[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who would win?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 52
Who would win?
>>
>>84405392
Finn has more experience but steven is not only more powerful but has a pretty OP defense.
>>
>>84405392
>Steven doesn't get help from other Gems or Connie
>Finn doesn't get help from Jake
Finn curbstomps the little shit. He's used to fighting enemies with magical bullshit powers. Besides, what's Steven gonna do to him? Shieldbash him to death? Best he can do is bubble himself and attempt to wait it out, but Finn would find a way to break it soon enough.

>Steven gets help from the Gems and/or Connie, Finn gets Jake
The Crystal Gems and Connie murder the shit out of both of them while Steven runs support.
>>
>>84405392
Been a while since I watched A, but I'm going to assume

Natural abilities only: Steven (I'm counting the shield)

With Weapons: Finn
>>
>>84405392
Steven has way better plot armor in his show, and way better established abilities. Most likely he could just talk Finn down anyway.
>>
>>84405392
I don't know what Finn is capable of nowadays but I'm sure he could slip Steven's shit in core combat.
Steven would bubble himself and reason with him or wait for one his gem/human friends to fight for him.
>>
Theoretically, I think Steven's stronger and more versatile. I don't think he'd be aggressive enough to actually win, though.
>>
>>84405510
jake is actually super fucking competent but is too lazy to use his full potential
if its a death battle and jake is aware of it CG's are fucked
>>
>>84405660
Death Battle rules would make them both ready to kill I think. It's not like Finn would have it in him to kill Steven in normal conditions either. The guy couldn't even crush a neutral ant.
>>
>>84405392
Stevens real strength is his ability to talk his enemies down, he could easily bubble himself for the time fin wants to fight, then just talk to fin while he desperately tries to get in
They'd sit there and chat, probably become friends
then steven would unbubble himself and bam he "won" the fight
Basically, steven would "win" by not winning.
>>
>>84405392
Finn that cursed plant blade is OP as fuck.
>>
>>84405392

Couldn't really work. The entire point of Steven's character is NOT fighting, instead by talking and listening he gains allies.
>>
File: ss (2016-07-10 at 09.26.09).jpg (125 KB, 1060x598) Image search: [Google]
ss (2016-07-10 at 09.26.09).jpg
125 KB, 1060x598
>>84405782
This
I think in the comics it shows it better
>>
>>84405392
>Finn + Jake VS Steven and Connie (or Steven and Gems)
Depends on how OP and competent they feel like making Jake for the encounter.

Just Finn VS Steven
At the moment either Finn or a draw (this just being if Finn doesn't have an answer to bubble shield). Steven has crazy defense and some other powers but he is still figuring them out. Finn may have magic weapons and is way more experienced (he's also pretty damn strong isn't he? Like he lifted some abomination in Dad's Dungeon right?)
>>
Steven has higher potential, Finn has better experience.

Steven might fend Finn off with his abilities for a bit, especially if Finn's slacking off per usual and underestimates Steven, but once Finn gets serious Steven doesn't stand a chance.
>>
>>84406570
>cuck house
>>
File: shiggynicholson.png (2 MB, 760x564) Image search: [Google]
shiggynicholson.png
2 MB, 760x564
>>84406570
>>
File: Ibben.png (165 KB, 400x450) Image search: [Google]
Ibben.png
165 KB, 400x450
>>84406612
>>84406689
>>
File: What_the_Hell_are_log_bolts.jpg (158 KB, 750x421) Image search: [Google]
What_the_Hell_are_log_bolts.jpg
158 KB, 750x421
>>84405510
This is the correct answer.

Alright, now who wins pic related.
>>
>>84405851
This. I bet it can pop the bubble and Steven can't hold the shield for too long.
>>
File: 1462736745095.gif (1 MB, 1275x916) Image search: [Google]
1462736745095.gif
1 MB, 1275x916
Even as a bigger SU fan, Finn has it in the bag. Steven is only semi competent with his powers now and his arent offense oriented generally. The only way Steven would win is with "muh prep time" so he could make a plant army, and still- finn would probably win. The trouble further is that Stevens main ability is instapassing every charisma check all the time, and in a death battle- that doesnt apply.
Also Finn is a deity that reincarnates itself Vishnu style, and he rarely loses.
End series Aang vs Finn is a better MC fight
>>
File: _20160708_162607.jpg (85 KB, 506x982) Image search: [Google]
_20160708_162607.jpg
85 KB, 506x982
>>84406570
>>
File: 1466407378798.gif (2 MB, 441x329) Image search: [Google]
1466407378798.gif
2 MB, 441x329
>>84406570
You have to be shitposting. No one could be this much of a faggot. And i'm a person who likes TLH.

also
>A teen with a lot of swords and a magical dog
>A kid with a shield, being able to bubble himself and a powerful trio
>vs
>a unarmed kid

Yeah, linc will totally destroy them.
>>
>>84405392
Finn will win in a cuck competition, Steven will win in a crying competition.
>>
>>84405392
> deformed kid whit excellent fighting skills who vs fat fruity transexual abomination
fin wins becouse the other it is a pussy
>>
>>84406913
It is shitposting you hopeless newfag. You don't reply seriously to shitposting when it's this obvious.
>>
File: finn slice.jpg (143 KB, 900x579) Image search: [Google]
finn slice.jpg
143 KB, 900x579
>>84405392
Finn. Steven's powers are only really defense oriented, and he hasn't even mastered them. Finn's fucking deadly as hell.
>>
>>84406967
>newfag
I knew he was shitposting. Just giving him what he wants.
>>
>>84405392
Finn wouldn't fight Steven, hes all about honour and defending the innocent and Steven is innocence personified

They'd probably just bro out, but if it came down to it Finn would probably off himself before he harmed someone like Steven
>>
>>84407221
Then why didn't you say that in the first place?
>>
>>84407221
But just saying something like that, you should have know that people are gonna react like that, faggot.
>>
>>84406807
Aang wins by landing on a pointy rock

Better question is which wins more matchups: the Avatar Cycle or the Finn Cycle?
>>
This is Death Battle Rules, faggots. No talking down and bro'ing it out.

>>84407221
You're Kancer with a Kapital K.
>>
>>84407363
The Avatar cycle obviously, all of them have powers while most of Finn's reincarnations are harmless things.
>>
Finn for one reason
STEVEN
DOESN'T
FIGHT
Steven has only fought like twice on his own (Centapeedle, and something else). It's usually the crystal gems who do the defeating. Steven is usually just the defender and morale support
Finn actually fights.
>>
The general projection seems to be Steven gaining a lot more skill/powers while Finn kind of stays at the same level fighting wise, so in the future Stevie will probably be badass enough to kick Finn's ass, but as of right now I'm still thinking Finn.

Steven's support and he can't do much without any teammates to back up. Finn's entire thing is how powerfully offensive he is. Finn vs Steven will probably be a stalemate for a while but one of them will run out of energy first, and I think Steven's mix of not having the best grasp on his powers all the time and Finn canonically being a bottomless reserve of energy will win it for him.
>>
File: Timmy ATLOG2 57452963_p10.jpg (802 KB, 1351x1324) Image search: [Google]
Timmy ATLOG2 57452963_p10.jpg
802 KB, 1351x1324
>>84407789
Lincon's sisters would flock to Finn faster than seagulls to fish in Finding Nemo.

He'd dunk his Pure Aryan thicc hero cock inside Lori and kill her before going straight into Leni and put Lincon's Log to shame.
>>
>>84405392
Fins an expirenced adventurer and dungeon delver he will slaughter steven
>>
>>84406807
>End series Aang vs Finn is a better MC fight
Uh, Finn's a dude with a sword and plucky determination, Aang is a demigod with all the past demigod's person's wisdom at his disposal with near mastery of 4 elemental fighting techniques.

Plot armor aside Finn might last like thirty seconds as long as they're both legit out for blood. Finn vs Aang as the start of the series would be better and even then Aang might win with his novice's knowledge of air bending.
>>
Nobody would win.

Finn couldn't even squish a true neutral ant let alone anyone 'good'. Steven wouldn't harm a rock, nevermind the idea of killing another human bean.
>>
>>84406744
>Giffany can shut down Krieger's Waifu
>Soos gets shot by Krieger
>Krieger can hack Giffany but it takes a while
>But she can hack his lab to have every robot he has made against him
>Krieger gets BTFO
>It ends with the stupid planet of the apes quote that stopped being funny when they used more than twice

Once again proving that 2D > 3D
>>
>>84408337

Yeah I feel like this is kind of Superman vs Batman scenario. People would go to pretend a skillfull human who wins solely because of plot armor, can defeat a skillfull demigod simply by preptime
>>
>>84408211
I dunno. The show's made a point of nerfing him pretty hard as of the last 3 seasons. In Dad's Dungeon he lifted a fucking huge ass monster over his head and into a pit with only a sword like >>84405938 said. In Stakes he threw a tree and was immediately pooped despite being older and theoretically much more faster, stronger and having much more stamina.

Finn might actually lose this one if we incorporate him getting his ass beat by bees, some rouge thief princess, a robot that only shoots cannonballs and other stuff I'm probably missing. And since Steven is a talker, he could talk Finn down mentally with his past romantic relationships and go in for the kill.
>>
>>84408352
That's all put aside for the purpose of these proposed "death battles."
>>
>>84408442
>Steven is a talker, he could talk Finn down mentally with his past romantic relationships and go in for the kill.
Bullshit, Steven isn't mean enough to do something like that, even in a death match.
>>
>>84408352
I'm pretty sure that's ignored for this stuff
Steven has nowhere near the combat expirence of Finn

Fin also knows fancy ice ninja magic
>>
>>84408442
I mostly attribute that stuff to just lazy writing that needs to quickly move plots along and stuff. I guess that is cheating since I'm not going 100% by what the show's said but you gotta put common sense into it at some point I think.

It's like, Pearl got defeated by ketchup in one episode of SU, but I'm not gonna go ahead and say that she can be defeated by that consistently just because it was in one episode. You gotta kind of go by what the show meaningfully says and the impression I get from all those incidents of Finn jobbing wasn't that his hero skills are degenerating and stuff.
>>
>>84408442
When you say pooped do you mean that episode where he said "pooped" like four times in the really throaghty and exhausted manor? I think he was just being lazy that day. When he gets pumped he just fights for as long as it holds his interest. Like that infinite train of bad guys
>>
>>84408567
Yeah that is a problem adventure time has Finn is just to powerful
>>
>>84405579
Literally none of that matters in the Death Battle set up at least none of it should, fucking Joker vs Needles.
In a death battle that is the only win condition, the opponents death. The only change to either character is their hesitation with killing their opponent, any of which is removed. This will not make Steve-O any more aggressive or competent than normal.
>>
>>84408598
>I think he was just being lazy that day.
Finn's always pumped for bad guys that are stronger than him or ones that threaten his loved ones. Though, it was Marceline's miniseries, so he had to look retarded and weak.

>>84408596
Finn >>>>> POWERGAP >>>> Dogshit >>>>>> Lincon's Log >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Brad
>>
File: f029.jpg (191 KB, 869x1258) Image search: [Google]
f029.jpg
191 KB, 869x1258
tl;dr
Steven refuses to fight and has his shield and bubble up as he talks while Finn tries to break his defenses down. Eventually they stop fighting and go to beach city for a fucking hot dog.

Funny thing about 1 on 1 duels with one who fights with a weapon compared to one who fights with a shield.
Defense always wins.
Shields were naturally made to block weapons and projectiles, the fight was "Won" before it even began, but the real kicker here is what >>84405790 said. Steven doesn't like to fight, but there are times where he just REFUSES to fight, and he makes damn well sure of that. His shield is OP as fuck and the bubble shield is strong as fuck, but not unbreakable. Finn would still have a tough time popping that son of a bitch, but still, that Shield is Captain America levels of bullshit unbreakable and he'd have an earful of Steven talking to him for the entire time he's wailing on him.
>>
>>84408839
What part of DEATH BATTLE do you not understand.

Also, all Finn'd have to do is wait until Steven tires himself out before he goes to town on the fat fucker. And who knows? He might just try and damage Steven from the inside by rolling the ball around and making him smack the sides of it.
>>
File: finn-beatup.jpg (141 KB, 847x475) Image search: [Google]
finn-beatup.jpg
141 KB, 847x475
>>84408648
>The only change to either character is their hesitation with killing their opponent, any of which is removed.
Then Finn's greatest leg up on Steven is removed, because without Steven's usual pacifist tendencies, his innate powers mash Finn easily. He's much more physically strong, and resistant to injury, with many regenerative and protective abilities. Finn is an experienced fighter, but he gets his bacon saved by his OP transforming dog plenty.
>>
As a huge fan of both shows ', I can say with absolute certainty that Finn would win. Steven is a lover, not a fighter, most conflicts he resolves are without violence.
>>
what are finn's current powers and abilities? I stopped watching after one of those "art" episodes.
>>
>>84405392
>>>Steven tells fin about his GF
>>Finn dies
>>
File: 1446056256879.png (160 KB, 378x402) Image search: [Google]
1446056256879.png
160 KB, 378x402
>>84408839
>tl;dr
>proceeds to post a 900 characters reply

>Finn would still have a tough time popping that son of a bitch
He would if he didn't have the Grass Sword of Bullshit with the ability to appear conveniently when a plot needs to be solved and cut through almost anything. Besides it seems you're forgetting Steven can't keep his shield up for long periods of time.
>>
>>84408946
honestly not much aside from very high agility, strength, and energy. also has a ridiculous tolerance to pain. that and he's been fighting and killing monsters since he was like 11 years old.
people may try to spin his almost always absent thorn thing or reincarnation bullshit into bigger deals but they're practically irrelevant.
>>
>>84408925
>He's much more physically strong
>Steven is stronger than Finn
I don't think so, anon.

>>84409021
Since he was a baby. His hat is made from a skinned evil white bear.
>>
>>84405787
Because it was neutral.
>>
>People saying Steven would body Finn
It's fucking Flash vs Quicksilver. And Finn is The Flash.
>>
>>84407164
That's not the case. They are in a death battle.
>>
>>84408925
>and resistant to injury,
I've seen the clues for Steven being strong, but where was he shown to be resistant to injury?

Even Pearl can be kebab'd by a normal sword anyway, so I'm not sure if that even matters here
>>
>>84408925
Steven and Finn are both stronger than an average kid their age would be but I think Finn has Steven beat in that regard. Finn pulls off near superhuman feats of strength fairly often while the most impressive thing I can recall Steven doing is ripping that arcade machine off its pedestal.
There may be things I'm forgetting though, and maybe it will be revealed that Steven can use his gem to give him super strength or some shit.
>>
Steven is more powerful in every regard but he doesn't have that murderous drive that Finn does. I'm going with Finn. Steven would find it difficult to hurt anyone but Finn would maim himself just to win.
>>
>>84409181
The only "regard" Steven is better than Finn in is using magic.

And dating girls.
>>
>>84408839
t. someone who has never fought with a weapon.

If there were a knife and a shield on a table and I had to take one and fight someone with what was left I would pick knife everytime. You're a complete joker,
>>
>>84409048
>Steven is stronger than Finn
What are his feats that he accomplished without the grass sword? I don't remember anything THAT impressive for a normal human. Steven on the other hand does things like casually picking up a teenager and moving her aside without even thinking about it, and tossing a minifridge into a monster's head.
>>
File: stevenAtALoss.jpg (37 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
stevenAtALoss.jpg
37 KB, 500x281
Steven is a more realistic child, which is why Finn would beat his ass in.

The real question is who wins: adult Steven vs adult Finn? Both with better control and ability.

and yes, Steven decides to age in this scenario.
>>
>>84409231
Steven has super strength, super durability (maybe), and can jump good.
>>
>>84409181
>implying Finn wouldn't tear that chubby boy from limb from limb.
Finn kills monsters, and does it infinitely until he dies. Have you ever seen "Dungeon Train,"? He would spend the rest of his life killing monsters spawning forever. Finn is almost impermeable to pain. He can withstand the heat from lava. You break Finn's legs and he say "whatever." Finn is ruthless in a combat situation, have you ever seen the epiosde where he was in a colosseum?
>>
>>84408337
>Finn vs Aang as the start of the series would be better and even then Aang might win with his novice's knowledge of air bending.
Aang started the series as an airbending master. That's what the arrow tattoos signify.
>>
>>84409134
>I've seen the clues for Steven being strong, but where was he shown to be resistant to injury?
In the lion episode, he fell off a cliff saying "catch me! I'll die! above a ledge that would have killed a normal kid, and didn't get hurt almost at all. In "Serious Steven" he fucking jumped out of an amusement park ride that was high in the air, and didn't seem to understand that that's not a thing someone can normally do and walk away from.
>>
>>84409256
>Stevens greatest feats of strength are picking up a teenager without thinking, and throwing a fridge
Meanwhile Finn takes down monsters 5 times his size. Even in hand to hand combat Finn will come out on top, he doesn't need a grads sword, he already is an expert swordsman. Any blade would do.
>>
>>84409170
>Finn pulls off near superhuman feats of strength fairly often
He does high-flying stunts, but he often has Jake to catch him. Unless I'm forgetting something.
>>
>>84409267
If we're going for both of their projected versions of adult Finn and Steven I think Steven would have it in the bag.

I think Finn will just in general be a better version of young Finn, while Steven has a basically bottomless potential of new gem powers and tricks to unlock and learn. Plus he's practically immortal, so doesn't that let him have like millennia to get beefier?
And adult Steven would at some point learn how to kick ass by himself, which is basically young Finn's biggest advantage against young Steven.

I still think Finn>Steven at current ages but I can't see older Finn beating older Steven.
>>
>>84409342
So you're abandoning the line of argument that Finn is stronger than Steven?
>>
>>84409256
see >>84409281 and >>84408442

He fucking ripped the lich's head to shreds using a sweater. He's able to withstand a tremendous amount of physical and mind torture too from magical gnomes torturing him and the "FALL" scene from Escape From the Citidel.
>>
>>84409345
Remember when he got the Demon Blood sword and he lifted that gigantic monster over his head and into the pit?

Even if Steven IS somehow stronger then Finn he doesn't have anywhere near the technique or experience to use it effectively
>>
>>84409240
You could bludgeon with a shield while defending yourself in this hypothetical situation. I'd say you chose poorly. That said, Finn would still mop the floor with Steven. That midget any gonna get any leverage.
>>
>>84409274
Yeah and Finn has all that and more. Dude dipped his head into a volcano once.

Also Steven gets tired running on the beach for five minutes
>>
>>84409306
But even the title sequence says he has a lot to learn.
>>
>>84409373
No
>>
>This is the new Superman vs Batman nerdom
>>
>>84409399
>I'd say you chose poorly
And again, you have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
i always find these threads to be really comfy for some reason.
>>
>>84409473
You kind of did though.
>>
>>84408890
>>84408453
>>84408566

IF it is like that and we forgot characterization. ...

Steven could use his power to control magic plants to take over Finn's arm.

He use Finn own arm to attack him, and kill him with a Akira style mutation taking over his body.
>>
>>84409373
https://youtu.be/9jFfOUvIxWc?t=65

Pretty sure that monster thing is heavier then a fridge
>>
>>84409482
>and again
First time we've interacted in this thread, anon.
>>
>>84409267
Really hard to tell. We have no idea what Steven is capable of, both because we don't know the full extent of Rose's powers and how they affect Steven being half human
>>
Finn would win and you want to know why?
Magic.
When SU first started we were led to believe that the CG's were in fact magical guardians of Earth and their powers were derived from mystic abilities.
However after Sugar went x-files on us we were told that all the gems powers come from sufficiently advanced science that appeared to be magical. The most though that we have been given in terms of science though is that the gems are holographic in nature and interact physically by some means of hard-light.
Now in AT magic is an actual thing and is consistently referred to as magic save for one instance where PB insists that "magic" is in fact scientific in nature and berates the wizards of Wizard City for practicing it without understanding it. In this same episode we see many wizards performing various spells and the like and PB briefly giving possible explanations of what is really behind it. Yet each of her explanations are extremely theoretical stuff and despite her stance she continues to call magic, magic admitting her inability to fully grasp it.
Thus we can infer that as much as Steven thought the gems relatively simple powers were magic, the gems would think AT's reality bending spells are magic.
Now how does this all tie into Finn bodying Steven?
>Uncle Grandpa.
In the crossover event UG takes the gems on a madness inducing ride using his cosmic powers and utterly btfo's thousand of years old warriors.
Finn's plot sword is cosmic in nature and not only would be in the hands of an experienced fighter but would be facing a defense heavy kid who has never tried to use his powers offensively.
>>
>>84409529
All you need to do is parry a single bludgeoning strike or hook a shield to do get lethal or debilitating damage with a short blade.
>>
>>84409495
I ignored it because I though it was bait. The answer is pretty simple No Steven is not stronger than Finn . But even if he was it would be irrelavent. Finn has pulled off that just as easily. He frequently holds women about his size, and does it without thinking. He can deroot trees. The reason being is that even IF we was stronger, it wouldn't mean everything. It's more about technique, Finn is an expert fighter, the physically strongest fighter isn't always the best one. That's like Fighting 101
>>
Steven's got shields and is all defensive while also being very physically strong but if Finn were to cut him good I bet Steven would stand down from a serious injury.
>>
File: 1398320198600.png (471 KB, 500x733) Image search: [Google]
1398320198600.png
471 KB, 500x733
>>84409498
He doesn't control plants. He brings them to life and they become soldiers. He might just end up making Pic Related if he does that considering the Sword is already intelligent
>>
>>84409256
Flipping the monster in Dad's Dungeon is the only feat you need to show that Finn doesn't need the plant sword to be a badass.
>>
>>84409591
Physical prowess is going to win out no matter which you pick.
>>
File: 1468202425219.gif (51 KB, 500x376) Image search: [Google]
1468202425219.gif
51 KB, 500x376
>>84409498
Why nobody else took in consideration tgat Steven can control plants and that Finn's arm is a MADE of grass?

Hell, Steven could of not only control it, maybe even possess it if he spich on Finn's arm.
>>
>>84405392
ScrewAttack
>>
>>84409634
Define what you mean by prowess exactly before I agree.
>>
File: 1459415937577.gif (805 KB, 595x1600) Image search: [Google]
1459415937577.gif
805 KB, 595x1600
>>84409070
Nah, it's more of an Unstoppable Force vs. an Immovable Object type deal.

>Rules for Death Battle
>The combatants encounter each other with no prior knowledge or prep, just their usual gear
>They have all inhibition towards killing the other removed and WANT to kill them(so kind characters will murder outright)
>They can't be helped by allies (though apparently people say this one isn't actually a rule so I may be wrong)

So, we have regular Finn:
>Backpack with snacks & a phone usually
>Whatever sword he currently wields
>Plus Grass Sword which is very skilled and obscenely sharp
>Gorgeous flowing locks
>Finn's fairly strong alone, but Grass Sword can go crazy Tetsuo if needed
>Finn's not the smartest guy, but he has a lot more crazy battle experience
>No defenses aside from a fairly high pain threshold
>Average boy speed

And regular Steven:
>Bubble Shield that has been shown to withstand multiple monster strikes that he can expand/contract and roll
>Vibranium style shield that so far seems to both repel/cancel magic/energy and can break swords. can also be thrown.
>Fly, no, jump good
>Very strong sense of empathy/empathic ability (but the latter only shown with gems so far)
>Plant control powers (not counting since he can't control it really)
>Fairly strong (ripped an arcade machine apart with his bare hands)
>Not the smartest guy
>Average boy speed (not counting the jumping)

Yeah, it really comes down to if Steven's shields can withstand Tetsuo Grass Sword.
If he can, I think Steven edges out here, especially considering his regular shield has it's weird countering properties and Finn would be the kind to just try and wail on it till it broke his arms.
Steven has fairly low kill potential, but Finn literally doesn't wear armor and has nothing really protecting him from a shield to the face or a flying kick or anything like that.
>>
>>84409615
Or all of Finn's sword fighting moments that he has had with other weapons. The only sword that gave Finn an unnatural advantage was the grass sword, and he used that for like one season. Out of all the other weapons Finn has used throughout the series.
>>
Finn is a normal human with normal limits, normal skill, and normal physical attributes. That's pretty much the point of the show.
>>
>>84409638
Can Steven control plants? I thought that was just Rose's power but don't think he has it.
He can make melon people and stuff but I don't think that means he can control all plant matter ever and stuff. Or am I forgetting something?
>>
>>84409594
>Finn is an expert fighter, the physically strongest fighter isn't always the best one.
I agree, but what evidence is there to indicate he could do anything against Steven's Bubble? Defense-heavy is not a bad thing at all in this case, considering Finns attacks are almost all just wielding a basic sword really well. What era Finn are we talking here? For the sake of argument, let's assume most recent Steven.
>>
>>84409671
You forget that Finn is pretty much impermeable to physical pain.
>>
>>84409430
Finn a normal boy but with iron determination and murderous rage.
>>
File: image.jpg (103 KB, 620x443) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
103 KB, 620x443
>setting is an evacuated town, so no innocents get hurt

Who wins
>>
>>84409591
You're not going to "parry" someone who brute forces you with a giant piece of thick wood, let alone an actual shield.
>>
>>84409281
Did you even read my post or did you seriously fail to get more than five words in?
>>
>>84409679
>normal limits
Withstanding heat from a volcano
>normal
>normal skill
So I guess everyone is an expert in hand to hand combat and weapons
>normal physical attributes
Yet deroots trees
Point of the show is just Finn and Jake in Ooo, nothing more, nothing less.
>>
File: Proud smug loli.gif (2 MB, 269x321) Image search: [Google]
Proud smug loli.gif
2 MB, 269x321
>>84409733
PPG easily. They're fucking invulnerable (but they can still feel pain). They are literally Superman split into 3 tiny little girls, man.
>>
>>84408352
>>84405787
>couldn't
Really it was "wouldn't". Under the rules of "these two are out for the kill", he'd do it.
>>
>>84409754
>I don't know how to parry
Yes could parry thick would with ease if you knew what you're doing. It's just deflection of force. Hell you could bind thick wood with a dagger and move in for grappling.
You're a retard.
>>
>>84409725
Finn's pain threshold is obscene, but he DOES still have normal boy durability.
He breaks his bones and gets cut just as easily as any other adventurous boy would.

Finn's basically a berserker while Steven's a weaker & slower captain america, with more shields.
Dual Swords vs. Lance, but without the lance
>>
>>84409671
>>They can't be helped by allies
Any resources one person is given is given to the other person.

Like in Metal Gear vs Splinter Cell both spies got their respective Tech Nerd Buddies
>>
>>84409679
What the hell are you talking about? Do you even watch the damn show?
>>
>>84409590
Uncle Grandpa is above Finn's level, Finn doesn't have access to the kind of meta magic that lets him know he's in a cartoon and initiate a crossover.

And the aliens in SU are still actually magical, aliens and magic are not mutually exclusive and the Gems themselves describe their own deal as magical, it's not an observation made in ignorance by non-Gems or the audience.

And I'm pretty sure dispelling magic is one of Steven's defensive abilities, he did it with Lapis's water clones.
>>
>>84409733
>>84409769
If it was NUPPG the Titans stand a good chance. Almost any giant monster on their own show in NUPPG can beat the shit out of them when they show up.

They are much weaker than the originals.
>>
>>84409807
True, but that's not going to stop him
>>
>>84409240
>He picks the pussy knife instead of the smashing board

Good luck, faggot.
>>
Finn is a more competent fighter.
>>
I think people jerk off Finn's grass thing too much. Ignoring the fact that its only come out twice and has shown to just decide to not do anything even when Finn is in danger, it doesn't even really seem absurdly powerful.

Killed Orgalorg and injured Lich but it didn't seem like it would take much to do either thing, and while what it did in Escape from the Citadel was impressive it ended up costing Finn a lot. At most it can give him the grass sword which would be redundant unless Finn already lost his first sword.

And again, keep in mind that there's like a 50/50 shot it does anything at all. Grass thorn is a flaky bitch.
>>
>>84409683
If he falls asleep he can assume direct control of one of the melons.

Steven is a little psychic I think.
>>
>>84409756
Yes, and saying Steven is more powerful in every regard is just ridiculous.
>>
File: mojojojoppg.png (1015 KB, 1017x761) Image search: [Google]
mojojojoppg.png
1015 KB, 1017x761
>>84409733
In a death battle setting they'd get their asses whooped. The PPG don't hold back at all. They'd probably be surprised when the Titan's heads explode because everyone seems somewhat invulnerable in PPG world..

But if they just walked into town one day, Robin could probably figure out their weakness pretty easy. It seems very easy to steal Chemical X.
>>
>>84409845
You wouldn't need luck. Depending on the shield it would be a forgone conclusion. Shields are useful as hell but there's a reason people either had weapons, or shields and weapons but no one without back up just had shields.
>>
>>84409848
Finn doesn't even need the grass sword. Any regular weapon would do.
>>
>>84405392
Both will win. With friendship.
>>
>>84409865
He's mostly empathic.
The melon control thing is likely a combination of his empathic ability and his plant control.
>>
>>84409899
I actually agree with you but there's lot of people who factor it into these fights as if its both an every day, OP as fuck part of his arsenal.
>>
>>84409898
Smashing board is weapon, and a good one at that
>>
>>84409806
You'd buckle under the weight, man. Technique can only work if paired with appropriate physical force. A knife is not appropriate force to respond to a shield. If you can't "parry" it bare handed ie withstand the impact with your naked wrists and arms, a knife isn't going to make a difference, you would likely drop it.
>>
>>84409767

But is Finn is consistently shown to have normal pain tolerance, he gets knocked out by hits like when the forest critters kidnap him, or the time he doesn't walk because he got an infection on his foot due to not wearing socks
>>
>>84409962
Unless you're shoving it would need to be drawn back to get that level of force. From there you disrupt and kill. It's not that hard. Seriously.
Show me examples in history of shields being used alone against armed men with no armour as anything other than an 'oh fuck I dropped my weapon'
I'll wait
>>
>>84409945
>smashing board
Are you memeing shit at me? I had a look around and all I could see was some fags video about link not having a sword.
>>
>>84410019
I'm sorry man but you're just talking shit if you're going "okay if someone stands in this specific position in this specific way then knife would win".

>Show me examples in history of shields being used alone against armed men with no armour as anything other than an 'oh fuck I dropped my weapon'
Excuse me but you're the one talking about knives here. Armed men don't use knives unless as an absolute last resort. People who typically use knives are thugs who prey on the defenseless.

This isn't World of Warcraft, maining the Rogue class doesn't actually let you pull off Blade Flurry.
>>
I feel like Finn's heroic willpower shit would tip the scales and secure him the win. That's the thing where he's totally dedicated to his current cause and has people believing in him and I'm pretty sure its behind most of his more spectacular wins, like that monster in Dad's Dungeon and ripping the Lich's skull apart.

From what I recall Steven doesn't have something like that and that aside I think they're pretty even, so that bullshit is probably exactly what Finn needs to bust through Steven's shield or bubble or something.
>>
Some important things to note about Steven's "defenses"
>Bubble shield has sustained being CHEWED by a giant mouth, as well as a giant spaceship crash/explosion
>Bubble shield can also be expanded to repulse enemies briefly if they're pressing against it
more importantly his ACTUAL shield can
>vary in size
>block giant lasers (honestly, hasn't been shown to break so far as far as I know)
>and apparently gives a repulsing force when struck that has been seen to disrupt "magic" (lapis's water clones) and shatter Pearl's holo-clones (and I think it broke their swords but i don't remember exactly)
It's basically Captain America's shield, but can expand.
>>
>>84409998
>consistently
How did Finn get knocked out? A wizard smashed a club on his head. How? Bears were mauling him, and pinning him down. He was walking, and his callus was a nuisance. Finn can take pain, you are completely disregarding the fact that he can withstand lava. Yes he had to get patched up, but that doesn't contradict the fact that he can witstand the pain. Steven's attacks aren't going to hurt him, therfore not going to stop him.
>>
>>84410082
>if someone stands in this way and position
What is using a fucking knife correctly?
Seriously? Hook the shield and win.
>armed men didn't use knives except as a last resort
Actually they were used rather often in a multitude of circumstances from armoured combat to fencing duels. You're an idiot.
>this isn't world of warcraft
Says the faggot who thinks movie fighting is how things work.
>>
>>84410127
>Actually they were used rather often in a multitude of circumstances from armoured combat to fencing duels.
Yeah, against other people with knives.

You're not going to "hook the shield", I would just bash your wrist in. And the only "movie fighting" that would resemble is a sad, sombre documentary about Asian kung fu masters getting their shit punched in by larger, more muscular boxers.
>>
>>84410102
Steven can only use his shield 3 times a day, so using it must exhaust him. Regardless Finn is an expert swordsman and can get passed a shield.
>>
If Finn were to use the shadowless thrust nothing would stand in his way but they forgot about that shit even though it's the coolest thin the show. Fuck AT.
>>
Finn is constantly fighting monsters 10 times larger than him on a daily basis. He knows how to use a sword and is familiar with fighting enemies with magical abilities. He's also super athletic and has some good agility to boot. Finn usually goofs around while fighting/adventuring which usually leads to his downfall half the time, but when he gets serious in a fight, Finn is no joke.

There's no way in hell Steven can outright beat Finn in a 1v1 fight. Steven is not a fighter at all while Finn is an experience swordsman. The best Steven can do is just stall the battle with his insanely strong shielding powers, but that's about it.
>>
>>84410224
>Steven can only use his shield 3 times a day
That's a really specific number, are you thinking about the Friend Ship episode? I don't think that meant he could literally only use it three times a day, it was just that on that particular day he was getting hit with a lot of force from alien weaponry that tired him out after the third go.
>>
File: 1463004793233.png (51 KB, 248x245) Image search: [Google]
1463004793233.png
51 KB, 248x245
>>84405392
>Tumblr Universe
>Cuckventure Time
>>
>>84410195
>Yeah, against other people with knives.
Not really. In armoured comabt for example it was used to aid grappling and finish opponents. They didn't care what the other guy had. Once they closed the distance and got into grapples they were fine.
Also knives are used in duel against any number of weapons, many of which DO NOT include knives as well.
They even parry two handed things like katana. You're off your rocker if you think you could debilitate someone from bashing before they slipped a blade into you.
Again it depends on the shield. Post that and I can give you more elaborate reasoning.
>>
>>84410253
>Finn is constantly fighting monsters 10 times larger than him on a daily basis. He knows how to use a sword and is familiar with fighting enemies with magical abilities.
Steven does that too though. Without the sword.

He doesn't hang around the Crystal Gems fighting giant monsters as a spectator, it's vigorous, consistent training that led him to where he is now ie an equal and reliable member of the group.
>>
>>84410247
What ep is that from G
>>
>>84405392
Finn, easily. Steven is the average kid in terms of offense.
>>
Can anyone provide a way that Steven would actually win?
It seems like he's great at not dying but I don't know how he would full on win, seems like he would just sit inside his bubble indefinitely.

Wait, does Steven need food and water to survive? If he doesn't I guess he could try to make Finn starve to death or something.
>>
File: 127442140934.png (42 KB, 231x225) Image search: [Google]
127442140934.png
42 KB, 231x225
>Pedo House
>>
>>84410290
>Steven does that too though.
No he doesn't. The Gems do all the fighting. Steven just remembers something that happened earlier that day that can help things, or hug it into submission
>>
File: 1436509191136.gif (1 MB, 540x366) Image search: [Google]
1436509191136.gif
1 MB, 540x366
>>84410224
>>84410257
Steven's power is meant to be constantly growing.
Back when the invasion happened, he could summon his shield once or twice, but the big shield drained him completely
By Friend Ship, he could summon and use it openly three times in a day before feeling tired
From there, a fairly good chunk of time seems to have passed.
A single altercation like a Death Battle shouldn't exceed his limit really.

As for Finn's sword finesse, he really doesn't have much. Grass Sword gives him a good amount, but it's only really gonna come out when he's in danger.
Really, Finn's Grass Sword kicking in is the moment of truth. Most likely, it'd get through and kill Steven, but if not and it hit the shield instead, I imagine it wouldn't turn out well for Grass Sword.
>>
http://steven-universe.wikia.com/wiki/Steven_Universe_(character)
>Steven's abilities
http://adventuretime.wikia.com/wiki/Finn#Abilities
>Finn's abilities
>>
>>84410290
Is Steven the one doing the fighting?
>>
>>84410310
Rattleballs
>>
>>84410317
I don't care how strong a bubble or whatever is. You will not contain Finn for however long it takes for him to dehydrate to death.

However, Steven keeping Finn in a bubble for a whole day for whatever reason sounds like an amazing episode
>>
I haven't watched Adventure Time in a while. Did the Grass Sword come back? Last I saw Finn had a sword made out of his Time Clone
>>
>>84410346
>he thinks all Finn has is a grass sword
Has he been shown to be able to use his shield more than three times? Finn is extremely proficient with weapons in general.
>>
>>84410288
>They even parry two handed things like katana.
Mate people don't even use katanas as a primary fighting weapon unless you're a disgraced street person who got kicked out of the shogun's good graces.

"Closed the distance" oh sure if a knife person's dick is close enough to touch yours you're fucked, but that's exactly the reason why most armies and soldiers use spears and shields, or polearms and shields, or if you're a proud Spartan then a good sized sword and a shield, or if you're an honorable samurai they'd forget about that nonsense and stick to shooting you with a bow from a distance.
>>
>>84410317
Assuming Steven's got some Death Battle Bloodlust going, I could think of three options.
>the reasonable one
Steven puts all his strength into a shield throw through Finn's head.
>the pedo one
>they get down to wrasling after Finn breaks his arms trying to beat on Steven's repulsing shield and Steven snaps his neck (they both have above average strength, though finn is stronger so Steven'd need a handicap)
>the silly one (what Death Battle would likely use)
Steven jumps up super high, bubble shields himself, and comes crashing down on Finn, somehow not getting splatted himself.
>>
>>84410332
>>84410354
But Steven does join in the fighting, he only stood back in Season 1 when he couldn't summon his shield consistently, and even then he took part in fighting the monsters as early as that one fight with the giant pufferfish.
>>
>>84410377
Finn needed a new sword, got a grass sword. Through some time travel Prismo is back, and one of the alternate realities Finn turned into a sword. Finn accidentally killed his Finn Sword, now is back to the Root sword. The latter two are just normal swords, and Finn has shown proficiency in all of his swords regardless if it was magic. Finn would have been able to do all things the Finn sword would be able to do minus the carving of his head.
>>
>>84410411
I was specifically talking about heavily armed combat, something which you ignored in that post.
I'm not saying dagger is some unbeatable weapon. I'm more of a spear fag myself but the reality is it would beat a man with a shield.
>>
>>84410377
Finn Sword is kill but maybe not. Grass Sword comes back whenever the plot requires it.
>>
>>84410442
The point is Steven isn't going to be able to outmatch Finn in a fight. Steven isn't experienced enough.
>>
File: 1324760508339.gif (637 KB, 175x120) Image search: [Google]
1324760508339.gif
637 KB, 175x120
>>84410442
>Steven throws a punch occasionally
>Therefor he can defeat this insane demigod that hurls building-sized demons over his head
>>
>>84410455
I googled "heavily armed combat" and it brought up a bunch of people with guns.

No shit I'm going to ignore it, because nine times out of ten they'd use their fucking guns. Guns easily beat knives.

>I'm not saying dagger is some unbeatable weapon. I'm more of a spear fag myself but the reality is it would beat a man with a shield.
The daggerfag would have to be simultaneously the nimblest motherfucker as well as physically strong enough to withstand getting smashed with a heavy block of pretty much any sturdy material.

The odds of any particular fighter being that flexible isn't something I'm going to hedge my bets on.
>>
>>84410450
he still used the "broken" Finn sword as recently as The Music Hole
>>
Has an episode covered what happens to Steven if his bubble shield falls from a high height?
Assuming not, then I think it will be pretty easy to assume that they fight, Steven falls back into his shield at some point, and Finn uses the opportunity to roll him off a mountain or something. Finn's not a genius but that's easily something that he would be able to come up with after fruitlessly stabbing the thing for a little bit.

If realistic physics apply Steven turns into a nasty stain in that bubble.
This totally falls apart if this thing happened already in SU but I can't recall off the top of my head.
>>
>>84410535
armoured* excuse me.
>>
>>84405392
At this point? Steven.

Finn's gotten progressively more pathetic with each passing season.
>>
>>84410394
Finn is proficient, yes, but he's still very rash.
Even after training with Rattleballs, he usually just flies into combat swinging wildly.
Like I said, he's mostly a berserker. No defenses, but a stupidly high fighting spirit, stupidly high threshold for pain, and always with a sword.

By Death Battle's usual rules, he wouldn't likely have anything but his current regular sword, and Grass Sword.
Grass Sword is much more careful and finessed than Finn is though, or at least it brings out his finesse.
>>
>>84410553
I think I remember something about the Bubble saving him from falls or something, but I can't put my finger on it.

I know for a fact it can be popped though. The training dummy thing broke it with a bunch of fireballs
>>
>>84410541
Yes because having it strapped onto your backpack is using it. "The Music Hole" takes place before "Normal Man," although Finn's swords are very ambiguous right now. Wait for "Preboot" and "Reboot" to clear things up.
>>
>>84410484
It just seems like people are stuck on Steven's experience in Season 1 to the point where they're not even aware he helps fight the giant monsters.

>>84410529
Finn isn't a demigod he's just some reincarnation of something that reincarnates into everything flippity flobbity new age we're all one nonsense.

And then he gets beat up by vampires like he's nothing what's that about.
>>
>>84410564
Googling that just brought me tanks.
>>
>>84410634
Jesus give me a moment and I'll head you in the right direction.
>>
>>84410572
Oh, you're one if those faggots that dropped out of season 5 because your ships didn't happen the way you wanted it to. If not then you obviously haven't been watching the series. Even though I don't watch SU, I can't deny that Rebecca making sure waifu wars don't happen was a good call. Give the MC one waifu, genius.
>>
>>84410572
I fear that if the AT staff were writing the battle they'd have Steven manhandle him.

>Yes because having it strapped onto your backpack is using it.
He took the sword off the hinges it was on and was about use it to kill the source of the music he was hearing.

>"The Music Hole" takes place before "Normal Man,"
whoa whoa since when?
>>
Who would win in a Death Battle: Mabel Pines or Peridot Facet-2F5L Cut-5XG?
>>
>>84410651
Okay because I'm pretty sure tanks beat knives.
>>
>>84410663
>Oh, you're one if those faggots that dropped out of season 5 because your ships didn't happen the way you wanted it to
orrrrr they didn't like the newer, "deep and philosophical" aspect of the show that they had loved for 4 years.
>>
>>84410677
With enhancers Peridot, without enhancers Mabel if she has her grappling hook.
>>
>>84410609
>what's that about?
The circumstances. Finn has been repeatedly frozen by ice elementals, doesn't mean he doesn't kick ass. I just rewatched Stakes recently, and I remember Moon using some sort of mind trick, Finn was able to move, but her power immobilized them. The writters wanted Marcy and PB to be the focus of the miniseries anyway, don't look for Finn's abilites there. Finn isn't the most powerful person in Ooo, but that doesn't mean Steven can beat him.
>>
>>84405392

why does it have to be to the death ;-;

basically stevens bubble will protect him, only for steven to die from dehydration from all the crying he would do because he doesn't want to fight
>>
>>84410572
This is true but Finn's still been getting lots of good moments in season 7 so I think he has a good shot.
>>
>>84410756
Yeah but it's not just Stakes, Marceline could beat Finn too, she and her vampires are just on a higher powerlevel than him.

Who's to say that this isn't the case with the gems and Steven only seems weak by comparison? When Steven's interacting with regular human objects he's suddenly punching cars hard enough to make them think it's crashing and carrying people twice his size without even noticing.
>>
>>84410681
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misericorde_(weapon)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rondel_dagger
http://www.aemma.org/training/armour/armour_top.htm
https://www.quora.com/How-easy-would-it-be-for-one-fully-armoured-knight-to-kill-another-in-single-combat

>4:53
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZNZyhNFSaE
>>
>>84410665
>whoa whoa since when
Use your inferencing, Finn is using the root sword, and isn't in a foul mood. It's obvious the events that happened after "I am a Sword" were picked up after "The Music Hole."
He didn't use the sword, he drew it, and it was because something was distracting him from staring at it. Again, wait until the finale hopefully sorts out this confusion because Finn is seen using the Finn Sword.
>>
>>84410785
name 'em.

>The writters wanted Marcy and PB to be the focus of the miniseries anyway, don't look for Finn's abilites there. Finn isn't the most powerful person in Ooo
Still irks me that they dragged him down that far. Why not just have Finn and Jake fuck off and get themselves killed and have Powerful transformer Marcy and Elemental PB adventures?
>>
>>84410746
Oh, you mean like in season 3 when Ice King was revealed to be a man that went insane? Or how Finn was crying because PB rejected him again?
>>
>>84410819
Okay well, going through those links,
The Misericorde is just for finishing off wounded knights as a form of euthanasia, and the Rondel dagger is explicitly described as a back-up weapon and "a last line of defense".

Like yeah knives are cool and effective but these only seem to support my earlier assertion that they're a last resort.
>>
>>84410861
No I think he means the reincarnation buddhist-but-not-really mumbo jumbo.
>>
File: The Face of a killer.png (213 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
The Face of a killer.png
213 KB, 500x281
Steven is not a fighter, so it would pretty much go like this.

>Deathbattle GO!
>Finn goes in for the swing
>Steven puts up his shield to block it
>Finn hits the shield to resounding CLANG
>Finn tries to slash Steven several more times, but due to Steven's short stature working together to his relatively large shield, Finn only manages to hit Steven's shield again and again.
>Finn goes in for one more swing, to which Steven already is ready to parry it.
>However it is actually a feint, and Finn use the momentum of the swing to do a front flip over Steven and kick him in the back of the head. (Or stabs Steven, killing him instantly)
>Steven is on the ground and in a daze, but not KO'd thanks to his inhuman biology.
>Finn goes in for the final strike, but then Bubble Shield!
>Finn wails on it for a bit, soon realizing that his efforts are met with no progression.

This is where it branches (again), though the results are the same.
>If Finn has that mental arm, he could potentially use it to wail on the Steven's bubble shield until it breaks or at least buries Steven alive, deep underground

>If Finn doesn't have the arm, he immediately starts going berserk and starts screaming wildly. Picking Steven and his bubble shield up, and carrying them while yelling until he reaches either a volcano, a cliff, or the ocean. Regardless of which destination, Finn throws Steven off of or into it.
>If it's a cliff, and Steven somehow manages to survive the fall, you can bet Finn will either roll a boulder right on top of him, or jump down there right after him for a sick downthrust finisher.

Steven may have an OP defense, but Finn is way more resourceful and determined than he is.
>>
>>84410814
I'm not denying that, Marceline could kill Finn or Steven if she felt like it. She can turn invisible, and easily sneak up on them. I'm not using circumstances where Steven is weak. I'm using his best feats and saying it isn't enough. Finn can do all that too, carrying people is nothing for him. He can break bricks over his knees. Regardless, strenght isnt the major factor when it comes to a fight, have you never been in one?
>>
>>84410899
If you read more into them they were used during grapple because they were effective against armour. Just because others used it last (because you can't use weapons at knife range anyway) doesn't make it less effective.
It was massively wide spread and a lot of people used them.
Claiming a shield is more effecive is bat shit. Show ME examples of solo shield now.
>>
>>84410923
>If Finn has that mental arm, he could potentially use it to wail on the Steven's bubble shield until it breaks or at least buries Steven alive, deep underground
The bubble is more likely to just bounce him away to relative safety than actually penetrate the ground.
>>
>>84410956
I dunno, I could kinda see that if the fight took place in an episode of Adventure Time rather then a Steven Universe episode.
>>
>>84410861
Season 3 is definitely not the same as S6 in terms of themes, comedy, characterization and writing in general. Also mostly >>84410920 plus anticlimactic arcs pissing people off.
>>
File: 1467418067600.png (934 KB, 513x1117) Image search: [Google]
1467418067600.png
934 KB, 513x1117
>>84410920
>this causes people to drop out of a show
>>
>>84410986

>unapologetic AT fan

Well this is a rare find
>>
>>84410956
Well that would depend upon the environment they're fighting in, wouldn't it?

Even if Steven did manage to get knocked away instead of being smashed into the dirt, the impact would definitely shake up Steven something fierce.
Steven probably would either start vomiting, or just be KO'd.
Most likely the former.
>>
>>84410947
>If you read more into them they were used during grapple because they were effective against armour.
Yeah but you're not supposed to grapple in armor in the first place, that shit is heavy and you're not exactly unencumbered with your movements. That's why all the regular, not-back up weaponry encouraged keeping your distance from the other guy.

This heavily armored thing is interesting don't get me wrong but it doesn't seem all that consistent with the initial argument which is just two regular blokes, one with a knife, and the other with any sort of blocky object you might call a shield, and who is more likely to beat the shit out of whom.

>It was massively wide spread and a lot of people used them.
Yeah but again, as back up. Unless you're a merchant and in that case you probably don't have the training or physical prowess to do any better (sword, lance, shield) which doesn't matter because you're likely to just want to defend yourself against nasty street people.
>>
>>84410986
Well considering over half of the SU fandom consists of people who dropped AT because of it's bullshit, you're pretty spot on.
>>
what the fuck is happening with Adventue Time anyway? I remember it being super fucking good, but i just kinda stopped watching.
>>
>>84411093
Rebecca Sugar started a bunch of plot threads and themes going and then left the show to do Steven Universe. The other writers tried to pick up where she left off and screwed it all up
>>
>>84411041
Steven as well as his bubble managed getting hit by a rollercoaster without anyone blowing any amount of chunks.

You got to remember most times the bubble broke was either from falling really high distance or getting hit by a Gem-related attack and I'd wager most Gem shit is on a whole other powerlevel.

Like how everyone in Naruto looks like they move in regular speed but actually they're all moving in ninja speed, you just can't tell because there's no non-ninjas to compare them to.
>>
>>84411093
Eh, been carrying on. Form me it stopped being full on great sometime in season 4 but still produces lots of interesting shit to be worth following.
Show definitely changed, and I don't consider it to be for the better.
>>
Peak gear on each? Finn by a mile and a half. Although in theory Steven could bubble Finn, teleport him to the inner sanctum, and shove him in magical superheated lava, he'd never get the chance.

Fusions allowed? Steven becomes DBZ tier at that point and Finn can fuck right off.
>>
>>84411093
Finn and Jake are doing stuff I guess, but most of the remaining fans are more interested in Marceline/Bubblegum/Ice King anyways.
>>
>>84411061
I can attest to that. Adventure Time is definitely getting better though. S7 has been really up there all throughout.
>>
>>84411057
>but you're not supposed to grapple in armor in the first place
Certifiably false. There are treasties dedicated to it. Given the difficulty of killing armed men grappling was one of the better ways of handling things.

I keep telling you to either give me examples of the spefic shield or specific technique examples and yet you can't deliver.
Just say what shield fag.
>>
>>84410982
You guys are babies. Anyway, we are already about to finish season 7, why bring up season 6? Season 6 was terrible, but for different reasons. It was boring. They fely like filler episodes, nothing was really happening, and the intensisty found in season 4 that so many expected was gone, and reverted back to the pointless adventuring. However the adventures were hardly adventures, just exploring unknown places being mainly dialogue based, and if you're going to be dialogue based, it needs be witty. It just wasn't season 7 is a major improvement. More Bubbline but most are over that, also no more Fubblegum, some are still in denial with that.
>>
File: 1466211098787.png (66 KB, 425x258) Image search: [Google]
1466211098787.png
66 KB, 425x258
>>84411061
>Well considering over half of the SU fandom consists of people who dropped AT because of it's bullshit
Considering that the SU fandom is fucking terrible
>>
>>84411114
Fusions would also include Jake suit. So not really friendo.
>>
>>84411154
Remember AT's fanbase circa like 2012?
SU learned it from its mama. Though in the end they managed to be much worse, likely because I think SU was more popular than AT in its prime.
>>
>>84411138
>Certifiably false. There are treasties dedicated to it.
Yeah because you can't avoid it and you need to know what to do in that situation.

Doesn't mean you go out actively wanting to grapple in armor, it's not the desirable way to fight.

>I keep telling you to either give me examples of the spefic shield or specific technique examples and yet you can't deliver.
Yeah because you keep bringing in armored blokes when in my mind this is just some bar brawl where one person is stupid enough to pick a knife while the other guy's got a giant block of fuck you to bash him with.
>>
>>84411108
I completely forgot about that.

In that case Finn would probably just use his mental arm to perform option B (where he carries Steven to a highly hazardous area, and just tosses him in) after realizing the shield's not going to crack. Unless he does the buried alive thing.
>>
>>84411160
Jake is fucking OP, he has the opportunity to be brutal but just doesn't. He can shrink so small you can't see him, he crawls inside you, expands ripping people apart.
>>
>>84411160
>Jake suit
Vs Steven+literally every human and gem ally he has including the Cluster which when formed is fucking planet sized?

If you need some idea of how that would play out, watch the ending to Cabin in the Woods
>>
>>84411186
>In that case Finn would probably just use his mental arm to perform option B (where he carries Steven to a highly hazardous area, and just tosses him in)
I think Steven would just roll away at that point.
>>
>>84411035
I don't think that post was in positive response to anything. Just in response to the people who dropped AT for inane reasons and can't admit that it was mainly just for ships
>>
File: 1425214482335.gif (1 MB, 402x355) Image search: [Google]
1425214482335.gif
1 MB, 402x355
>>84411178
JUST TELL ME THE SHIELD. Armour ONLY came up because you wanted knife examples you fucking sped. You've not substantiated your opinion once while I have time and time again. You clearly know fuck all about historical martial arts and weapons.

Please never voice your opinions in any realistic discussions.
>>
>>84411201
>vs. every wizard and deity in Ooo
We can add as many people as we want if that's what you want to do.
>>
>>84411173
>Remember AT's fanbase circa like 2012?
Pretty comfy really. Hell at least they didn't have an entire board against the very existence of the show.
>likely because I think SU was more popular than AT in its prime.
Fucking kek
>>
>>84411201
Look, if you're giving Steven the entirety of Beach City and that hunk of hands in the earths core then you gotta give Steven Princess Bubblegum and a bunch of wizard BS. And at that point it's just Adventure Time vs Steven Universe and everything gets really silly
>>
>>84411201
Except that would be unstable as fuck and Finn would win because they'd all tumble apart and get stomped. Keep you head canon out of here.
>>
File: 1467429893109.jpg (8 KB, 230x300) Image search: [Google]
1467429893109.jpg
8 KB, 230x300
>>84411173
>likely because I think SU was more popular than AT in its prime.
I think you're fucking delusional.
>>
>>84411209
I don't know how Steven would roll out of Finn's mental arm. That thing can get real huge, and could envelop Steven and his shield entirely.
>>
>>84411246
Not that guy, but it's not? I haven't seen near as much hype for Adventure Time then I did for Steven U.
>>
Finn. He's a really strong kid armed with a pretty lethal weapon. Steven has magical defense and super human strength, but he doesn't have the potential for offense and no where near the speed.
>>
>>84411271
You're a fucking retard then. Adventure time was a force of nature. Steven Universe is big on tumblr. There's a MASSIVE difference.
>>
>>84411148
>More Bubbline but most are over that, also no more Fubblegum, some are still in denial with that.
Bring ships into it will you, you cunt closet bubblinefag. #triggered
>>
>>84411232
Adventure Time became a household name.
Whereas I don't know any kids that watch SU, much less college students.
>>
>>84411246
Look around nigga, only thing AT beat it in was ratings and back then everything on CN got way better ratings.
The SU fanbase is way bigger.

I don't even like the show much but I acknowledge that it's huge and annoying fanbase exists.
>>
>>84411246
All shows have lost total viewers since they aired. SU gets around 1.8-2 million viewers, and AT gets about 1.2 million. The highest rated episode of AT recieved 3.5 million, that was in its prime. Prime AT recieved 2-3 million viewers.
>>
>>84411219
>JUST TELL ME THE SHIELD. Armour ONLY came up because you wanted knife examples you fucking sped.
The only time I asked you for anything like that is when I got confused about why you kept talking about "heavily armored combat" and how Google only brought up tanks. Which meant you kept bringing up armor for whatever reason. I didn't ask for knife examples or nothing like that, I just didn't understand why you kept talking about tanks.

>You've not substantiated your opinion once while I have time and time again
Look it's simple.

All you've done is told me a person with a knife CAN beat a person with a shield. It's certainly POSSIBLE. But that's not the same as it being the more practical option.

If I told you a specific shield I could tell you're going to imagine a really specific scenario where one person is standing like this and the other person is standing like that and narrate a play-by-play where the knife person does some fancy maneuver but frankly I'm saving you the effort because that wouldn't convince me because any sort of explanation of that nature would need to take so many things for granted before it could work.
>>
>>84411224
I'm simply treating them as equipment.

And I excluded them in the first place.

I'm not the dumb motherfucker that said Finn could win if you bring in fusion.
>>
>>84411255
Well a mental arm sounds like magic.

Whether or not Steven would dispell it I guess would depend on his emotional state at the time.
>>
>>84411295
What? It's pretty obvious Fubblegum is dead, Bubbline is the primary ship so far. "Dont Look" pretty much confirmed that. Finn sees PB as a bro, and doesn't show any signs of interest. Finnceline has been dead since season 2. "Go With Me"? Both admitted they didn't want to date
>>
>>84409867
Finn is a regular human boy with an iron will and a murderous drive to win. That's it.
>>
File: 1441330278080.png (181 KB, 303x311) Image search: [Google]
1441330278080.png
181 KB, 303x311
>>84411319
>I think shields are infallible so I will ignore how people could would and did approach them in lieu of my own imagination
>>
>>84411347
He's survived direct contact with lava and regularly lifts hundreds of times his own weight
>>
>>84411347
Except he's extremely durable and strong
>>
>>84411271
How many games has Steven Universe got?
>>
>>84411324
wrong anon?
>>
>>84411173
Nah its terrible because /co/ just became worse in recent years. Also I'm not sure if it was because of the time it premiered but /co/ was largely more accepting of AT back then then they were of SU now.
>>84411301
Here's your reply.
>>84411271
Nope. SU is a definite hot topic now but its nowhere close to AT at its peak mostly because there wasn't much topic of discussion in regards to cartoons back then outside Korra sucking and because it ushered in a new era of creator driven animation which unironically marked CN's current decline in quality as they pick up any show with the same aesthetic.
>>
>>84411397
Tbh our games have unironically shitty titles, bringing them up is embarassing. Bring up the movie that will have a theatrical release instead.
>>
>>84411370

Look pal, you can grab onto that single lava example all you want but that doesn't make all the other numerous times he's been shown to have normal human resistance disappear, much less out weight them>>84411370
>>
>>84411368
It's just that all that style of argument offers is for me to narrate my special story where the shield person anticipates the fancy knife maneuver and bashes his wrist in.

It's not really an argument you're just describing a scenario where the knife person COULD win which is all well and good but I'd still pick a big block of wood if I had to only choose between those two options, it's heavier, it's got reach, and I can bash a skull in with it. The less complicated the fighting style, the more reliable it is, and while I'm sure that a special super experienced fighter would see it as really predictable, in the end we're talking about two random guys and how likely one will beat up the other and the one who is less reliant on technique is the one more likely to come up on top because he wouldn't NEED it.
>>
>>84405392

>a slow tough human that relies on defense, charisma and luck versus a superhuman that relies on offense, quick thinking and deadly weapons
>in an immediate battle to the death where charisma does not apply, luck is hardly relevant and defense only slows down the inevitable

Why even ask this question? Finn basically has Steven beaten in every single relevant category.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 52

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.