[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I know I'm setting myself up for disappointment here, but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 3
File: this.jpg (17 KB, 180x279) Image search: [Google]
this.jpg
17 KB, 180x279
I know I'm setting myself up for disappointment here, but I'm looking forward to this.
>>
>>84401234
they're all good characters except for tykeclops

although admittedly I haven't read Cho as Hulk yet
>>
I'm super excited for it
>>
>>84401271
>except for tykeclops
He's still Cyclops, anon. Even a younger and worse in every way Cyclops is still one of the best characters Marvel has by default.
>>
>>84401302
The cyclops faggotry meme needs to stop. You're getting to be as obnoxious as doomfags and batfags.
>>
>>84401271
Chulk is fun.
>>
>>84401302
I dunno Anon, have you READ Lee's X-Men? Because that's where he comes from.
>>
>>84401271
>although admittedly I haven't read Cho as Hulk yet
You should check out TAHulk. It's one of the better ANAD books. At least the first arc, since it has Cho on art and the Cho/Miles bantz there made me hope they'd end up on a team together.

Hopefully Waid doesn't fuck it up. This is a fantastic team roster but Ramos isn't going to be doing him any favors.
>>
>>84401332

oh man now I want like an Exiles team and all the characters talk like the era they're from. Lee Spidey or FF, Claremont X-Men, Miller DD, stuff like that.
>>
>>84401234
It's Mark Waid writing young characters, something that he isn't the best at every since he caught the SJW bug.
>>
>>84401302
no he's terrible and everything wrong with lazy comicbook writing

fuck everything about All-New X-Men
>>
>>84401234
>Viv is still alive

I have no idea what to feel.
>>
>>84401234
I think Champions will be great. Actually, most of Marvel Now looks good except for Bendis' Iron Man books.
>>
>>84401425
To be fair, even Vision has been repaired after being destroyed. We don't know the context for her being there.
>>
>>84401439
What else is even announced for the reboot?
>>
>>84401492
>Invincible Iron Man (Bendis/Caselli)
>Infamous Iron Man (Bendis/Maleev)
>Champions (Waid/Ramos)
>Unworthy Thor (Aaron/Coipel)
>Captain Marvel (Stohl/Rosanas)
>Great Lakes Avengers (Gorman/Robson)
>Solo (TBA)
>Dr. Strange and the Sorcerors Supreme (TBA)

I think that's everything so far.
>>
File: usavengers-cover-full.jpg (252 KB, 800x1233) Image search: [Google]
usavengers-cover-full.jpg
252 KB, 800x1233
>>84401492
>>84401602
Oh wait, how could I forget the best one:
>USAvengers (Ewing/Medina)
>>
>>84401602
Don't forget USAvengers.
>>
>>84401492
>reboot

it's not a reboot, just another slew of renumberings and new titles, just like every year
>>
>>84401234
>Ramos

Shame, looked promising
>>
>>84401633
ten million years of hype
>>
>>84401315
>as obnoxious as doomfags
That's literally impossible.
>>
>>84401602
Wow. Marvel just keeps pumping out new shit titles and rebooting others. Most of their stuff is now barely readable.

It makes me sad as a long time Marvel fan that it's so bad.
>>
>>84401271
>>84401234
A good team and promo picture means fuck all. I still haven't recovered from the travesty that was New Ultimates, and this seems as if it's going to be going down the same lines as it
>>
>>84401390
I liked his solo book where he was in space. When he's away from the other time displaced O5, he's fun to read.
>>
>>84401234
It's like Marvel finally decided "Fuck it, there's never gonna be a better Cyclops costume than the 90's one" but they don't want to come out and admit it
>>
>>84401784
his short-lived solo was decent because it was written by a good writer

Waid's recent output has been....less than stellar, if we want to be diplomatic
>>
File: champions-1.jpg (223 KB, 511x790) Image search: [Google]
champions-1.jpg
223 KB, 511x790
>>84401234
Why do they look like "mean kids" ?

Scott looks skinny as hell, somebody give him a hamburger please!

Viv looks like a really mean rich girl!
>>
>>84401602
Mosiac
>>
>>84401906
It's Ramos, don't go in expecting good art

Also Cyke's nickname used to be "Slim", if that makes it any easier for you
>>
>>84401234
The potential is there. I liked the kids in Waidvengers.
>>
>>84401649
>every year
New generations of fans are coming that don't realize this is just Alonso's fuckery, and prior to 2012 was not a yearly thing by a long shot.

This makes me almost as sad as realizing most comic book fans today weren't reading comics while Jean was alive, and only know her through occasional cameos and Teen Jean.
>>
>>84401949

Remember when /co/ got mad Cho drew Scott skinny in some AvX shit
>>
>>84401817
His All-New, All Different Avengers was scattered, but the best part of it was whenever it focused on the younger members. Everyone wanted to see Waid just focus on a book dedicated specifically to them, since that was clearly better than most stuff he put out lately--not that this is saying much, of course.

I'm cautiously optimistic. I always loved seeing X-Men characters like Iceman, Angel and Beast on different team books like this.
>>
>>84402214
>New generations of fans are coming that don't realize this is just Alonso's fuckery, and prior to 2012 was not a yearly thing by a long shot.

I don't know what you're talking about, it's a great model based on television. "Seasons"!
It's brilliant
>>
I know Waid/Ramos can be a good combo, but Waid's output other than a couple arcs of Daredevil has been uninspired lately.

I'm willing to give it a shot because he says he's determined to make Cyclops cool again, but I doubt it will happen.
>>
>>84402307
>I'm willing to give it a shot because he says he's determined to make Cyclops cool again,

Cyclops is still cool despite editorial's efforts to the contrary
>>
>>84401302
He is Bendis cyclops, not cyclops
>>
>>84401602
None of these I'm interested in
>>84401633
Except this.
>>
I just wanna know who the robotgirl is going to end up with. I'd say Cho but I could see Sam swooping in if Ms.Marvel goes black.
>>
Champions gotta have a mutie in it I guess. Got the Sam, Kamala, Miles combo in it so that's a great base.

I do love Viv, maybe if they do Cho/Viv. Yeah... that would make sense and be cool.
>>
>>84402454
>>84402457
Viv/Cho mind
>>
>Chulk and Miles again
>Not written by Pak
Hype drops
>>
>>84402457
>>84402482
>>84402482
>>84402454
>shippers

fuck off to tumblr please and thank you
>>
>>84402457
>Mutant, mutate, Inhuman, Nova, synthozoid, Hulk
They have just about anything.
>>
>>84402523
You know, if you don't like romantic plots there are plenty of ways you can say that constructively, but the idea that a teen book wouldn't have them is a bit absurd.
>>
>>84402283
That's what a writer's run on a title should be.
>>
>>84402662
I'm sorry if I lowered the level of discourse around here

it was a kneejerk reaction
>>
>>84402570
>Mutant, mutate, Inhuman, Nova, synthozoid, Hulk
>Euro-American, Afro-American/Hispanic, Pakistani-American, a coconut, Asian-American, and a fucking toaster.
>>
>>84402457
>Got the Sam, Kamala, Miles combo in it so that's a great base
I would argue that it should just be those three so the team doesn't feel too complicated. Ultimates with Jess, Miles, Kitty, Cloak and Dagger fell into that trap.

Just as long as they don't go too romancy between the trio so that the third doesn't become like a third wheel in everything. Still will wait to see what happens with this cast.
>>
>>84402726
don't worry about it, it's nearly impossible to lower the level of discourse around here.
>>
>>84402892
>fucking toaster.
MADE IN USA
>>
>>84402892
If you want to avoid even euro-americans you would be left with a team of Native Americans
>>
>>84401234
The rooster is so degenerate
>>
>>84403020
How many of those has Marvel?
3?
>>
>>84403119
sounds about right
>>
>>84403047
The star that is on Nova's helmet may look like a crest, but I don't see actual chickens in that cover.
Did they announce that the group would have a feathered mascot?
>>
>>84403119
A few more, I think

They have those two brother X-Men, one of which was one of the "original seconds" but died early later

I remember that there was one that had appeared in the Norman Osborn's Thunderbolts as a target for them. I think his name was American Eagle

There is the one that had received an ANAD ongoing but was cancelled almost immediately

Also I remember one Indian Ghost Rider
>>
>>84401633

If Dani Moonstar ends up replacing Danielle Cage as I read someone comment I'll be ejaculating for years to come
>>
it's so weird to basically barely read comics nowadays except for binging on illegal sites every once in awhile. Like I enjoy what I've seen from tykeclops but I've barely read anything from him. I enjoy Bendis' Iron Man, it's the only good work he's done in ages. Though he writes Tony wrong. He writes good doom in a way that I totally buy it tho.
>>
>>84401602
>Invincible Iron Man (Bendis/Caselli)
>Infamous Iron Man (Bendis/Maleev)
Ewww no.

>Champions (Waid/Ramos)
I like the characters but Waid is so hit and miss and he hasn't been that great lately and I don't trust him to write Viv that well.

>>Unworthy Thor (Aaron/Coipel)
Aaron was a decent Thor writer until Whor happened, maybe he's better with the Odinson? I dunno but Coipel kind of makes me want to check this out.

>Captain Marvel (Stohl/Rosanas)
The Black Widow: Forever Red writer, great this is going to be another boring run with Carol.

>Great Lakes Avengers (Gorman/Robson)
Looking forward to this just because it's the GLA, and Gorman was good in the Rick and Morty comic but

>Will Robson
I fucking hated his art in the Star-Lord comic but that's mainly because his Star-Lord looked like shit and Dogfucker's writing was shit but I am willing to give him another chance.

>Solo (TBA)
Not enough info but I'll want to check out just because it's Solo and it's something different.

>Dr. Strange and the Sorcerors Supreme (TBA)
Eeeeh

>>84401633
>USAvengers (Ewing/Medina)
Definitely buying this
>>
>>84403474
cool thanks for the update, where to I click to subscribe to your blog?
>>
>>84403261
There was a Doctor Strange arc in the 90s that was full of random Native American characters. It was a very special issue
>>
If Waid weren't writing it, I would be more excited for it.
>>
>>84401234
I just don't have much faith in Waid atm.

Its like he blew his creative load on Daredevil #25
>>
>>84401234
Money on one of the dudes sleeps with Vi.
>>
>>84401633
The looks absolutely awful.
>>
>>84403696
My money's on Cyclops.
>>
>>84403714
Why?
>>
>>84401633
Flash Thompson better end up joining this team at some point.
>>
>>84402454
Ideally, Nova. We've been meme-ing about Vision blackmailing Sam into taking Viv to prom that if we work our meme magic a bit harder, we could probably make it happen.
>>
>>84401234
Waid's a pretty shitty writer nowadays who drank the EVIL WHITE MEN Kool-Aid and Ramos is a shit-tier artist.
>>
>>84403714
>This looks absolutely based
Fixed that for you. You've gotta watch for those typos, man.
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.