[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
JSA Storytime: JLI
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 234
Thread images: 76
Good evening owls of /co/,

More of everything
>>
File: Justice League International-102.jpg (843 KB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
Justice League International-102.jpg
843 KB, 1988x3056
>>84477050
1) I have read literally nothing today, what is good

2) WHEET WHEET HAWKMAN/ADAM STRANGE MINI WHEEEET
>>
I haven't been able to read any of today's books. Trying to avoid Viz spoilers!

>>84477050

I thought we were done with secret Manhunters!
>>
>>84477069
The Deadman mini looks pretty good too
Every other month and prestige so 40+ pages at the least
And THAT ART, I almost want it to be b&w

Also CW2 sucked total balls
>>
>>84477069

I'm more pumped for that Deadman thing. Sounds Awesome.

Back of head tho "where's legion"
>>
I'm really enjoying this dank new meme where DC keeps releasing and announcing good books I want to read.
>>
>>84477069
The Vision missed me up.
>>
>>84477105
I saw someone reviewing it who was all "this is really bad" and so I asked "how high are the flames relative to the dumpster"; he said leaving aside the really stupid death, it just doesn't make any sense.

yeah, prestige format for that Deadman project is great.
>>
>>84477069
>Kenan
>Dick
>Steve
>Hawkman announcement
today was a good day for husbandos.
All 3 books those guys were in were good btw, especially Kenan's.
>>
>>84477069
Plus Deadman: Dark Mansion of Forbidden Love. All of them out with Vigilante: Southland in autumn? I hope this is a trend that continues!
>>
Interesting statistic on both creative a creator diversity by DC.
https://twitter.com/FotoCub/status/753250382218919936
>>
Why is Kenan so perfect?
>>
>>84477069
So
>Raven
>Hawkman/Adam Strange
>Deadman
>Midnighter/Apollo
>Section 8 sequel
>Prez?

Pretty solid lineup of minis desu
Raven is the only one that'll be ehhh
>>
>>84477128
so I should get myself hin and read New Super-Man?
>>
>>84477069
HJGLC actually made me kinda happy but I still don't trust Venditti! one issue is not enough

New Super-Man was fun, Kenan a cute

I haven't read WW or Nightwing yet

and fuck yeah I'm pumped about that Hawkman/Adam Strange mini! the Deadman mini sounds rad too
>>
>>84477151
why are things like this even on people's minds
it's like a memetic cancer
>>
>>84477069
CWII was less worse than it could've been, but still pretty stupid. New Avengers remains consistently fun and keeps the plot rolling forward every month. I'm all aboard the POD/Aikku/Toni ship.

Dan Slott's explanation/defense of the "THESE spoilers are GOOD, these spoilers are BAD" makes sense only if you don't look at it for longer than a second.

"We hope readers will come in, stick around, buy a few other books" well they fucking won't, and that's if they have a comic shop in their area or decide to go to the goddamn thing in the first place. You're trying to sell "Death of Superman" to normal people again, and it's just not going to work to that extent ever again.
>>
>>84477069
New Man of Super was a gem. I'm buying the shit out of it tomorrow.

On the other hand, Civil War got me legitimately mad, and I've always just brushed off Bendis' idiocy before.
>>
So much good stuff today, fuck. Good news, good comics, good food I made. Only sad part was seeing my LCS not carrying Wrath of the Eternal Warrior.

AND MR ROBOT IS ON TONIGHT
>>
>>84477170
Yes!
Kenan is 10/10 husbando, he has a deal with him that he needs worked out, and there are a couple interesting supporting characters that are introduced. And I can smell the character development coming.
>>
>>84477069
A lot was good today. Civil War was bad, and Tynion's Detective Comics thing is a just a long demonstration that he ain't Rucka, but Wonder Woman, Superman, Vision, New Avengers, Nightwing and Gwenpool were all good.

I even chanced on the Inhuman book after you mentioned it talking about old Inhumans vs new Inhumans and I'm still not gonna pull it but it is doing that. Even the books I hate-read were better than usual today.
>>
>>84477165
What's interesting to me is that DC is announcing these as minis to BEGIN with instead of solos as stealth minis. That's a change of pace.
>>
>>84477197
wait, what, with Slott?

>>84477198
I gotta go pick up Ragnarök tomorrow and maybe I'll grab a hard copy of Flintstones

what got you mad about this round of Bendis?
>>
>>84477170
YES
>>
>>84477228
What I find more interesting is they did that with DCYou twice, and all of them that weren't Harley's or Ivy's sold pretty bad. All but those sold under 20k by half way through at least.

But still it's nice that they still do it.
>>
How gay are we reading Steve/Nick?
>>
>>84477197
>I'm all aboard the POD/Aikku/Toni ship.
Yes this is good.
>>
Oh, yeah and Rucka WW was fun, Io is back, they got a little more blatant about teasing WW as bi buuuuut no on panel romance or her going "yeah I wanna fuck that lady" yet. I believe Rucka absolutely writes Wondy as bi, I just wonder how much DC will let him show.

Io being allowed to be on panel gay for Diana is at least a lot more than they used to give her.

And I've hated the lettering in every issue of WW. I don't know what it is, I usually don't even notice, but that lettering just keeps throwing me off.
>>
that spoiler stuff is funny bc it shows the sham of most comic websites. And marvel should've learned from last year and DC doing Rebirth
>>
>>84477266
Like 5/10 on the gay scale

Needed more beach adventures in tiny swimshorts to have a higher number desu
>>
I'm really glad about Hawkman but
>It's a Rann/Thanagar episode
>>
>>84477251
when we get closer to launch, I'll set up another Marvel Betting Pool

I still gotta check who got closest to winning the last one
>>
>>84477251
Slott offered his explanation for why Marvel spoiling things to newspapers is different than BC spoiling things. He doesn't like either, but the former the company actually works with the writers, and it's supposed to be part of a grand marketing strategy.

A very ineffective marketing strategy that doesn't bring in dedicated buyers, but that's Marvel for you.
>>
>>84477280
>And I've hated the lettering in every issue of WW. I don't know what it is, I usually don't even notice, but that lettering just keeps throwing me off.

you're not alone there, it's just slightly off enough to be distracting
>>
>>84477293
oh shit look who it is....

also, if anyone here has Gerber's Foolkiller, I'd press F to pay respects for a download link
>>
>>84477335
>also, if anyone here has Gerber's Foolkiller, I'd press F to pay respects for a download link
YOU'RE USING THE MEMES WRONG OP
>>
>>84477335
>>84477361
i know, i'm tired
>>
>>84477318

It's based on just getting people in the shop. Ymmv on the importance
>>
>>84477335
There's some Foolkiller in the big pastebin:

http://pastebin.com/12HZt165
>>
>>84477368
how's the Nightwing Rebirth?

I saw some people hating on Paquette's art and went O__o
>>
>>84477405
you are a scholar and a gentleman, fine anon
>>
>>84477378
It really banks a lot on those people having a shop around them. If they wanna sell to people reading the NYT, they should focus on their online sales.

>>84477412
Really nice, a good establishing issue, gives everybody some time, Dick some breathing room before barreling into the next plot. Rebirth in general has been pretty solid. Very few 'great, amazing' comics, but very solid almost all around so far.
>>
>>84477412
Paquette probably didn't spend a year slaving over it so it looked pretty rushed in places desu

But the issue itself was just fine, one of the better Rebirth oneshots.
>>
>>84477069
I read Nightwing and Hal Jordan Rebirth, Civil War 2, New Avengers, and Gwenpool.
Nightwing was probably the best Rebirth, HJatGL was shit, New Avengers continues to be fun as fuck (although Ewing may have made his first continuity mistake), and Civil War 2 was... it was Bendis, no more needs be said.
>>
>>84477325

My brothers
>>
>>84477412
It's feels very Grayson-influenced: it establishes the Grayson supporting cast are still going to be the supporting cast, but all framed in a Dick-Damian big bro interaction. The plot thread spinning out of it is Dick going undercover.
>>
>>84477446
>let's play thermonuclear war

>>84477485
good, good
>>
>>84477251
It was so fucking stupid. Banner was trying to explain that he can't Hulk out anymore, Beast hacked his stuff and found experiments that might be incriminating if the accuser is a two year old who can't into reasoning and logic? Clint shot him for NO FUCKING REASON other than Bendis wanting him to which is doubly incensing because Hawkeye is very anti-kill.

AND ALL OF THIS SHOULD BE A MOOT FUCKING POINT BECAUSE BANNER LITERALLY CANNOT BECOME THE HULK ANYMORE AND I'M NOT EVEN MAD AT BENDIS SO MUCH AS HE'S JUST LIKE A DEVELOPMENTALLY CHALLENGED CHILD WHERE THEY'RE GOING TO ACT A CERTAIN WAY NO MATTER HOW YOU TRY BUT THOSE GODDAMN FUCKING EDITORS ARE GIVING HIM THEIR BLESSING TO *COMPLETELY* THROW EVERYTHING FROM CHULK'S BOOK OUT THE FUCKING WINDOW.

I understand that Bendis sells well, but at a certain point doesn't the money become not worth it if it means sacrificing your integrity and your soul like that?

Fuck.
>>
>>84477455

What'd he do!??
>>
>>84477495
I should say "a" supporting cast rather than "the"
>>
Speaking of CW2 being shit, it's hilarious to me that no matter where I look, people are shitting on it in large numbers.
Like there are a few stray people here and there on twitter, tumblr, etc that are curious to see where it's going or can say good things about it, but man, 95% of people are HATING it.

Annoys me that it'll still sell very well despite this.
>>
>>84477497
Hawkeye spotted his eyes flickering green. :^)
>>
>>84477497
>but at a certain point doesn't the money become not worth it if it means sacrificing your integrity and your soul like that?
He's a fucking jew, anon.
>>
On 1 of the topics of last thread: the first Civil War spin-off story issue thing has this implication Miss America is hanging around on earth, this dimension, because of Kate Bishop.

I guess that kind of stands up from their Secret Wars reaction.
>>
>>84477522
I mean, it'll sell well because it's an event. But it won't do Secret Wars numbers -- not even close, if you just take the first issue sales as an estimate.
>>
File: IMG_20160714_055122.jpg (129 KB, 886x431) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160714_055122.jpg
129 KB, 886x431
Looks like we're probably going to get Romita who gives a shit in All Star Batman. I'm hype desu.
>>
>>84477497
...fuck this world
>>
Thing that's killing me about CWII:

Carol hasn't done anything yet that's like "gone too far", especially in comparison to what Tony and Reed and every other moron did in the first Civil War. Carol acts on intelligence, and things out of her control happens. When's she gonna really precrime somebody? Right now it's just like if something bad happened during a mission given from regular info gathering, except the info is now from a dude who can see the future.

Like 'bringing a ton of other avengers and forcing a panic moment on Bruce' is a stupid move, but that's not just on her, that's on Tony and everybody else too. Should've been "Hey, Amadeus, could you be a peach and talk to Bruce for us about his secret genetic experiments that're worrying us so we don't unnecessarily stress him out?"

Carol should be in the wrong on this goddamn event but she hasn't really done anything out of line yet. It's pissing me off that we're really supposed to go along with this, and considering how few issues we have left, the swing into villainizing her is just going to be extra stupid and sudden.
>>
>>84477497

>nobody told Pak what Bendis was gonna do with Banner so he made it so he can't change into Hulk at all
>Bendis wasn't told about what Pak did with Banner in TAH
>Bendis did hear about what Pak did and he doesn't give a fuck

Which one is more likely, given the state of marvel editorial?
>>
>>84477535
>I heard his heartbeat hulking out on a frequency only deaf people can hear ;^)
>>
>>84477585
One and three.
>>
>>84477585
>which one
>one
>>
>>84477585
Dude, he decided Rhodey should be the one to die after someone else told him that he and Carol were dating. This is from the guy who's supposed to be writing Iron Man.

He doesn't know anything that nobody outright tells him at point blank. Agent School Girl Brand feels like proof.
>>
>>84477562
Don't forgot OP, because of Bendis's shit, we'll probably never see Songbird and Hawkeye make up.
>>
>>84477497
>Clint shot him for NO FUCKING REASON other than Bendis wanting him to which is doubly incensing because Hawkeye is very anti-kill.

Hawkeye's iced a motherfucker before. Though that guy was a supervillain that was about to kill Hank.
>>
>>84477562
well how are you owls today

>>84477626
now I'm really mad
>>
>>84477585
Honestly Leth not being told what happens to Jen and her having to hastily rewrite her CW2 tie in makes me think #1.

Editorial probably just lets Bendis do whatever and doesn't bother telling other people what's happening.
>>
>>84477641
>well how are you owls today
bretty gud, I got picked for jury duty yesterday and it was over today
>>
>>84477535
200000000000% mad desu

>>84477585
Honestly my rage has been so laser-focused on Bendis that I didn't even consider those other two possibilities.

You can still say that it's his fault for not reading the material he has access to, though. Even if he's busy writing so many books, it's his responsibility to keep current on the characters he'll be using.
>>
>>84477679
good, good

>>84477698
how hard could it be to make an internal wiki with everyone's status at the time, even if you'd have to make sure it didn't get hacked into, etc?
>>
>>84477641
Aside from furious? Pretty good. I'm finally getting to drive on the road tomorrow at the truck driving school I'm going to.
>>
>>84477698
No it isn't, it's their responsibility to make sure their plans don't contradict what he's planning.

This is probably how he thinks, the self-absorbed prick
>>
>>84477734
The idea of Marvel organizing at all to even half that degree is hilarious. Or even thinking "we should hire someone to make something that makes our editors and writers jobs easier". They don't think like that.

I doubt most of them even skim check fan wikis.
>>
>>84477734
>>
>>84477734
just ask Ewing tbqh
>>
>>84477641
For the first time in several years, we have Air Conditioning.

Tonight, I'm going to sleep like the dead.
>>
>>84477641
I finished Defenders last night, so now I'm moving on to Byrrne's Namor series for my storytime!
>>
>>84477642
Remember when they didn't keep Rucka even slightly in the loop about where Frank was going next? They've got a real communication problem over there.

I mean, DC does too, but still.
>>
>>84477050
Hello Storyteller.

I am late, but whatever, comics.

>Rucka Wondy
This issue was much better than the last, since this one had plenty of cute slice of life stuff, and featured that format gimmick that made the whole thing flow much more smoothly. Also Io is back, and thirstier than ever.

>New Superman
See, this is what I was talking about before about diversity characters needing to be, well, characters. This was quite enjoyable because Kenan comes off like an actual person than as some shallow power fantasy. Also, shocker, Dr. Omen is my waifu.
>>
>>84477800
AC is love, AC is life
>>
>>84477816
Is that the one where he's splashing into the 90s?
>>
>>84477850
How are you storyteller?
>>
>>84477886
It starts in 1990, so he isn't EXTREME yet.
>>
>>84477800
AC is a lifesaver

It's been getting into triple digits here, and the upstairs AC doesn't do jackshit when it's that hot, so it'll easily be up past 80 degrees even when you set it to 70 degrees.
Had to get a small unit and set it up by the window in my room, and HOLY SHIT it feels so good now.
>>
Pak gets the Memorial issue at least

>>84477630

>Be excited about new Hawkeye trial
>Guggenheim

shoot me now Clint
>>
>>84477892
I am doing really well! Good shit has come my way.

except that the dog is mad because he wants his walk NOW and I am NO dog it's too HOT and it'll be hard on your body, and a pissy schnauzer can be a very loud thing.
>>
>>84477934
I hope Guggenheim stays at marvel

I would be okay with his wife doing something at DC tho, since she made Carol tolerable
>>
>>84477293
Marvel betting pool? Launch?
>>
>>84477942
that last panel is 4chan.jpg

>>84477968
we bet on how many issues books are gonna get
>>
File: image.png (29 KB, 272x223) Image search: [Google]
image.png
29 KB, 272x223
>>
File: image.png (27 KB, 274x213) Image search: [Google]
image.png
27 KB, 274x213
>>
>>84477985
after he threw that giant pity party for himself, too
>>
>>84477985
>>84477995

I find Waid's old man hair trigger funny
>>
>>84477985
>>84477995
Waid, shit like that freakout is why you aren't allowed in DC.
>>
File: Justice League International-120.jpg (934 KB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
Justice League International-120.jpg
934 KB, 1988x3056
>>84478007
>>
>>84477909
I mean I'm pretty sure the cover of the first issue has something like that written on it. "__________ing into the 90's!"

>>84477975
Sounds hella depressing
>>
>>84478034
Oh, it's kind of funny, I think Red Wolf ran longer than most people suspected
>>
>>84478052
yeah I thought it would go for 5 issues
my surprise when it went on for 6!
>>
>>84478052
>>
>>84478052

i wonder if those deadpool books will surprise anyone
>>
>>84478081
>>84478052
Hellcat is not yet cancelled though IIRC
>>
>>84478104
Eh, it's an all ages title and the big two usually let those live a little longer.

Though I am surprised that that and Moon girl weren't relaunched
So they're getting 3+ trades without being renumbered.
>>
>>84478101
I've warmed up to them more than I expected

>>84478104
yeah, that's got a stay of execution for sure
>>
>>84478129
I think I'm most disappointed in the Captain Marvel relaunch instead of just continuing this volume.
>>
>>84478034
I looked it up. It's not EXACTLY what the cover said, but it's close. And much like the first New Warriors cover, this was back before Marvel would find out what that sentence would imply.
>>
>>84477368
With this hair, Fire looks uncannily like a previous design my waifu had.
>>
File: APR160402.jpg (136 KB, 450x696) Image search: [Google]
APR160402.jpg
136 KB, 450x696
>>84478153

FYI Suicide Squad V4 hit today
>>
>>84478153
Same.

Worst part is it'll get relaunched again in late 2018 too since her movie comes out early 2019 (if they don't push it back again).
Wouldn't be surprised if it got relaunched in late 2017 too desu

Marvel wants her to be their Wonder Woman so badly but that can't really happen if she can't establish a good status quo for more than a couple arcs before getting yanked around again.
>>
Anyone else amused by the fact Dr. Omen(amazing name, by the way, totally sounds like a trustworthy gal) looks almost exactly like Maria Hill?
>>
File: image.jpg (216 KB, 580x994) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
216 KB, 580x994
>>84478211
Woman Wonder
>>
>>84478129
I notice Leth announced a new title called Spell on Wheels, which is clearly inferior to my Night Thrasher/Ghost Rider monophysitist crossover epic pitch, Skate Out of Hell. No wonder Marvel is failing, I say.
>>
>>84478211
Can't happen, not with nonstop events, and especially now that she's important enough to be part of them.

If she was unimportant, she could develop a supporting cast and do her own thing, but her book would be axed.

Because she's important, her shit will constantly get relaunched and tied into "world shaking events" and she'll never have any time to breathe and develop her own thing.

I get the feeling that Kamala's book by 2020 is going to be obnoxiously bad in the same way for the same reasons.
>>
>>84477165
>Raven
>Hawkman/Adam Strange
>Deadman
>Midnighter/Apollo
>Section 8 sequel
>Prez?
also
>Suicide Squad's Most Wanted: El Diablo and those other movie people

So we're defo getting all those books Johns promised by Feb-April 2017 right
All the minis will be over by Feb or March
>>
File: Justice League International-125.jpg (1012 KB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
Justice League International-125.jpg
1012 KB, 1988x3056
>>84478194
We read this already, so let's read the JLI issue and not the SS one, yes?
>>
>>84478212
If you consider the rip-off characters that actually exist across the big two that could all get extremely meta. What I think is interesting is the Ministry of Self-Reliance here is probably going to invert your traditional bad commie capes stereotype. They are bad - are they commie?
>>
>>84478263
>>
>>84478211
>Marvel wants her to be their Wonder Woman so badly but that can't really happen if she can't establish a good status quo for more than a couple arcs before getting yanked around again.

Eh, only difference between Wonder Woman's Status Quo and Captain Marvel's is Diana's generally lasts a bit longer before changing because new writers.

Honestly, I'm kind of waiting for some absolute maniac to try and unite all these disparate supporting casts together.
>>
>>84477562
HAL9000 pls go and stay go
>>
>>84478285
>>
>>84478194
I bought Hawkeye and the Thunderbolts vol 2, and some other things I'd get made fun of for admitting to.
>>
>>84478325
>>
>>84477985
>>84477995
Ahahahahahahaha. CuckWaid never not makes me crack up with his overreaction.
>>
>>84477777
Quints confirm Marvel a shit at communication
>>
>>84478339
we won't mock you

much
>>
Nightwing was really good, dat Monster Men and Midnighter foreshadowing.

I love Seeley is focusing on Dick being friends with everyone
>>
>>84478339

i defend ksd capt marvel and hellcat so...
>>
>>84478377
>>
>>84478277
The organization itself probably is, but Dr. Omen herself seems like the type who gives no shits about politics. All that matters to her is SCIENCE!!!.

>>84478293
>Honestly, I'm kind of waiting for some absolute maniac to try and unite all these disparate supporting casts together.
They should play up the fact she knows so many people to go along with her 'loves everyone' thing.
>>
>>84478339
I love that whole era of Thunderbolts. Makes me weirdly nostalgic because the Busiek Avengers/Nicieza Thunderbolts were like the last holdouts of the traditional Marvel style of comic (continuity-heavy, lots of captions, etc).

I know Marvel needed to modernize its style but it still makes me weirdly nostalgic for the old ways.
>>
>>84478406
how did I miss that LEWD Nightshade on the previous page???
>>
>>84478339
Aw come on you can't say that and not say
>>
>>84478450
Yeah damn. Dat skirt. Duchess is staring.
>>
>>84478476
I think that's a stare of appreciation
>>
>>84478502
>>
>>84478129
Why do so many people hate that title? Is it a case of not muh?
>>
>>84478502
that Guy face in the third row is great
>>
>>84478031
Yay puns!
>>
Mind linking to the previous JLI storytime? I sort of missed it.
>>
>>84478541
It's basically just >a comic that isn't aimed at me! that means there'll never be comics for me ever again!
>>
Storyteller, we already read this bit, but I'm going to assume we're doing so again because you want to see Eve and Nate playing grab-ass again, yes?
>>
>>84478541
hellcat?
mostly leth
>>
>>84478587
it's in the trade, I'm too lazy to skip

also...you know me so well
>>
The thing that makes me happiest about New Super-Man is the LL reporter.

>>84478541

Leth, misogyny and different art
>>
>>84478572
The funny thing is I read the Stan Lee/Al Hartley Patsy Walker comics before I read Patsy in anything superhero, so this seems more like what Patsy should be.

Only she's probably not religious enough for Al Hartley.
>>
>>84478618
>>
>>84478377
>>84478405
>>84478455
I got both Bandette hardcovers, the limited edition of Ms. Marvel's second Marvel Masterwork, and the last two Dragonball Vizbigs
>>
>>84478541
It's the girl equivalent of a boy smashing two action figures together. Goddamnit how did that one anon phrase it...? Like she's having a tea party with all of her dolls and they're telling her how smart and beautiful she is?

I don't like it because it feels like there's no real soul, no true conflict, like Leth is just writing it for a paycheck rather than wanting to tell a story.
>>
>>84478618
Fair enough. This crossover was pretty funny anyway.

>>84478572
Reminds me of that thing where Mattel made a bunch of different Barbies with various body types, but, uh, certain people got angry and started making a fuss about how there's no "dad bod" Ken. Yes, really.
>"If it's not about me, then it's bad!"
>>
File: Kilgore_001.jpg (207 KB, 853x1328) Image search: [Google]
Kilgore_001.jpg
207 KB, 853x1328
As long as it was Metron's computer, I liked the idea. But retconning it into the Kilg%re was stupid, not to mention out of character. Wasn't the DCU big enough for two evil electronic sentience?
>>
>>84478672
Bandette is cute, CUTE
>>
I can't fucking believe Bendis did another flashback to the actual event in Civil War 2. I am furious

>>84478683

>a boy smashing two action figures together

Geoff Johns is one of this boards most acclaimed writers
>>
>>84478672

nah that's all good.

>>84478710

i agree but i also always want more kilg%re
>>
>>84478710
my favorite Kilg%re plot is when Dylan Battles accidentally fucked with it

god, I miss that asshole

>>84478717
how did he do that?

(note: i have not read it yet)
>>
>>84478750
>>
>>84478750

It starts in a courtroom and Matt Murdock calls Carol to the stand and asks her what happened on this date, then cut to last issues cliffhanger of her confronting Bruce
>>
>>84478740
>i agree but i also always want more kilg%re

Yeah, who doesn't.
>>
>>84478750
The entire issue is a court case where Hawkeye is on trial for killing Banner, and we only see what happened as testimony via flashbacks.
The prosecutor was Matt Murdock, who Bendis, OF ALL FUCKING PEOPLE, should know can tell when someone is lying.
He also had Carol say she was still an air force Colonel even though she retired, though as someone else in the thread said, we should be glad he doesn't think she's a Captain.
>>
>>84478775
Oh, he's reusing the same lazy frame elements.
>>
https://twitter.com/TheBigBang_/status/753235583883964416
marvel can't keep getting away with this

>>84478817
god, so lazy
>>
>>84478750
I said it the first time we read this, and I will say it again: DC, bring back the Rocket Red Brigade.

By the way, Gates would be a huge fanboy of these guys.
>you are now imagining Ti'Julk donning his own custom Rocket Red armor
>>
>>84478822
>>
File: Justice League International-142.jpg (847 KB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
Justice League International-142.jpg
847 KB, 1988x3056
>>84478845
https://twitter.com/thesteveorlando/status/753235783377678336

LOLOLOLOL

>>84478846
oh my god that would be so cute

Gates would love Kilowog so much
>>
>>84478881
>>
>>84478377
Dmitri has great taste in cartoons.

Come to think of it I don't believe I've ever seen a Rocky and Bullwinkle thread on /co/.
>>
>>84478817

>The prosecutor was Matt Murdock, who Bendis, OF ALL FUCKING PEOPLE, should know can tell when someone is lying.

i'm not even mad, just laughing.

also the "all hell broke loose" and then clint throws down his bow and surrenders crying is laugh out loud funny

and bc pirating i can enjoy the bare bones (it's sledgehammer subtle but banner trusting clint as the one guy to put him down) and good art.

still no actual fight or real arguments
>>
File: Justice League International-144.jpg (892 KB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
Justice League International-144.jpg
892 KB, 1988x3056
>>84478895
I watched so much of that on late night Nickelodeon as a kid
>>
>>84478672
Bandette is superb, anon
>>
>>84478924
oh, the SS issue is also in the trade so why not

that way we get the ticklefight
>>
>>84478881
speaking of Orlando, he has a Boom book coming out called Namesake

>The four-issue fantasy series stars Jordan, a young man with an unusual mission: he needs to bring the corpses of his dads to a world called Ektae to fulfill a deep familial obligation. With two dads -- one from Earth, the other from Ektae -- Jordan utilizes the one time every seven years when the two worlds interconnect to carry their urns to a final resting place.

kinda wish he did it at any other publisher...
>>
File: Justice League International-146.jpg (955 KB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
Justice League International-146.jpg
955 KB, 1988x3056
>>84478942
>>
>>84478881
>Gates would love Kilowog so much
Why the hell haven't they ever met? Gates has time traveled to the present a few times, yet never got to meet Kilowog. But then, Legionnaires and Green Lanterns ain't exactly on friendly terms most of the time.
>>
>>84478543
>First panel
I didn't know Bendis worked at DC before going to Marvel!
>>
https://twitter.com/MarkWaid/status/753387209156243456

>Mark Waid @MarkWaid
>Update from DC: miscommunication from Diamond. (WHAT? THAT NEVER HAPPENS!) Flash collection is delayed but, I'm told, still a go.
>>
>>84478969
>>
>>84479008
Twitter was a mistake
>>
>>84478670
How do you pronounce J'onn's name? Does the apostrophe indicate a pause or something?
>>
>>84479039
Y HALO THAR
>>
>>84477985
>>84477995
He's such a bitch

Glad it's still coming out though
>>
>>84478945
Why?
>>
>>84479072
that is a fantasy novel Rule of Cool apostrophe
>>
>>84479072
Think it's prounounced like Jean valjean or Jeanne D'Arc.
>>
>>84479139
damn, Floyd
>>
>>84479008
I wonder why Waid.
>>
>>84478750
>Amazing! Spectacular!
>>
>>84479187
>>
>>84479215
yes best teamup
>>
File: Justice League International-153.jpg (919 KB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
Justice League International-153.jpg
919 KB, 1988x3056
>>84479229
it's fucking ON, now
>>
>>84479210
at this point i do wonder if dc has some sort of clause where you have to act somewhat professional on social media and marvel doesn't have one of those
>>
>>84477050
ONce again, joining in late, but hello anyways.
>>
>>84479229
>Eve and Nate
They're totally going off to fuck.

>>84479258
Hey. You read anything today?
>>
>>84479258
HI ANON
>>
File: Hickman's lost Marvel projects.jpg (1 MB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
Hickman's lost Marvel projects.jpg
1 MB, 1536x2048
>>84479346
Oh, Hickman's "Lost Marvel projects" actually made me laugh
>>
>>84479367
(also sad because he wrote some gud Spidey/Torch)
>>
>>84479367

New Mutants aren't millenials killed me.

and how come tumblr isn't all over new avengers. not just the canon ships but i've seen like no Bobby/Sam
>>
>>84479139
How long until we get normal Guy back?
>>
>>84479392
>>
>>84479425
>>
>>84479441
BEST PAGE
>>
>>84479187
Hahaha Floyd

What do you think the movie version is going to be called? Willshot? Deadsmith?
>>
>>84479455
that was one gratifying ticklefest
>>
>>84479405
>and how come tumblr isn't all over new avengers. not just the canon ships but i've seen like no Bobby/Sam

Because Tumblr doesn't actually read comics, they just spread around out of context panels.
>>
>>84479405
>how come tumblr isn't all over new avengers
Probably because Tumblr isn't some singular hive-minded entity, you fucking tool.
>>
>>84479473
ding ding ding
>>
>>84479503
>>
>>84479521
>>
So Rucka hinted at Wondy's bisexuality this week. That was kind of cool.
>>
>>84479575
I wouldn't say he "hinted" given Wonder Woman's dating every girl on the island.
>>
>>84479575
He did that in his previous run too. Apparently she gets around as well. Which makes sense, actually, since, well, Amazon.

Poor Io is never gonna get a piece.
>>
>>84479542
>>
>>84479655
oh shit, I haven't played any Morrowind in two weeks
>>
>>84479683
>my tickle-partner, that's what
>>
>>84479655
>this fight
Oh just kiss already.
>>
>>84479694
>>
>>84479717
Nate's trying so hard not to laugh

thanks for reading, more tomorrow, WHEET WHEET
>>
>>84479717
>Suicide Squad
>band of adventurers
... Sure, let's go with that.
>>
>>84479655
Boomer's enjoying this waaaay too much.
>>
>>84479736
Thanks for posting as always, Storyteller.

>YOU'RE ALL A BUNCHA MEANIES WHO NEVER LET ME DO WHAT I WANT! I QUIT! A BLOO HOO HOO!
Oh please do fuck right off, Batmanchild. Bye.
>>
>>84479736
Cheers OP
>>
>>84477777
Dude, they didn't even have a reference file they could email to Deodato to make sure they didn't need to troll Deviantart for character designs.

Marvel editorial may just play ether pong all day erry day.
>>
>>84478153
>I think I'm most disappointed in the Captain Marvel relaunch instead of just continuing this volume.
I am really afraid that new Captain Marvel volume means Alpha Flight gets driven even further into the background.

I haven't cared about Carol since Reed, Sasquatch in Space piqued my interest.
>>
>>84478211
>Marvel wants her to be their Wonder Woman so badly but that can't really happen if she can't establish a good status quo for more than a couple arcs before getting yanked around again.

I don't know, that sounds almost exactly like Wonder Woman, who is perpetually being drastically changed with every new creative team.
>>
>>84479344
>Hey. You read anything today?

Flash Rebirth, so far. Work was late, and then I went into X-Anon's Alpha Flight thread, because it isn't actually X-Men, so I'm not 150 issues behind.
>>
>>84480754
the difference is wondy already has 7 decades to chose from and the writers mostly just create new villains and supporting cast and ignoring the villains she had before
and even then she does have a decent chunk of villains and supporting cast who are associated with her
cheetah, circe, ares, psycho, the olympians
hippolyta, steve, donna, cassie, etta, etc

carol has close to nothing and the actual status quo she has changes, not just the villains and supporting cast
>>
>>84478543
JLI: Justice League Invadingrussia.

How many of these post-Crisis books had regular excursions like this into Russia? Because Flash had the whole Red/Blue Trinity arc happening too.
>>
>>84478710
Man, I wish Wallyanon hadn't given up halfway through Underworld Unleashed.

Not entirely a reply to you, I know, but he stopped just as he was getting to the meat of Waid's run. (Back before he was yelling at kids to get off his lawn)
>>
>>84478750
I just realized that Alexei is meant to be the Rocket Red equivalent of Ted.
>>
Next arc is my least favorite I think
>>
>>84478895
Not enough people make fun of James Cameron's Avatar by referencing Upsadaisium.
>>
>>84479736
you know what I've always wanted to read is the Outsiders issues that go along with Checkmate Volume 2, the Oolong Island arc with Boomer Jr
>>
>>84479072
Most DC adaptations go with an extended soft J at the start.
>>
>>84478541
Various reason, really.
The most obvious one is how Hellcat herself is an obvious self-insert for Leth to such a high degree, it becomes unbelievable and kind of pathetic. They way she gave Patsy a tattoo of her own face (Patsy's face as Hellcat) is the most obvious one.

Then there is how it is another of those "trying to be Sailor Moon" (slice of life series were the central conflict doesn't really matter as much as the fun little side adventures and monsters of the week, because the central cast has such fun personalities) style girls books that doesn't really get what made Sailor Moon work. Patsy has a side cast of unbiguously gay buddies that have no personality besides "I'm a gay characters because there not enough gay characters in comics" and even She-hulk has zero perscent of personality, even though her personality is already established.

It's just bad, plain and simple. I'm seriously conviced series like this are why woman don't read more comics, all comics "for woman" I've ever read in my life have been the boring blobs of nothing with cutesy colors, specially compared with some of the shoujo series I've read, or even the original Amethyst, Princess of Gemworld series (that needs a Rebooth by the way, I don't even care it had one on New-53, it needs a new one already).
>>
>>84479749
They're a band of adventurers in the classic sense
>>
>>84485106
>>
>OP is just going to post this Nate/Eve tickle fight in random storylines from now on
Thread replies: 234
Thread images: 76

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.