[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
War Machine's Shoulder Gun
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (161 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
161 KB, 768x1024
Do they ever explain how Rhodey controls it?
>>
>>84456129
Probably tracks with his eyes like the gun turrets on some attack helicopters.
>>
>>84456129

>have targeting computer
>set it to auto-target
>let it fire at tangos while you blast everyone else

or

>have targeting computer
>lock-on to threats
>turret fires on them
>>
>>84456129
I miss this look
>>
>>84456205

Hands down his best MCU armour.

They missed the entire fucking point of War Machine when they started slimming his armour down like Iron Man's instead of going the over direction and bulking it up.
>>
what's the point in introducing this character and having him appear on screen if you can't even let him go full war machine and destroy a bunch of shit? he doesn't do anything iron man can't already do except use a portable sound gun that he ripped off from bvs

even in age of ultron he sucked. iron man 2 was cool but only for about 1 minute of mayhem thanks to non-organic cannon fodder drones. I understand you can't have gore and blood everywhere but controlled gasoline movie explosions get so dull
>>
>>84456274
This. It seems like both him and Stark had their armors slimmed down since the MK III, which only makes sense for Stark.

After seeing Rhodey shoot up that trailer in Gi-ant Man's hand, I kinda wish there was a standalone War Machine movie. Like some Michael Bay-directed nonsense. Might not sell well, but it'd be sweet to see War Machine actually be War Machine instead of "Iron Man with less lasers"
>>
>>84456274
he's AF, their new hardware tends to be smaller than their old equivalent role filler, because peak oil was like 40 years ago so jet fuel is fuckin expensive (like it was during the oil crisis, in fact)

people buying it up to experiment on steel beams isn't helping either

>>84456156
>>84456177
you guys can't expect OP to believe that a science which is two hundred years old and which has been researched with computers for almost a fifth of that same period somehow managed to produce more than adequate eye tracking software over a decade ago

that's insane
>>
>>84456399
Rhodey was in AoU?
>>
>>84456129
Like so
https://youtu.be/9kBMscW_dVg?t=415
>>
>>84456399
>a portable sound gun that he ripped off from bvs

you mean the technology the US military was prepared to use against the Hulk in 2008 movie The Incredible Hulk? or the weapon Obiwan Stane uses to incap Stark in 2008 movie Iron Man, who built the War Machine/Iron Patriot armor?

or do you mean the actual sonic weapons they've developed in reality over the years which are the inspiration for these fictional creations, like the LRAD, in common use by civilian shipping as an anti-pirate measure, which doesn't actually work?
>>
>>84456531
he's flying around at the end isn't he

while Quickslav is getting bullet timed
>>
>>84456466

He should at least have a short about him OPERATAN. War Machine flying into Afghanistan and wrecking some terrorist cell's shit then taking pictures with soldiers would be sweet.
>>
>>84456599
Yeah, he shows up as backup during the big Sokovia fight. He was also present out of armor during the party scene at the beginning.
>>
>>84456466
Makes sense for Rhodey too, since Stark's building his armors now.
>>
I don't remember them explaining it.

Webm possibly related.

>>84456274
There was that one black and white comic that some anon posted that explains the war machine design should be like. They don't have Iron Man on hand to do super science on it all the time. Shit like ammo and replacement parts should be things you can resupply on any airforce carrier, when possible rather than ultra high tech wunderweapons.

>>84456624
I like your idea, but I'd like to see more full congressional declaration of war open combat. Taking out mortar positions in Syria by grabbing a mortar mid air and throwing it back, following some Somali pirates back to harbor, and wrecking their fuel, ammo, dock, and birthday parties, taking ha half dozen predator drones and blowing up an opium transport hub, while not touching the preschool next door in Afghanistan, and of course, close ground support wrecking some techincals, and stopping for a selfie with the guys in the trench before heading back to base.
>>
Whatever happened to Rhodes' bio armor?
>>
>>84456926
>that one black and white comic

I seriously hope you're not trying to drag US War Machine into this

I will cut you, fucker

>>84457084
it dies in issue #25 of that series
>>
File: transistors, apparently.jpg (100 KB, 800x418) Image search: [Google]
transistors, apparently.jpg
100 KB, 800x418
>>84456499
>you guys can't expect OP to believe that a science which is two hundred years old and which has been researched with computers for almost a fifth of that same period somehow managed to produce more than adequate eye tracking software over a decade ago

>that's insane

No, that's not insane. That's just part-and-parcel of superhero fiction. Remember when Iron Man could pull off completely impossible shit with his armor (such as doing anything at all during the '60s) through the magic of transistors?
>>
>>84456129
Whit his mind
>>
File: 684022-warmachine1.jpg (484 KB, 1473x1920) Image search: [Google]
684022-warmachine1.jpg
484 KB, 1473x1920
>>84456466

The next step would be Rhodey gaining his stride back with an armor that functioned as an exo-skeleton. Only to be torn to shreds, forcing Tony to make him into a full cyborg while their Korean friend grows him a new body from that shiny new cradle of hers. Meanwhile, Rhodey still kicks ass as a badass cyborg War Machine.
>>
File: The_Predator[1].jpg (33 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
The_Predator[1].jpg
33 KB, 350x350
How do Predators do it
>>
Fanon explanations: Eye tracking, possible neural interface, Suit AI

Reality: it's his superpower and it just works. The amount of coordination and voice commands Stark or Rhodey would need to control their suits with the speed and finesse that they do on screen is just simply impossible without handwavium superscience magic.
>>
>>84456129
Iron man targeted multiple people on his first time out with his suit with his shoulder mounted guns, his missiles locked onto multiple chitauri in new york as he flew up toward the portal.
How is controlling that minigun even more complicated than that?
>>
>>84459924
I assumed the computer was just supposedly smart enough to identify threats for him
>>
>>84457084

He uploaded it into the Stark-Fujikawa computers to ensure they would not get hold of Tony's armor designs.

It was a six-page story with one page misprinting dialogue from an earlier one.

I was kind of upset about that.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.