[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
the hub
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4
File: censored memorial.jpg (143 KB, 1764x978) Image search: [Google]
censored memorial.jpg
143 KB, 1764x978
what went wrong
>>
being a premium channel
>>
>>84392541

Word.
>>
and an even better question
did they just not have any of the people from the hub work on the shitshow that is discovery family
>>
>>84392522
>Dan Vs.
shouldve been one of those 10 min episodes instead of 20
>TF Prime
Grimdark and edgy
>GI Joe Renegades
almost the same
>Kaijudo
not bad, but it had to end as well
>Aquabats
for babies?
>>
>>84392860
because last time i posted it it got deleted so i censored it
>>
>>84392541
basically this

it wasn't in a lot of the base level cable packages and i think some cable providers didnt even offer it.

even if offered at a base level it still had to compete with several of the Nickelodeon, disney/abc kid specific channels
>>
>>84392522
Increasing competition in the children's media landscape, other major toy companies refusing to purchase advertising space on the channel which prevented them from airing advertisements directed at their core audience, and Discovery Communications staff being unable to provide their full attention to the channel due to other failed ventures they were dealing with.
>>
>>84392841
>aquabats
>for babies
You must be anti-fun
>>
>>84392860
Because the mods interpret the ban on MLP to be absolute.
>>
>>84393191
>MLP is a cartoon
>It's a offence to post it on a board for cartoons

I still don't get this
>>
>>84393315
Because 5 years ago people spammed it and trolled with it and people got mad.
>>
>>84393315
I'm guessing you weren't browsing 4chan yet in 2011.
>>
File: Beartato played too much TF2.jpg (120 KB, 797x629) Image search: [Google]
Beartato played too much TF2.jpg
120 KB, 797x629
>>84393356
>tfw /co/ was my first board in 2011

God sent me a sign to get out of this place and ignored it
>>
>>84393315
It has a containment board for a reason.
>>
>>84393386
People got triggered by pastel horses.
>>
>>84393448
I haven't been on /co/ for a while, is barneyfag still alive?
>>
>>84393478
Isn't he posting on /v/ regularly?
>>
>>84393478
Yes but I haven't seen him the last few days
>>
>>84393483
I wouldn't know about /v/. I just know that he's on /g/ too.
>>
>>84393483
What I wanna know is why he never posts on /tg/ they have the smooze in slime threads all the time
>>
>>84393478
He was gone for awhile after his mobile network was finally rangebanned but now he's back and still burning through proxies.
>>
>>84393478
>is barneyfag still alive?
The original guy stopped doing it but uploaded all his shitposting material so asshats from /v/ decided to do the jobs themselves
>>
>>84392841
Nah, Dan Vs. was fine as it was, though I agree that some episodes worked better with the format than others.

But what they should have needed was slightly less awful animation.
>>
>>84392841
>grimdark and edgy

Is this in itself bad?
>>
>>84392841
>TF Prime
>Grimdark and edgy
Freaking Beast Wars was edgier than Prime, and you people eat that up.
>>
File: 1414817804346.jpg (370 KB, 579x567) Image search: [Google]
1414817804346.jpg
370 KB, 579x567
>>84393599
>he believes barneyfag left 4chan and people are posting as him

I think you need to see this, anon.

https://kiwifar.ms/threads/barneyfag-x86x2-revved.10780/
>>
>>84392860
because >>>/mlp/ exists and we don't want to be reminded of the literal manchildren that inhabit it
>>
>>84394084

Beast Wars had intense episodes but wasn't a a badly written pretentious mess under the delusion it was mature, which is what Prime was, Prime is the 11-year old kid's idea of what mature is, thus grimdark.

Prime is the same terrible show that starts episode 1 with a hero dying to look edgy then the very next episode has a 11 year old kid hack the pentagon. While the good guys are now getting hit by laser shots without anything happen. Up it's ass, bad plotting, irregular tone, that is what grimdark and edgy is. It's a result of lack direction and bluster.
>>
File: laughing animals.png (2 MB, 1401x543) Image search: [Google]
laughing animals.png
2 MB, 1401x543
>>84394786
>this is what Beastbabies actually really seriously fucking believe
>>
>>84394645
We don't get much autism on /mlp/ (no more then /co/ anyway

It's other websites that are the problem
>>
>>84394645
But isn't 4chan inhabited by autistic manchildren anyway?
>>
>>84394786
I think you've generally hit on Prime's key flaws, but it had its moments. The Treasure hunts where everyone was split up arc, while contrived in premise, provided a lot of fun character interaction and cool fight scenes. Plus Ratchet had a great evolution through the show, and the voice acting and animation was generall on point.

Some dudes treat it like the worst thing that ever happened, really Prime is a whole lot of wasted potential but with a lot of bright points that was generally entertaining if you don't think too hard.

Beast wars on the other hand, while good, is vastly overrated by the fan base. Many forget that much of the first season was, well, forgettable, and the "activation codes" are so cringeworthy.

Let's not forget the cavalier way several characters were killed and then forgotten about. Like, what the hell was that? Those guys already had a limited number of character models. Why waste them?

Furthermore the fight choreography leaves a lot to be desired.

i liked Beast Machines more
>>
>>84393494
Just remembered I found him on /an/ once too
>>
>>84392841
>Aquabats
>for babies
you dense motherfucker.
>>
>>84394786
You do realize 90% of Beast Wars darker/tragic elements all share the writing decision of "Hasbro stopped producing this toy. Kill the character off."
>>
Backing little girl shows instead of keeping the line up diverse.
>>
>>84394910
No one will really remember Prime or care about it in another 10 years.
>>
>>84396126
And so was the the 86 movie, yet that doesn't stop people from feeling Optimus' death as very emotional and tragic. Execution goes a long way.
>>
>>84392841
>TF Prime

>Grimdark

No it wasn't.
>>
>>84392841
It had BTAS though, and that was how I saw it all the way through the first time.
yeah yeah, I know it's available online, but not at tv quality
>>
>>84392541

seriously they needed to push harder in being more available.
>>
>>84395124

I agree with you about Prime.

disagree about Beast Wars and Beast Machines.
>>
>>84392841
I think you really lost everyone at Aquabats and showed how much of an idiot you are
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.