[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Unpopular Opinion Thread? >Spongebob seasons 1-3 is one of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 217
Thread images: 24
File: UnpopularOpinion.jpg (33 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
UnpopularOpinion.jpg
33 KB, 500x500
Unpopular Opinion Thread?

>Spongebob seasons 1-3 is one of the best shows to ever be made

>Loonatics Unleashed was a great Show

>MrEnter is a good cartoon reviewer

>MLP is genuinely a great show and arguably one of the best of the decade
>>
>>84443106
>>Spongebob seasons 1-3 is one of the best shows to ever be made
How is this unpopular?
>>
>>84443153
Well, if you continue reading OP, then you'll see that he's just dumb, not controversial.
>>
Bugs Bunny is a pretty funny guy sometimes.
>>
>>84443153
I thought a lot of people on /co/ hated spongebob and said that the show was bad even in season 1.
>>
File: 1468253100277.gif (179 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1468253100277.gif
179 KB, 500x375
>>84443106
OP just want to talk about MLP because he put it on the last 10 threads that he made.

What a faggot, this isn't /mlp/.
>>
>>84443277
Is it an unpopular opinion to say that the anti-bronies are more annoying than the bronies on /co/?

Camp Lazlo was a better version of Spongebob.
>>
I hate power girl and Supergirl or woman or whatever the fuck she's called
>>
I like the recent mighty thor series
>>
>>84443106

1) Yes, a lot of people believe this.

2) HA

3) He's not too bad

4) It could be, I haven't watched it.

Here we go

>Star Vs and Adventure Time are 2deep4u trash

>Regular Show, Steven Universe, Clarence, and Gumball are the only worthwhile things on Cartoon Network anymore.

>Spongebob has always been generally enjoyable

>Pixar has still got it, Finding Dory was their best film since Up

>Teen Titans Go, Uncle Grandpa, Mr. Pickles, and Pickle and Peanut are all really funny enjoyable shows. They may he weird but they are the show's technically saving Western animation due to their creativity and weird situations.

>Sausage Party might be alright

>Comics are dumb, and superheroes are pretty lame. What's the point of comics? If I want to read I want to make up the pictures in my head and if I want to see pictures I watch movies and TV. Additionally all of them have been taken over by retarded writers full of SJW opinions.

>Wreck It Ralph and Zootopia are arguably the best things WDAS have ever produced. Go Rich Moore!

>I'm hyped for Cars 3

>The Loud House is pure schlock. It's a mediocre bland cartoon that you guys only watch for the girls. I hate the shit.

I'm sure there's more but whatever.
>>
I don't think that anything getting hate-based Daily Dose threads actually deserves the hate, let alone the time and energy spent on the threads.

I would barely remember that Willis and Jacques exist if /co/ didn't make daily threads dedicated to them.

I don't mind the art in Squirrel Girl. I've enjoyed comics before whose art was more off-putting than that. I just don't read it because I have no interest in the writing.

I don't care that Mark Millar is devoting himself to movie adaptations. He's still helping his co-creators reach new levels of exposure and make enough money to keep comics as a full-time career, and he's treating them fairly every step of the way. Also his edgy phase is over, but people here act like his edginess is all-pervasive and eternal.

I think Alan Moore comes off as friendly and affable in person and on camera, so folks should get a clue instead of only reading his textual interviews and insisting that he's perpetually bitter and grouchy.

I like Ales Kot. I don't mind that he's pretentious, and I applaud him for being ambitious. Even when he tries to make a masterpiece but fails and makes a piece of crap, I find his failure endearing, like the down-on-his-luck underdog in a movie who can't catch a break.

I'm fine with Kate Leth. I don't read anything she does, but she never offended me either. It's astonishing, the amount of hate I see heaped on her for, say, trying and dropping Batman. At least she tried.

I think that Bendisspeak hasn't been funny in years. Additionally, many of you would be surprised how easy it is to simply drop his comics instead of obsessing over how he's RUINED EVERYTHING FOREVER this week.

Here on 4chan, the right is worse than the left. I might feel differently if I was on some other website, but I'm here, and that's how it is. The radical right already won here, it's the supermajority, and it's just petty to see daily threads attacking the left as if "SJW" "invasions" even stood a chance.

Character limit.
>>
>>84443382

>Camp Lazlo was a better version of Spongebob.

HAHAHAHAHAHA
no
>>
File: >it's a "both kinds" episode.jpg (291 KB, 1000x1124) Image search: [Google]
>it's a "both kinds" episode.jpg
291 KB, 1000x1124
>>84443452
>Comics are dumb, and superheroes are pretty lame. What's the point of comics? If I want to read I want to make up the pictures in my head and if I want to see pictures I watch movies and TV. Additionally all of them have been taken over by retarded writers full of SJW opinions.
>>
There's nothing wrong with watching shows for children, but sexualizing all the characters and making them waifus and shit is
>>
Super-hero comics are extremely stupid and I'm ashamed that I was a fan.

Marvel and DC are basically jewish-Zionist propaganda.

Manga is superior to Jewmerican comics in everyway.
>>
I'd rather be a SJW than a /pol/ack
>>
>>84443106
>Spongebob S1 is boring and unfunny. I just cannot bring myself to like it.

>Simpsons has always been meh. It, like many other cartoons, got by primarily because it was edgy for the time

>Super hero shows, whether they be IRL or cartoons, are painfully and unbearably boring. Even the "greats" like Batman Animated are far less entertaining than even your most basic cartoon

>Most Newgrounds artists and animators are lazy, uninspired hacks. Tom Fulp is also a bitch

>Shadman is a very good artist regardless if you like his style

>Family Guy was probably the best animated show from it's return to about 2008-2009. Pre-cancellation FG was terrible

>French cartoons are funniest cartoons

>Tumblr>/pol/. Most of Tumblr is pretty chill and doesn't ruin entire conversations and debates by shouting buzzwords. Also the whole SJW/feminism thing is nowhere near the size that spergs and other Red Pill faggots say it is. But boy-howdy those clickbait videos on YouTube can rake in the views on an already established audience obsessed with shit they literally never see outside of the Internet most of their lives

>/co/ is 1 of the best boards and is in the top 5. I love all of you faggots
>>
File: lucifer.jpg (58 KB, 493x780) Image search: [Google]
lucifer.jpg
58 KB, 493x780
>>84443452
>>Comics are dumb, and superheroes are pretty lame. What's the point of comics? If I want to read I want to make up the pictures in my head and if I want to see pictures I watch movies and TV. Additionally all of them have been taken over by retarded writers full of SJW opinions.
>All comics are capes
>One visual medium is good but another is irredeemable dumb shit because I say so
>Also le SJW meme

This is one of the worst posts I've ever seen good lord
>>
>>84443452
I agree with everything you said except the bit about TTGO and Mr. Pickles. Good on you for being able to enjoy them, but I cannot bring myself to sit through more than 10 minutes
>>
>>84443459
Why you copy and pasted from the.other thread?
>>
The Killing Joke movie looks shitty and the comic was never that great to begin with.

Overwatch has a better cast of heroes than most of the books Marvel is putting out.

Transformers Prime is the best Transformers show of all time including all the Japanese shit.

Voltron was better than both Avatar shows.

One-Punch Man is the best superhero book currently running.

DCW > DCAU.
>>
>>84443588
Spotted the comics fan. Did I offend you friendo? I never implied comics were just capes I just don't enjoy them. I never said it was irredeemably bad shit either. You're over exaggerating bud. Calm down.
>>
File: confused samus.png (59 KB, 580x356) Image search: [Google]
confused samus.png
59 KB, 580x356
>>84443452
>>>Regular Show, Steven Universe, Clarence, and Gumball are the only worthwhile things on Cartoon Network anymore.
>>Teen Titans Go, Uncle Grandpa, Mr. Pickles, are all really funny enjoyable shows
>>
>>84443666
Oops, I forgot those first three were actually on CN.
>>
>>84443655
>I never implied comics were just capes
You said that "all of them" have been taken over, but only Marvel and DC have been taken over, so I guess you think that Marvel and DC are "all of them".

Fuck off, you don't get to claim some sort of high ground, because you objectively come off as a total idiot.
>>
Morrison is so stupidly overrated his fans are no different than religious shitheads.

>This is the best story ever
>No I didn't understand it at all but it was so well written

People say this unironically and its seen as a real "opinion" to have in comicbooks.
>>
>>84443627
None of them stopped being true.
>>
>>84443727
Most of them.You are getting wayyyyy to pissed off about this though. I don't feel like complaining for two hours about shit I couldn't give two fucks about. Settle down and move on.
>>
>>84443106

>MLP is genuinely a great show and arguably one of the best of the decade

This just tells us you're autistic
>>
>>84443826
>Most of them
Wrong again. Marvel and DC are most of the comics that get sold, but they are not most of the comics that are available.

You're over exaggerating, and like >>84443655 said, that's bad. But I guess it's only bad when other people do it, and it's just fine when you do it, you special snowflake you.

If you had any sense of decency then you would admit that you were wrong and apologize, but instead you're doubling down and defending yourself. Why don't YOU move on?
>>
@84443106
You made this yesterday but the image was different
No (You)s for you
>>
>>84443235
Well that is just like, their opinion man.
>>
>>84443899
>@84443106
>>
>>84443106
>Sanjay and Craig isn't that bad of a show
>Barney and Friends is a blight on humanity and its 2017 revival might cause the end of human existence because its fans are that retarded
>>
File: 1346462323712.png (349 KB, 378x375) Image search: [Google]
1346462323712.png
349 KB, 378x375
>>84443899
Fucking hell, nigger.
>>
>TTGO is a funny show

If you all just get your head out of your asses and watch the show as a kid's cartoon and not like a cartoon with progression like the old TT, you'd see it's pretty damn funny.
>>
>>84443580
I agree with most of these expect /co/ is the best board This board is awful and you know it.

Okay, let's do this.

Steven Universe might be the greatest show to ever exist, but I'll never know because the protag is a annoying little fatboi and the stigma it's fan leave behind.

I think Amazing World of Gumball is the best to air on CN in at least 10 years

I prefer Canadian cartoons to American ones.

I've never really liked comics. The only comics I've ever bothered to read were webcomics, Footrot Flats and newspaper comics.

I still miss The Hunger Games. When they got moved to /rubbish/ was the peak of /co/ to me.
>>
>>84443873
Jesus Christ dude, I don't give a fuck. Lmao, why are you so mad.

>apologize

Lol, why should I? Cause I hurt your feelings? Also how does that make me indecent? If anything you're the very special autistic snowflake for escalating this to where it is. Do us all a favor and stop posting. You should apologize to me if anything. Fucking scum. All this rage over one comment. Enjoy your picture books.
>>
>>84443644
DCW?
>>
>>84443985
>I don't give a fuck
You're still participating in this conversation. If you really didn't give a fuck then you wouldn't reply to this post.

You should apologize for your rude behavior, lashing out and attacking people, even though you were the one who posted false information. Which you still won't acknowledge as false because your sense of pride won't let you.
>>
>Gumball, Regular Show, Adventure Time, and Steven Universe are amazing shows and is bringing back the great Cartoon Network Name

>Although I love SU, it feels like it encourages SJWs.
>>
>>84443989
The dc shows running on the cw network. Flash, Arrow, Legends of Tomorrow and Supergirl.
>>
>>84443984
How does hunger games surpass old community premeire streams and a plethora of varied storytimes? Shit I remember when I could look at the catalogue and half of the threads werent "cinematic universe" or "polack v sjws marvel" meme.

This boards been dead since the avengers came out and it's just been necrophying since
>>
>>84443985
Hello tumblr.
>>
>>84444038
I did acknowledge it as wrong. I said "most of them". I WAS over exaggerating as well. You're still a fucking pansy who can't deal with my opinion though.

>If you didn't care you wouldn't reply

True, but you seem hurt. I'm concerned about you.

I'm also confused that you say I offended multiple people. I only offended you. I don't have to apologize for shit.
>>
>>84444139
>I did acknowledge it as wrong. I said "most of them".
"Most of them" is still wrong, you still are over exaggerating (present tense). Marvel and DC are less than half of all comics available. But I guess you have to clutch on to something because it would hurt your pride too much to acknowledge that you were entirely wrong.
>>
>>84444090
No wonder that opinion is unpopular. It's fucking disgusting.
>>
>>84444194
That's my opinion though. I never said it was fact. Most of them I've read are just SJW and capeshit and I stopped reading them. I never stated it like it was pure fact. It's a joke thread anon, holy shit. It's usually over exaggerated.
>>
I think cape feare is the most overrated simpsons episode ever
>>
>>84444288
How is it an opinion? "Most of" is a statement of quantity, an observable objective fact. And you can easily see that you're wrong by checking out ComicList or other websites that offer similar services.

>It's usually over exaggerated.
Yes, I know, you're a hypocrite. I'm not >>84443588, but I did join this conversation after I saw you hypocritically attack them for over exaggeration. Again, I guess it's only okay when you do it, is that right?
>>
>>84444097

Nice meme

>>84443899
Go home newfag

>>84444070
Agreed
>>
>>84444090
It's pretty early to call Supergirl great, and Arrow has been a piece of shit. I've never watched Legends but I do agree with your previous statement when it comes to The Flash. That show's dope!
>>
>>84444349

All I did was make fun of the guy a bit for getting upset over it. In the end of the day I'm just one more guy with a shitty opinion. An idiot who doesn't know everything about something he doesn't even fucking like I guess or some shit like that. I don't even know anymore Jesus Christ. I'm over it.
>>
>>84444535
You're an idiot today but you don't HAVE to be an idiot if you don't want to.

How this conversation went:
>(You): Comics are like X.
>(Them): What? No they're not.
>(You): Awww, did I hurt your feelings? Calm down, you're over exaggerating, friendo!

How it could have gone instead:
>(You): Comics are like X.
>(Them): What? No they're not.
>(You): Yeah, you're right, I was just over exaggerating for comedic effect.
>(Them): Alright, no problem, cheers mate!
Much better, right?

>I'm over it.
I hope so. Good luck next time.
>>
>>84443946
What is this 2017 revival?
>>
>>84444510
The Flash is unwatchable garbage. I don't understand how low your standards have to be to even find that dull shit good in any way.
>>
>>84443106
Comic fans are too happy to suck writer cock and it's made the medium boring as hell.
>>
>>84443985
Could you be anymore of a /v/ermin dudebro faggot?
>>
>>84444736
Every single one of those shows is unwatchable. I think they have legitimately shit taste, or they're desperate.
>>
>>84444753
>dudebro
Fuck off Tats.
>>
>>84444717
Pic related
>>
>>84444787
I agree. It's just no one treats bad shows like Arrow or LoT as if they're something good unlike Flash.
Speaking of a shit show everyone seems to like, Jessica Jones is awful and no, its shitty main villain is not a saving grace. If anything he's one of the worst parts about the show.
>>
>>84444753
>dudebro

Nah. I was a little over the top though. I just get pissed off when people get offended so easily. Like it's one comment on a shit board for shit's sake lmao.
>>
>>84444814
Why do people on /co/ hate barney so much?
>>
>>84444872
It's one autist.
>>
>>84444870
All your responses look pretty offended and overly defensive IMO.
>>
>>84443106
>>>/mlp/
>>
Adventure Time is on par with Venture Bros and PPG (original) as the best cartoon of all time. It's experimental and thought provoking with messages that go over a ton of people's heads. The characters are also incredibly well developed and realistic.
>>
>>84444787
>>84444736
Lol samefag
>>
I like everything that Anita Sarkisian says

The new Ghostbusters is going to be great

I'm okay with feminist analysis

Laci Green is great

I like the nuPPG for its feminist overtone and the memes (and the girls are fuckable this time)

The new season of MLP is spectacular. I wanna talk about it so much

AND WHY IS EVERYONE STILL ON 4CHAN!??!? IT'S TERRIBLE! YOU GUYS SHOULD FEEL ASHAMED OF YOURSELVES!!!!!!!
>>
>>84446097
oh and Steven Universe is very inferior to AT. I appreciate all the effort that is put into the show..the art can look really nice at times, especially the backgrounds. but the writing is just plain abysmal.
>>
Brickleberry was funny and calling it Family Guy 2.0 is an insult
>>
>>84443459
>I like Ales Kot. I don't mind that he's pretentious, and I applaud him for being ambitious. Even when he tries to make a masterpiece but fails and makes a piece of crap, I find his failure endearing, like the down-on-his-luck underdog in a movie who can't catch a break

Agreed. I realy liked Material. Even though it tried to be in a scanner darkly and failed, i enjoyed what it tried to be.

Other opinion.

The killing joke is over rated and boring. I like Moore a lot but this was blande as fuck
>>
I have always hated Spongebob

I never liked Teen Titans, westaboo stuff in general grinds my gears

Mutant hate in Marvel makes perfect sense

Raimi's trilogy is overrated

Only immature people need cartoons to be "mature" in order to enjoy them

Cyclops is shit (I realize this is only unpopular opinion on this board)

MLP FIM is the only truly great currently ongoing cartoon
>>
>>84443766
Multiversity isn't his only good comic. Its fine to not like it, i don't, but he has many good comics.
>>
>>84446105
(you)
>>
File: you're a dumb nigger.png (6 KB, 519x150) Image search: [Google]
you're a dumb nigger.png
6 KB, 519x150
>>84446101
Whatever helps you sleep at night, faggot with no taste.
>inb4 hurr durr photoshop
>>
>>84444736
S1 was good to great. S2 was pretty bad.
>>
>>84446399
They were both bad.
You have very low standards if they are either good or great to you.
>>
>>84444868
JJ is not for everyone, and not for most of 4chan. But the audience it goes for it delivers. A show about addictions is not going to pull in everyone,alias never did. But those of us that love those stories love it. It's my fav MCU production yet
>>
>>84446406
Nah, cavanagh really carried season 1. But he carried it to good status. Except for that shit finale, that was a very bad episode
>>
File: 1442953285218.png (191 KB, 386x386) Image search: [Google]
1442953285218.png
191 KB, 386x386
Gambit isn't that bad of a character, hes just constantly underwritten or written by people who hate him.
Colossus is a boring character and his sister is x10's better.
>>
>>84446450
And who is its audience? Idiots who have never seen a good psychological thriller in their entire lives and think it's a good show?
>It's my fav MCU production yet
Sorry to hear it.

>>84446492
Mediocre actor playing a forgettable villain.
>>
>>84446566
>Mediocre actor
Stop. You don't know what the fuck you are talking about
>>
>>84446531
i love gambit too, also on topic, i really like peter david´s x factor
>>
File: Rolf.png (190 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
Rolf.png
190 KB, 512x384
>>84446566
I liked the parts with David Tennant, also your pretty hostile mate.
>>
>>84446566
>psychological thriller
Did i say it was that? It's a character story about a shitty person who is broken and has major addiction problems.
>>
>>84443106
i think nickelodeon has the best current running cartoon, harvey beaks, and i´m really excited to see them regain their old quality because harvey and TLH are great and give me a lot of hope for their future, a future i hope drops the live action shows
>>
I kill Giants is good, but not THAT good to get praised like it goes over here.

>muh mommy cancer
>>
Late 90s Nick > Early 90s Nick

Avatar sucks and lifted most of its visual ideas from anime or Ninjai: The Little Ninja.

MLP: FiM is a pretty good little show.

Comic writers are vastly over-rated.
>>
>>84446644
Watch something that isn't CW capeshit and you'll see that Cavanagh is a completely mediocre actor.

>>84446682
>Did i say it was that?
Not talking about you. It's what everyone says when they it's a great show.
>It's a character story
full of terrible characters and metaphors about as subtle as a nuke.
Jessica herself is a completely awful character and the rest of the cast is somehow even blander.
>>
>>84443106
Bojack Horseman is a shitty show.

Rick and Morty is okay but overrated.

Cartoon Network still hasn't gotten over the animator departures due to CN Real and most of the animators there now are not as talented or driven as the old animators.

Writers on modern cartoons aren't funny.

Changing the artstyle of a show for a reboot doesn't make sense unless the artstyle is outdated. You don't need to fix what's not broken.
>>
>>84443899

Fuck you nigger
>>
>>84446665
Tennant was awful, but then again that may have something to do with him playing a very shit villain.
>>
>>84446775
>Jessica herself is a completely awful character
You finally understand the show.

Oh wait you didn't. The show is about terrible people and their vices.
>>
>>84446848
All right, I'll explain to you in a way your retarded brain could finally understand.
Just because a character is a terrible person doesn't mean they're an interesting character, you dumb fucking faggot.
I don't give a fuck that she's a shit person, many characters I love are even shittier people.
The point is that every fucking character on your shit show is terrible and doesn't have much going for them.
>>
>>84446661
Did people not like Peter's run? That is the best shit ever. madrox is best trox.
>>
>>84443106
Steven Universe is a deep or complex show... for a children's cartoon. Anyone above 15 thinking Steve Universe is not in the same level as My Little Pony is fucking delusional and has an incredibly low bar for good western cartoons.
>>
>>84446973
>Anyone above 15 thinking Steve Universe is not in the same level as My Little Pony

But it's not, it doesn't have an interesting universe, likeable characters to anyone who isn't a hipster or LBGT, or good music or humor

The level My Little Pony is at is "good childrens shows", Steven Universe is on the "not good childrens shows" level
>>
>>84446973
YES, same goes for Gravity Falls and Adventure Time.
>>
>>84447020
>Gravity Falls
I seriously don't get the appeal.
The humor is annoying, the characters are annoying, main villain is shit.
Music and visuals are good, I guess.
>>
Batman Forever was a pretty good movie and a solid adaption of 60's Batman.

Damian Wayne is best Robin and Dick Grayson was a terrible Batman.

Midnighter is a better LGBT story than Lumberjanes.

MCU Pepper Potts should have hooked up with Happy.

Captain America is straight.
>>84443644
>The Killing Joke movie looks shitty and the comic was never that great to begin with.
Yeah, I agree with you senpai.

Emma Frost > Jean Grey
>>
File: 1467914574157.png (232 KB, 472x472) Image search: [Google]
1467914574157.png
232 KB, 472x472
>>84443494
Get out
>>
>>84447075
Do people think Cap is gay? Reminds me of the Kitty Pryde is a Lesbian Garbage.
Dick is worst Robin, but as NightWing he is baller.
>>
>>84446779
1) >>>/out/

2) couldn't agreed more

3) ehh... there changing a bit. Rebecca Sugar is the only good one here

4) yep. coughalexhirschcough

5) this
>>
>>84447075
>Emma Frost > Jean Grey
That's at least an equally popular opinion was the opposite. Your definitely right tho.
>>
Why is everyone kept talking about MLP in here everytime?
There's a board for that
>>
>>84446917
Its not just cause they are shitty people it is why. Did you not read what my post said? Its a show about addiction. All the chatacters are addicticed to something. Thatvis what makes it great
>>
>>84446973
>>84447017
>> muh MLP
too many bronies in threads than the actual board
>>
>>84447210
Emma has always been better than Jean
>>
>>84447333
>>84447285
Its a thread for unpopular opinions and MLP happens to be unpopular on /co/, so it only makes sense.
>>
Gumball is the only cartoon I watch anymore, I've tried watching things like SU, GF, WBB, and LH but they ethier feel generic or boring as hell.

MoS was alright, BvS is really bad but still better then AoU surprisingly.

Antman is overrated as fuck and was horribly unfunny in Civil War

I liked the Wakfu OVA's but the Power Level shit is getting ridiculous.

Frozen being as successful as it was/still is makes me sick.
>>
>Teen Titans Go is a great show

>Batman is stupid and his fandom sucks

>Moon Knight is pretty boring

>IM3 is one of my favourite MCU movies

>Rightclops and Teen Jean are my OTP, but I don't want them to have a relationship, I just want them to fuck

>Almost every other Spider-people are better or at least more interesting than Peter and Miles

>I don't think Marvel's diversifying is necessarily bad, just hit or miss.

>A creator's political ideals, opinions or lifestyle choices doesn't matter to me when enjoying their work. If I like what they did I don't care if they're literally Hitler.
>>
File: steven universe.jpg (344 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
steven universe.jpg
344 KB, 1366x768
>>84447486
Gumball is good from the get-go, whereas SU takes a long time until it becomes interesting, Gravity Falls is only really good when compared to standard cartoons, I really don't see the appeal in We Bear Bears, and forgive me but I don't know what LH stands for.
>>
>>84446973
>>84447017
Stop arguing which one is better, you're all Barneyfags anyway.
Barney, horses and SU are all part of the autism trifecta.
They're all inextricably linked.
>>
>>84443235
Those aren't "people". Those are subhumans.
>>
4chan as a whole has been uncommonly vitriolic lately and argues over the tiniest shit. I blame summer.
>>
>>84447687
1) agreed
2) well the franchise is old soooo
3) who?
4)meh, your shipping your taste
5) spider gwen is good but miles is better
6) unless it's fem Thor, everyone else is ok
7) what if your favorite comic writer is a nazi who kills minority or a serial killer?

7/10 ok opinion
>>
>>84447286
A) Nothing makes it great. It's a terrible show with no redeeming qualities whatsoever.
B) Hamfisted MUH ADDICTION doesn't make for interesting characters at all. All the characters on your shit show are extremely one-note and shallow.
>>
>>84448139
>unless it's fem Thor, everyone else is ok
I think the concept of a woman with cancer that can transform into a thunder goddess could be interesting... the execution though is pretty awful.
>what if your favorite comic writer is a nazi who kills minority or a serial killer?
As I said, if his work is good I dont give a fuck. I mean, Gary Glitter is a convicted sex offender, but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy his music.
>>
>>84447843
>m-muh action cartoons

You're the one with autism anon. Bronies are aware that they like a medium for kids....you faggots genuinely believe that any day time action cartoon or capeshit tv show was made for adults, which is true autism
>>
>>84448375
I like some characters like Miles morales, kamala khan, spidergwen and she-hulk, they're allright.
>>
File: Vlcsnap-2015-01-31-04h27m25s140.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Vlcsnap-2015-01-31-04h27m25s140.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>84448730
> muh people who are not barney fag are hitlerz
>>
File: 1452744610328.gif (515 KB, 400x308) Image search: [Google]
1452744610328.gif
515 KB, 400x308
>>84449515
>he watches adult swim

So you're an edgy, white trash pothead with the sense of humor of an eternal 15yo, good job.

CURSING LOL, BLOOD LOL
IM MATURE CUZ THESE THINGS ARE WHAT ADULTS LIKE, R-RITE?
>>
>>84443106
>Black widow is a waste of Laura Bailey and one of the most forgettable things>I like ever in that cartoon

>I hate hawkeye because of that cartoon,

>i've become majority anti lesbian, unles the story is really well done as a romance (i've seen a few that did) the single fastest way to make me ignore you is add a gay woman.

>I like the 2013 TMNT more than I should, but still hate it for things like their handling of April plot wise.

>I fucking hate Vampire Jubilee

>Jennifer Hale has gone from one of the good Va's to one of the laziest i've ever seen.

i watch to much Disney XD marvel babysittign my nephew, but fuck siting through TTG eternally like last time.
>>
>>84449733
>being scared of blood in a cartoon makes you a "real" mature person
You're just as much of a shitstain as the people who like Family Guy.
>>
>>84443863
And thinking mrenter is good didn't tip you off?
>>
>>84446779
Someone should make a fan edit of Bojack without the shitty jokes because the drama is pretty good.
>>
>>84447020
The difference is GF is well written at times and AT can be interesting when it's not just being straight up bad.
>>
>>84443382
>Is it an unpopular opinion to say that the anti-bronies are more annoying than the bronies on /co/?
No, anti bronies have long since stopped bringing up the show out of nowhere.
Bronies on the other hand...
>>
>>84450374
>No, anti bronies have long since stopped bringing up the show out of nowhere.
How new are you?

>>84449937
You posted Rick and Morty, your the same kind of juggalo retard who watches Family Guy
>>
>>84449733
Has it ever occurred to you that normal people find dirty jokes a guilty pleasure in a similar way to how socially maladjusted people like technicolor horses that teach kids about tolerance?
>>
>>84443459
>I don't care that Mark Millar is devoting himself to movie adaptations. He's still helping his co-creators reach new levels of exposure and make enough money to keep comics as a full-time career, and he's treating them fairly every step of the way. Also his edgy phase is over, but people here act like his edginess is all-pervasive and eternal.
That's because it is. Did you even read Huck? And that was him not trying to be edgy. I will say though I think it's awesome that it seems like he works really hard to put relatively unknown creators into the spotlight. And I generally like his ideas. I just do not like his writing style.

>Here on 4chan, the right is worse than the left. I might feel differently if I was on some other website, but I'm here, and that's how it is. The radical right already won here, it's the supermajority, and it's just petty to see daily threads attacking the left as if "SJW" "invasions" even stood a chance.
>I don't mind the art in Squirrel Girl. I've enjoyed comics before whose art was more off-putting than that. I just don't read it because I have no interest in the writing.
>I think Alan Moore comes off as friendly and affable in person and on camera, so folks should get a clue instead of only reading his textual interviews and insisting that he's perpetually bitter and grouchy.
Agreed with these.
>>
>>84450465
>your
>retard
come on now
>>
>>84446254
>Only immature people need cartoons to be "mature" in order to enjoy them
True. Not everything needs to be gritty and 2edgy and super serious to be good. Sometimes things are just comfy. And that's okay! I feel like people confuse "serious" with "good". I've seen lots of serious things that are garbage, and lots of fluffy and light hearted stuff that was awesome.
>>
>>84450489
>Has it ever occurred to you that normal people find dirty jokes a guilty pleasure
I like dirty humor...
Just about anybody who actually follows comedy knows most comedy shows and films are fucking awful.

>how socially maladjusted people like technicolor horses that teach kids about tolerance?
I'm a grown man who watches cartoons, I'm not the one masquerading as a "normie" here, pal. My taste is just superior to yours.
>>
File: 53 (53) 2009-07-28_093240.jpg (48 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
53 (53) 2009-07-28_093240.jpg
48 KB, 640x480
>>84443106
>Spongebob seasons 1-3 is one of the best shows to ever be made
Perhaps you don't understand what "Unpopular" means.
>>
>>84450655

>Just about anybody who actually follows comedy knows most comedy shows and films are fucking awful.

THIS GUY, i'm sure you kill at your local open mics tho
>>
>>84450670
You kidding me, this nigga is for sure improv only.
>>
>>84450638
>I've seen lots of serious things that are garbage, and lots of fluffy and light hearted stuff that was awesome.
It's harder to like something that takes itself too seriously because the second they do one retarded thing it's ruined forever.
That's why I only watch critically acclaimed dramas, cult classic comedies and dumb cartoons for stoners and children, the middle ground is awful.
>>
Grant Morrison is a massive hack and hasn't produced a single worthwhile comic in his life.
>>
>>84450726
Honestly, in that sense though I think a good middle ground is good. Know when to laugh at yourself, have comedy when appropriate, but don't be afraid to put your characters through some hard shit. Obviously for that to be successful you have to have characters that people care about or something important at stake, but I think the moment something takes itself too seriously it loses a sense of self awareness and becomes pretentious or even preachy at points. Two things which will make me drop something quickly.
>>
I don't care one bit about the characters origin or intention. I don't care if you make Ironman a black teenage girl, or Spiderman a gay hispanic black teen, if you write it good I'm going to read it, if you don't I won't.

I actually like the reboots of the big two, because I don't give a singular shit about overall continuity. The reboots let writers tell new and different stories.

I have never liked Spiderman and I think Superior was the most interesting that character has ever been before they fucked it all up.

The fact Marvel can't make a decent TV show and DC can't make a watchable movie infuriates me to no end because I want more of both.
>>
>>84450869
>I don't care one bit about the characters origin or intention. I don't care if you make Ironman a black teenage girl, or Spiderman a gay hispanic black teen, if you write it good I'm going to read it, if you don't I won't.
I agree. I just want interesting and well written characters. I honestly welcome characters with different backgrounds, because it allows writers to tell new stories. I just want them well written.
>>
>>84450869
>because I want more of both.
I want less of both. I'm so tired of superheroes, I was 5 years ago. I'm happy for the people that do like them but applying quantity>quality to other mediums doesn't work like in comics.
I'd rather one great superhero movie than 30 mediocre ones.
>>
>>84450729
>/co/
>>
>>84450964
Agree to disagree. This wild ride of comic movies is going to end, sooner rather than later. We've got to squeeze in as many as we can, good or bad.

After something like 2020 we're going to have to wait another 10 to 20 years before we get a resurgence.

Now I guess you can argue more movies will hasten the demise of the genre, you might be right, I'm no movie scientist I don't have the answer/
>>
The fact that people out there that have never read a comic book in their life and have tattoos of Superman, yet DC cannot make a successful movie is as hilarious as it is tragic.
>>
>>84443106
I think hey ed edd and eddy, johnnybravo, and hey Arnold were all shit cartoons 90s think were good purely due to nostalgia.
>>
>>84443106
Only the second one is really an unpopular opinion among cartoon fans. I guess the first would be pretty unpopular among critics or the general population but it's not likely to cause much of a stir on /co/.
>>
>>84452582
TOXIC MASCULINITY OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH
MUH TRUMP
>>
>>84452637
True
>>
>>84447333
>say that SU is in the same level as MLP has retarded shit for babies
>"hurr durr bronie"

Go get triggered on tumblr faggot
>>
>>84452732
getting triggered of being here
>>
>>84449733
>>84449937
>>84450465
>>84450489
duugh okay watching dumb cartoons
>>
>>84450869
1)eh

2)voltron legendary defender and the IDW jem and the holograms are good examples

3)don't we all?

4) I don't watch live action.
>>
>>84443106
I hate it when /co/ has to force upon on this thread
> inb4 tumblr insult
>>
>>84452732
> muh tumblr
oohh scary
>>
>>84443106
I watched ONE episode on YouTube. I had no idea about the fandom and I thought it was something either fan made or entirely made by the user who uploaded it. I thought it was okay.
>>
>>84443106

response to OP:

>no it wasn't, it's just kind of funny and well-written

>never seen it and dont care, but i'm not against its concept

>no, mrenter is still an arrogant autist shithead who never grew past the age of 14 mentally. as an aspie myself, i can see the autism and obvious mental regressiveness in anything he produces and i can barely stand him

>mlp is good but not nearly one of the greatest of the decade by a fucking long shot

my opinions:

>clarence is ok

>dc is not interesting to me

>marvel is not interesting to me

>bone is a really good series

and that's it i guess
>>
>>
>>84443106
>Most of the cartoons on cartoon network sucked and will always suck.
Time Squad excluded. Time Squad was the titties. And EEnE. And Courage. And Dexter. And you know what? fuck it. The OG power puffs.

>Nickelodeon cartoons were worse.
They were only good at game shows.

>comics are better than cartoons

>Jim Lee's X-Men are the X-Men

>Literally ANYONE five inches shorter than Huge Jacked man would have played a better wolverine.
Not hating on Hugh G Rection doe
>>
>>84443106
I don't really think MrEnter is that great a reviewer, he's not bad, especially compared to other autismos who review cartoons but he has a habit of labelling things "bad" without ever explaining why, he pulls a lot of really cringeworthy TV trope namedropping into some of his reviews, often just doesn't understand the thing he's reviewing so spins his wheels by calling things in it "bad" without any real insight or just goes off on a random tangent for the whole review that he thinks is related but just isn't and seems to get the terms "animation" and "artstyle" confused an awful lot.

I don't think he's bad, in fact I like a fair few of his videos but sometimes he just doesn't have a lot of insight to offer on things other than saying they are bad, I'd say his 12 Oz. Mouse review alone really shows that he isn't that great of a reviewer.
>>
>>84450638
On the flip side I have seen lots of serious things that were awesome and things that were supposed to be "lightheartedly" (Schumacher's bat movies come to mind) that were pure garbage. It goes both ways.
Just because you like one doesn't mean you cannot enjoy the other. Animation is after alla story telling medium and some of us would like to see a wider variety of stories told I. Said medium. There is no shortage of light hearted kiddy fare in western animation and that's just fine. But I would love to see more serious stories told, some darker, dramatic, even instances of dark comedy( something a the Venture Bros does quite well) with engaging characters. Writing it off as simply being "edgy" is counterproductive. As is calling anyone who wants more than standard fare out of animation "immature"
>>
>>84443580
>Shadman is a very good artist regardless if you like his style
You're a fucking retard and you should kill yourself
And that's not even touching your shit taste regarding Simpsons and capeshows.
>>
>>84453598
Some of his old reviews are hilariously bad. He seriously suggested that an episode was bad because the moral was to tell adults about bullying.
>>
File: 1464657002552.jpg (67 KB, 715x722) Image search: [Google]
1464657002552.jpg
67 KB, 715x722
>unpopular opinions thread
>people bitching about people's opinions

Keep spergin', sperglords
>>
>>84454445
There's also that weird review he did where he basically bitched at his fans for recommending him things in a giant autismal rage.
>>
I unironically like breadwinners.
>>
Sausage Party is the only animated movie I'm actually looking forward to this year
>>
I like Miles and thin he's the best non Peter Parker Spider Man. I think he and Kamala have good chemistry and ifnthey get shipped I am OK with it, if they're just good friends I am OK with that too.
>>
File: 1468113811335.jpg (332 KB, 1300x1390) Image search: [Google]
1468113811335.jpg
332 KB, 1300x1390
>>84443521
Get back to /a, weeaboo
>>
>>84447756
>I don't know what LH stands for
I used it to shorten Loud House, I don't know if its widely used so I understand you not knowing what I ment
I really dont get the boner /co/ has for it, the 4th wall braking is too much for me. and all the grils are bland as fuck
>>
>>84456113
And I dont get what the mods have against it. Is there like an unspoken rule to ban and delete any Loud House thread? There really should be a sticky for that
>>
>>84451270
I dont know how DC cant manage to make a good movie. Is Marvel really that fueled by Mickeybux to be able to make good movies?
>>
>>84457114

you better not be talking about giving TLH a sticky
>>
>>84454415
>Likes Simpsons
>Is a fan of cape shows
>Not even a slight disagreement, just flat out kys

Goddamn, this is the type of post from someone who knows their tastes are shit and are finally coming to accept that they're shit.
>>
File: image.png (561 KB, 1265x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.png
561 KB, 1265x1080
UG is a god tier show And Swat Kats is just a shitty generic show from the 80s only liked because of its waifus,I don't see the appeal of it at all
>>
>Even though DC's Movies are shittier and I think The Dark Knight is overrated I still have a greater respect for them because they actually take risks over Marvel

>Regular Show is the best cartoon of the decade and is the best CN show since Courage the Cowardly Dog

>Teen Titans Go is funny

>Adventure Time is overrated

>I always thought Spongebob even in his prime was only okay

>Teen Titans (2003) > Young Justice

>France produces the best animated movies
>>
Civil War comic event did more good than harm.
Millar reminds me of Vince Russo where the guy has great ideas but you just gotta filter him and not let him go nuts.
1985 was bretty good but some of his free range stuff on Ultimate Universe post Ultimates wasn't.
>>
>>84458606
>Swat Kats is just a shitty generic show from the 80s only liked because of its waifus,I don't see the appeal of it at all
>from the 80's
>>
>>84443106
I like manga and anime more than comics and cartoons. Only really cartoon i still care is Gumball and thats it really.
>>
>>84459176

i want you out of here
>>
French shit is always mind-numbingly boring and mediocre (even the """""serious""""" animation) and anyone who thinks that snoozefest trash like Wakfu/Dofus is good needs to fuck off.
>>
>>84443580
>hating on animated cape shows
They are infinitely more entertaining than most of the shit you said is good.
>>
>>84458344
I'm saying make a sticky explaining why TLH threads get deleted the moment they get made. Is there an actual problem with posting a cartoon on a cartoon board? I don't see what's wrong with posting TLH
>>
>>84443106
I agree with all of this but MLP. The art style is fucking atrocious, and everything I've seem of it has been such dull shit that I can't fathom anyone liking it except (man)children.
>>
>>84443106
I'll play:

>Marvel Comics needs to be rebooted completely and Peter Parker/Spider-Man needs to go back to being a teen, in high school, working at the Bugle, etc.

>Peter marrying Mary Jane was a terrible editorial mistake. It should never have happened.

>Kirby/Simon GA Captain America and Bucky is still the best era of Cap.

>The Chris Nolan Batman movies were pretentious garbage.

>Ultimate Spider-Man was Dawson's Creek in tights. Bagley's art saved it.

>Crisis of Infinite Earths was a bad idea and has led to the train wreck that is now DC Comics.

>If Superman Returns featured Brainiac, giant robots in the streets of Metropolis, no superkid, and a different actress as Lois (Rachel McAdams), it would have made 400 million and we'd have already had three Brandon Routh movies and a JLA film.
>>
>>84459235
Hey man i dont hate comics or cartoons i just enjoy anime and manga more but i dont say it is better.
>>
>>84459498
>implying anyone watches MLP for the art style

If you've been watching the early seasons and judging it from that, your doing it wrong. The show gets way better later on where the character get personality. MLP is a show based around it's characters and characters take time to properly develop into their own. Watching the first few episodes isn't a proper evaluation of a cartoon
>>
4chan is pretty bad for discussion and content creating, tumblr and reddit are 100 times better
>>
>>84460862
You can argue about Reddit, but how do you even discuss things on Tumblr?
>>
>>84443452
>Something as hyperactive as Star Vs
>2deep4u
I bet your favorite novel is The Catcher in the Rye.
>>
>>84460862
You can't even "discuss" things on tumblr without painstakingly sifting through notes or individually messaging someone.
Reddit has an okay-enough interface for discussion, but the upvote system makes bandwagoning run rampant and encourages people to be memespewing attention whores for le internet points
>>
>>84461128
>Reddit has an okay-enough interface for discussion, but the upvote system makes bandwagoning run rampant
The vote system is terrible for discussion. On 4ch it doesn't matter if the other anons think you're right, you can have an argument
On reddit it's all about getting upvoted or getting the other guy downvoted. It's retarded. I used to only talk on Reddit with temp accounts and now you're auto banned from 99% of boards if you do that, it's so lame

I think 4ch is overall the best platform 'cause it's immediate
>>
For all the issues the direct market has, I don't think there's an easy way to replace it without fucking over the indie sector.

I think Spidey's biggest problem is that he's slave to an underdog premise that's he's outgrown and a supporting cast that's become irrelevant. Mary Jane and the marriage are just convenient scapegoats.
>>
>>84443452

Shit taste

Likes Steven Universe, Gumball, Clarence etc wants to watch "Cars 3" and unironically thinks comic books are bad.

/co/ is shit isn't it? .
>>
>>84443106
cartoons are shit
>>
>>84443106

If you watch cartoon network during the day you're either under age or an imbecile.

If you watch Disney or Nick at any point and you are not a child or the parent of the child you're a mouth breathing ree ree.

Disney Marvel movies are samey and never have good villains or stories. Literally a 5/10 movie every time. Jokes aren't even funny, if you like them all unanimously you are a shill.

Pokemon should have died after the second generation of games.

DC movies, cartoons and CW are all fucking gold but their comics can be hit or miss.

/co/ needs a containment board it's getting worse and worse when it's not Wednesday.

Marvel Netflix shows and Fox Marvel movies are mostly good, definitely better than what Disney is doing.
>>
>>84463936
What kind of containment board?
>>
File: 1463359097105.png (137 KB, 477x318) Image search: [Google]
1463359097105.png
137 KB, 477x318
>>84463981

Separate children cartoons and non comic book shit from eachother.
>>
>>84463936
>Pokemon should have died after the second generation of games.

Not /co/ but I'll fight you irl

Pokémon design has never been better then it is right now.
The past few games have been disappointing but that's entirely Gamefreak's fault, the lazy bastards.
Go is SHIT right now but has potential, but the fad will die out well before it gets good.
>>
>>84466438
>>84463936
I think black/white 2 was the best pokemon game ever. The story was better than anything that came before. A world tournament with previous game gym leaders and champions was great. It was what got me interested in pokemon again. The last gen didn't have a good game sadly.
>>
>>84463824
No, just not everyone has the same tastes you do. Cry more.
>>
>>84458737
>Regular Show is the best cartoon on CN this decade

My nigga
>>
>>84443459
> Also his edgy phase is over
That's sad actually. I miss classic Miller
>>
>>84466771
> Millar
fix
>>
>>84466568
I'd argue that X and Y are good. Far from great like Emerald, Platinum, and BW2 but still good
ORAS felt almost insulting at times
>>
File: 1468241872009.png (39 KB, 133x173) Image search: [Google]
1468241872009.png
39 KB, 133x173
>>84443106
Here we go:

>I think that this board would become way less cringy, if we removed flaming homos and fujoshis.

They also happen to be the most tumblr users. The shit side of tumblr.
>>
Rebirth is overhyped. Despite their promise to focus on continuity, Lanterns chronology already gets fucked up. And while the average quality level is better than DCYou, but so far it have less standout series, less than Marvel too.

Actually the new Marvel Now doesn't look bad. I say more, many titles looks promising. Though 80% of the good books'll probably get swiftly cancelled. And half of the issues will be wasted on event tie-ins.
>>
File: ww22.jpg (81 KB, 400x608) Image search: [Google]
ww22.jpg
81 KB, 400x608
Azzarello's run on Wonder Woman is better than Rucka's. Perez is still the king, though.
>>
>>84460771
This. Season 2 is a huge improvement from season 1, and seasons 4 and 5 are a huge improvement from the first 3 seasons.
>>
>>84468777
You'd lose all of /co/s current userbase and the board would be dead.
>>
>>84469454
It's worth of it.

At least /a/ keep their homo faggotory on the designed threads.
>>
>>84451367
Here's your (YOU)
>>
>>84458737
>DC actually takes risks over Marvel

What is Deadpool?
>>
>>84470487
>What is Deadpool?
Fox's movie.
Thread replies: 217
Thread images: 24

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.