[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mark Waid banned from DC offices?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 19
File: markwaid.png (87 KB, 562x581) Image search: [Google]
markwaid.png
87 KB, 562x581
Just how deep does the hate run with him and Didio?
>>
Why is Didio such a big baby?
>>
It was pointed out in the replies to him that it literally might mean resolicitation in this case because the Amazon date had been pushed back to December already. He might just be being a drama queen again without knowing for sure what will happen.
>>
>>84473454

What'd Waid do to get Didio's panties in that much of a bunch?
>>
>>84473512
>He might just be being a drama queen again
>again
>>
>>84473454

Who knows, but I remember Wait went on a months long tirade after he left DC just pissing over the flaming bridge.

Then every year or so after that at conventions he'd knock them down at a Marvel panel.

The man clearly has a hate boner for Didio, and no matter how good Didio's mouth is given he gave the right amount of suction to sway Greg Rucka back. Who knows what it'll take to get Waid back.
>>
>>84473516

He talked about this in an interview with Ain't It Cool News

>“The biggest challenge [of 52] was actually, wisely, kept from us by [editor] Steve [Wacker]. EIC Dan Didio, who first championed the concept, hated what we were doing. H-A-T-E-D 52. Would storm up and down the halls telling everyone how much he hated it. And Steve, God bless him, kept us out of the loop on that particular drama. [Editor Michael] Siglain, having less seniority, was less able to do so, and there’s one issue of 52 near the end that was written almost totally by Dan and Keith Giffen because none of the writers could plot it to Dan’s satisfaction. Which was and is his prerogative as EIC, but man, there’s little more demoralizing than taking the ball down to the one-yard line and then being benched by the guy who kept referring to COUNTDOWN as ‘52 done right.'”
>>
>>84473587

If that's true, what the fuck Didio; 52 was a beautiful and Countdown took a steaming pile on its legacy.
>>
>>84473587
Yeah but your story however good didn't do what it was supposed to. You had to have a separate mini to show what happened that's what he meant
>>
>>84473516
Basically fucked him over a lot, for various things.

Waid was apparently going to be EiC of DC, but then they gave the position to Bob Harras, a man who Waid hates for other reasons.

Waid, along with Gail Simone and Grant Morrison, pitched a new anthology series for Shazam/Captain Marvel, but that got shut down (might have been more Johns, though, but I personally think it was Didio).

The "Countdown is 52 done right" thing.

Harras still working for DC + all the drama at the start of the New 52 with other creators leaving = Waid probably detests the upper echelons of DC.
>>
>>84473587
Bullshit. He was with DC for years after that.
>>
If this is really the way it looks and it's over Waid bad mouthing the company then seriously fuck Didio and DC.

Between the Flash, JLA, Birthright, 52, Kingdom Come, etc. etc. Waid has does more for DC than almost any creator out there. The guy's an old school DC fanboy who will still argue for hours on end about the merits of Superfriends for fuck's sake. If he's that much of a pain no one is saying you need to hire him ever again. But he doesn't deserve to have his legacy and stellar back catalog fucked for it.
>>
I wanna hug Mark.
>>
>>84473740

He gave that interview in 2009, after he became Editor in Chief over at BOOM! and his contract with DC had lapsed.
>>
52 was a masterpiece. Waid Flash is one of the GOAT runs. Didio is a retard. Harras even more so. Based Waid. Fuck DC execs. Apart from maybe Johns who is badly over stretched they're fucking shite.
>>
>>84473454
What has Didio done worth while? Nothing.
What has Waid done worth while? Nothing.
>>
>>84473627
I don't know about the whole 52 done right, but apparently the making of 52 was a nightmare to plan out for everyone.
>>
>>84473570
>Then every year or so after that at conventions he'd knock them down at a Marvel panel.

One time he plugged his laptop into the projector and you could see on his comixology account that he had some New 52 comics downloaded, people snickered in the audience
>>
>Banned from the offices

christ DC.

also Waid and Harras have bad blood going back to Marvel days

as far as i know he and didio are fine. tho that amazing aicn interview he does throw shade
>>
>>84473985
The HB launch is all Didio as was Prez among other things. It's a shame about this grudge, but he always stands up for the weird stuff. Give him credit where it's due.
>>
File: 1345623116570.jpg (34 KB, 234x317) Image search: [Google]
1345623116570.jpg
34 KB, 234x317
>>84473985
>What has Waid done worth while? Nothing.
But that's wrong, you stupid
>>
>>84474006

He raves about the Flash show
>>
>>84473570
>Who knows what it'll take to get Waid back.

Get rid of Harras. It's probably that simple.
>>
>>84473919
But that doesn't mean that's why he was banned from DC. It's probably because of his beef with Harras.
>>
However, all this said, I do think Waid is overreacting. There's no reason why they'd willingly shit away free money over beef with Waid. They don't do it with Moore, and *Moore* fucking loathes DC.
>>
>>84474075
>Mark Waid overreacts to something

STOP THE PRESSES
>>
>>84473765
This. Most of his Marvel work is mediocre at best, with some notable exceptions. The guy does so much better at DC and it shows.
>>
File: 1.png (12 KB, 282x298) Image search: [Google]
1.png
12 KB, 282x298
RESET
>>
Are either of the people Waid's replying to DC people who would know

>>84474075

Waid's Flash run has never been really collected iirc and it's the definitive run on the character. Along with a definitive 90s DC comic. Is it even in digital
>>
>>84474075
And they even gave Kingdom Come a deluxe for its anniversary. I doubt it's cancelled because of drama (assuming that it even is cancelled and not truly being resolicited).
>>
>>84474041
He threw a bitch fit over Jay Garrick before the real Jay showed up

He's such a manchild. Like I don't understand how a grown man can get that upset over a CW show
>>
File: CnRfmnGWgAAwZsP.jpg (95 KB, 704x478) Image search: [Google]
CnRfmnGWgAAwZsP.jpg
95 KB, 704x478
>Meanwhile in Spain
>>
>>84474131
I think all of vol 2 is available digitally, or at least close to all of it
>>
>>84473454
Please tell me that the Waid collection is still coming out in December.
>>
>>84474228
no one knows besides DC collections people, the date change would explain why they have to resolicit but he's still freaking out anyway and assuming it's not coming
>>
>>84474226
All 247 issues .
>>
>>84474172

that was hilarious, i almost tweeted at him "Dude, the bad guy is most likely lying about being Jay and also alternate earths, WW2 Jay can show later"

>>84474213

literally crying
>>
Mark Waid is a pathetic little bitch. He deserves whatever shit he gets.
>>
>>84473570
>Who knows what it'll take to get Waid back.
Who the fuck needs him "back" though? Wallycucks? Superfags? DC has literally way more capable writers than SJWaid.
>>
>>84473454
I thought it was Harras he had a problem with, not Didio.
>>
>>84474048

I know there was bad blood between them both in the 90s Marvel days, but Harras wasn't even around when Waid left DC right?
>>
>>84474213
WTF is this shit?!
>>
>>84474343
I'd like him back as a Superman editor but I don't know if I'd want him writing again. He's just not that good anymore.
>>
>>84473587
Good job painting the straw man, now actually provide context.
>>
>>84474172
It's hilarious how he did that.

Dude has been working in comics for so long that he should have easily seen how a serialized series might still have more twists coming up about Jay.
>>
>>84474343
just make him an editor, he still knows a lot about the universe
>>
>>84474341
Seriously, he is way passed passionate and into obsessive when it comes to the material
>>
File: 1683781-gf.jpg (67 KB, 375x549) Image search: [Google]
1683781-gf.jpg
67 KB, 375x549
>>84473985
>What has Didio done worth while?
>>
>>84474375
I'd rather take Morrison or Peyer over this manchild. He doesn't have grand ideas, his EIC and being editor here and there isn't all that impressive.
>>
crazy how /co/ decided waid was a bad writer the same time they realized he had left wing political views.
>>
>>84474505
I think he's a good writer, but annoying on Twitter and probably unpleasant to be around. I buy his comics but I don't follow him on social media. Where's that leave me?
>>
>>84474505
>implying current Waid is good
Just read the ANAD Avengers anon. People have know Waid was SJW since his Legion days.
>>
>>84474535

well i said people who think he's a bad writer. I'm 100% of the idea of someone annoys you on social media just don't follow them. separating art and artist thing.

i would kill to go to one of those old conventions where he and Gru grilled each other on continuity minutiae
>>
>>84474477
It would be better than the literally constant status quo upheavals and crossovers that make up the modern Superman office. I'm just so tired of it.

>>84474505
I hated his Wally+kids run long before I joined twitter.
>>
File: avenger babies.png (521 KB, 604x643) Image search: [Google]
avenger babies.png
521 KB, 604x643
>>84474555

I like ANAD Avengers
Which Legion days? (I like them all)
current /co/ is gonna HATE a Legion revival huh, that's gonna be painful
>>
>>84473587
Wonder what issue it was
>>
>>84474608

why do people have such visceral dislike of that arc with the Kids? it wasn't Return of Barry good but I thought it was alright
>>
>>84474505

/co/ decided Waid was a bad writer when /co/ became a bunch of /t/v + /pol/ crybabies that don't actually read comics and decide how much they like a creator based on what side of the political spectrum their tweets fall on.
>>
>>84474667

yeah that was the subtext.
>>
>>84474477
my main problem with Waid has a editor is that we could kiss goodbye to any storyline that has supes deviate even a little bit, Waid hates that
>>
>>84474113
Wow

Such uncharted territory
>>
>>84474172
I could sorta see why he'd be mad but once they revealed that the Jay was saw so far was Zoom and there was still a masked guy, and that earlier bit about Oliver Queen's dad being Arrow on Earth-2, I figured the guy in the mask had to be Real Jay.
>>
Waid had problems with Marvel in 90s, had problems with crossgen, had problems with DC. So everyone but Waid is responsible, right?
>>
>>84474632
It's great that you like it anon but it's still trash. Also I'm talking his Legion threeboot run days. His writing has been inconsistent for a long while. I don't remember what's the last thing he wrote that everyone universally agreed was actually good. Maybe first Fe arcs of DD or 52?
>>
>>84474638
It was the issue where Ralph dies
>>
>>84474505
You mean when the gamergate side of /co/ did
>>
>>84474731

Probably the early DD (which I actually didn't love and stopped following when Rivera left)

I fucking love Threeboot, sorry you're wrong.
>>
>>84474747
What? SJWs love Waid
>>
>>84474535
This.

Waid is a fucking dick on twitter and I actually agree with most of his politics.
>>
Glad I downloaded his run then. Sorry Waid. I know you hate piracy but at least I'm reading your run.
>>
>>84473587
>>84474638
>>84474732
And let's be real; there's no way that issue could have been better. Sure, Ralph's sacrifice got invalidated by Neron and Faust getting out within, like, 6 months, but goddamn, that issue.
Didio was right to step in.
>>
>>84474731
Daredevil was great up until the Dindunuffin arc with the monsters
>>
>>84474667
Anon kun, people still like industry people who are left as fuck. Andy Khouri is a great example. Look at his Twitter feed and look at the work he helps putting out. People still enjoy Fix by Spencer. You're countering a non existent meme with another meme.
>>
>>84473454
And I am done with DC. Fuck you DiDick, 52 was glorious
>>
>>84474458
> didio and giffen shitting on kirby's legacy

my sides
>>
>>84474811
But it was a nightmare if you were a editor, so yeah, go suck dick somewhere else
>>
>>84474796

>invalidated by Neron and Faust getting out within, like, 6 months,

that's just the game of monthly shared universe
>>
>>84474751
>I fucking love Threeboot, sorry you're wrong.
I never trashed it, I said people have known his SJW tendencies since those days.
>>
>>84473454
I enjoy Waid's tears.
>>
>>84474862

my bad, sorry for the misread.

my favorite "Waid is political" story/joke was that dude who was selling other artists work and calling it his own had Waid and EVS both gunning on him and someone said he was so bad comics Leftest and Rightest creators teamed up on him
>>
>Waid banned from DC offices
He'd flood the place with his gamergoober hating tears. It's for everyones safety.
>>
>>84474839
>But it was a nightmare if you were a editor,

Maybe for a shit one like DiDiDickhead with no faith in the project.
>>
>>84474650
They were so unlikable in it and Jai's powers were just ugly. Johns and Bedard both did better jobs with those kids in the limited time they wrote them.
>>
>>84474839
>But it was a nightmare if you were a editor,

Hi Dan. You fucking suck.
>>
>>84474505
You're right, it had nothing to do with his once-good Daredevil run screeching to a halt for a shitty storyline that went on for ages
>>
>>84475159
>>84475214
Even the writers admitted it was a shitshow.
>>
>>84475214
>>84475159
Even the Writers admit that it lacked communication on a lot of shit, half the stuff Johns was doing he was doing literally because he though it was cool, some writers had no idea at what was going on or what would effect what
>>
>>84475273
>half the stuff Johns was doing he was doing literally because he though it was cool

to be fair I'm pretty sure that's his entire creative process
>>
>>84475159
Fucking dicksucker, think for a second. You've literally got 3 creators that WILL NOT TAKE A NO FOR AN ANSWER and poor Rucka collaborating on a one year project. You can get Jimm Shooter in there and it's going to be a shitshow regardless.
>>
>Flash more popular now than he has ever been before
>not publishing a collection of one of the most acclaimed Flash books ever
If true, DC is fucking retarded. But it does seem like it's probably Waid overreacting, I don't think they're actually going to pass up publishing this.
>>
>>84475320
Calm down Dan
>>
>>84475273
>>84475305

fucking Johns. I wish /co/ would take the view of him as a kid smashing toys together and it works out and not this mastermind
>>
>>84475347
Sorry Mark but for the sake of our safety and sanity, we've decided to ban you from this thread.
>>
>>84475320
Considering that this was Johns during his golden days, Johns was not letting anyone stop him
>>
>>84474732
fug

why did I look
>>
>>84475419
>fucking Johns.
Morrison was a bigger communication problem there mate.
>>
>>84475419
He is smart when he wants though, Sinestro war and Rebirth clearly shows that when he wants something well done he does
>>
>>84475419
Like >>84475458 said, Morrison is the one who threw the biggest wrench into things. His Skeets tweest made them restructure everything.
>>
>>84475458
>Morrison was a bigger communication problem there mate.
Oh fuck i forgot that this was literally Grant being done with All stars Superman and getting ready to do Final crisis, he pretty much used 52 has a way of seeding what he wanted
>>
>>84475432
Morrison never cooperates too, the guy probably has "I don't want to call my editor ever" on his every contract. Plus it was after his big return at DC where he did experimental stuff like All Star and Seven Soldiers. You can't restrain Morrison out of all those 4 if we're being fair.
>>
>>84475458

I was joking about Johns "WOULDN'T IT BE COOL IF X" style not the communication
>>
>>84475499
Bless him
>>
>>84475551

I think he also turned in X-Men scripts at marvel late so they couldn't change things
>>
>>84475590
based
>>
>>84475551
I Legit blame DC for Morrison being like this, Once they gave him the keys in JLA he was not letting the Car gor any time soon
>>
>>84475590
He sure learned that from Starlin and other Marvel writers of pre edgy 80s Marvel in that regard.
>>
>>84475640
I mean, it worked out well in the end. Besides they probably didn't want another Moore or Ellis incident. He'll Morrison left DC because they didn't let his Superman 2000 pitch through and came back when Didio literally went to Glasgow and fellated him.
>>
>>84474343
He wrote the definitive Flash.
>>
>>84475551
>Plus it was after his big return at DC where he did experimental stuff like All Star and Seven Soldiers.

But he did All Star simultaneously while 52 was going on.
>>
>>84473512

its possible they actually did cancel it though.
I pre-ordered the complete Wild Dog collection and a Question series (the Tommy Lee Edwards one, can't remember the title) that DC were finally getting around to putting out, and they cancelled both a couple weeks before they were supposed to be released.
No re-solicit on either, and both were removed from Amazon...
>>
>>84475743
Ellis' case is really just him wanting to do his creator-owned stuff and Vertigo's terms during the 00's weren't as favorable as Avatar's.
>>
>>84475800
>But he did All Star
Kek no. Quitely did All Star when 52 was coming out, Morrison pretty much planned out and wrote everything in one go.
>>
>>84475828

I wonder what Avatar's got that has guys like Ennis and Moore going there.
>>
>>84475174
Waid had one arc with the kids and it was when shit hit the fan and he was on the way out the door.

The kids were born in Johns run, well after Waid had finished his main run.
>>
>>84474113

You're still irrelevant Jude.
>>
>>84475323
>I don't think they're actually going to pass up publishing this.
Flash was as popular as ever and they had perhaps the worst creative team in the books history at the helm and turning away prospective new readers.
>>
>>84475866
Ennis
>Allowed Ennis a shot at directing film shorts, revived War Stories, and is trying to get him his own online TV show to direct

Moore
>allowing him to mess with their output to play around
>>
Good, Waid has never made a single good comic. He deserves to be at Marvel
>>
>>84473527
Did you forget the big shitfit he pitched because he genuinely didn't guess the Jay twist in The Flash as soon as de masketta man was introduced?
>>
>>84475918
Waid invented the Speed force you goon
>>
>>84475875
Johns introduced them as infants and then brought them back aged up I think post-Infinite Crisis in Lightning Saga. Not sure if that was his idea or he was setting up for what Waid was going to write, but Waid is the one who had the most control of them in that state initially and then Johns had some scenes with them in Rebirth and Bedard wrote them in the Convergence tie-in. The Rebirth and Convergence stuff with them was more enjoyable than Waid's run.
>>
>>84475918
Hi, /tv/.
>>
>>84475419
Why are these mutually exclusive?
>>
>>84475828
He had some problems with Hellblazer too.
>>
>>84475952
But you are talking a very small number of issues here. Convergence Speedforce had #1 and #2, not sure if they featured more than that.

Rebirth they had only panels dedicated to them, the stuff about sharing the speed force and Jai giving it to his sister.

It's clear Flash had no direction, Waid was brought in to get back to Wally but then was told not to bother too much because Barry was coming back. Iris was made kid Flash for a snap moment before Flashpoint rebooted the whole thing.

My point is that the kids didn't exist for very long and the time period they did exist in was pretty fucking shitty, I don't blame Waid for that one arc being meh. The guy is best served doing longer runs.
>>
>>84475911

honestly i kinda thought moore had just burnt every other bridge
>>
>>84476020
Isn't he still kinda/sorta welcome at Image?
>>
Guys, I don't know many good authors (Morrison, Rucka, Johns etc), but can you tell me, did Waid wrote anything good? Honestly?
>>
>>84476019
I'm just saying they were cute when written by other writers and not cute when written by Waid. I put that on him.

It doesn't retroactively make old stuff he wrote bad, but it made that one arc bad.
>>
>>84475996
He had problems with Hellblazer but he didn't really burn bridges on that. There were problems on Planetary where someone in editorial planned to replace John Cassaday as artist (because he was announced as Astonishing X-Men's artist) and Ellis and Laura Martin threatened to walk off the book if that happened. But in these cases he doesn't want to name names.
>>
>>84476052
Flash is the only thing of his that is objectively pretty decent. (Similar to how Morrison's Doom Patrol is the only objectively decent thing he has).
>>
That fucking sucks given how Waid seems burnt out in his Marvel work. Fucking DC can't do the wise thing and hire him back for a Superman gig?
>>
>>84473454
Waid has been shitting on DC non-stop for a decade, so...i don't give a shit about this drama.
>>
>>84476048
I guess, but I think he's kind of wary of Image, although he might still be friends with Eric Stephenson.
>>
>>84475640
I feel like countdown being shitty is a good trade for All Star Supes and Seven Soldiers.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (207 KB, 477x741) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
207 KB, 477x741
>>84476087
>how Morrison's Doom Patrol is the only objectively decent thing he has
BOY ARE YOU WRONG
>>
>>84476052
His Flash run is beyond amazing and the definitive version of the character. He basically built up all of the Flash lore and then Johns came in and polished the villains.

His superman book, Birthright is fucking amazing and absolutely captures the character well.

He has a real talent for developing the core character.
>>
>>84476052

he's one of the most consistently solid cape writers of the past 30 years with multiple classics.
>>
>>84476087
It's Wally run as I understand.
Morrison's JLA 1997 isn't good?
Also, wasn't Tower of Babel written by Waid? It's pretty good.
>>
>>84476055
That's a fair enough judgement.

I'm just not going to judge him full well knowing how tumultuous things were behind the scenes at that time.
>>
>>84476087
>trying to get Waid and Morrison fans riled up in the same post
(you)
>>
>>84476052
Birthright, his run on Flash, and a number of other Superman stories.
>>
it's wild that Waid is the dude with the most DD issues written
>>
>>84476131
>>84476133
>>84476175
Why DC hates him then? Or they just canselled reprinting some old Flash stories or smth?
>>
>>84476099
Apparently you care enough to post
>>
>>84475866

Seems like they'll let you do whatever the fuck you want without restriction so long as you're a reasonably big enough name.
>>
>>84476087
(You)
>>
>>84474436
Who is more of a manchild; Waid or Byrne?
>>
>>84476205

He left on bad terms and he and the current people in charge had a horrible past working relationship.

>>84476261

Byrne always wins. Waid would let a kid play with toys
>>
>>84476205
They honestly don't need his run. Morrison and Johns on name alone probably scored enough for DC on recent Flash reprint so DC is in condition to piss in his cornflakes.
>>
>>84476295
>Waid would let a kid play with toys
Byrne didn't?
>>
>>84476295
>>84476302
Okay, thanx. It's sad to hear that some good authors can't have nice things anymore.
>>
>>84476302
They could at least give us WML Flash then.

But it's still a shame that the introduction of the speed force is out of print.
>>
Anyone else like Waid's Fantastic Four? It's legit my favourite F4 run
>>
>>84476302
>They honestly don't need his run
You've never read it I can only assume. Waid's stuff blew Morrison and Johns out of the water.
>>
>>84474815
>Didio and Giffen trying to salvage Kirby's legacy after Infinite Crisis mangled and bastardized OMAC beyond recognition
Get some perspective, senpai.
>>
>>84473454
Considering how much of a gigantic manchild Waid is, I'd almost guarantee the hate is his fault and that he did something to make it worse
>>
>>84476322

>Sidebar. In my first studio in my former house, there was a fireplace with a wide mantle. I set my Super Powers action figures in a line along this shelf (in alphabetical order, which hardly anyone ever seemed to pick up on!)

>One afternoon, during one of my summer parties, I wandered into the studio to find a small clutch of my fellow professionals had gathered in there. One of these was a good friend, who had brought with him his wife and small daughter (maybe three years old). I walked in to find her sitting on the floor playing with my Aquaman figure. "She was bored," said my friend, "so I gave her Aquaman to play with. He doesn't matter."

>His exact words, burned into my brain. I took the toy from the child* and replaced it on the shelf. "Does to me," I said.

>*Don't swing at the easy ones.

I shouldn't have been surprised that googling toy story hurt more than helped

>>84476337

suicide squad, Legion, and Waid's Flash (and really all of v2) are my favorite DC comics and I can't fully collect any of em in trade. disappointing.
>>
>>84476520
It's probably true, but DC is supposed to be a professional company and pissing away one of their core characters definitive runs over something like this is untowards.

Petty vendettas really shouldn't have a place here.
>>
>>84476409

Waid's F4 was only really good because of Ringo!
>>
>>84474505
I still like Waid, since he's still a good writer.
>>
>>84476468
I've read it, Return and Wally: Year One are great, rest is below good, average and slog. I'm not talking about quality though, in terms of sale they probably don't need his Flash.
>>
>>84476087
>Morrison's Doom Patrol is the only objectively decent thing he has

Whoa there, buddy. How little you know.
Doom Patrol is the most mediocre thing Morrison has done at DC, if not his whole career
He has done immensely better work than that.
>you hang around one Morrison thread and think you're an expert
>>
>>84476534
>Does to me
Holy fucking kek.
>>
>constantly bashing DC on twitter
>constantly bashing DC in interviews
>constantly bashing DC at cons
Anyone got any idea why DC don't like him?

This is almost as bad as poor old completely innocent Joe Quesada not being welcome at DC. DC is obviously at fault here for not welcoming these two completely non-bitter former employees with open arms.
>>
>>84476584
You didn't like Savitar, Impulse, Cobolt Blue, Speed force, Linda etc?
>>
>>84476544
they're not throwing it out, they're just releasing it later
>>
I just want muh DC to have all good writers to make awesome stories together. Why do they let their low emotion impulses to ruining everything?
>>
>>84476674
Flash 0 was great and arc that came after was pretty good but when bar was raised so high his later stuff just couldn't come close in terms of quality.
>>
>>84474839
Denny wouldve handled it without the petty bitching
>>
>>84476520
I think it's more likely Waid is being an enormous manchild over what is likely nothing
>>
>>84473454
Didio is the better writer so whatever.
>>
>>84476926
I hope it gets resolicited so this becomes another incident of "Waid was being an oversensitive cunt."
>>
>>84476665
Why does quesada hate dc again? I remember he pretty much ruined any chance of seeing crossovers for a long time.
>>
>>84477021
Something stupid like them cancelling Azrael
>>
File: 1468438624772.jpg (27 KB, 460x574) Image search: [Google]
1468438624772.jpg
27 KB, 460x574
>waid sympathizers on /co/
>implying you all don't shitpost Kingdom Come storytimes while maintaining that hid Daredevil is totes legit and not hipster emasculation garbage

Every waid thread ever
>>
>>84477135
>hipster emasculation garbage
I don't really like Waid Daredevil but I also have no idea what this means
>>
>>84477054
Is that all? I was expecting something worse, but shit gets cancelled all the time.
>>84477135
How bad is his daredevil run? I remember hearing it was at least alright.
>>
>>84477154
He had a arc with Not-Trayvon Martin who, unlike the real Test on Martin, literally did nothing wrong.
>>
File: 1463164947950.gif (993 KB, 450x243) Image search: [Google]
1463164947950.gif
993 KB, 450x243
>>84477176
Great job autocorrect, that's exactly what I meant
>>
>>84477174
It's pretty great up until it finishes the big, overarching villain plot, then after that it just kinda spins it's wheels without really going anywhere.
>>
File: disappointment.jpg (44 KB, 402x331) Image search: [Google]
disappointment.jpg
44 KB, 402x331
>>84477176
>it's an anon gets triggered by black people episode
>>
>>84473627

DiDio was talking about Countdown being "52 done right" from an editorial standpoint and said that while he said it, the context was twisted. He's immensely proud of 52 but that Countdown had a smoother editorial process.
>>
>>84477292
I got triggered by Waid implying that a criminal did nothing wrong. Who is the racist one here?
>>
>Mark Waid continues to act like petulant, spoiled child
>Wonders why DC don't want anything to do with him
I'm simply shocked.
>>
>>84477386
we don't know what the fuck Trayvon did because ZimZam the Flimflam Man is a loon

but he sure as fuck wasn't doing anything and hadn't done anything when George "If I see a nigger, I pull the trigger" Zimmerman decided to follow him after being told not to
>>
>>84477452
>if i see a nigger, i pull the trigger
fuck thats as good as the dan schneider memes
>>
>>84474667
I'm a lefty and I never liked him. It is okay to be a fanboy, I have the same issues with Kirby, but once you start explaining shit away by lumping hundreds of individuals together based on assumption you have gone full faggot.
Faggot.
>>
>>84477452
>I don't know what a Lean is
>>
>>84477564
not that guy but do you mean the drink? because if not that im not sure what a Lean is, but id like to know and google just gave me the conventional definitions
>>
>>84476550
It's so fucking banal.
>>
>>84477604
Robitussin + sugary drink. A popular way of making it is cough medicine, skittles, and Arizona. It's also known as "Purple Drank"
>>
>>84477633
yea lean, the drink. sprite and syrup. is that what tray tray was drinking? i thought it was just an arnold palmer
>>
>>84477661
Nobody knows, but /co/ is definitely not the place for this discussion
>>
>>84477661
not that anon, but you should draw loomis fall from jackass
>>
>>84474359
Harras was working at DC when Waid left, but in a different department. He spent much of the '00s working in the reprint department at DC.

I don't know how much power Harras has now but whatever it is it can't be helpful for Waid's position there.
>>
Every goddamn thread someone posts the "Countdown was 52 done right" without the actual quote from Dan Didio and /co/mblr jumps to defend the poor SJWaid who got his feelings hurt by the evil Dan Didio
>>
>>84477700
you are right anon, thanks anyways
>>84477721
whoops, meant to post that here
>>84477669
>>
>>84476701
>Current Waid
>Good

Pick one and only one.
>>
>>
>>84473587
I miss Wacker. Not as a person (obnoxious as shit) but an editor. He did a lot of good work at both DC and, after they chased him away too, at Marvel.

Now he's working at Marvel's animation department and mostly exists to pretend they're creating anything of value.
>>
>>84477791
oh look it was Mark Waid being a giant manbaby and throwing a fit over nothing AGAIN
>>
>>84477791
>Waid freaked out for no reason yet again

as usual
>>
File: 1439518744716.jpg (42 KB, 413x395) Image search: [Google]
1439518744716.jpg
42 KB, 413x395
>>84477791
>>
He really want to come back to DC, isn't he, /co/?
>>
>>84477791
>>84477891
Miscommunication is one thing, and that's entirely forgivable.

Now I want to know what he was banned from DC's offices for.
>>
>>84477791
Some people should just really stay away from Twitter. The more we hear whatever's on their mind RIGHT NOW the more we notice they're wrong.
>>
>>84477791
Really hope that email was headed "Dear Mark, You Fucking Retard,"
>>
>>84477891
But it was one of those times. It wouldn't have been one of those times if what he was mad about was actually true.
>>
>>84477791
>it's a Mark Waid throws a hissy fit for no reason episode
>>
>>84477791
What a fucking faggot...
>>
>>84477891
>this wasn't one of those times
this was exactly one of those fucking times. Jesus it's no wonder DC don't want him at the offices.

Maybe if he started acting like an adult DC would treat him like one.
>>
>>84477791
LMAOING @ UR LIFE MARK
>>
>>84475419
>him as a kid smashing toys together

I've actually felt that way about him for a while now. Its what I like about him, even if the stories themselves aren't all that great. As contradictory as that sounds.
>>
Ok now this is a pattern and i find it kind charming and funny. old man waid freaks out
>>
>>84474006
Just because he doesn't work for them doesn't mean he can't read their comics any more, kiddo.

Hell, since it's literally his job, he can probably claim the cost against his tax - since it's a research expense. That way he's not screwing people over with a hypocritical Win-O'tude, and he still gets to read them for free.
>>
>>84473587
If that's true then that fucking sucks although just going by his twitter dramas and what I've seen of Waid at cons he is a dramatic man and it looks like he is not an easy person to deal with and he also tends to talk shit so who I wouldn't be surprised if the fault was 50/50 on both thwir parts.
>>
>>84475852
Yer shittin me. Really? What drugs was he on?
>>
>>84477738
Can you fully explain the quote? I'm actually curious, I've never seen it
>>
>>84478383
I think by that point he was entirely sober
>>
File: 1456017107399_0.jpg (379 KB, 1111x597) Image search: [Google]
1456017107399_0.jpg
379 KB, 1111x597
>>84477791
Watter surprise
>>
>>84478149
Of course he's allowed to read their comics, it's just that he was pretty verbal about how much he hated what the nu52 did to DC
>>
>>84478407

52 was a mess, editorially speaking.
Late scripts, lack of communication, sudden changes in story.

Countdown suffered from none of that. So it was "52 done right". Of course, Countdown was rather not good (which is weird because it had some good writers on it).
>>
>>84478412
He wrote a 12 issue miniseries in one go? And not on drugs?
>>
>>84474213
Son of a bitch.
>>
>>84477791
Just stay at Marvel, you child.
>>
>>84478592
while writing 52, Seven Soldiers, AND Batman
>>
>>84478573
Ah, okay. That makes more sense
>>
He probably read rebirth and discovered that his Wally and Supes are back and wants back in.
>>
>>84476544
Except Waid's is overrated "LOOK MOM I READ A COMIC" shit. He created all the bullshit with the Speedforce and all that autistic crap. Messner-Loebs is the actually good run
>>
>>84478765
>all the bullshit with the Speedforce
You have autistic neckbeards to blame for that. People kept asking how the Flash could do all this bullshit, so Waid invented the bullshit force.
>>
>>84478636
He got the gig in early 2005. He didn't write all of it, but he structured all 12 issues when Dan was literally sitting in Glasgow at his house. All Star delays were purely Quitely taking his time though.
>>84478697
He hates post crisis Superman.
>>
How did a sperg like Waid ever get a job?
>>
>>84478794
>He hates post crisis Superman.
He likes Pre-crisis?
>>
>>84473454
>nonstop shit talking their creators and management
>being surprise at all that that he's blacklisted

no shit
>>
>>84478636
Damn.
>>
>>84474105
His Daredevil wasn't my cup of tea, but it's undeniably one of the handful of best runs on the Marvel book with the highest creative pedigree.

His FF is based as fuck; he even realized Doom sucks. It's the third best after Lee/Kirby and Byrne.

Those two runs alone put him in the top 10-15 Marvel writers in company history.

He also did a very notable run on Cap and his Black Widow is one of the best books in the line right now.
>>
File: have at thee dubs.png (750 KB, 1304x350) Image search: [Google]
have at thee dubs.png
750 KB, 1304x350
>>84473454

sucks to be Waid. almost as much his Marvel work
>>
>>84478573
strange how the editorial mess is a true work of art, however the editorial smooth sailing sucked wiener.
>>
>>84479371

If I thought /co/ read old comics I'd say a lot of Waid hate is also bc he gets Doom and /co/ is full of Doomfags
>>
>>84479734
Writing someone as pure evil isn't "getting" them.
>>
>>84479864
I'm agnostic about his Doom but his justification for writing him that way was bullshit.

He claimed all the stuff about Doom being an honorable man who keeps his promises is just stuff Doom made up, when it actually goes back to the Lee/Kirby days and Reed is the first one to claim that Doom isn't a liar.

Now, obviously Waid knew that. He was making a big authoritative-sounding claim about the history of the character to justify what he wanted to do with him. I don't exactly blame him for that, but a lot of his claims about comic history seem self-serving justifications.
>>
>>84479371
Daredevil, like Craption's Hawkeye, was carried by the art and not by the writing.
There is a reason why Kingdom Come won Eisners for everything except for the writing
And Fantastic Four is the same really, Ringo carried the bland story
Also
>hating Doom
>Black Widow is good
I should have know you were just b8ting or a faggot who seriously thought that /co/mblr needs to love and defend SJWaid
>>
>>84479996
I tend to think if we like the art we probably like the writing too on some level. Giving artists stuff they can draw well is a writing talent.

To me the big what-if in Waid's Marvel career is what if his and Ron Garney's Captain America hadn't been cut short by Heroes Reborn. He got the book back afterward but it was never as good.
>>
>>84479996
regardless of your political stance, his decision to openly call GamerGate being allowed to have a booth like allowing Nazis was a pretty retarded thing to say. I liked his 90's Flash, but that's about it.
>>
>>84474213
How much do those cost?
>>
>>84481531
only 1,50 Euro, duh
>>
I genuinely hope Mark Waid has a gigantic fucking tantrum and kills himself accidentally.
>>
>>84477791
watta story
>>
>>84481669
But in real money not eurocuck cardboard fort money
>>
>>84482200
oh right

¥11.14
>>
>>84477176
It was one issue you retard
>>
>>84477791
>miscommunication
not from your end, cunt
>>
>>84478765
you have patrician taste, sir.
Waid ruined Flash and Johns killed him.
>>
>>84482234
holy crap that's cheap
>>
I think the ban might be due to the bad blood between him and Bob Harras.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.