[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
recommended reading?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5
File: HarleyqLG.jpg (24 KB, 300x375) Image search: [Google]
HarleyqLG.jpg
24 KB, 300x375
I only read a few comics with harley quinn in it and mainly watched her in cartoons and games. Any harley recommendations? My gf read much more of her than me
>>
>>84464466
then ask your gf anon, i'm sure she'll be helpful, being real and all.
>>
File: are you britta.gif (1 MB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
are you britta.gif
1 MB, 500x280
I'd reccomend Harley Quinn: Vengeance Unlimited
Great TPB from her first solo
Her first solo is good in general

Check out her GCS(she isn't in this as much) 2nd solo and minis if you want to read more Harley
Quality takes a hit but yeah a lot of issues to go over and judge for yourself

Finally we have new 52 suicide squad
Decent focus on a more serious Harley not as good as vengeance unlimited but you get some nice moments here and there
>>
File: 1435986319666.jpg (23 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1435986319666.jpg
23 KB, 480x480
are you asking /co/ to recommend you good comics from a character it hates more every day?
>>
>>84464560
Hmmmmm.... sounds interesting. I'm gonna have to find it online.
>>84464528
Kek. True, but I wanna hear other people's opinion too
>>
>>84464597
We haven't hit the point of retroactivity hating her old comics yet but we are nearing it best to take advantage of our continued love for the old stuff while It lasts
>>
>>84464873
>>84464597
I haven't lurked those threads. I mainly lurked the squirrel girl hate threads. Why the harley hate?
>>
>>84465371
Because people hate the new direction they have taken with her.

The thing is they are good comics but bad Harley comics they should have just came up with a new randumb character.

Many on /co/ will say that they would still be shit comics with a difrent character and while they do have there flaws it's mostly just a symptom of the anger over how they fucked Harley.
>>
>>84465676
You're right. The few new ones I've read so far made her into more of a deadpool-esque slut rather than the traditional criminal I was used to. I don't hate her because at least they didn't fuck her over in later cartoons after 90s batman
>>
File: Harley Quinn (2013-) 016-019.jpg (2 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
Harley Quinn (2013-) 016-019.jpg
2 MB, 1988x3056
>>84465676
It's funny, I was listening to the commentary on Harlequinade, the BTAS episode where she teams up with Batman to find Joker before he nukes the city, and Paul Dini himself said something to the affect of "She's great as a supporting character, someone to bounce off of y'know, Joker or Poison Ivy or even Batman... I never really thought she should try supporting her own stories, though, y'know, it seemed like if she went off into her own comic book, the writers would try to make up friends and family who were even wackier than her, y'know?"

Sure enough, that is fucking EXACTLY what I see whenever I peek into nu52 Harley's ongoing. I really don't understand why they felt her IRL fandom should exist in-universe.
>>
>>84466087
The few times anyone seems to have liked the new book is when she hung out with Peegee. Even the people who like Suicide Squad Harley, I don't personally care for that but I can see how giving her a whole team to interact with would be a nice change of pace.

Really, I think DC has the perfect way to have their cake and eat it too: make Harley the recurring half of a new Brave and the Bold. That way she's staying true to her nature as a comedic foil, and you can draw in casuals and give them a tour of the wider DCU.
>>
>>84466087
OP here. The harley gang seems kinda cute. Almost reminds me of the Jokerz
>>
>>84466244
>make Harley the recurring half of a new Brave and the Bold. That way she's staying true to her nature as a comedic foil, and you can draw in casuals and give them a tour of the wider DCU.
Shut up and take my worthless Australian money
>>
>>84466838
Kek
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.