[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the best version of The Walking Dead?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: walkingdead.png (722 KB, 866x372) Image search: [Google]
walkingdead.png
722 KB, 866x372
What is the best version of The Walking Dead?
>>
The game.
>>
>>84395309
The first season of the game.
>>
>>84395350
This.
Comics are shit but Negan best character, show's shit, season 2 of the game's shit.
I didn't bother with 500 Days, I'm not bothering with Michonne, and I'm sure as hell not bothering with season 3 unless there's rave reviews.
>>
>>84395309
comic, though s1 of the game is dope. I'm gonna get hate for this, but the show is pretty fun as disposable junk with high production values.
>>
>>84396785

> but the show is pretty fun as disposable junk with high production values

It's fine when you binge-watch a season after it's done, but I genuinely can't watch it week-to-week. So little happens per episode that the only way I can get any emotional connection to anything going on is through watching it in large chunks.
>>
>>84395309
If you count only the best moments, it's definitely the comic.

Overall though, I have to agree with >>84395346 >>84395350.
>>
>>84395309
>rewatch the first episode of the show
>little zombie girl walks towards her stuffed rabbit, picks it up, and walks off
>Morgan's zombie wife actually tries to use the doorknob.

Did they not know what they wanted to do with the zombies until the show started or something?
>>
>>84397460
It's fairly obvious they decided to nerf the walkers after the first season. One of them climbs a ladder in the second episode.
>>
>>84395309
The first game is good, but the comics does a better job with the characters. Plenty of good characters, while in game you have 1 or 2.
>>
>>84395309
Comics > Game > Show
>>
Game S1 = Comic >> Game S2 > TV Show >>>>>>>>> TV Show S2
>>
File: Telltale writing.gif (3 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
Telltale writing.gif
3 MB, 320x240
>>84395309
The game, before you realize how pointless your choices are.
>>
>>84397929
S2 of the show was the most boring television series I ever had to sit through.
>>
I wish I could see how Shane would react to current Rick, or atleast how all the characters are now.

Both the show and comic
>>
>>84395394
400 Days was actually pretty decent, better than season 2, and filled with interesting stories, characters, and plot threads that ended up going nowhere in season 2.
>>
>>84398535
What is it that makes the show post season one so boring?

Never watched the show myself past episode one.
>>
>>84399456
Your Movie Sucks did a good video series on it.
Essentially, they kicked off the original creator after season 1, cut the budget in half, and expected twice as many episodes to be produced. amc also did other bullshit like request that half of all scenes be shot indoors as to make it easier to shoot.
it's possible that dale was killed off due to him getting a role in the new show by the old director.
>>
Honestly, the game made me feel the most. The comic is decent. The show is just mediocre enough to keep me going.
>>
>>84399534
The director left after season 1 because amc asked the director of Mad Men to take a budget cut to help Walking Dead. Mad men director refused so Darabont left Walking Dead and the show's budget was slashed. All in all, it wasn't too bad.
>>
>>84397460
Darabont wanted to do something different with the zombies, iirc. That's one of the reasons why he left, creative differences and lack of budget.
>>
Telltale's Season 1

The original comic lost steam fairly quickly and the show started sucking immediately after the first episode.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.