[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I know you all came here to see Iggy Catalpa, because you think
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: duckman.gif (10 KB, 201x356) Image search: [Google]
duckman.gif
10 KB, 201x356
I know you all came here to see Iggy Catalpa, because you think he's funny, because you like his style, because you just plain like him, right? But you just think you do. Because you were manipulated into thinking you do by him: King Chicken. He did it the same way they manipulate us into buying toothpaste, car wax, even politicians. All pre-packaged, the least offensive, most appealing alternative. But it's precisely when humor is offensive that we need it most. Comedy should provoke. It should blast through prejudices, challenge preconceptions. Comedy should always leave you different than when it found you. Sure humor can hurt even alienate but the risk is better than the alternative; a steady diet of innocuous, child proof, flavorless mush. Demand to be challenged, to be offended, to be treated like thinking, reasoning adults and raise your children to be the same. Don't let a comedian, a network, a congressional committee, or an evil genius take away your freedom to laugh at whatever you want
>>
>>84432961
kinda depressing, i used to think media could really change the world.. but it can't. people just go right along as if they never learned those lessons.
i blame eco-badgering in kids' shows. it taught kids never to listen to lessons tv tells you.
>>
>>84432961
>REEEE WHY WON'T ANYBODY LAUGH AT MY RACIST JOKES?!
>>
>>84433076
Educate yourself new-person of nondescript race and gender.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=knIroVvPZU4
>>
File: saint george.jpg (29 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
saint george.jpg
29 KB, 960x720
>>84433076

The hell I won't.

And throw in some rape anecdotes while you're at.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuTqBd_ycHA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Z7SafOiCXM
>>
>>84433037
The lessons are there. And they'll count when it matters
>>
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CPkcxO6EsrQ
Man, this show gets depressing
>>
Somebody was gonna post it eventually.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blppKS-nz9g
>>
>>84433373
but it matters now, and nobody's listening
>>
I actually thought the rant's were one of the weaker parts of the show and found other parts hilarious like when duckman left a church and asked if doors can lead outside
>>
>>84436193
rants are never funny, they're just true or not.
>>
>>84433076
>to be treated like thinking, reasoning adults

Is the part you're not getting.
>>
>>84436389
not what I was talking about
>>
>>84433076
I frequent an Italian restaurant so small it has two tables inside a business park in suburbia. I go there because, God as my witness, it's the best espresso and cuisine your or I will ever enjoy. Naturally they're only open weekdays because the old man running it doesn't need to work longer hours.

He's one of those first generation immigrants that makes me hate their spoiled ungrateful children. He's not the only one I've met, the kind who's worked his whole life for so long he has no idea how to stop. Every time you walk into the store he greets you in Italian as the joy almost physically beams out from him at realizing his part of the American dream.

This is where an acquaintance of mine comes along. I mentioned the place offhandedly as he boasted about "how fucking pure blooded Italian" is he. "So you must know X," I retort, and no, he doesn't know but he'll be sure to go and let me know if it's 'authentic'.

So Mr Italian sits at my table and the shop owner comes by.
"Oh you brought me a new customer? Thank you so much! Let me know; I give you the best!"
"I had to come by because... I'm Italian you see."
"OH! L'italiano! *speaks Italian*"
".... Uh .... well.... my family is from Italy."
"Oh... your FAMILY. What village?"
The tablecloth is a map, and he starts pointing to almost random parts and names off one grandparent on each side and a few great grandparents when the shopkeep begins nodding his head in understanding.

"I see. Very mixed..." He narrows his eyes and lowers his voice, "too mixed."

It took all of my willpower not to spit up my drink in laughter right there. Americans are clueless about race but have somehow made it the most important part of their worldview.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.