[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there any comics out there about overcoming some form of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: beer pape.jpg (850 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
beer pape.jpg
850 KB, 1920x1080
Are there any comics out there about overcoming some form of addiction?

I'm an alcoholic, I just feel like I need a little more inspiration to completely get over drinking.
>>
>>84479023
Demon in a Bottle
>>
>>84479023
I don't know any where that is the primary plot. Questionable Content deals with it pretty realistically. For the love of God, don't read Homestuck.
>>
File: latest.png (687 KB, 603x832) Image search: [Google]
latest.png
687 KB, 603x832
Talk Yourself Sober
>>
>>84480336
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DONT READ QUESTIONABLE CONTENT
>>
Rick Remender's Venom
>>
>>84479023
There's The Alcoholic from DC/Vertigo, a semi-autobiographical graphic novel by writer Jonathan Ames about his struggles with alcohol and cocaine. Solid art by Dean Haspiel.

There's also Buzzkill from Dark Horse Comics. It's about a superhero who gets his superpowers from alcohol and how his superhero career is ruining his life.

For something a little more allegorical, try Rick Remender's Fear Agent. He wrote the comic during a period in his life when he was dealing with serious alcohol/drug issues and clinical depression, and even though he doesn't really address those topics directly in the comic, he does tackle them metaphorically in the comic's sci-fi narrative. It's been collected by Dark Horse in a series of trade paperbacks, but if you can find the original single issues published by Image, it has Remender writing very candidly about his problems in the letters pages.
>>
>>84479023
not a comic but south park bloody mary is a good one
that candy episode of ppg
>>
File: lossQC.png (227 KB, 800x1160) Image search: [Google]
lossQC.png
227 KB, 800x1160
>>84480336
>Questionable Content deals with it pretty realistically
>>
>>84480582
Holy shit great recs. not even OP btw.
>>
>>84479063
This was the first thing that came to mind
>>
>>84479023
The original Civil War had a lot of issues with Tony fighting off the urge to drink, and one time he gives in but is stopped by someone right before he can drink. At the end of it he tells Cap he is fixed, because he will never need a drink as badly as he does right now and he can't let himself because he has even more responsibility now than ever.
>>
>>84480582
>Rick Remender
>wrote the comic during a period in his life when he was dealing with (...) clinical depression
Are there any Remender comics that don't fit that description?
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.