[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So apparently Warner really wants the Flash to be their teen
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3
File: images.jpg (26 KB, 512x287) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
26 KB, 512x287
So apparently Warner really wants the Flash to be their teen appear character in terms of fone, language, music, all that. Rick Famuyiwa was picked because the whole aesthetic of "Dope" is something they want as a template.

Do you guys think they can pull it off? Or will it be "How do you do, fellow kids: The movie"?
>>
>>84394983
Dunno, it's hard to tell when there's really no details yet for a film which has not began filming.
>>
>>84395001
This, desu senpai.

It still might not even happen. Or it might get drastically changed. The shit's on even on my radar yet.

But it better be damn different from that horrible fucking TV show if it doesn't want to draw in a terrible autistic fanbase that'll put off normies.
>>
>>84394983
>Rick Famuyiwa was picked because the whole aesthetic of "Dope" is something they want as a template.
>Do you guys think they can pull it off? Or will it be "How do you do, fellow kids: The movie"?

Except for the casting of Ezra and Momoa, Time Warner seems to be giving Fumiyawa and Wan carte blanche for their films.

For them to be so hands free with Snyder on BvS I actually hope they'll continue that trend.
>>
>>84394983
>their teen appear character in terms of fone
But who was fone?
>>
No one says "dope" anymore unless they're intentionally trying to sound like a "how do you do, fellow kids" type.
>>
>>84395094
>Except for the casting of Ezra and Momoa, Time Warner seems to be giving Fumiyawa and Wan carte blanche for their films.
>For them to be so hands free with Snyder on BvS I actually hope they'll continue that trend.
I really, really hope that the Flash and Aquaman both turn out to be good, along with everything else Snyder hasn't touched yet.
>>
>>84395094
After BvS and looking at Justice League though, I think WB is reconsidering giving every director Carte Blance.

Famuyiwa and Wan as directors are on a different level than Snyder, though.
>>
>>84395199
Speaking as a teenager (if 19 counts), people in my area say "dope" all the time
>>
>>84395236
>only Snyder is on a leash
>the only new rule is that it should be "fun" anf "balanced"
>>
>>84395049
They're aping it. It is known.
>>
>>84395049
t. Butthurt Gotham fan
>>
>>84395199
Pretty sure Anon was talking about the movie Rick Famuyiwa directed beforehand.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dope_(2015_film)
>>
>>84395094
Famuyiwa was picked because he could work off of Seth Grahame-Smith's script so as to not delay production. Doesn't really sound like they have full creative control, though they have plenty.
>>
>>84395236
To be fair, none of the directors involved so far have had the power that Snyder has had.
>>
>>84395200
But, anon... Snyder has already touched all of them.
>>
>>84395199

The movie is intentionally a throwback to 90's style.
>>
>>84394983
I could see flash being good for "cool teens" seeing as XMEN quicksilver was the coolest teen in that movie

But I don't see how a teen is going to be a police scientist. Would work better for a Wally movie.

Barry was a nerd and "nerd culture" is kinda cool so..I guess it could work???
>>
>>84395094
I'd rather WB just let the directors do whatever they want.

Maybe its not good from a "shared universe" standpoint but Shared Universe is garbage and frankly Marvel already has that covered.

and DC is better NOT being shared.
>>
>>84394983
I don't think they can pull it off since everything they've done so far in this franchise has been crap. They're 0 - 2.
>>
>>84395320
Well he's already introduced most of them in one way or another, and if they haven't been formally introduced to the audience, they will be in JL. But even still, I really do hope he's out after JL, which is a possibility, meaning the only other movie he'll have had really had his hands producing will have been WW. Aquaman, the Flash, and the rest will start production after JL is finished.
>>
File: drop dead.jpg (39 KB, 650x300) Image search: [Google]
drop dead.jpg
39 KB, 650x300
>>84395373
>>
>>84394983
Why don't they just do a Blue Beetle movie? It has everything they need. Teenager? Check. Diversity points? Check. The whole, "Why are they letting a kid fight?" situation is handled by how his armor puts him on par with some of the most powerful supers on the planet. Chances to introduce other elements of the greater DC universe? He regularly interacts with the JLI and the Green Lantern core, plus we can introduce Maxwell Lord--a goof villain for a crisis crossover film--through him as well.
>>
>>84395712
The problem is that no-one knows who Blue Beetle is and, unlike when Iron Man was released, everyone has super-hero fatique.

He deserves a place in the spotlight though, he's a better, more iconic character than Cyborg and could have filled his role in JL movies.
>>
>>84395859
>everyone has super-hero fatique.

steven pls
>>
>>84395301
I'm so happy Seth is off the picture.
>>
>>84395712
You're gonna get Blue and Gold and like it, kid.
>>
Dope was incredibly mediocre, but it sure looked nice. So we'll see what happens, I don't have a strong opinion one way or the other.
>>
I just don't want it to be completely different from the comics.
I don't want Allen to be a weed smoking weeb. Maybe it can be good, but it won't be the clean, well ordered, straight guy Barry Allen
>>
>>84395859
Nobody knew who the Guardians of the Galaxy were but look how that turned out.
>>
>>84396325
what?
>>
>>84395712
Why not do a Teen Titans movie and include Blue Beetle?All as Titans movie needs to be successful is a similar tone to the Avengers(edge and be writers always screwed the franchise anyways)
>>
>>84397452

But that leads to my main problem with DC's formula for it's new cinematic universe: They use the crossover films to set things up rather than celebrate what they've accomplished. The reason stuff like Suicide Squad was so cool in the comics was because you'd already seen what these characters were capable of. Using their teamup to set them up kind of takes something away from that.
>>
>>84397261
It's Ted and Kord, if you weren't aware.

>>84397170

Marvel had the advantage of being a popular brand though, something DC doesn't have yet with their super heroes.
>>
>>84397579
*and Booster Gold
>>
>>84394983
If everybody is into their thirties plus wonder woman, having cyborg and flash be the two young, barely out of college, twenty somethings, plus good acting, they can do a good job of showing a big difference in attitude between the characters

Batman is going through his midlife crisis
Aquamarine has to deal with ruling a kingdom
Flash is going through his quarter life crisis, cyborg is generally freaking out because that's what cyborg does,and wonder woman thinks it's all cute because she's older than all of them combined
>>
>>84397537
They can't follow the Marvel model because they don't have the patience and they don't need to follow the Marvel model because it'll net them more money if Batman and Joker are in more movies.

If WB knew what they were doing they'd focus on individual storylines that feature multiple heros rather than hammering out boring origin stories before "get together to stop the blue guy" for the third time in recent memory.
>>
>>84397537
True,if things were different we would have had a Batman movie and another Superman movie before Dawn of Justice.

I get the feeling that DC is just going to produce movies until they hopefully get a hit and then base their cinematic universe around that successful movie.
>>
>>84397924

>They can't follow the Marvel model because they don't have the patience

And it's just too late. No one wants to watch six movies to get to the "good stuff" again, whether it's DC or Universal Monsters or fucking Robert Ludlum books or Robin Hood.

DC isn't bombing solely because of the pure popularity of their IP, but everyone else is getting a cold dose of reality.
>>
>>84397579
I know who they are but I wasn't aware people were pushing for them instead of Jaime. The obscurity isn't what bugs me but the fact that Jaime would be much easier to sell amongst a modern mainstream crowd
>>
>>84397995
You can't believe that with good writing they couldn't properly set up their universe.
>>
>>84398310

They could, but I'm not holding my breath.
>>
>>84395199
People say it all the time still. both to refer to drug and as an exclamation. Also the usage of the word Dope in the OP is actually the title of a recent movie by the director of The Flash.
>>
>>84394983
I genuinely hope Suicide Squad bombs so JL is the last Snyder raped comic book movie.
>>
>>84401211
Snyder is probably gone regardless of the outcome of Suicide Sqaud and JL.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.