[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we have a "The Batman" thread?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6
File: batman0128.jpg (153 KB, 640x346) Image search: [Google]
batman0128.jpg
153 KB, 640x346
Can we have a "The Batman" thread?
>>
>>84452802
Alright.
I liked it but I didn't like Jokers design.
>that awesome intro song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rgKDtueytA
>>
>>84453016
>pothead Joker
>not awesome

And as a bonus, It teaches kids that pot is evil.
>>
>>84452802
can we have a your mom thread instead?
>>
File: batman's mom.jpg (112 KB, 975x492) Image search: [Google]
batman's mom.jpg
112 KB, 975x492
>>84453128
>>
>>84453171
Is that from Morrison's run?
>>
>>84453103
I like rasta Jokers personality, but I don't like rasta Jokers design.
>>
>>84452802
I liked "Beware the Batman" better overall, sorry OP.

Noticed a similar artsyle between the shows though. But peoples dislike for BTB is usually
> Don't like CGI
> No well known rogues

Shame people wouldn't give it a chance. The Batman had some great interpretaions thrown in as well but I don't think it stands up to BTAS, BB and BTBATB as well.
>>
>>84453311
>Shame people wouldn't give it a chance.

It got cancelled really early. If it had lasted a few more seasons, more people would have had a chance to see it.
>>
>>84453311
>>84453609
I didn't hate it, but the characters were just eh.
>>
>>84453891
It might have worked better if they had used more recognizable villains.
>>
>>84453311
It focused too much on Alfred's niece and not batman. So I didn't care for it.
>>
>>84452802
The show was okay at best until Robin showed up, then it was good
>>
>>84456046

I liked that Batgirl was Batman's sidekick before Robin. When Robin showed up, Detective Yin and Batgirl pretty much disappeared from the show.
>>
>>84452802
Battie Chan Adventures wasn't that great. It was shit.
>>
>>84453016
I remember this one more.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tGbWyTK8T8
>>
>>84452802
+top notch action
+creative changes that work well to help the tone of the show
+great designs, aside from the joker
+the joker is pretty damn funny
+consistent quality overall, no episodes are really bad

-joker's rough to soft voice becomes annoying
-piss poor chin for batman
-few episodes really stand out in quality, no episodes are really great
>>
>>84456217
Yin disappeared when Batgirl showed up
>>
>>84455547
That was Katana, baka, not his neice.
>>
Where the show excels is with art direction while also showcasing various Bat villains in new ways. However this wasnt always a good thing as seen with Mister Freeze and arguably Killer Croc. Personally I think the show took a minor dip in quality around the time other Justice League members started showing up. And you got to admit the Dracula special was on point
>>
>>84456527
Ron Perlman did a good job as Croc's voice actor and he seemed to be having fun with the Cajun accent.
>>
>>84453193
All-Star Batman, it was a very well written prequel to the Dark Knight Returns that perfectly captured Batman's moral compass.
>>
STRAY BAT

you will thank me later
>>
>>84452802
I was a major TASfag during my childhood/teen years so I had trouble accepting the look and feel of this show. Later on I decided to give the first season a chance and it's actually not half-bad; even some of the weirder character designs (Bane) grew on me after a while.

However I will absolutely stand by my opinion that casting Kevin Michael Richardson as the Joker is one of the worst fits imaginable.
>>
I tried watching it on netflix, but I couldn't help but find it boring.
>>
>>84457023
seasons 1 and 2 are very mediocre
the best part was the intro sequence, not even kidding
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwhF4pWBf6c

season 4 though was brilliant and i highly recommend at least watch that

TB was notable because the main villain of the show was Strange
>>
It took three seasons to get good. Then it became a Justice League like show.

Then it was over. Season 3/4 was fun. I hated it when it aired due to the Bat Embargo.
>>
If nothing else, it gave us Loli Ivy.
>>
Is that the cartoon where Bruce Wayne looks like he legit had down syndrome
>>
File: Barbra.jpg (21 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Barbra.jpg
21 KB, 640x480
>>
File: Barbra02.jpg (22 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
Barbra02.jpg
22 KB, 640x480
>>
>>84458069
he looks like damn jackie chan
>>
>>84458260
And the fact that their was no Jade look alike was the real problem.
>>
>>84452802
Liked the way they drew Batman. They used Alfred more than I expected (but I've never bothered watching BTAS). Batgirl was more annoying than not, but her connection to Ivy was a good origin idea. Liked the Wayne Manor as a home in a urban area, versus some castle-type place way out in the boonies, with the Batgear in various warehousey places in Gotham, at his call. Catwoman was interesting.

CONS: where do the villains get all their toys? It was very toy heavy for gadgets and gizmos. For example, Penguin with his Batgadeget type umbrella and it's chain that seemed to be the perfect length for whatever the writer needed for that one scene, plus no one that short and dumpy could move that way in any kind of live action portrayal. Main problem was the villains and how the acted.

Did like that the Batman didn't always win because Batgod is always prepared and right, etc.
>>
>>84452802
Can we instead have a "Beware the Batman" thread?
>>
>>84455547
In the first arc of the season, yes. The second arc was more focused on Batman.
>>
File: 1393374306450.gif (737 KB, 245x245) Image search: [Google]
1393374306450.gif
737 KB, 245x245
>>84457663
>19 year old
>loli
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.