[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who would win in a fight: Achilles from the Iliad vs Marvel's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: achillies vs captain america.jpg (150 KB, 1599x800) Image search: [Google]
achillies vs captain america.jpg
150 KB, 1599x800
Who would win in a fight:
Achilles from the Iliad vs Marvel's Captain america?
>>
>>84425963

There's a good chance Cap has read the Illiad from his bookworm 4-F days and thus would know about Achilles critical weakpoint from that. Achilles, on the other hand, probably hasn't read Captain America.

Achilles is technically invincible so it's a matter of how long the fight goes on. If Cap can hold him off long enough to get him to accidentally let Cap get a shot at the back of his legs (very doable since cap's primary weapon is all about allowing him to attack from unexpected angles against unprepared foes) there's a decent chance Steve can do it. If Achilles wants the win I'd say he has to do it quick, the longer the fight goes on the worse his chances seem to me.
>>
Achilles's shitty bronze isn't going to help him out.
>>
>>84427193
Bitch, his armor was forged by motherfucking Hephaestus.
>>
File: america in space.gif (1 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
america in space.gif
1 MB, 400x225
>>84427513

So it's the second best piece of armor in this fight.
>>
Achilles is a jobber.
>>
>>84428173
Items made by Gods from actual mythology and not pussy marvel skyfathers > Vibra(plotdevice)nium
>>
>>84428747
the feats made by "items made by Gods from actual mythology" are quite small
>>
File: australian man reaction face.jpg (13 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
australian man reaction face.jpg
13 KB, 480x360
>>84428747
>actual mythology
>This fiction is older and thus more legitimate

bruh
>>
ITT: One post with actual content and reason and seven posts made of shit.
Myself included.
>>
>>84428747
Thor's hammer was enable to beat cap shield. What makes you think gay Greek gods could make something better?
>>
>>84429992
>enable
unable, goddammit.
>>
>>84426245
I can't see cap winning
I can see the fight going on until Cap is on the ground trying to stand but failing
Achilles would walk over to him and poise himself to take the final blow
Cap would reach up and try to use him as some sort of leverage to stand up and grip him by the heel and then Achilles is down
Cap just holds on and regains some american pride
They are both at the same level, collapsing from exhaustion and blacking out

I can see that being the only way Cap doesn't lose the fight
But Achilles would win if the fight went in his favor
>>
>>84425963
One of them is strong and invincible if he protects his ankle, the other one is just strong. Cap's "weapon" is better, but having a sword is helpful.
>>
>>84429992
Could be that the gay greek gods are actual gods and not lame ass shitty aliens?
>>
>>84430173
In marvel universe? I don't think so.
>>
File: 1438535323214.png (380 KB, 459x398) Image search: [Google]
1438535323214.png
380 KB, 459x398
>>84426245
>Achilles, on the other hand, probably hasn't read Captain America
kek'd.
>>
if we follow the iliad's thematic and they are just pawns of the gods, Achilles would kill cap, since the only god that could support him had only power over a mountain at the time.
>>
>>84430214
It's not in the marvel universe
It's a crossover universe where things aren't always consistent, like how cap's completely vibranium but is able to completely rebound off of walls despite
that being said, it's completely possible to break cap's shield if you have the right powerset
>>
>>84426245

Illiad's required reading in military academies too.
>>
>>84430279
Then it just turns into dick measurement contest.

Anyway, if Achilles was invincible because of magic water why did he need some god-tier armor in the first place?
>>
>>84425963

Isn't Achilles invincible apart from his heel? Depends how well read Cap is I suppose
>>
>>84428971

That's a New Zealand flag by the way
>>
>>84425963

Ancient Greeks were manlets. Reach advantage goes to Cap.
>>
>>84427513
Armor that wasn't enough to protect the one part where it actually mattered.

And Captain America is pretty knowledgable so long as we're sticking to pre-1940s facts, which Achilles and the Illiad definitely are. And the fact that Achilles' heel was vulnerable is a well known bit of mythology, even among the general populace of the US. Like in most of the English speaking world, the phrase "Achilles heel" is commonly used in the US to describe a critical vulnerability.

Cap definitely has the advantage going in.
>>
How exactly is Cap going to utilize the heel vulnerability?
>>
>>84430791
Physics defying shield tricks.
>>
Odysseus > Cap > Achilles the faggot
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.