[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just finished rewatching this, The first season was really damned
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 4
File: YJ.jpg (66 KB, 900x469) Image search: [Google]
YJ.jpg
66 KB, 900x469
Just finished rewatching this, The first season was really damned good. It didn't start getting questionable till season 2. But it was still all in all a great show. Opinions?
>>
File: Impulse_YJ.jpg (56 KB, 610x343) Image search: [Google]
Impulse_YJ.jpg
56 KB, 610x343
I wanted to FUCK Impulse with the force of a Japanese bullet train.
>>
>>84467723
I'm sure if your name is Jamie Reyes, he'd be all for it.
>>
>>84467647
I hated how the endings of both seasons seemed very rushed, but all in all it was a great show that had great characters. Superboy a best
>>
>>84467647
TTGO made me appreciate this more.
>>
I've noticed it's been trending on Netflix for some time now. When the fuck is Netflix going to pick them up for a 3rd season.
>>
>>84468023
Yeah, but TTGo will make you appreciate the beauty that is paint drying.
>>
>>84468049
Probably when they can get enough people watching the first two seasons
>>
The timeskip was a mistake. We were just starting to finally learn about and get attached to these characters and they're pushed out of the way for a bunch of new ones.

Also, the forced catch phrases were abused way, WAY too much.
>>
>>84467647
It was bad through and through
>>
>>84467647
Strong pilot. Dropped the ball for everything else. It's Thundercats reboot all over again.
>>
>>84468152
I guess you were whelmed by all the catchphrases.
>>
What was that episode near the end that was 90% exposition and tying up loose ends? god was that bad.
>>
>>84468049
Depends if WB wants to play ball.
>>
>>84468239
>all those villain interactions
>dat final fight scene
>bad

That's some shit taste, senpai.
>>
>>84467647
HELLOOOOOOO MEGAN!!!!!!!
>>
>>84468152
>Not appreciating all the great running gags
>Getting whelmed this easily
Get a load of this keezy fem over here
>>
File: All_will_be_well.png (609 KB, 800x1000) Image search: [Google]
All_will_be_well.png
609 KB, 800x1000
>>84468312
They don't have any reason not to. They declined a kickstarter and an online petition because they didn't think there was a market. Netflix already has plenty of successful series on their site and now are interested in making another season of YJ. The only issue they should have is licensing fees.

Personally I am hopeful that they'll go for it and maybe we can get another season or more of GLTAS also.
>>
File: fb21e.jpg (182 KB, 471x721) Image search: [Google]
fb21e.jpg
182 KB, 471x721
I just wanna know what was the plan with Warworld.
>>
>>84468598
>Running gags
A shitty joke is shitty. Telling that sane shitty joke again is unbearable.
>>
>>84467647
>But it was still all in all a great show
Nah. It had a good pilot, and then from episode 2 and onwards, it just became a total piece of shit. It had a lot in common with the thundercats reboot in that way. It was dogshit in a pretty package.
>>
>>84469398
It was actually pretty awesome start to finish, some of the episodes even beat out classic DCAU eps. Surprised it's not more popular here but I guess people are put off by the whole "kid superheroes" thing.
>>
>>84468816
I thought it was just Vandal getting a shiny new weapon to protect Earth and threaten other worlds with.
>>
>>84469471
>It was actually pretty awesome start to finish,
lol no it wasn't.
>some of the episodes even beat out classic DCAU eps
While some of the DCAU doesn't really hold up anymore, the fucking zetaman project was better than Young justice. Young justice really wasn't good at all, and I think whats his fuck had a breakdown of some sort when spiderman got cancelled, because this was such a far cry from the writing all of his other stuff had.
>>
>>84469476
>responding to bait
>>
>>84469556
Meant for >>84469471
>>
>>84469534
I don't really understand where you're coming from, it was an awesome show, I really liked it. Too bad you didn't, because it was really good.
>>
>>84469806
You can like it all you want, but to think it was some sort of amazing or great thing is just being straight up delusional.
>>
>>84469865
It was a really good action cartoon, there aren't a lot of those. I'd say that it deserves the title of great or amazing thing.
>>
>>84469398
>>84469534
>>84469865
You're wrong.
>>
>>84469865
It was a great show. Season 1 was much better than season 2, though. You've obviously got some burr up your ass about it.
>>
>>84470093
>You've obviously got some burr up your ass about it.
Yeah, not being a shipfag probably has something to do with it.
>>
>>84467647
I heard this show was canceled because CN couldent handle the fact it had a mostly female audience.
>>
>>84470229
Tween female audience. They tried to cover it up and say that it had to do with toys or some bullshit.
>>
>>84470130
Funny, I didn't bring up shipping at all. I did like it for the character arcs, especially season 1. Superboy learning to cool the rage and not punch everything, Artemis and Miss M learning to accept themselves, Robin learning to lead. Blaqualad was great, Wally was great. The main characters weren't perfect and made typical teenage mistakes.
>>
>>84470229
It got cancelled because CN didn't want to pay the fees to keep it airing. Because WB does dumb shit like have their separate divisions charge licensing fees to each other. CN had to pay DC to air the shows.
>>
>>84470254
>Tween female audience

Shit, that makes a lot of sense. I always thought the entire cast had obnoxious personalities in season 1 which made the show absolutely unbearable for me and I never understood why it was so popular, but I can see girls absolutely loving all the fucking angst and attitude.
>>
>>84470304
It was a combo of things, in general it didnt make enough ratings with its target demo and the toys didnt sell, the high budget didnt hlelp
>>
>>84470321
Don't forget the pairings they had blatantly made in episode 2. Most people say the miss martian/superboy romance was bad, and it really was, but I thought the kid flash/artemis shit they set up was just really cringey to watch.
>I hate you!
>I hate you too!
>artemis gets hit
>LEEEAAAVE HEEER ALOOOONE! >:(
>>
>>84468239
that was weird as hell

>Everybody takes turns explaining important plot elements that happened offscreen

Did they get an episode cut from the budget or something
>>
>>84470429
Probably some of those plot points were meant to be explained in season 3 and they opted to try to explain some there because the show got canned.
>>
>>84470229
>>84470254
It wasn't about the female audience. Weisman himself said it was about the lack of toy sales.

>>84470352
The ratings were actually decent. But ratings alone can't save action cartoons. They need toy sales to help fund them.
>>
>>84470548
>They need toy sales to help fund them.
That isn't the case for Netflix shows though.
>>
>>84470548
>Weisman himself said
Yeah, because he's going to say it was because of the audience. It doesn't matter what gender or age the audience is, they would never ever admit it was because of a certain type of audience that it didn't do well. You alienate people that way, especially the people who are going to buy this shit after its cancelled.
>>
>>84468152
>Also, the forced catch phrases were abused way, WAY too much.

this is something I liked about season 2, they mostly cut down on that
>>
>>84470605
CN doesn't give a shit about whether something is watched by the male or female audience. Adventure Time started out as a boys comedy, but they've focused on girls just as much when that audience was drawn to it.

Also, why is Paul Dini inherently more reliable than Weisman, when one worked on a different and was talking about his experiences in that one, and the other actually worked on YJ?
>>
>>84470584
I was talking about its time in CN. Netflix obviously doesn't have this problem, but Voltron is still getting a toy line next year.
>>
>>84470893
this.
>>
>>84471166
True. It wasn't about females watching the show. I don't know why women have to believe if something they like isn't doing well or gets cancelled or criticized it's somehow a slight against all females based entirely on misogyny. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.
>>
>>84469339
Hello Megan was explained and made sense. Robin's whelmed, aster and traught were retarded.
>>
>>84467647
Liked both seasons; they each had their strengths and weaknesses. Black Manta and Sports Master were the shit. Fights were good. More things should have Aqua Lad in them.
>>
>>84467647
i thought it was pretty fucking perfect, but /co/ hates it like any good recent serious action show.
the only crit i have is faggy short haircuts
>>
>>84470548
it's all fine if toy companies do their FUCKING JOB
but they dont. at all.
>>
>>84470605
he has said it a million times, about other shows he's been on
>>84468152
fuck you, they actually did those WELL on this show, for once
>>
Great show, would have benefitted from an 40 minute finale badly though, everything wrapped up far too quick.
>>
>>84467773

They were building up to something big happening on the submarine, decided "fuck it" and then ended the season.

>>84468152
The timeskip wouldn't have been bad if they kept the focus on the original crew a lot better
>>
>>84477869
Probably because it had gotten canned they had to wrap everything up in less episodes.
>>
I enjoyed the long running plot, with Vandal Savages shit being so complex he was still going to finish stuff from season 1 all the way in season 3, and the art was great to look at too. Had some great action and tried to respect yet build upon the DC lore.
I can see why people might not like shipping or Robins wordplay, but that wasn't a real deal breaker for me.
>>
>>84479960
I was always bothered by the plans on top of plans on top of plans thing.
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.