[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: DEC150838.jpg (285 KB, 658x1000) Image search: [Google]
DEC150838.jpg
285 KB, 658x1000
What went wrong?
>>
Comic nobody asked for: the series.
>>
>>84418367
Unknown characters and shit art.

A complete waste of Weisman, even if Imani was a top-tier waifu. He should've been given a Spidey book.
>>
It would've been better if Marvel had just made this a mini. No one would've noticed, since the ending was actually pretty conclusive despite the plot hook with In-Betweener.
>>
>>84418367
Planetary defense system and posthuman reduced to bit parts because NewUniversal got scrapped due to Ellis's computer getting destroyed in the flood.

It's a shame too, New Universal had the makings of becoming a good, uncomplicated modern universe for heroes.
I still love the idea that Starbrands are imbued with so much energy at activation that they explode.
>>
>>84418367
It was OK and nothing else.
>>
Is it worth downloading? Seemed kind of neat, conceptually.
>>
>>84418875
It does some neat stuff with duality and it's more cosmic than what the premise implies.

It's fun, but nothing else.
>>
>>84418367
>capeshit
>>
>>84418875
I liked the slice of life part, but the rest was pretty meh. Also, last issue kind of fucks up the happiness from the comic.
>>
Nightmask was always fine on the cover but every page he was in he looked fucking horrendous
>>
>>84419782
Let's not pretend that Kevin's life was full of happiness considering he blew up his own college.

I thought the ending was bittersweet. Sure, he can't be with Imani without feeling disgusted about it and feels inadequate since he wasn't supposed to receive the power, but he is living up to the responsibility anway, and prevented a greater disaster than when he got his power.

It's also why choosing Nitro as one of the possessed villains he fights was a brilliant move.
>>
>>84418466
I asked for it, anon. I specifically asked for it. And my heart was broken the second I saw how low it was selling.
>>
>>84418367

Absolute shit interior art.

Weisman writing like he had 24+ guaranteed issues.
>>
>>84420544
>Weisman writing like he had 24+ guaranteed issues.

Except he didn't. Both of arcs were fairly open and shut. The only dangling threads were the reveal of the In-Betweener as the true Big Bad and possibly Imani as the original Starbrand candidate and Kong telling the others he know about their secret. Everything else is pretty much resolved, and it's not a big deal that those spoilers were resolved.
>>
>>84418367
Weisman fucked up by not making them gay for each other
>>
>>84420925
Starbrand was bisexual, at least.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.