[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Fuck you, I liked it.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (115 KB, 300x417) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
115 KB, 300x417
ITT: Fuck you, I liked it.
>>
File: PachaJustRight.jpg (43 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
PachaJustRight.jpg
43 KB, 500x500
>>84456248
>tfw most if not all the original cast came back
>tfw the animation quality was decent
>tfw the songs
>tfw everything in this fucking film.

You're not alone on this OP. You most certainly are not alone.
>>
>>84456248
People don't like it?
>>
>>84456248
Wasn't there a continuity error with Yzma at the end in regards to the spinoff school series?
>>
>>84456248
Why didn't they release an official soundtrack for this film again?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzKgiRUcU5A
>>
This movie got me into Earth Wind & Fire
>>
>>84456459
Yes

In the movie, Yzma has a kitten tail, a side-effect from her transformation at the end of TENG, and Kronk has retired as her lackey. However, in the show, she doesn't have a tail, and Kronk is still working for her.

The school spinoff is explicitly shown to take place after ENG, but its position relative to this one is vague. Some fans choose to ignore one over the other.
>>
>>84456461
I forgot how much I dug that song.
>>
>>84457197
Not to mention the obligatory Eartha Kitt song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7sYaCxpscM

And the fact that they did a disco sequence just for baking bread.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARCcIDsgfE0
>>
>>84457071
I like to consider it as two separate timelines.

One timeline leads into the animated series.

While the other leads into KNG.
>>
>>84457374
But what event causes the split?
>>
>>84457374
That's probably what Disney intended
>>
>>84457071
I remember the show and this movie coming out very close to each other. My guess is that they were both made at the same time by different production teams that either never communicated with each other or were unaware that the other existed or didn't know what they were doing.
>>
Earth Kitt had a sexy as fuck voice and i'm sad she's dead
>>
>>84457457
There would've been a third movie titled Yzma's Old Groove had she not died.
>>
>>84457324
>Hey does this stuff really work?
>Of course it does, you idiot
>OF COURSE IT DOES, YA' IDIOT!
>Awkward pause
>Works for me!
Fucking gets me every time.
>>
>>84457414
>>84457374
Disney tends to half-ass much (if not all) of their spinoff material.

In the Hercules animated series, for example, a young Hercules is shown meeting characters who he's even not supposed to know about until the events of the first movie.
>>
>>84457609
>itchy and scratchy bone xylophone
>>
Damn, I totally forgot that these movies got a spinoff series.
Did anyone actually watch that?
>>
>>84457656
C'mon man. A massive hole is the storyline is much more notable than the pitch of a sound effect.
>>
I guess if we're on the subject of /co/ related films that are surprisingly not that bad, I didn't think the first 2 live action Scooby Doo movies were that bad
>>
>>84457609
Yeah, I know they fucked with the Little Mermaid tv series as well. Sebastian would tag along with Ariel for the entire show which is meant to take place before the movie yet in the movie when Triton asks him to watch Ariel, he gets nervous as if he's never had to do that before.

>>84457661
I've only actually seen a few episodes and that was years ago but I did enjoy what I had seen.
>>
>>84457609
But they explain it away with Lethe water, which was an actual writer's loophole used for the same kind of shit in Greek and Roman myths and plays.
>>
>>84456248
Cooking was a metaphor for sex wasn't it?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARCcIDsgfE0
>>84456459
>School series
I didn't like that show too much. Kuzco's character was reset and he became an asshole again.
>>
>>84457486
Now I'm going to be depressed for several weeks.
>>
>>84457814
In case you feel like making your depression worse.

They were going to finally use Snuff Out the Light.
>>
>>84457799
I don't get why people think the TV show ignores Kuzco learning his lesson

In the TV series, Kuzco is still selfish, sure, but he's not as ruthless and cruel as he was in the movie. He's mellowed out a lot, and will do the right thing in the end.
>>
File: WhyGodWhy.jpg (18 KB, 284x339) Image search: [Google]
WhyGodWhy.jpg
18 KB, 284x339
>>84457486
>>84457868
>tfw we'll never see this happen
>>
>>84457887
In the movie, Kuzco has
>Threatened to destroy an entire village just so he can build a summer resort that only he is allowed in
>Took complete advantage of Pacha and lied to him about not destroying the village
>Almost walked away when Pacha got tangled in the collapsing bridge
>Had an old man tossed out a window just for standing there

I don't think Kuzco was THAT much of an asshole in the show.
>>
>>84456248
There was a sequel? Emperor's New Groove is the one Disney movie that never fails to make me laugh. Should i watch this?
>>
File: 1464977572320.jpg (9 KB, 240x200) Image search: [Google]
1464977572320.jpg
9 KB, 240x200
>>84458599
By all means. Go right ahead. It's one of those rare Disney Sequels that are just as good as the original films.
>>
>The school spinoff is explicitly shown to take place after ENG

Why exactly didn't they make the series a prequel, again?
>>
File: tumblr_mfhz7jDMIs1r2emz8o6_1280.png (140 KB, 634x334) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mfhz7jDMIs1r2emz8o6_1280.png
140 KB, 634x334
bumping with broccoli
>>
>>84458041
>I don't think Kuzco was THAT much of an asshole in the show.
Only because he didn't have access to royal power and wealth
he would have fucked over anyone and everyone to get his way
>>
I don't remember much of this film but the one thing that stood out was Yzma. I fucking love Ertha Kit's performance.
>>
>>84456248

I thought it was better than the original movie desu

I also liked the school TV series
>>
>>84456248
It was good...wish Disney wasn't on that 70's groove shit at the time for their straight to home video movies, but it was still good.
>>
I loved this movie, I don't care what you say about it. Strange Magic was good.
>>
>>84457071

Disney shows do this.

Like at the end of Aladdin, he and Jasmine are getting married and he's in prince clothes, but during the entire series, they aren't married and he continues dressing like a homeless person.
>>
>>84464360
I never got around to seeing this is it really worth watching?
>>
>>84464360
I found it charming in its off-beat-ness, and the title musical number was great. Stuff around it was so-so, but overall I liked it.
>>
>>84464743
The Aladdin series was so fucking good I'm willing to overlook it

Actually, I'd say the series was better than the movie.
>>
>>84464743
I just headcanon that as them actually getting married at the end of the first movie as a future scene. Don't forget the third movie actually had their wedding
>>
>>84464743
>The ending to the first movie was just them going on a date. You never see them make wedding vows or anything like that. They decided off screen to take their time getting to properly know each other before actually being wed
>Aladdin's homeless clothes are more comfortable to wear out in the desert heat and while fighting villains than his prince outfit
>>
>>84457405
One timeline had him listen to the angel on his shoulder, the other had him listen to the devil for some life altering decision.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.