[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Secret Life Of Pets
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: tslop.jpg (159 KB, 1777x957) Image search: [Google]
tslop.jpg
159 KB, 1777x957
How was it, /co/?
>>
>>84434828
its obviously shit. it has literally nothing original, literally the least distinct animated movie this year
>>
>>84434851
Did you actually watch it?
>>
It was another piece of shit that thinks that lol-so-random humor counts as humor.
>>
>>84434828
Saw it last night. It was all over the place with pacing. Way too many worthless characters, generic plot, and no defining characterization for the main characters. Plus the humor was pretty shit
>>
>>84434874
boxoffice number proved that slapstick humour still panders most of general audiences
>>
>>84434828
It was alright, I had a few laughs and was decently entertained but a lot of what >>84434944 said. Kevin Hart's character was also too distracting and at times literally stops the movie just to be a black guy. I liked though, it's just really meh. On the bright side the Storks preview before the movie got me hyped
>>
>>84435088
I know, I fucking hate it. God, I just want one good thing to do well, but instead we get a blatant as fuck Toy Story ripoff from the retards behind Despicable Me and I bet it'll do incredibly well. Christ.
>>
>>84434828
It was pretty good, but it didn't have lolitas in it so of course /co/ didn't like it
>>
Alright but forgettable.
>>
>>84434828

is there a torrent yet
>>
>>84435261
You seem to have /co/ confused with /tv/
>>
File: what's the point.png (184 KB, 359x237) Image search: [Google]
what's the point.png
184 KB, 359x237
>>84434872
Not him but I can say that it really had a lot of problems. It felt like it had 3 different writers that weren't in communication with each other writing the script so when it came time to animating they just stapled the 3 scripts together.

So many characters show up only for a cheap gag, if they're lucky, then get tossed away and have no real development. Even the main characters' development is hamstrung because so much time has been devoted to these side characters.

The jokes are blase for the most part, lowest common denominator and even then these are jokes you've seen played better in other animated movies.

You got
>Plot A
Which is basically Toy Story 1
>Plot B
Which is basically Toy Story 2
>And Plot C
Which is basically Toy Story 3's villains

Only thing that I can even come close to calling original was fluffball(forget her name, she had that little an impact) was all yandere for Beagle(can't even remember his name because even though he's the damn star he doesn't do much, but more like he is present in scenes to watch stuff happen)
In the end it's a complete mess. I wouldn't mind so much if BFG's numbers didn't suffer because of this over saturated assault on the senses.
>>
It wasn't shit but it wasn't good either which is better than I expected
>>
>>84434828
its okay but not great or unique. A pretty good kill of time
>>
What's Illumination's thing for toothpick legs?

The frou frou purse dog having them is fine, but they look so weird on Louis CK dog.
>>
>>84435858
no
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.