[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Codename: Kids Next Door
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6
File: KNDLogo.png (66 KB, 408x244) Image search: [Google]
KNDLogo.png
66 KB, 408x244
What did /co/ think about this show?
>>
>>84435301
I remember the flash games on cartoonetwork.com that were based on it were pretty good
>>
>>84435301
I enjoyed this show as a kid and, to this day, still find in to be a funny show.

I also distinctly remember having a crush on Father, well before I knew what having a Husbando meant.
>>
I enjoyed the part where they introduced gadgets with some stupid backronym bullshit. It was stupid shit like that made it feel like it really was a bunch of kids
>>
I remember loving the P.O.O.L. episode intensely.
>>
>>84435976
>Battle
>Ready
>Armor
lol
>>
very cool show. i love shows that take concepts that are problems and interests that kids have, and then blow it waaaay out of proportion into an epic battle or adventure.
>>
It was a great show for kids.

I know I personally loved this as a kid and was the cartoon the infested my imagination the most as a kid.
>>
>>84436253
>show for kids
>as a kid
>as a kid
those days are over, anon ;_;
>>
Have you been wiped anon?
>>
File: EsY0Tch.png (80 KB, 500x421) Image search: [Google]
EsY0Tch.png
80 KB, 500x421
>>84436395

>Can only recall High School life and how much i hated it

Looks like it, I was probably a shitty operative anyway.
>>
>>84435301
Depends on when you grew up. If you were already out of the main characters' age group, I don't think it had the same lasting effect.
>>
>>84435301
father's va is based
>>
File: 1406581041113.jpg (325 KB, 1383x1600) Image search: [Google]
1406581041113.jpg
325 KB, 1383x1600
>>84436592
>when you turned 13 the same year the show finished and everything started going to shit

>tfw complete box set never
>>
I had a bone for Numbuh Three
>>
>>84435301
one i will never forget. one of the best
>>
File: L.E.A.D.E.R..jpg (35 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
L.E.A.D.E.R..jpg
35 KB, 640x480
I found it amusing to watch, since I was a Teenager at the time.
>>
i remember being hyped about it before it premiered. i was into action cartoons so much and the idea behind 2x4 technology sounded so neat. the first season was okay, but i still continued watching and was impressed by Operation GROW-UP.

also they unexpectedly and retroactively replaced TMNT for me

>>84435496
remember when one of the flash games were canon?
>>
Been rewatching it actually. I find it interesting that watching it incidentally (when it was on and nothing else is on) seems to mean that I mostly saw early seasons episodes.

I think it really holds up with time. The weird 2x4 tech means it side steps some of the potential anachronism problems. The art style is appealing and unique so that holds up too. The animation isn't shit and holds up.
>>
File: e5e.jpg (56 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
e5e.jpg
56 KB, 540x540
>yfw G:KND never
>>
Half the episodes were kinda boring but the good ones were really good
>>
Realization I just had.

KnD does the "can't see parents faces and heads thing a lot. At least non-villian and main cast parents. Espcially earlier on in the show. I'm pretty sure the first time we see an main cast members face is Operation: O.O.M.P.P.A.H. where number 1 and his dad go on a fishing trip.

Anyway, they reveal his face when the parent becomes sympathetic for number 1. Basically the first major parent face reveal is done to enhance an emotional moment. Clever use of trope.
>>
>>84435301
Very cool when i was a kid. Now i realised it sucked tho
>>
File: KND Forever.jpg (136 KB, 448x652) Image search: [Google]
KND Forever.jpg
136 KB, 448x652
>>84435301
A perfect analogy to growing up.
>>
>>84435301
There are very few IPs that can do diversity RIGHT, but this show absolutely nailed it.
>>
>>84442653
Because a hack cartoon reviewer said so?
>>
Coach Wetterhahn looks like Hunter Gathers from venture bros. From the side at least. I kind of want to see a cross over related to that now.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.