[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lumberjanes/Gotham Academy 1&2 Storytime
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 52
Hey there gals and pals!

It's time for something appropriately summer-y!

That's right, today marks the release of the second issue of the outrageous Lumberjanes/Gotham Academy crossover, so I'm here to slap down both at once.
>>
Fuck you.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chien-Shiung_Wu

FUNDUCATIONAL!
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
This should have been, like the fifth page of the issue. Not the penultimate.
>>
And that's your lot so far!

As a fan and follower of Lumberjanes since the start, I'm a bit tepid on this book so far, not disliking it, just not wow'd. I liked the pace of the first issue, but the second slowed things down a bit. Too much planning and teen snark from the Gotham Academy folks, not enough adventure. And to be fair I haven't read more than the first volume of Gotham Academy so I'm not very familiar/fond of most of them aside from Maps.

But hey, we're not even halfway through, so that could yet change!

So until next time gals and pals, stay outrageous!
>>
>>84468087
at least it's not bad and can carry us over to the GA: Next Semester relaunch
>>
Gosh DC fans, I don't see you shamelessly ghost bumping THIS lovely book? Why is that? What's wrong?
>>
File: I'm a rocker I rock out.png (134 KB, 281x283) Image search: [Google]
I'm a rocker I rock out.png
134 KB, 281x283
>>84468313
I know there's more than few peeps in these parts very vocally against both Lumberjanes and Gotham Academy.

If I only wanted to storytime what was popular or the Hot Topic I'd be doing one of the big Marvel Event books I care nothing for.
>>
>>84468473
>/co/mblr
>>
>>84468505
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You're welcome to dislike a thing and even to say why you don't like a thing.
>>
>>84468309
How DOES time progression work in GA?
I mean, they're kids in school, even in cape comics kids get older and there's only so much adventure that can fit in a school year.

I know Lumberjanes gets around it with literal time magic going on.
>>
I don't like the art, but the story is good.
>>
>>84468473

I meant more that I see the "Rebirth" threads just get ghost-bumped for several days with no discussion just in a vain attempt to keep the threads up even when the story in particular, like Action Comics, is complete trash. But regardless of story quality, it's a particular narrative I think certain folks on /co/ want to make it appear that they're "winning."

This particular book flies in the face of that narrative, so I don't see the shameless ghost bumping, hence they're trying to sweep it under the rug.
>>
File: Max Leans In.jpg (98 KB, 420x400) Image search: [Google]
Max Leans In.jpg
98 KB, 420x400
>>84469147
Ah, I see.
I try not to follow online drama and DC lost me back when Ted Kord Committed Suicide. Except for Injustice, that comic is just so dumb in all the best ways sometimes.
>>
>>84467594
>>84467605
actually made me laugh out loud for some reason
>>
The art style and it's random panels with no background for miles is pissing me off. I liked Gotham Academy. I can't even read the words in this because I'm angry as an artist.
>>
>>84470302
This is a complaint I hear a lot.
I don't get it tho, not every panel needs a background.

Like, we've seen where they are, we know what the walls and floor look like.

I know there are artists that meticulously do every panel with background with great detail, but readers will usually not even pay any attention to them unless there's something going on back there.

Like every page where there are panels with colored backgrounds we have a couple big panels establishing their location with detailed backgrounds beforehand. I don't see why the MUST cram in details in the panels where the point is communication with the characters.
>>
Bump to read about something other than Bruce Banner dying.
>>
I'm glad I skipped rereading TMNT. Somehow I knew that you were a colossal faggot
>>
>>84467880
Aw, Maps... She is going to be the best future Robin/Batgirl
>>
>>84471794
Colossal dyke.
>>
>>84471794
Storytime all of Lumberjanes Saturday morning you say?
OUTRAGEOUS idea! Wish I'd thought of it.
>>
>>84470604
>I don't get it tho, not every panel needs a background.
Maybe, but at some points it's just being lazy.
Like the top right panel here >>84467936
The artist couldn't have at least thrown in some log walls? The art clearly doesn't take a lot of time to do.
>>
>>84474255
Maybe they thought a coloured panel would be more visually interesting than a brown wall with squiggly lines.
>>
>>84474282
Come to think of it, if they didn't do colored backgrounds, most of this book would be brown wooden walls every panel.
>>
I'm enjoying it, but the only Lumberjanes character I like especially is the redhead qt. Maybe the blonde too.
>>
File: Fastball Special.png (866 KB, 748x661) Image search: [Google]
Fastball Special.png
866 KB, 748x661
>>84475473
Ripley's my fav. She's just kinda bombastic and her emotions are always on the surface.
Also it's adorable how much she just loves Jen.
>>
>>84467594
Who'd they get for the cover art? It reminds me of the art from Ava's Demon.
>>
>>84467594
LumberJeans? or queer fest?
>>
>>84476031
According to the credit's page:
Mingjue Helen Chen.
She works on Gotham Academy.
>>
>>84467594
That was pretty shit, no idea how any self-respecting person on /co/ could possibly like this.
>>
>>84468672

time means nothing in comics.

Dick Grayson has aged maybe 10 years in 76 years.
>>
>>84476631
This is 4chan, you check your self respect at the front door.
>>
>>84468087
I'm not blown away, but I'm enjoying this well enough. I'm the reverse of you -- I've read the first volume of Lumberjanes (and enjoyed it), but I've been following Gotham Academy and love it.

The character interactions are great, and there are some good chuckles here. But it is a little slow, and I'm really not a big fan of the artwork.

>>84473155
Can you do it Sunday instead? I'd be down to read.

>>84475782
I really just wanted this crossover to be six issues of Maps and Ripley being awesome together. Little disappointing on that front.
>>
>>84478496
Sorry, I wish I could accommodate, but Sunday morning I'll be with bae.
But I can do my best to keep the thread(s) alive until Sunday.
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 52

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.