[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Maybe I'm in the ultra-minority here, but I felt like Shrek
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: Shrek.jpg (160 KB, 300x444) Image search: [Google]
Shrek.jpg
160 KB, 300x444
Maybe I'm in the ultra-minority here, but I felt like Shrek 1 was better than Shrek 2. The pop culture references flowed better and the plot felt less awkward in 1 than 2, if you ask me.

Also, Shrek 1 has Smash Mouth. 2 does not.
>>
>>84437500
>Need a Hero > All Star

Not by much, though. Gotta disagree, I think they perfected the formula in the second one. From the jokes to the music used to the character interactions.
>>
What was awkward about Shrek 2's plot?
>>
I felt Shrek 2's plot was more forgettable than the others
>>
>>84437500
I literally don't remember anything about shrek 2
>>
>>84438224
You should've paid more attention.
>>
>>84438233
It should have been more memorable, I remember most of Shrek 1
>>
4 = 1 > 2 > 3
>>
>>84438159
maybe you just have a shitty memory
>>
>>84438421
That too
>>
>>84438278
I'm the exact opposite. Can't remember anything from Shrek 1 besides 'Not the gumdrop button'
>>
>>84438398
Awful
>>
>>84437500
2 may be funnier than 1, but the original is the better film. Shrek 1 is not as overloaded with pop culture references and cheap jokes as its sequels. It has a level of sincerity that is severely lacking later in the series.
>>
>>84437500
>Maybe I'm in the ultra-minority here, but I felt like Shrek 1 was better than Shrek 2.
That'd surprise me if we are.
The series started out amazing but went downhill from the start.
The movies weren't actually bad until three though, everything from that point on was just godawful and unnecessary.
>>
1=2>3>>>>>>>>>>>>4
>>
>>84437500
In some ways 1 was better but I have still yet to see a children's film climax as impressively epic as the castle siege.
>>
>>84437500
>Maybe I'm in the ultra-minority here, but I felt like Shrek 1 was better than Shrek 2
I've heard nothing but people saying that Shrek 1 was better since 2 came out. I liked the knights/cop parody and some other stuff but really the original did a better job at the whole making fun of the fairy tale world part and in general did a better job with most stuff. Besides Puss they haven't added many really great characters since the first one, everyone else seemed like some one off gag.
>>
>>84439468
This
>>
File: CUTECAT.jpg (8 KB, 440x360) Image search: [Google]
CUTECAT.jpg
8 KB, 440x360
the most iconic stuff from Shrek 2 is actually this.
anyway this franchise remind me this magic era were every adult edgy thing was the coolest thing ever and the high tier of humor.

since 2011 people are all fucking pretentious hipsters.
>>
>>84439468
4 was trash but I enjoyed it way more than 3

That was just a movie about Arthur whining
>>
Why did Fiona not figure out Shrek was an ogre before he took off the helmet?

He's at least twice the size of a normal man.
>>
>>84438784
Only important thing you need to know:
https://youtu.be/5ZYgIrqELFw
>>
>>84440335
She's been locked in this tower since childhood, she probably hadn't see a man long enough to believe that a man strong enough to beat a dragon could actually be THAT big.
>>
>I need a hero scene from shrek 2
>not the GOAT scene of all time

kill yourself op
>>
>>84437500
Wait, people think the sequel was better than the original? That's news to me.

But the musical is still the best thing to come out of this series.
>>
The only thing I really remember from Shrek 2 is
>"He's wearing a thong!"
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.