[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there any hope left for them /co/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5
File: Cartoon_Network_2017_logo.png (71 KB, 2000x1197) Image search: [Google]
Cartoon_Network_2017_logo.png
71 KB, 2000x1197
Is there any hope left for them /co/?
>>
>>84383596
no
>>
Gumball is getting a sixth season
>>
>>84383596
yeah, but only a little

Although to be fair there is very little hope for any of the big 3 animated networks
>>
File: SadPeri.png (74 KB, 272x264) Image search: [Google]
SadPeri.png
74 KB, 272x264
>>84383596
They are the best network out there for western animation sad as that is.
Most of their shows are utter shit but it still has more than Nick or Disney.
>>
>>84383681
We should all just accept Netflix into our hearts and move on.
>>
>>84383596
No.
The migration from TV to Internet needs to hurry up and finish up already.
>>
>>84383596
I think it's pretty good for now.
>>
>>84383807
Ah yes, the internet, that magical place where nobody pays for shit and the only people who make money are scammers who have long since mastered the art of clickbait (read: Kickstarter).
>>
>>84383657
>Gumball /co/ sheeptard spotted
>>
Considering they haven't went the way of the sitcom because of CNReal, that alone does CN a huge favor.
Doesn't change the fact they won't stop shoving TTG into every timeslot imaginable, only leaving space for other shows when they decide to drop several episodes in a bomb event.
Yes, CN, we know it's your highest rated show in ages because of the timeslot bullshit, but have you considered that your other shows exist?
>>
>>84383596
That's not Disney Channel or Nick.
>>
>>84383852
It's going to happen eventually. And they'll make it work, for better or worse. Streaming services like Netflix is a good start.
>>
Cartoon Network really isn't that bad relative to other networks, programming wise.

It has Teen Titans Go and NuPPG, that's about it as far as "truly awful shows" go. You can argue about Steven Universe and Adventure Time and shit, but you can't really say that they're genuinely awful unlike the last two.

The issue is that Cartoon Network doesn't know how to manage its shows, overemphasizing one only to drop all the others, making the whole channel feel very uneven. Don't like Power Puff Girls? TOO BAD, you're getting NuPPG every fucking day for three hours for a fucking month!

Think that SU is only good in moderation? Sucks to be you, because we're blowing our whole load over four weeks, and then we'll forget about it for another eight months!
>>
>>84383906
Not only that, the few who actually get Boomerang aren't safe crom TTG either, it's fucking ludicrous.
>>
File: lol2.jpg (203 KB, 1276x720) Image search: [Google]
lol2.jpg
203 KB, 1276x720
>>
>>84383807
>>84383915
Oh I would love to drop cable for better internet, but ISPs are sitting on their asses and not replacing all the old copper lines with fibre optics. Its 2015 and the best I can get right now is 1.5 mbit down.
>>
>>84383915
Netflix isn't going to fix shit, it's part of the problem.

It's great as a streaming service, but I can't imagine a future where Netflix is the only business making new television, and if every streaming service is making television we're back to square one.

I hate to be that /a/ faggot right now but what animation actually needs is a turn towards creator based platforming. Say what you want about the "2010's CalArts" wave of creators, they're the strongest proponents of creator driven media since Cartoon Network used City bumpers.

Creatively speaking, that's where the industry needs to be heading.
>>
>>84383987
>creator based platforming
could you elaborate on this a bit more? As far as CN goes, the show creators and directors seem to get everything they want out of their show except, well, scheduling.
>>
>>84384077
As in, when you look at a show you look at the people behind it, not the network it's on.

Again, going full weaboo here, think about how anime works for a second. You don't really consider what network the show comes from, hell over here in the west we don't even watch most of our anime on television. We look at the studios and names behind the work.

We're seeing shades of that now, but we need to see a stronger shift towards it in the future.

One thing I really admire about Steven Universe is that every storyboarder has their own unique flair, for better or for worse. You can see comparison images online between how each artist draws a certain character, and how each depiction suits a slight variation on the same character.

That's what I mean by creator driven. The "auteur" format of animation.
>>
>>84383987
So you want 90's Nick in CN?
>>
File: yes.jpg (18 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
yes.jpg
18 KB, 300x168
Yes
>>
>>84383596
Yeah, I'm kinda liking the shows CN is putting out now. There's been a lot of positives.
Granted, TTG is awful, and they refuse to stop shilling that travesty. But I think the network is at a net gain from the CN Real/ Canadian invasion phase.
>>
>>84383725
>Most of their shows are utter shit
>i like steven universe, but fuck regular show, adventure time, and the bland bears cartoon!
>>
>>84383596
I mean ttgo, we bare bears and regular show are pretty good
>>
>>84388341
Teen Titans Go and We Bare Bears are awful filler shows.
>>
File: IMG_2617.jpg (56 KB, 427x559) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2617.jpg
56 KB, 427x559
It's better than Disney and Nickelodeon anon, and you know it.
>>
Nope

The ratings of the TLH bomb are gona wreck the Stevenbomb' ratings and is gonna be 2005 CN all over again
>>
>>84388391
Really whats so bad about them, ttgo is a stoner comedy show and we bare bears is this quirky sol show
>>
>>84388423
>This piece of shit is less shitty than the other shits
lmao
>>
>>84388751
I'm not arguing that, anon. Besides, seems that you're acknowledging it, anyway.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.