[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Miles Morales
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 1
File: MilesMorales.png (373 KB, 386x540) Image search: [Google]
MilesMorales.png
373 KB, 386x540
Does anyone here actually like Miles? While I'll admit the shilling is annoying, the current Spider-man run is one of the few things Bendis has written that I can tolerate.
>>
>>84449581
They're playing it too safe with him

Send him to another state
The east coast has too many heroes and villains
Establish the south or the west
>>
>>84449581
Miles have had better treatment in an Avengers team than Peter ever had. That's enough to me.
>>
JUST TELL ME HOW TO PRONOUNCE HIS LAST NAME

I say "morr-all-iz" kind of like how I say "molasses".
>>
>>84449581
I never hated him. Hes just boring
>>
>>84449708
I'd agree with that in the main Spider-man series, but in the series he's guested in he always seemed plenty interesting to me. I think that's more of a Bendis fault than a character fault.
>>
>>84449769
So this. Bendis likes to write Miles, but he doesn't like to write about a Spider-man.
>>
>>84449664
>Send the nigger to the South
Kek, Death of Spiderman 2?
>>
>>84449705

more-al-les
>>
>>84449581

Nope. I can think of tons of cooler black characters at Marvel that are better.
>>
hes ok outside of his own book and dogshit while hes being bendised

his venom blast bullshit needs to go and stay go
>>
>>84450548
A lot of the arcs in Miles' Ultimate Spiderman wasn't bad, anon. Now you're just trying to be a memester.
>>
>>84452174
>Great
Ultimate Comics Spider-Man #6-10, #16.1, #23-28, Annual

>Good
UCSM #1-5, #19-22

>Okay
Spider-Man (so far), Miles Morales #1-5

>Bad
Everything else.

Over all pretty average track record for a character I'd say.
I'd love for another writer to take the reigns.
>>
>>84449581
Like him in ultimate, despise him in 616
>>
>>84449581
I think his character is cheapened by the fact that he shares a universe with parker, i wish he just replaced parker entirely and had the exact same powers, no invisibilty and venom blast
>>
Is Childish Gambino playing Miles Morales or are they pointlessly blackwashing Peter Parker?
>>
>>84449581
I have yet to read a story about him that could be called "timeless" and do not expect one any time soon as long as Bendis keeps writing him

Also he needs his own fucking rouges gallery.
>>
>>84450121

This. Alot of folks tend to forget he's not 100% nigger. He's half beaner.
>>
This girl I know loves him cause he's cute.
>>
>>84449581
The art in his current series is amazing. I wanted to make a whole thread just for the art

>You will never be a cute grill that draws good art for a shitty Marvel book.
>>
>>84449581
He's (his book) better than he used to be. I still don't think he's good enough to be interesting. And I'm thinking the Avengers is just a good book because Kamala and Vision are the only ones I like outside of the book.
>>
The problem with him is that he was a nice character before he moved to the main universe
he was nervous and scared and slowly started to get a little more brave, and that was thanks to friends. Who now is either 8 years older thAn him and roll with peter or is straight out dead with his old universe. We have bombshell but bendis only showed herself so people know she's not dead.

the new miles is just.. idk who I really is I feel like I build his personality only outside his own comic because right now during his 1-5 issue he's in a awkward situation clearly upset with ganke and getting stopped by bendis himself to answer social issues. I wouldn't have a problem with it if it was spider-man #35 but this the new miles we talking about. without experience with cloak and dagger or his dead mother. fuck it's not the same character give him fucking time to establish who he really is.
>>
>>84449581
he's not a character
he's a token
>>
>>84455448
He needs massive changes. If he's going to be Spider-Man, they need to ditch the venom blast and pointless invisbility. He needs out of New York City, fuck he honestly needs out of the 616 in general.

Knowing how Marvel/comics are it's only a matter of time until the Ultimate universe comes back and then he can go back there but as is he's a shitty non-character.
>>
>>84449581
No.

Miles is completely unnecessary and just one more opportunity for Bendis to race replace a white hero (which he will do at some point). Compared to the real Spider-Man, he's awful. His origin is a rip-off. He's overpowered. Who even knows what his backstory is anymore in 616. And everything that Peter had (New York, rogues gallery, street level hero, girls, school, etc) was grafted onto Miles so that people wouldn't notice he sucks as a character.

Once his sales inevitably get low enough in a year or so, kill him off already.
>>
>>84458174
Every superhero is a rip off of other heroes though. The school, girls, street level, New York, shit was grafted on to Miles because we don't have that from Peter any more.
>>
he's boring and only has been written by Bendis, Hickman, Waid and Fiffe right?
>>
>>84458174
>completely unnecessary
What the fuck does this even mean? What is a necessary character?
>>
Problem with Miles is he doesn't make sense in the 616 with a living, breathing Peter Parker around.
>>
>>84460587
It means 'I don't like them', but it helps pseudo-intellectuals pretend that their opinion is objective.
>>
I'm deeply pissed because everything Bendis did right doesn't matter cause Ultimate is all dead. Miles seems emotionless in his main book
>>
>>84460635
>Problem with Miles is he doesn't make sense in the 616 with a living, breathing Peter Parker around.

The biggest problem is that all the problems that made Miles unique have all been thrown out the wayside from all new all different.

>mom died because of venom
She alive again

>Dad hates you becaue you a masked Vigilante and got your mom killed because of it.
His dad has his back now( granted I stopped reading ult. Spider-man after that so forgive me if I wrong)

The only thing you have left is prowler's death is on his hands. But that rarely comes up seeing how Miles still used his venom blasts.
>>
>>84449581
He's literally Peter Parker but black
>>
>>84460587
They clearly mean there's no reason for him to exist when he's a copy paste of Spider-man while Peter is still running around.

No character is necessary though, but does anyone need 15 copies of Iron Man, or 12 Captain America's, no it's unnecessary.
>>
>>84461072
Miles and Peter are different personality wise though. And they are generally presented with different struggles.
>>
>>84449581
This is justified another Peter Parker. It's the exactly same character minus the sciences part.
>>
>>84462259
Fuck off
>>
>>84462275
Really? Tell me of their similarities.
>>
>>84462307
>le awkward teenager
>lol I'm quippy when I put the mask
>I lost a family member and I feel guilty
>I'm at good and a smart kid

You take 90% of the pages he's in, you put Peter Parker in his place there would be no difference
>>
>>84449581
For a character no one here likes, you guys sure love to talk about him.
>>
>>84462388
-Miles is awkward at times when he's in costume. Outside of it he is not. But it has become a lot rarer that you see it. He plays it cool most of the time. Especially when he's outside of the costume. If he was truly awkward he wouldn't be able to get girls the way he does. Miles got his first girlfriend when he was 13 after all.
-Miles' quips are different. There more sardonically condescending and biting in their nature.
-Miles doesn't feel guilty at all about his uncles death. At this point Miles' really doesn't show that guilt effects him much at all. Thus far he's killed his uncle and the green goblin.
-Miles isn't entirely good though. Miles' shows no sympathy whatsoever to his villains. If they were dying or in a perilous situation he would ignore them. And just watch them suffer.
>>
>>84460869
Isn't Prowler alive in 616-8 and acting as fake-spidey
>>
>>84462551
yup. and he's getting a new solo book next season
>>
I'm reading his current run and it's okay so far.

His interaction with Kamala is cute. His grandma is a beeyatch.
>>
>>84449581
>the current Spider-man run is one of the few things Bendis has written that I can tolerate.
You mean the onw where he beats Blackheart with a venom blast and a mailbox after Blackheart beat the avengers + more without taking a scratch?
>>
>>84460926
Except Peter is shit and unlikable by now.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.