[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>C-List team with Songbird, Wiccan, Hulkling, among others
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: epicmeem.png (331 KB, 600x285) Image search: [Google]
epicmeem.png
331 KB, 600x285
>C-List team with Songbird, Wiccan, Hulkling, among others is selling the same as the main GotG title
>all the GotG solo titles bombed

What went wrong?
>>
>>84398937
the movie was a pretty long time ago

so good thing they're relaunching it right before another movie to raise sales
>>
>>84398937
The solo titles were a mistake.
The main title is shit, and has gone stale story-wise.
The members of the team aren't popular enough to justify a solo.
>>
>>84398937
Because Ewing actually knows who the characters are and writes them well, while Bendis probably doesn't know fuck all about the Guardians?
>>
>>84399085
>Ewing actually knows who the characters are and writes them well
>Maker
Kek
>>
>>84398937
>Movie creates some mainstream hype for the characters.
Quick! Replace the main character with my wifu and have two breakout characters go to their own book.

The established readers? Forget about them. They will surely keep reading the comic after we disregard previous continuity. If not all the new readers will surely compensate for their loss!

Honestly DC and Marvel just have the worst timing. It seems like they are always replacing the main character or something just like that when people could be getting interested in the comic thanks to a movie.

Like how Steve was still an old an when his recent movie came out.
>>
Marvel was convinced they were onto the Next Big ThingTM after the movie was so successful, so they did what they do every time they think they're onto the Next Big Thing: milk it until it dies.
>>
>>84399132
Did you see what Bendis did to him when he wrote him? Or did you forget Cataclysm, where he literally changed his entire outlook after alternate universe shit?
>>
>>84398937
You're forgetting that "C-List" team you mentioned also has Hawkeye and Maker, among other popular characters. As well as a little word on its title that is "Avengers".

Don't try to blow things out of proportion. All the GotG solo may have bombed but the main title still has good numbers.
>>
>>84399322
Perlmutter still hasn't give up on the Inhumans even if people still don't give a half-shit about it.
>>
>>84398937
I don't know what are you trying to prove here.

First you mention a book that movie hype helped greatly, then you say movie hype doesn't help C-list books like Guardians.

I'm confused, is this a stealth Bendis hate thread?
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.