[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bat vs Super Extended
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 20
File: Cj9ZChTUYAImnkX.jpg (94 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Cj9ZChTUYAImnkX.jpg
94 KB, 600x600
I just watched this and wanted to see what you guys think.
>>
>>84419541
I was watching it and stopped at 1 hour when i friend came over.

Was Lex always like that?
>>
>>84419541
Largely the same movie as the theatrical cut, but the additional material really smooths out the production overall and provides additional content that could in some cases be inferred and in other cases changes scenes significantly. I really liked the UE, best capeshit of the year for me where I had the theatrical behind Civil War and Deadpool.
>>
Lex Luthor, both in performance and execution, is the fundamental flaw of this film.
>>
It stinks!
>>
Years we had Man Of Murder threads. Every single day.

I thought BVS would liberate us but boy was i wrong. It's even worse now.
>>
>>84419541
More of the same.
Pacing is better, I guess.
>>
>>84419541
It added some scenes that really helped understand some motivations. However, I still think the movie was too long for what it wanted to show. There were a lot of things Snyder took a lot of screentime to build up that in the end didn't really added much. I mean, I would've love if instead of all those scenes about the Lois Lane's quest for the magic bullet we had the Batman infiltrating Lexcorp. I also think that everything in regards of the senator was well built, and it was good, but that was some side plot for a Man of Steel 2 movie. This was a Batman v Superman.

I saw the theatrical version when it came out, and found it meh. A couple of days ago I saw the UE and it's better. But still, it tries so hard to be something that its not, that it ends up being a whole mess of great, poorly executed ideas that mostly lead to nothing.

Also, it ended up being the most basic form of the "good guys start fighting each other but have to unite against a common enemy" cliche. I was expecting something like this from Civil War, but it was BvS the one that was dissapointing in that sense.
>>
>>84419541
Didn't watch the original so can't really compare the two, but this one I liked a lot. I've watched it 3-4 times now and it still holds up. I love the visuals, the atmosphere and the characters. Sure, the cast had its problems, but with Lex for example, if you just forget who he's ''supposed'' to be, he suddenly becomes an alright villain. I'm glad Snyder's crew keeps fresh and different, personally. And I'm glad that WB gave them the creative freedom, since there's many unorthodox elements in this that we don't usually get in big blockbusters.. then again, it's sad that the creative freedom also allowed to do things many people weren't happy about.
>>
>>84419541
Another thread about this thing again.

Goddamnit, the ride never ends.
>>
>>84419541
Why don't you say what you think first?
>>
File: Brainiac Watches BvS.jpg (51 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
Brainiac Watches BvS.jpg
51 KB, 720x540
>>84419541
The moment the bats lifted Bruce up, I knew it'd be shit.

For the record, I saw it the first time last week, extended cut with four friends. We were all baffled by so many choices in this movie.

If this is supposed to be coherent version, how the fuck were people defending the theatrical for three months?
>>
>>84420828
i liked:

It was fun, dark, touched the Dark Knight greatness at times, Batman was goat, the masterplan r (I shat my pants when the judge saw the granny mug).
Music was good, Eisenberg was good although he looked annoying on the trailers, Snyder didn't go again for the safe Man of Steel style.
The supernatural 'comic booky'/dreams moments were great, blood from the coffins, STOP invincible son dad on the mountain, bats carrying you up the hole, MAD MAX scene with batman.
>>
>>84421602
>bats lifting up Bruce is bad

Why?
>>
>>84421602
why do you have to shit on every little supernatural thing?

this imagery is very comic book like. those dreams were perfect.
>>
>>84421602
>The moment the bats lifted Bruce up, I knew it'd be shit.
You are an ass who went in looking to hate the film.
>>
>>84421785
It's an incredibly stupid fucking scene that made me and everyone around me cringe to high hell, with a few people busting out laughing. Stop defending it.
>>
>>84419541
I turned it off in the beginning when bruce wayne calls up the guy to get out of the building, and then the guy just looks to the right to see a massive ship out the window, destroying everything. Jesus christ.
>>
>>84421683
Yeah it was pretty good. I loved the movie because it showed the impact that Superman has on Batman's life. It also showed how even at the worst possible situation, Superman does not give up. I liked Batman's indomitable will, Luthor's menacing plots, and Wonder Woman's fighting spirit. It was a great tragic film with a hopeful ending. I'm really hoping that they don't neuter Justice League to satisfy normies.
>>
>>84421862
As I said, you and your friends missed the point because you were looking for laughs. Which is fine. But don't blame the movie because you didn't understand it because you weren't paying attention.
>>
>>84422033
>missed the point
>you didn't understand it
>you weren't paying attention.
Can we please stop with the whole "it was just too smart for you!" meme? It's fucking zack snyder.
>>
File: 3.15.jpg (579 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
3.15.jpg
579 KB, 1920x1080
>>84421932
exactly. Everyone seems to forget that the characters work great with each other.
but to be fair if there was no batman I don't know how much I would like it.
You know they will go all Marvel humor for Justice League because people don't like serious movies with messages, allegories, dreamy supernatural beautiful imagery, etc.
>>
>>84422096
>people don't like serious movies with messages, allegories, dreamy supernatural beautiful imagery, etc.
I just got douche chills.
>>
File: Tornado Man of Steel.gif (2 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
Tornado Man of Steel.gif
2 MB, 320x180
3 years, 27 days and 5 hours since the first Snyderforce DCEU apology thread.
>>
>>84421901
Stuff like that happens though, people don't know what to do in catastrophies. It's not like they received drills on what do do in case of alien attack. People died in 9/11 because they were saving their work, shutting down computers, changing shoes and visiting the bathrooms.
>>
File: co1458857285435.jpg (97 KB, 590x872) Image search: [Google]
co1458857285435.jpg
97 KB, 590x872
>>84421862
probably you find this image also stupid. one of those guys that go for 'realism'.

that imagery is true to what batman is. his fear for bats ASCENDED him to become the man he is today. grow up and 'see' the messages.
>>
>>84421862
>>84422070
You literally went in there wanting to hate the movie. Obviously the scenes won't work for you if you went in with an attitude like that.
>>
>>84421901
>>84422201
Even then, the guys at the Wayne building were actually right. If you noticed, the ship wasn't what caused the building to collapse; it was Zod. They just had terrible luck.
>>
>>84422126
what are douche chills?

they were great parts, blood from his parent's coffins, bats carrying him out, Mad Max madness. all great imagery.
>>
File: Wonder Woman Gadot.jpg (54 KB, 725x461) Image search: [Google]
Wonder Woman Gadot.jpg
54 KB, 725x461
>>84422243
This guy has been there every day, for 3 years, 27 days and 5 hours, apologizing for the DCEU.

You sir, deserve a slow clap.
>>
>>84422201
>People died in 9/11 because they were saving their work, shutting down computers, changing shoes and visiting the bathrooms.
And they deserved it. If a plane hits your building and you hear it coming down, and you decide to go to the bathroom first, everything that happens afterwords is all on you. And I'm pretty sure any kind of animal that sees a giant ship down the block, right out the fucking window is destroying everything in the city, you aren't going to keep working. Even if there was no evacuation plan, you better believe people would be running for their lives and not just sitting at their cubicle continuing to work. It was a really awful looking scene because it was made just to give batfleck a reason to look heroic and run into destruction, despite the fact that it had to make everyone look completely fucking retarded just to stand there and watch the destruction out from their window.
>>
>>84421901
you wouldn't call your friend and manager of your company franchise to ask if he is ok and to leave the building?
>>
>>84422296
No? I didn't watch Man of Steel because I fell for the "muh man of murder" meme. Though that itself was a bad idea, the scene played out well and the movie as a whole was good. Don't get triggered just because someone can recognize good content.
>>
>>84422239
>grow up and 'see' the messages.
Well I got trolled.
>>
File: snyder-doomsday.jpg (53 KB, 700x400) Image search: [Google]
snyder-doomsday.jpg
53 KB, 700x400
Zack Snyder, making Capekino so sophisticated and nuanced, it's overwhelming brilliance eludes your average comic book reader.
>>
>>84422239
The haters of BvS are too retarded to understand basic symbolism. Then they cry when people say Snyder is too smart. Fact is, it's not "Snyder is to smart" it's "idiots are too dumb."
>>
>>84421785
Yeah nah, fuck off.

And Batman's introduction where he's just hanging in a corner? Laughable.
>>
File: RRRAARRGH.jpg (394 KB, 1500x871) Image search: [Google]
RRRAARRGH.jpg
394 KB, 1500x871
>>84422547
>>
>>84422634
meme
>>
File: 1Xs8GS6.png (813 KB, 1688x1892) Image search: [Google]
1Xs8GS6.png
813 KB, 1688x1892
Pic related is my opinion...
>>
File: Are you shitting me.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
Are you shitting me.gif
2 MB, 320x240
>>84421736
>those dreams were perfect
>literally putting a nightmare in a nightmare
They contributed greatly to why the narrative was such shit.

They have literally no reason to exist. If you want to try to BS and say they gave Batman motivation, guess what, he had his motivation in the first fucking scene of the movie and that highlights exactly one of the major problems with the movie.

Batman and Lex are given multiple reasons to hate Superman and all of them are paper thin.
>>
>>84422923
>piss jar is a plus
kys
>>
>>84419541

I fucking love it. Gets better every time. I've seen the theatrical 3 times, and the ultimate twice.

It's batshit insane like a true DC comic, genuinely experimental, and full of easter eggs. I don't care that other people don't "get" why the Flash shows up, or why it turns into a Batman elseworlds for no reason halfway through. I enjoy it because I'm a faggy fanboy with too much Batman history in my head.
>>
>>84419541
i never watched the theatrical release, but out of boredom i gave man of steel and this a chance. man of steel was an enjoyable 7.5/10, re-ignited my liking of superman after years of avoiding, BvS is fairly crap honestly
>Batman is too old, far too early for the inevitable DKR rip-off imo. the fact that he kills bothers me not because he does, but for the fact that he never actually needs to
>2 movies in and superman is "dead"? far too early for that as well
>1 movie in and jimmy olsen is instantly dead...the reason being...???
>wonder woman is insufferably cringe inducing for some reason
DC fucking up their major films doesn't bother me much anymore seeing as how good the animated films are and how much better their books are over marvel atm
>>
Snyder's interpretation of Superman is the problem. Superman should smile more.
>>
>>84424769
>>2 movies in and superman is "dead"? far too early for that as well
Not when it served much more purpose here then it did in the comics.
As here is solidifies his nobility to the world.

>>wonder woman is insufferably cringe inducing for some reason
That is absurd.
>>
>>84422547
>symbolism makes a movie good and erases its flaws
>>
File: BANE.jpg (44 KB, 429x428) Image search: [Google]
BANE.jpg
44 KB, 429x428
>>84419541
It's a better movie, and the plot actually makes sense this time, but I still can't buy Snyder's take on the characters, sadly.
>>
>>84419541
its like if you got raped by a nigger for 2 hours straight and then the same nigger rapes you for 3 hours straight and you cannot decide if you like it or not.
>>
i watched it for the first time 2 days ago

i actually kind of feel sorry for snyder in a way.

each of his movies is characterized by meaningful writing, interesting visuals, fantastic music, earnest bombastic characters ... and one or two INCREDIBLY obvious flaws that manage to spoil the whole thing.

it's like someone is holding the most lavish feast possible but insists upon serving a giant raw slab of limburger cheese as the centerpiece. everything else may be delicious but because of this one thing the serving room now smells like raw shit.

mos is actually an EXCELLENT film once you get out of krypton. bvs looks and feels amazing but some of the logic that strings the awesome scenes together needs a little more handholding. or something. i don't know.

i honestly think that reshooting one or two dialogue scenes would have saved bvs and elevated it from an underrated score to +9/10 like it deserves.

imo bvs is classic snyder. amazing story, great message, awesome visuals and audio, honest characters and just one or two flaws that somehow make the whole thing seem like a stinker. it's astonishing how this happens.
>>
>>84422096
fuck that's what I'm worried about too. if Justice League is Avengers-tier writing I'll be so disappointed
>>
>>84422070
Its not fucking Snyder, its Terrio, a graduate of Oxford and Cambridge as well as an academy award winning screenwriter. He is absolutely leagues smarter than you, and he himself said that this script is the greatest intellectual exercise of his career. Fuck off retard. You have absolutely no idea what this movie is about.
>>
>>84422338
>this movies was too ludicrous
>lol this scene is too realistic
Make up your minds
>>
>>84422547
i've been wondering about this. i think the audience for superhero movies is exceptionally finicky. if any of the presentation or the logic is even slightly off, and the off parts are not accounted for, people are just going to call the whole film shit even if it's like 1 percent shit and 99 percent excellent.

it's weird how superhero films have remarkably worse logic than any of the mission impossible films ... although mission impossible isn't getting away with their bullshit either.

i guess the real weird thing is how marvel seems to get away with it time and again. it's almost like people have really low expectations for marvel films, so when it doesn't try anything adventurous and then happens to fail, people aren't bugged by it because the characters sorta kinda feel ok and no one was expecting much.

by contrast, it's clear that snyder is trying something and trying very hard with the presentation, so when it fails, it fails very noticably.
>>
>ben is best bruce

if anything, ben's performance is a little overrated and cavil, lois, gadot, etc are underrated

ben tries too hard to look cool (although this is fitting for bats/bruce) and in some early scenes, ben was doing a really obvious don draper impression that could have used a bit more nuance and dimension to smooth it out.

the need for more dimension and nuance is the same complaint i have for jor'el, lara and zod (until the scene where zod is kneeling on the ground, after which he is great ... it's almost like the actor himself didn't quite understand zod's internal logic until that moment. i've rewatched mos 3-4 times and the early scenes in krypton are just blechhh even when you understand the meaning and everyone's motivations). each of these characters tried to replace cogent internal logic with strong emotions and that just makes things cringey when the internal logic is not clear.
>>
>>84422547

>It's not that the movie is BAD, it's that YOU'RE dumb!

fuck off
>>
>>84424312
>thinking it's a bad scene
You got autism, kid?
>>
>>84419541
Sexy Batfleck/10.
>>
>>84425155
>symbolism is always bad and makes a movie worse
>>84427730
Read the previous posts. It wasn't the Excalibur, Moby Dick, Prometheus, etc. references, just the "bats lifting up Bruce." If they couldn't understand the meaning of that, how are they not retarded? Let me guess, you didn't get it either?
>>
Better than the theatrical cut. Still bloated but not because of the additions of the extended version which actually helped smooth out some things.
>>
imo eisenlex is excellent. he's believable, amazing to watch and shockingly internally consistent.

also, the sort of tics that eisenlex has can be easily smoothed away by experience or meditation, both of which he will have ample opportunities for in the future, even if it's offscreen.
>>
I'm not a big comics reader.

Is the Knightmare scene based off any comics? Of maybe the Injustice game? Or is it original?
>>
>>84427503
>the audience for superhero movies is exceptionally finicky
A huge problem with it is casuals pretending to be hardcore fans of the characters, saying "not muh" when it clearly portrays the characters properly. They don't have a fundamental understanding of the characters and can't understand how they would act if put in different situations. I can't even call Marvel out on things it does differently from its comics because I don't read their comics.

>if any of the presentation or the logic is even slightly off, and the off parts are not accounted for
The thing about this is that in MoS and BvS there weren't any plotholes. People would keep repeating the same things over and over again, even though they would be answered every time. Marvel, on the other hand, has huge plotholes which cannot ever be answered for, yet people still praise their films.
>>
Capekino movies are like comic books!
They can never appeal to everyone. Just like when you pick up a new comic book arc and you look through the art and it just doesn't click for you.
You read a few pages and you just don't care about the writing on the particular art.
>>
>>84424312
you kidding? see the judge getting nervous and shaking was one of the best scenes. i shat myself.
>>
>>84428263
Since they Batmanized Superman they had to Jokerize Lex, so the only way he'll turn into something that resembles the comics Luthor is if Superman starts to be an actual symbol of hope first.
>>
>>84428434
It was very Luthor-esque too, but people don't actually care. They just want to find reasons to complain.
>>
File: Spooky_woman.gif (43 KB, 318x200) Image search: [Google]
Spooky_woman.gif
43 KB, 318x200
>>84419541
Too spooky, there's a skellington.
>>
>>84422547
Symbolism is not a substitute for a good story. Snyder put so much focus in symbolism that he neglected everything else in the movie.
>>
>>84429149
That's not true. He had a proper plot and narrative, the symbolism added extra characterization. That's the point of symbolism.
>>
>>84428407
I think the problem with this is that DC can only put out one film, therefore one version, so instead of people spread out in hate among various titles, sometimes of the same character, this one film takes ALL the collective hate.
>>
>>84429738
Then why doesn't Marvel get "not muh" hate?
>>
>>84430076
asm, aou and im3 get way more hate than they deserve.
>>
the one GIANT mistake snyder made with the dccu is not putting right in the title of mos that it is an elseworlds tale. if you take it as an elseworlds, it's one of the greatest depictions of superman ever.

likewise with bvs.

>You literally went in there wanting to hate the movie.

i think the opposite is true.

people go in expecting to love it and get turned off by the unexpected oddities.

the problem with mos is that snyder didn't put right in the title that it's an elseworlds tale.

the problem with the watchmen is jon's incredibly unfitting, incredibly cringey emo voice (it's even a plot point that no one besides the worlds smartest man could detect that something was wrong) and using unaltered versions of overly familiar songs. also, snyder and co could have presented how they changed the ending a little bit better, suggesting that he improved the ending (which is debatable) instead of implying that the watchmen is impossible to film. also, the black freighter segments could have been spliced in better but that's not a knock on the theatrical release.

the problem with bvs is that some of the logic is unclear.

it's not really plotholes, just gaps in between expectation and delivery
>>
>>84430076
Honestly, I don't know. I guess it's because the characters are easier to like. Doesn't require having as much an open mind I guess. The characters aren't as off based as DC are, but they are differences in between their comics and film. Also Marvel doesn't try to be more than just factory line blockbuster movies.
>>
>>84422296
Doesn't sound too different from all of 4chan and their interests. Or the obsessive anti-DC outsiders. Note that I'm not defending the movie or the dc fanboys, because I know you're going to try and pull something like that.

>people spend hours of their time talking about something they dislike
>every day
>>
>>84430225
And 2.

Though Avengers 1 needs more criticism, too much dicksucking on that one.
>>
>>84419541

Better than the theatrical cut, but still complete garbage.

I won't be seeing Justice league and BvS is directly responsible for that.
>>
>>84430333
What's wrong with a film being unexpected? If anything, that's the one problem I had with BvS, that it derived into 'we have to team up to beat the bad guy', even if it did give me the best Batman fight of all time. But I guess that's not what audiences want, to be surprised and have to watch and think about the characters, as opposed to a romantic adventure like the Donnerman films.
>>
>>84430726
I like the team up to fight a big guy trope, especially after a first time meeting.
>>
>>84430726
what's wrong is that mos diverges from the classic superman tale that everyone knows in very obvious ways and, if that goes unaddressed, it feels like more of an error instead of an intentional act -especially if you're starting on krypton, which people know less but know just enough to know that snyder's depiction feels 'off.'

also, it's clear to me that crowe, zod and lara didn't know what the fuck they were doing or else their performances would have been more convincing instead of feeling 'overdramatic' and empty.
>>
>>84431227
again, mos, bvs and even the watchmen would have been totally redeemed if the audience went in with the expectation of seeing something fresh.

i'm not sure why marvel gets away with this and dc doesn't. maybe it's because wb treats their properties with more seriousness whereas everyone working on a marvel film implicitly understands and revels in how silly it is.

i think the big problem with jorel, lara and zod early on is that they were trying to 'be something' instead of trying to being honest with the characters and try something different. imo it would have been easier for them if they understood that it is an elseworlds.
>>
>>84430964
I don't think there's anything wrong with the trope, I just feel like it's getting a tad overused. But hey, I'll probably see another movie with the same idea and end up having fun with it again. GotG has it, kinda sorta, and it's the only marvel film I really ever want to see again.

>>84431227
I don't see how you can address it any better than what Zack did, which is spend a good 15 or so minutes telling a different version of Superman's origin, and spends a good chunk of the film showing Clark wandering around trying to find his meaning in our world.
I can't really comment on the acting, it felt believable to me.
>>
>>84419541
>Superman takes a boat to Gotham instead of flying
The fact that Superman has more screen time really makes him cooler because it shows the kind of person he is
>>
>>84432285
No he doesn't. Clark Kent takes a boat :^)
>>
File: dr-manhattan_l.jpg (47 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
dr-manhattan_l.jpg
47 KB, 400x300
>>84431508
>if the audience went in with the expectation of seeing something fresh.

But Snyder didn't prepare anyone for something fresh. The trailers for Man of Steel made it seem like a hopeful, uplifting movie that was an apology for Superman Returns.

Go watch the trailers again; they have all 7 of the hopeful, uplifting and poignant scenes in that ungodly mess of a movie.

Man of Steel was specifically advertised as the friendly movie it was not.

Watchmen MIGHT have worked, MIGHT (because I don't think general audiences were ready for something like that), if it had adhered to being a genre deconstruction like Unbreakable and not been a glossy Superhero film with a rewritten plot and gimmickry.

Watchmen was confusing as to what it wanted to be;
Man of Steel was pure bait and switch.
>>
File: Luthor_Superman_Returns.jpg (22 KB, 250x318) Image search: [Google]
Luthor_Superman_Returns.jpg
22 KB, 250x318
>>84432420
The official Watchmen trailer made it look like a moody Justice League movie; every scene in it is something unearthly, superhuman or straight out of a Batman movie.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3orQKBxiEg
Every Man of Steel trailer made the film look like it was going to be Reeves Superman with a massive special effects budget.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6DJcgm3wNY

Snyder is a master of the Trailer.
>>
>>84432420
Snyder doesn't believe in giving audiences what they want.

literally.

He's more interested in going against the grain every time. He's said this himself.

He'll never make a 100% crowd pleasing movie, because he literally intentionally tries not to.
>>
How did lex know that superman can't see through lead?
>>
>>84425155
What you were implying was that the symbolism WAS the flaw, because you didn't get it.
>>
File: 1441451527822.png (207 KB, 763x382) Image search: [Google]
1441451527822.png
207 KB, 763x382
I watched the UE cut and there is no fucking way this deserves a 20% or whatever it got on RT, especially not when fucking pic related just happened.

The film has some issues but overall it was very competently made and probably the most interesting portrayal of Batman I've ever seen on film (although Batman Begins and TDK are better films overall).

Not sure I get the hate.
>>
>>84432420
Barely any of Watchmen was re-written, and Manhattan worked better than the fucking dumb squid.

The biggest problem with Snyder films is his fucking god awful casting decisions. It's always 50% amazing casting and 50% absolute dogshit.
>>
I didn't watch the original, the bad reviews and word of mouth discouraged me from seeing it in theaters, I actually enjoyed Man of Steel outside of Pa Kent's death, but man this was awful:

>hated everything Lex said and did
>Supes for some reason cares more about Batman getting some criminals killed by other criminals than about cleaning up his name
>the retarded Flash cameo in the dream
>Batman vs Superman fight was incredibly underwhelming
>MARTHA and the way how Superman and Batman go from wanting to kill each other to BFFs after that
>Lois throws away the spear, then goes to find it only to nearly drown and needs to be saved
>Wonder Woman does nothing at all except show up in the climax to handle Doomsday while Supes saves Lois
>30 minutes of "boo hoo, Superman is dead, it's not like there is a fucking Justice League movie coming up"

It did have top tier Bruce/Alfred stuff and Batman's fight with the thugs when he goes to rescue Clark's mom is fantastic (though it makes you wonder how the fuck was that better done than the title fight)
>>
>>84432682
That's pretty cool. I think it's admirable that he's trying to break the meta instead of doing the tried and true method. I like Snyder more and more each day.
>>
I'm really disappointed that the fight scene was the worst part of the movie. I really wanted a good Superman Batman fight but it never happened and it just felt like a huge let down after all that build-up and tension.

Somehow the cartoon shows/movies have better Superman Batman fights
>>
>>84433477
Here's the quote:

>When I was looking for tracks for the “Dawn of the Dead” soundtrack, it was important to me that the music reinforce the film’s underlying desire to break conventions and not be limited by the expectations placed on the film because of its roots in the genre world. Too often I think studios and filmmakers have a preconceived notion of what audiences’ expectations will be based on a film’s genre. I believe this approach often sets a course that funnels many projects down a familiar pathway with comfortable choices and safe decisions. I’ll be the first to admit that sometimes this actually works, creating cinematic “comfort food” that delivers and satisfies. But more often than not, it leaves me as a viewer dissatisfied, wanting more and wishing I didn’t know what was waiting for me around every corner. That is why I like creating projects that are self-aware. In my opinion, the trick is being self-aware without becoming self-conscious, having an awareness of a project’s roots, but not being stifled by the typical genre pre-conceptions. I always say it was important to me while making “Dawn of the Dead” to “have fun with,” but not “make fun of,” the zombie and horror genres.

Literally explains his entire filmography.

Lots of people love to shit talk him as he isn't a great public talker, as if that somehow correlates to his intelligence, but he clearly 100% is aware of what he is doing.
>>
>>84433077
I say that giving the film less than a 5/10 would be dishonest because of how great the visuals, sound, and music are, as well as the actor's delivery of their lines.
>>
>>84419541
Solid 7/10

But it has enough NOT MUH to warrant a reboot.
>>
>>84419541
I liked it, but Lex was so fucking annoying. I really hope they replace him, maybe say Lex Luthor Sr. was the real Lex after all or give the series an eventual Crisis or Flashpoint to change some casting and history.
>>
>>84420751
You've just been on the board for too long. That's not a good thing. It's sad. Let the new people have their discussion.
>>
>>84421736
>this imagery is very comic book like.
Which comic books?
>>
File: 1468278296479[1].jpg (2 MB, 4000x3182) Image search: [Google]
1468278296479[1].jpg
2 MB, 4000x3182
Zack Snyder is the hero capeshitters need, but not the one they deserve.
>>
File: 1468283221761[1].png (1 MB, 1916x796) Image search: [Google]
1468283221761[1].png
1 MB, 1916x796
>>84437490
>>
File: 1468284486044[1].jpg (98 KB, 984x957) Image search: [Google]
1468284486044[1].jpg
98 KB, 984x957
>>84437516
>>
>>84437490
Somewhat overthought.
>>
File: dc humor.png (446 KB, 552x454) Image search: [Google]
dc humor.png
446 KB, 552x454
>Snyder even does humor better than Marvel
true kino
Thread replies: 106
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.