[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So in DC Rebirth #1, we are introduced to giant flying techno-organic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: rebirth.jpg (115 KB, 600x415) Image search: [Google]
rebirth.jpg
115 KB, 600x415
So in DC Rebirth #1, we are introduced to giant flying techno-organic black insectoid eldritch thing called a Reaper. It can mind control people to force them to do its bidding, it is "harvesting" humans ostensibly to protect them from a greater threat, it says humanity's time is up implying that they wait until a certain time to do this and that this has happened before, and it's the vanguard of an entire army/fleet of said creatures.

Was this an intentional reference or was it just a coincidence?
>>
>>84392107

we call it "rip-off".
>>
>>84392107
never played Mass Effect but didn't Bioware ruin it's story by fucking up the villains in the second and third game?
>>
>>84392347
No, just the third.
>>
>>84392347
End of the third game, yeah. Then again, the story was never really about the villains, they were always just an obstacle with little characterization to be overcome by the plucky gang of heroes.
>>
>>84392107
What I want to know is can Aquaman talk to things with his ability like fish, or does he control them? In Aquaman Rebirth it said that it was misunderstood and that fish weren't intelligent enough to talk and he just commanded them.
>>
>>84392347
The ending to the third was very anti-climatic. It didn't deserve quite the backlash it got, but it wasn't good. Mass Effect was all about the side quests anyhow.
>>
>>84392428
It's Hitch's idiocy, pay no attention to it. You'll notice how Diana wields lightning and that's following up his previous JLA and that's not shown anywhere else. He climbed on Bendisdozer and gives no fuck about continuity and powers.
>>
>>84392451
The worst part of 3 was space Sephiroth
>>
File: 1292230656510.jpg (17 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1292230656510.jpg
17 KB, 300x300
>>84392382
>just the third
>second game is about the reapers building a humanoid Terminator reaper because they're concerned about humankind's ability
Yeah, nah. Mass Effect 2 shit's the bed really hard, people just don't complain as much cuz the characterization in 2 was really enjoyable
>>
>>84392462
At the end of the JL Rebirth issue the GLs say that they have to fight the Red Lantern menace.
>>
more rip off than reference
>>
>>84392500
>characterization in 2 was really enjoyable
half your fucking crew in ME2 has daddy issues of some stripe that they decide are best left entirely up to you to sort out.
>>
>>84392107
I'm more interested in the fact that Arthur can apparently talk to space creatures as well, as long as they resemble aquatic things. Does this mean he can control Green Lantern's Ion?
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.