[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Shit you were way too old to be watching even as a kid
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6
File: oswald.gif (8 KB, 270x260) Image search: [Google]
oswald.gif
8 KB, 270x260
ITT: Shit you were way too old to be watching even as a kid
>>
>>84439910
Oswald was comfy as fuck. It was so slow and mellow and aesthetically pleasing. If it wasn't for the penguin dude harshing the zen it would be a good show to have on in the background while stoned.

My little brother was born 8 years after me and he was severely autistic (like, not aspergers, genuinely rocking back and forth, never talking, etc. Autistic) so since my parents always plopped him in front of the TV (and out computer was in the same room) I got a healthy knowledhe of 03-06 kids shows by osmosis. Some of them were really comfy, like Oswald. I'll lost some of my favorites to have on in the background while I was playing starcraft and stuff:

>Angelmouse
>Angelina Ballerina
>Brambly Hedge
>ringo-era Thomas the tank engine
>Fireman Sam
>Larryboy
>Paddington bear (i unironically got into marmelade sandwhiches at 14 Because of this)
>64 Zoo Lane
>Kipper
>Richard Scarry (note how German everything was in that, as well as how the African animals of baboons, gorillas, and hyenas are the beggars and can't stop stealing; dude was a Nazi I bet)
>Bing and Bong (i swear to this day that show was for stoners; the colors and landscapes alone I swear)
>Wallace and Gromit
>koala brothers

Comfy memories. Intended for kids much younger than me but I caught a solid dose of kids show background radiation so they bring me back to a time when I was still innocent/free so the overall vibe still fits.
>>
>>84439910
I remember of seeing a screenshot of it when I was 10 and feeling super bloody depressed that I never can watch these types of shows seriously anymore
>>
>>84440229
Nonsense. Weed makes you feel just like a kid again.
>>
>>84440146
>>84440245
>Angelina Ballerina
>ringo-era TTTE
>Richard Scarry
Solid taste. Also, I'm glad as fuck that I'm not the only one who gets high and watches shows for really little kids.

A few favorites of mine:
>Lazytown (yeah, I know it's not /co/, fuck off)
>PB&J Otter
>Wordgirl (also hardly counts because it's so damn tongue-in-cheek)
>Jojo's Circus
>>
>>84440278
Man are you me? My brother watched half that shit and I liked the stuff you posted. One of my teachers in middle school had a pretty similar name to Kersplatzki so that's what my family called her as a joke. Also PBnJ were great. Oodle-ay.

Seriously check out Bing and bong. Name aside it's like they live in a world of child-friendly vaporwave. The music is even downtempo electronica. Would recommend with a good sattiva and some biscuits.
>>
Was the pink one supposed to be a pig? An alien? This show was pretty clever, and i would watch along side my little sister and make wise-cracks about it.
>>
I enjoyed watching Blues Clue's until 14
>>
>>84440278
Lazytown is the one where everyone's puppets but the pink girl, hero guy and villain right?

That's /co/ since puppets are considered animation
You're "animating" their movements
>>
>>84440146
>>Bing and Bong
This is it for me. I watched that even when I was 12 just because the locations and species of aliens fascinated me.
>>
>recently re watched cyberchase for nostalgia factor

>unironically enjoy it

>tfw can't find anyone else who watched/enjoyed it
>>
>>84440146
>Wallace and Gromit
nigga that's not entertainment for children, that's pure art
>>
>>84441903
It's a comfy show that embraces its cheesiness. I like the early 2000s A E S T H E T I C to it which can be seen in the "computer world" artwork and the MIDI music.

However, it got terrible when they switched to flash animation
>>
File: image.jpg (102 KB, 668x467) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
102 KB, 668x467
>>84440146

>fireman Sam , thomas and postman pat are cg now

The
>>
File: 411-940.jpg (113 KB, 940x529) Image search: [Google]
411-940.jpg
113 KB, 940x529
>The phone
> The phone is ringing
>>
>>84442569
As much as I enjoyed it, I don't know why it's still around. It's on its 10th season, and has been reduced to
>you better be recycling
>>
Wordgirl, Martha Speaks and Peep in the Big World are all great.

>>84439910
I thought it was kind of creepy that the last episode shown had Daisy seemingly starting an avalanche that could bury the town.
>>
Little Bear was comfy as fuck. Nice piano music, too.
>>
>>84439910
My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
>>
>>84441035
This one and Bubble Guppies surprisingly have a huge amount of adult humor in them.
>>
>>84442680
Solid taste anon
>>
>>84443063
>Barney
Shit taste, pleb
>>
>>84439910
I watched Blue's Clues well into high school. Something just comforting about the simplicity of it when real life was shit.

Also watched foreign language Dora the Explorers recently to help learn a new language if that counts.
>>
>>84440146
I used to not like Kipper as a kid and thought it was incredibly boring now I watch an episode from time to time on YouTube and think, "What the hell was I thinking?" I mean, compared to all the computerized shit today it looks golden in terms of animation.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.