[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/co/ on TTG
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (133 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
133 KB, 1280x720
We pretty much all agree Teen Titans Go! is a pretty bad show, at least as far as our generation is concerned. It can on occasion make me chuckle, or can be amusing at times, but for the most part it is just very annoying.

However, I don't understand /co/'s general reason for hating it. Almost every TTG hate post I see is about it being mean spirited. Saying things like, all the characters are just huge dicks to eachother. Isn't that a little hypocritical of you /co/? I mean we're all complete assholes to eachother, and sometimes it's funny, sometimes it's just pathetic; just like TTG Although I actually think Robin getting ripped on for being an anal little beta fag, and the Robin has baby hands running gag, kinda funny.

I can't help but think I would actually like the show if it wasn't forced down the throats of all CN viewers by shoving it in every time slot. It also seems like they only play the same, like, 10 episodes ever.
>>
i really only hate it because it's the only show that's ever on
>>
>>84475015
>Muh original Teen Titans
>Muh overexposed
That's all there is to it, really.
>>
OP here, I'm watching it right now, and they're doing an almost word for word parody of My Cousin Vinny. The part where Pescis girlfriend is on the witness stand, schooling the court room on cars. Raven is playing the roll of that sexy New York chick, and Robin is Vinny. This is preddy gud guys.
>>
>Obnoxious dialogue

>Shitty random humour

>Terrible Music

>Low budget, almost basic animation

>No plot or story

>Creators never watched the original show

>So bad it makes fun of its critics and appeals to fans with r34 bait

Seriously, there is no saving this show, and while I can respect we all like things, I just dont know how anyone could watch this.

Brings me joy though, whenever I see these threads, I have a feeling the staff watches or cares about our opinions. Ik they just love ours.
>>
>>84475015
>We pretty much all agree Teen Titans Go! is a pretty bad show, at least as far as our generation is concerned.
Nah, it's great and I enjoy it for what it is.

>However, I don't understand /co/'s general reason for hating it.
NOT MUH
>>
>>84475363
All granted but

>No plot or story

Why does a cartoon need this?
>>
>>84475247
No there's more to it, those are just the more common complaints of the bunch.

I agree with OP here. I like asshole characters, fuck most of my favorite characters are villains but like most things in life there's a way to do it wrong.

I wouldn't mind TTG and might actually enjoy it if it's humor wasn't mostly trash. The joke where Beast Boy reveals that he sometimes just paints animals green and sends them out so he can stay home was funny, I'll give it that.
>>
>>84475553
>Why does a cartoon need this?

This.

Though perhaps it's because people are getting tired of most cartoons being plotless.
>>
>>84475553
>>84475606
i don't mind no over-arching series plot. but can't they have a good plot from the start of an episode to the end?
>>
>>84475513
people don't enjoy it because it's humor is for 10 year olds randumbz
>>
>>84475015
Teeny Titans is a pretty neat as far as mobile game go though. It's softened me a bit to the show. It's not TTG's fault YJ, GLTAS and BTB got taken off the air, it's just the only thing left fans can express their frustration at for cancelling them desu.

The show's no masterpiece but the kids love it and it keeps the Teen Titans popular which is good for characters, it could lead to them being used more in comics to maybe even getting the live action Titans show made if there's enough interest.
>>
>>84477331
>it could lead to the Titans live action show

Maybe in 10-15 years when the kids who love it so much want to see their favorite childhood characters in a serious role. Yeah I could see that happening, I just don't want to wait for these little niglets to grow up
>>
>>84476300
Like Samurai Jack and Avatar kinda?
>>
>>84475363
>r34 bait
Which episodes?
>>
>>84479297

Lady Legasus
>>
File: 1462552852045.gif (1 MB, 268x274) Image search: [Google]
1462552852045.gif
1 MB, 268x274
>>84475015
>Saying things like, all the characters are just huge dicks to eachother. Isn't that a little hypocritical of you /co/? I mean we're all complete assholes to eachother, and sometimes it's funny, sometimes it's just pathetic
??? Are you actually saying this?
Shows where characters were assholes just to be assholes were never good. Period. They either had something else to make their assholelry justified (Tom and Jerry, Looney Toons, etc) or something that's in character of said character, which of all characters only Raven to some degree and Robin to a lesser degree would have said traits, not be 110% of their personality. I thought people hated assholes, jerks that are shitheads with no good reason being one. And reading your post saying something like that was honestly the cringiest thing I've ever read on /co/, as meme sounding as you think that sounds for me saying.
>>
>>84477327
It's a show for kids on a network for kids, so yeah. Every kid I run into loves it. Manchildren crying NOT MUH and crying IT'S LIKE IT'S FOR CHILDREN hate it.
>>
>>84475015
>We pretty much all agree Teen Titans Go! is a pretty bad show
No we cant.

It's hit or miss and can be argued that it misses more. But when the episodes are good they're great.
>>
>>84479625
/Thread really

/Co/ should stop biting bait like this.

TTG is just a kid thing that we can't get.
>>
>>84475015
i caught a few eps
it's pretty fun but i dont find myself compelled to seek it out. i'm not gona go download it or wait for it's timeslot on tv or anything but if it's on i'll watch it
>>
Not very good/10
Better than nuPPG at least
>>
>>84480657

Yet there have been many examples of shows that can appeal to both kids at adults like the original fucking cartoon.
>>
>>84475015
It's infinitely worse than the original, and the humor misses way more often than it hits. The only good episodes are the ones where they makes fun of themselves and like one of the "not muh" episodes. Besides that it's just not very good. Doesn't help that it plays 9 hours a day either
>>
>>84479297
Any episode where Raven takes off her cloak
>>
it's better than the other "stoner show, for kids" things they air
>>
>>84480839
Fuck off moralfag.
>>
>>84481416
>moralfag
>defending ttg
Wew lad
>>
>>84480774
>>>84480657
>Yet there have been many examples of shows that can appeal to both kids at adults like the original fucking cartoon.

It only appealed tonyou now because you were a kid back then.
>>
>>84481697
>defending ttg

Why the fuck do you think I'm doing that? If anyone is defending ttg, it's the anon I called a moralfag.
>>
>>84480774
Regardless CN doesn't need all their cartoons to be like that.

The majority of people who watch CN are kids.
>>
>>84475015
I personally don't like this show not because it's """""mean spirited"""""". I love Always Sunny because it's mean and you want to see them suffer because they refuse to see how awful they really are. I hate TTG because the Titans are unlikable and know they are awful, but never refuse to change and lack any set personality; they ping-pong between the serious "no fun allowed" one and everyone is an idiot.
>>
>>84475015
/co/ is full of drama queens. If anything assails their sensibilities in the slightest, they believe it is the worst possible way for things to be. After that it's all hating something to be a part of the cool crowd.

Now with that out of the way, only maybe 50% of TTG episodes feature any quality writing or themes. But that and the flanderization of the characters can probably be blamed on CN pushing their breakneck pace for creating new episodes.
>>
File: Christina_miller.jpg (61 KB, 349x400) Image search: [Google]
Christina_miller.jpg
61 KB, 349x400
Because when it tried to shut up its critics, it said that cartoons, all cartoons, weren't cool and that /co/ shouldn't watch them.
>>
>>84484846
So an animation company believes that animation is a brainless pathetic medium designed only to extract money from stupid children.

This woman believes that her company is actually shit and produces nothing worthwhile. Holy shit, I really hope she grasps how worthless that makes her life.
>>
>>84480657
Are you sure shows like this don't make children mentally stunted retards?

Most of the more complex moral questions presented to me as a child were through fiction (books, cartoons, movies) not real life.
>>
It just seems so very childish, all the old references just don't land for me. I'm too old for it, and I feel like I'm too old for a lot of cartoons, now. It's a cartoon for kids, and that's what it wants to be more than anything else.
>>
>>84484958
You're being autistic.

Whether or not a child becomes an "undesirable" from watching shows like this depends on how much TV they watch.

It doesn't matter what cartoon they watch, if they watch too much of it they'll turn mentally retarded, as you put it.

So I can see your concern, TTG after all is played the most on CN. But it won't make your child mentally retarded, a lot of the shit on it is well written.

As much as I didn't want to say that...
>>
It just feels kinda dumb.
>>
File: 1395280309562.gif (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1395280309562.gif
3 MB, 640x360
My only real problem with it is when the writers try to force their shitty ideas or damage control themselves through the writing.

I saw the clown episode yesterday and its really pathetic
>clown is obvious allegory for the brand itself
>YOU NEED TO GROW UP
>ITS FOR KIDS
Normally I would agree, but TTG its really hypocritical to imply kids programming should be good for kids while at the same time trying to imply that TTG is good for kids
>>
>>84483903
>and lack any set personality

this is one things that bothers me, the characters just say whatever they need to keep the plot or a joke going. it feels pretty forced
>>
>>84481877
>>84482022
I hate neo /co/
A good show aims for it's intended audience, while having adult humor to keep the adults from getting bored watching a show "meant for kids".
Or are you saying this was absolutely 100% all children stuff that children caught at the time? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIUnIUWdw5I Cuz I doubt that, it had adult humor only adults would get, cartoons did this in the pass, good ones.

Cartoons COULD be just for kids, but that's just a excuse, unless it's a show for kids to learn how to be good and understand morals and virtues. Which, shows today, don't do anymore. So it's fucking junk, the shit that my parents blamed good cartoons were. This generation is shit, it's actively proving the older generation saying "cartoons are for children" right, just like the same against video games.
>>
-The humor is a hit or miss that's extremely skewed towards miss (Do I seriously need to bring up the waffle episode?)
-The whole "everyone is an asshole" does not make for a good show, you need contrast or at least a way to that sort of keeps them in check. They also have no motives for being massive assholes so you really don't want to root for them. When someone on the street or more relatable online starts acting like an asshole towards you for no reason no context to the current situation at all, you don't start laughing and thinking they're relatable or funny, you think they're a fucking asshole and needs to fuck off.
-Of course not the original Titans, but the thing is they constantly attack fans of the old show multiple times (some kinda funny) but then ultimately see they fucked up and tries to beg forgiveness back/please watch us oh god (episode with Control Freak, I think there was more too.) You never do this type of shit, ever.
Typed more than I expected.
>>
>>84475029
/thread
>>
>>84475015
I don't watch TTG but I've caught glimpses here and there as it's on and it honestly doesn't seem that bad.
Maybe all the hate makes me go easier on it but it almost has this charm to it and some of the humour seems decent. It's far better than toilet humour which a lot of cartoons go with these days
>>
>>84487055
That third one comes of like something a webcomic /co/ hates would do.

Why is /co/ okay with it when TTG does it?
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.