[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why did this fail? I watched the cartoon and read all of the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
why did this fail? I watched the cartoon and read all of the tie-in books, it was superb. Is it because autists didn't like the mexican superman?
>>
File: gods and monsters.jpg (81 KB, 680x316) Image search: [Google]
gods and monsters.jpg
81 KB, 680x316
>>84394923
>why did this fail?

The dark tone was offputting and many incorrectly assumed the series would be edgy tryhard garbage.

Mind you it came out when DC was at full Snyder and there's been a lot of blowback towards that.
>>
>>84394923
Casuals didn't like that it featured new characters, so it had low sales and discouraged future attempts.
>>
>>84395719
>featured new characters

They were the same characters, just different.
>>
File: Uncle Scrooge # 12 IDW 32.jpg (50 KB, 299x393) Image search: [Google]
Uncle Scrooge # 12 IDW 32.jpg
50 KB, 299x393
Did it fail? It's hard to tell how well any of these DTV movies do relative to each other.
>>
>>84394923
Did it fail? I thought it was excellent and have heard nothing but good things.
>>
>>84394923
>not muh justice league
>>
>>84395740
>>84395745
As learned from Wonder Woman, anything that sells even a single dollar less than Batman or JL is a failure, even if it ends up making more money over time and outdoes you current Batman/JL drivel.
>>
>not the usual Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman
>people feared that it would be extremely dark and edgy
>it's an AU
>not based on an existing story
lots of reasons it failed
>>
>>84395729
Not even that. They were literally already existing characters but written with a differing backstory/personal history. And it worked well.
>>
>>84397121
>not based on an existing story

Justice League War was based on an existing story and that was hot garbage and easily the worst DC animated movie since before New Frontier started their current line(well I guess current current started with War but hopefully I'm making sense).
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.