[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Miles Morales
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: miles the spider-princess.png (117 KB, 500x529) Image search: [Google]
miles the spider-princess.png
117 KB, 500x529
Miles' father is African-American and his mother is a Latina. According to a study I found, the average African-American has 73.2% African ancestry, 24% European, and 0.8% Native American. The average Latinos have 18% Native American ancestry, 65.1% European ancestry (mostly from the Iberian Peninsula), and 6.2% African ancestry.

So if we divide all those by half and add them we'll get, 39,7% African ancestry, 44,55% European ancestry and 9,4% Native American ancestry (with some margin of error here, it only adds up to 93,65 %).

http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2014/12/genetic-study-reveals-surprising-ancestry-many-americans

This would mean Miles is (probably) whiter than he is black, so why does everyone keep calling him black?
>>
Because hi's mother isn't born in American she's a first generation imigrant
>>
Puerto Ricans are basically black culturally
>>
>>84440103

>Because he looks black

>Because your "average" calculation literally means nothing in calculating the ancestry of specific people

>Because cops would shoot him during a traffic stop

>Because he looks black
>>
Same reason why we don't call Obama white or asian ever.

Also, it would trigger the fuck out of Bendis.
>>
The average person is 51% female, so why does everyone keep calling Miles a guy?
>>
Black people genes are stronger.
Mix black people with any other race and they'll look still black.
Look at some black people around you, not everyone is as dark as an african person because during times of slavery the masters used to rape some of the female slaves and such.
Miles, for all intents and purposes, is black. His latino heritage is pretty irrelevant because they barely expand upon it, since latinos are racially varied so it's more about culture.
>>
>>84440251
>His latino heritage is pretty irrelevant because they barely expand upon it,

Isn't the entire first arc of his current book about it?
>>
>>84440280
It's more about her grandma being an annoying bitch, which is a filthy lie since abuelitas are pure love.
>>
>>84440103
Genetics doesn't work like this no matter how much people want it to.
>>
>>84440251
>Strong Genes
Is that an actual thing. I always assumed they still "look black" because everyone just focuses on the black features but in reality they're a marriage of features being overlooked.
>>84440185
His Uncle DOES look like Snoop Dogg who's barely got any white in him.
>>
>>84440433
>Is that an actual thing.
I forgot the actual word so I used strong instead.
Recesive? Is it the opposite of that? I don't remember.
>>
>>84440534
Dominant and recessive alleles/traits, yes.
>>
>>84440433
Skin colour is a pretty terrible indicator of ancestry. For example 3.5% of white Americans have some African heritage but there is no way you could tell just by looking at them
>>
>>84440606
That's my point.
>>
>>84440251
This only works if in your head, anyone that looks Mixed-Race=Black

>Dat one drop rule
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.