[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there any really good Batman stories that I'd be missing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: 2000s.png (2 MB, 1291x970) Image search: [Google]
2000s.png
2 MB, 1291x970
Are there any really good Batman stories that I'd be missing by Skipping from the end of No Man's Land to Morrison's run?

I know there are some great stories in this period from the rest of Gotham- Gotham Central, Brubaker's Catwoman, and Puckett's Batgirl, - but I've never really heard anyone recommend any Batman stories specifically.
>>
Read Judd Winick's Red Hood arc.
>>
I know all of her other work is fuckawful, but Devin Grayson's Gotham Knights was really good.
>>
File: image.jpg (54 KB, 938x477) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54 KB, 938x477
>>84473180
>woman writer
>>
>>84473206
Fuck off.
>>
Brubaker's run is pretty good
>>
>>84472799
the shadowy hand in the background looked like King Ghidorah, before I took a second glance at it
>>
>>84473180
>Devin Grayson
Isn't that the chick who had her self-insert rape Nightwing?
>>
>>84473655
>I know all of her other work is fuckawful
>>
>>84473229
no i
>>
>>84473865
Oh good, you agree.
>>
David Lapham's 12 issue detective comics run is GOAT and severely underrated.
>>
>>84473280
I would read Batman vs. Ghidora
>>
>>84474025
Same. This is why I'm hyped for the upcoming monster men Batman/Detective Comics crossover.
>>
>>84474001
Then Loeb's hush and Brubaker's runs were pretty decent. Azarello's run, Robinson's face the face and Wagner's monster men were good.
>>
>>84472843
I guess I forgot that was in that time period. I've read that already after watching the movie.
>>
>>84472843
Red hood arc was shit. Just watch the movie which is much better.

>>84474001
I second Lapham's City of crime. It's one of the best Batman stories out there.
>>
>>84475173
>Red hood arc was shit. Just watch the movie which is much better.
bad opinion
>>
>>84475308
They're pretty much the exact same story but with the Superboy Prime changed (definitely an improvement) I can't understand how someone can say one is great and the other is shit.
>>
>>84475346
Well I like all the subplots in the comic (Amazo etc).
Plus, Doug Mahnke>korean slaves.
>>
>>84475346
>Using Lazarus pit was much better than superboy prime punching shit.
>the comic wasn't even written that good and had a lot of unrelated plot points.
>The movie is one of the best Bat movies. Can't say the same for the comic, which was just okay.
>>
>>84473655

Don't forget that she then proceeded to defend it by claiming it wasn't rape!
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.