[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that the dust has settled, what are the definitive New 52 titles?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: New52logo1.gif (33 KB, 432x150) Image search: [Google]
New52logo1.gif
33 KB, 432x150
Now that the dust has settled, what are the definitive New 52 titles?
>>
>>84459404

The ones with Rebirth after the title
>>
>>84459404
we are two buttfuckin issues in, how is anyone supposed to know?
>>
>>84459404
Johns' run on Green Lantern was pretty great, as was Morrison's Action Comics.
>>
>>84459404
Batman, John's Aquaman, Azzarello's Wonder Woman.
>>
>>84459404
Definitive is too specific. I'm not sure anything was particularly definitive in the true sense of that word but there were some really good, and some really interesting runs.

>>84459404
>Morrison's Action Comics is probably the closest to definitive, but even though it lasted for three arcs/collected editions, none of the other writers did anything with many of the beats in his run, with a few exceptions, such as using Krypto a little bit in other runs, a little bit of the Kryptonian formal wear being kept for a bit then ignored/lost, etc.

Justice League Dark, where it didn't have to cross over, was good, Dial H gets a lot of high marks, Frankenstein Agents of SHADE was interesting and I suspect most would call it good. I think pretty all the supernatural titles were well done but didn't, for whatever reason, get enough traction to last - albeit some made it to five trades.

Parts of other runs were good, but only in parts.

>>84459640
OP clearly meant the 2011 books on-wards, not the current rebirth books.
>>
>>84459404
Johns' Green Lantern
Johns' Aquaman
>>
>>84459404

What does one mean by "definitive" exactly? The great books? The ones that are synonymous with the overall tone or theme of the relaunch?
>>
>>84459404
>Capullo/Snyder's Batman
>Layman/Fabok 'tec
>Manapul/Buccellato 'tec
>Morrison's Action Comics
>Geoff John's Justice League
>John's Aquaman
>Lemire's Green Arrow
>Robinson's Earth 2

These are some of my picks.
>>
>>84461470
anything johns did in the new 52 would look good compared to the fucking garbage we got directly before it
>>
The iconic one will end up being demon knights.
>>
Morrison's action comics
Multiversity
Omega men
Dial H
Prez
Martian Manhunter
Grayson
>>
File: Bl2pVpsCQAAq9kQ.jpg (96 KB, 578x888) Image search: [Google]
Bl2pVpsCQAAq9kQ.jpg
96 KB, 578x888
Batman
>>
Prez
Azz WW
Morrison Superman
Martian Manhunter
>>
Klarion
Supergirl
Resurrection Man
Bizarro
Bat-Mite
Prez
>>
>>84461529

Swamp Thing
Animal Man
>>
>>84462169
Haven't read those, but heard anything but good about them.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.