>>84486215
I stopped giving Marvel my money mid-Onslaught.
>>
>>84486215
But turning Cap Hydra actually makes sense and is part of what seems like a decent storyline, it's just that fan are idiots and didn't wait to see the hook before they rioted.

Everything else you said is true.
>>
>>84501495

My issue isn't any one of these particular things.

It's the fact that ALL of them are happening at the same time.

Seriously, it's like the low point of 90s comics all over again.
>>
>>84501027
Ultimates
Vision but it's ending
The Unbelievable Gwenpool
>>
I hope you're all reading Rebirth right now, it's the exact opposite of what Marvel is doing.

Instead of replacing all of their characters, they're bringing them back and putting in a shit-ton of effort into making them good again. Batman, Superman, Hal Jordan, ect.

Hell, they've even got Chinese Superman going on and that looks fucking amazing so far (At least, the Rebirth issue was good.).

Maybe Marvel will go back to being good someday, but I doubt it. Marvel Comics has become nothing but a source for the movies, whereas DC actually puts effort into their comics.
>>
File: 1465746840111.png (233 KB, 500x326) Image search: [Google]
1465746840111.png
233 KB, 500x326
If you could assassinate 3 people at Marvel, who would you take out?

>Quesada
>Slott
>Bendis
The trifecta of fucking Spider-Man in the ass have to go.
>>
>>84502059
Quesada
Brevoot or however you spell it
Bendis
>>
>>84502059
Slott, Bendis and Stan Lee.

Slott because he's fucking awful, Bendis because no shit, and Stan Lee so that I can take his powers and become the new Elder God of Marvel.
>>
I think the problem that Marvel is having that DC isn't (at least, as much) is that Marvel treats their heroes as mantles and not the people that they are. The Hulk IS Bruce Banner, a once in a gazillion scientific whoopsie. Bruce Banner is the Hulk. The Hulk isn't a title to be bestowed on randoms willy-nillly. Thor is the guy, not the title. Iron Man is the guy, not the suit to be passed around like a party favour.

This is why people rage when creative doesn't treat characters correctly or appropriately. Riri could have very easily been a child prodigy, very easily been a mentee or sidekick, very easily been an engineer and protege, but Riri can NOT be Iron Man. Let her be Iron Girl or Ferro Lass, but never Iron Man.
>>
File: 1461519232817.png (75 KB, 316x208) Image search: [Google]
1461519232817.png
75 KB, 316x208
My father loved Marvel comics, especially Spider-Man, X-Men, and Ghost Rider.

I'm glad that he's dead.
He didn't live to see this shitty company ruin his favorite heroes.
>>
>>84502209
I think you're right. Batman is always Bruce Wayne, Superman is always Clark Kent, and even Chinese Superman is clearly established to be a separate person from Superman, and done well.

The only ones who are treated like mantles are the ones that ARE mantles, such as the Green Lanterns and Flash. There have been at least Four flashes, maybe five now, and at least that many Green Lanterns, so it makes sense new Green Lanterns or Flashes would exist.

I think DC is going to continue being better than Marvel because they understand this. They make good characters, and their new characters are different, not just new faces taking the name of old favorites.
>>
>>84502209
Branding, my friends! Branding! The hero as a distinct individual is an outmoded concept! What is required now is a mask, a SYMBOL, a recognizable concept distilled down to its most familiar elements that can be draped over an ENDLESS SERIES of interchangeable protagonists! Yes! A procession of TREND-CHASING CHAMPIONS dressed up as palpable abstractions of the obsolete do-gooders of yesteryear! Creativity and HUMANITY are hindrances to profit! Sell, sell, sell! Give them what they think they want, but never what they need! You don't owe your customers that which is genuine and REAL, you owe them the lie they're paying for!
>>
>>84486215
I hope all the x-men dont die, pixie is the only welsh hero.
Also your forgetting she-hulk and war machine.
>>
>>84501859

I am. I've been more of a DC person since Civil War came out because it was trash. I'm loving Rebirth at the moment!
>>
File: manga-phoenix-lof3.jpg (60 KB, 400x616) Image search: [Google]
manga-phoenix-lof3.jpg
60 KB, 400x616
>>84487154
Mangas are extremely emotional, anon. Literally for adolescents who cant or wont control their emotions, and want to see characters doing the same thing. Characters wich only description is literally their ability and posing in specific manners.

And then you have the high school dramas. Mangas are not to be ripped off by american comics.
>>
>>84487716
>Scott Summers is a terrorist, worse than Magneto.
NOTHING WRONG
>>
>>84487716
>although his son came back,
before Logan died though
>>
>>84487931
>>Wanda is a Feminist and SJW
How did this happen?
>>
>>84488037
>drunk posting
>>
>>84486785
>remember that the X-Men were made to answer the Teen Titans, not the Justice League

Other way around, m8.
>>
>>84488204
>best
>after character assassination by AvX
Nah, but he was pretty fucking badass from basically Brubaker's run into AvX.

I even bought a Cyclops shirt.
>>
>>84487445
You're a fucking dipshit if you think they are literally killing all mutants.
>>
>>84503471
>How did this happen?
she calls herself scarlet witch
witches were historically/folklorically prosecuted for basically knowing things men didn't and having powers men didn't

someone decided now would be a good time to do a run focusing on the idea of womens secret knowledge
it doesn't really draw any conclusions its just wanda traveling around the world talking to different witches, sometimes helping them, sometimes fighting them
>>
>>84503547
Idiot.
Do you even know what the New Mutants are?
>>84487445
Idiot.
Take pride in your discussion contributions and use capitalization where appropriate.
>>
>>84503667
So she's a drunk beatnik now?
That doesn't sound so bad.
>>
>>84488292
>They don't like white people and REALLY don't like straight white men

In other words, leftists.
>>
They are focused on short term headline bait rather than delivering good Stories
>>
>>84501220
Marvel hasn't got a decent event in way longer than DC, secret wars had like a couple of decent tie-in issues but is shit compared to Fear Itself and that event was just decent but it had way better tie ins
>>
>>84486215
It's a DC mole working to destroy the company from the inside.

>HAILSUPERMAN
>>
>>84503516

My bad. I literally thought it was the other way around.

Still the X-Men were made as a "teen" team.
>>
>>84503848

Fuck off with this bullshit meme.

Do you understand that nearly every superhero in Marvel or DC would be left-wing in some way or another.

They're literally providing a service at no cost. Superman doesn't charge people money when he saves them. That doesn't sound like "free market American Capitalism. Sounds like communism."

Barring Steve Ditko pretty much every comic book creator for the big two has been left-wing in some way or another. And comics have been commenting on political shit forever.
>>
>>84505166
>Do you understand that nearly every superhero in Marvel or DC would be left-wing in some way or another.
No. That's retarded.
>They're literally providing a service at no cost.
Because right wind people are obviously incapable of charity.
>>
>>84506289
There was a township in the Midwest a decade ago that elected into office some conservatives who "pivatized" the fire department and stopped collecting taxes for it, instead they signed people up for "the Fire Department service" at a higher price, and using town equipment, and then when someone's house was burning down they checked their billing lists before any rescue of those burning children inside.
Not everyone who's house caught fire had signed up. They let those fires burn wild.
THAT is what Right Wing heroics look like.

You're /pol/ bullshit is what it is, and some people on /co/ WILL occasionally call you out on it.
Don't like it? use another board for your /pol/ bullshit.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 32

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.