[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone else remember the Redwall cartoon?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: 61NM5VYB72L.jpg (66 KB, 352x500) Image search: [Google]
61NM5VYB72L.jpg
66 KB, 352x500
Does anyone else remember the Redwall cartoon?
>>
>>84473642
Only vaguely. Was it actually any good?
>>
File: Gentleman Sherk.jpg (101 KB, 900x726) Image search: [Google]
Gentleman Sherk.jpg
101 KB, 900x726
>>84473642
Holy shit, it's been so long since I've seen this. Damn, it kinda brings back some pretty fond memories.
>>
>>84473712
Watched it recently. I thought it was good.

Not sure how it compares to the book though, since I've never read it.
>>
>>84473642
my KCET jam growing up.

Shame about the rat boy in Mattimeo, though.
>>
File: 1460058017428.png (12 KB, 599x605) Image search: [Google]
1460058017428.png
12 KB, 599x605
>>84473642
>>
How are the books?

Been years since I read them.
>>
>>84473642
>>84474165
linking the series for those interested:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLF326FCA2D69EC726
>>
>>84473642
I remember watching it on tv, and the live action bits they had before and after commercial breaks.

>>84473786
Like mostt adaptations they had to cut some stuff out to keep it at a reasonable time.
>>
The block with this and Robot Wars was quite memorable. Hypno Disc forever.

>>84474175
They get repetitive, though Mossflower is good.
>>
>>84473642
I never watched it, but from what little footage I seen, it's 2 corny 4 me.

The new abridged series is really good though.
>>
>>84474323
Corny how? I just remember it as Medieval life with rodents.
>>
>>84474459
The writing was not very good. The dialogue was not very good. The villains were jokes who never accomplish anything. I have no doubt the books are better, but everything needs to be judged on its own merit.
>>
>>84473642
Never watched it, but the books were my shit back in the day
>>
I watched it for the first time last year and felt that it was passable. Not amazing, not horrible.
>>
>>84474175
>How are the books?
Incredibly repetitive.

Mice/squirrels/otters/moles are the good guys. Rats/weasels/foxes are the bad guys. Main character typically has a vision involving Martin the Warrior, then is off on some adventure to resolve that. In the meantime, Mossflower Abbey is under some sort of attack and the plucky group of good-natured troublemakers need to go out and discover what is really happening. Wandering hero resolves their personal crisis, troublemakers let people know what's happening around Mossflower, hero comes wandering back with the much-needed army/solution, and the badguys end up dead or running away.

Toss in a bunch of amazing food descriptions during meals and a raging badger, and that's nearly all the books.

They're not terrible. But they are incredibly black-and-white and they are mostly all the same. There are a few which stand out as particularly interesting, but asking for a list of best books will generally just show everyone's favorites rather than a popular opinion.
>>
I once went to a Redwall themed Bar-Mitzvah
>>
>>84473642
Every saturday morning in late 2000, I'd rush to the tv and go to channel 16 to watch this, staticky though the reception was. Constance had dem tits...but her comic version was a MUCH better design. For some reason, here in Florida, when Martin The Warrior was supposed to air, wusf 16 repeated Mattimeo, then never aired Redwall again. I liked the little segments after every ep where Mr. Jacques himself would explain things like healing herbs, and other things he incorperated into his books.
>>
File: Papa-franku.jpg (72 KB, 640x638) Image search: [Google]
Papa-franku.jpg
72 KB, 640x638
>>84473642
Yes. I remember my mom would record it on our VHS player when my sister and I would go to soccer practice every Sunday morning.

I have very vague memories of the series itself, but I think it's one of the first times I was invested in a cartoon that relied on its lore/world building. Might even be why I got such a huge boner for series that relied on its lore and universe later on.
>>
>>84473642
After season 2 I just couldn't keep up with it.
>>
a great series, I rewarded it a few years ago, knew what was going to happen at the end of the Martin saga but still teared up anyway
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.