[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys let's have this thread again! I'm feeling
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: 1467597304936.jpg (98 KB, 713x950) Image search: [Google]
1467597304936.jpg
98 KB, 713x950
Hey guys let's have this thread again!

I'm feeling down and want a good Superman book to read. Only one I've read is All-Star and I'm looking for something similar (uplifting and fairly self contained). Does /co/ have any recommendations?

Also general Superman thread there will never be another actor that can play him as good
>>
>>84442776
Superman For All Seasons and Sale & Loeb's Solo with a short story in Smallville with that same version of Superman
>>
File: 1462481839904.jpg (983 KB, 1200x1849) Image search: [Google]
1462481839904.jpg
983 KB, 1200x1849
>>84442865
And while we're on the topic, Kryptonite by Darwyn Cooke and Tim Sale.
>>
"Superman-Secret Identity."
The best Superman story in years (at the time) and it wasn't even about "our" Superman.

"What's So Funny About Truth, Justice & the American Way?". Action Comics #775

"22 Stories in a Single Bound"
Superman Adventures #41. 22shorts stories in the Superman Animated format by Mark Millar

"For the Man Who has Everything"
Superman Annual #11 Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons

"Secret Origins" 1-6 Mini.

"Birthright" 1-12 mini.

"Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow?" The last story of the Silver Age Superman.

"Kingdom Come"

"Red Son"

"Superman Peace on Earth"

"Man of Steel" 1-6 mini
1st Post Crisis Superman by John Byrne

"The Amazing Story of Superman-Red and Superman-Blue!"
Silver Age "Imaginary Story" in Superman #162
>>
Superman & Batman - Worlds Funnest (2000
http://www17.zippyshare.com/v/tU4FZ70r/file.html

The Man of Steel 01-06
http://www26.zippyshare.com/v/lYPrNWyU/file.html
>>
>>84442776
Strange Visitor from Adventures of Superman was absolutely based. One of the greatest Superman stories of all time and most people don't know about it.
>>
>>84445135
Good list, though I don't know about finding Kingdom Come or Red son as "uplifting", more poignant than anything else.

I would also add;

Reign of the Supermen
Throw in Adventures #500 as a prelude

Up, Up and Away

Apokolips Now

Superman/Batman "Public Enemies"

Bizarro Comics
Not specifically Superman, but very fun

Also, go watch the Donner Cut of Superman 2.
>>
File: file.jpg (86 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
file.jpg
86 KB, 600x600
>>84446581
>Reign of the Supermen
>Superman/Batman "Public Enemies
>>
Superman Red and Superman Blue Storytime.

>>84447234
>>
>>84445135
Start out with theses.
>>
File: Supes.png (711 KB, 1024x650) Image search: [Google]
Supes.png
711 KB, 1024x650
>>
>>84448059
>H'El on Earth
Goodbye
>>
>>84447994
>theses
Really? Theses?
>>
Agree with you OP
while I like Cavill, Christopher will always be the real true superman
>>
>>84448111

Oh, that bad?

I'll take it off.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.