[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does black characters and lightning abilities mesh so well
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6
Why does black characters and lightning abilities mesh so well together?
>>
>>84381361
It's the contrast of skin and power colors and lighting.
They make for neat action shots.
>>
>>84381361
Same reasons Latinos get fire powers

I think
>>
File: Raikage.png (630 KB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
Raikage.png
630 KB, 750x750
It just does
>>
...in my pants
>>
File: 1441719085499.jpg (4 MB, 3975x3056) Image search: [Google]
1441719085499.jpg
4 MB, 3975x3056
>>84381361
Because everyone's ripping off Black Lightning.

Also racism I guess. Why else make Electro black besides his electricity powers? Well, I suppose he IS a criminal
>>
File: black electro.jpg (185 KB, 922x436) Image search: [Google]
black electro.jpg
185 KB, 922x436
>>84381572
>make Electro black
Electro was always black
>>
>>84381572
The only stereotypical thing about electro was his powers and criminality. Other than that, he was probably the "whitest" character in the whole movie
>>
>>84381676
wat
>>
>>84381676
That has to be one of the most racist things to do ever. Not that comic because I'm sure there's a reason, but to masquerade as a different race while committing crimes is pretty evil, I'm surprised no villains do that. It also helps with a secret identity.
>>
>>84381758
Technically Shape shifter villains do that all the time.
>>
>>84381391
is that true?

there is that inhuman character and I guess ghost rider...but that's not really fire power.
>>
>>84381833
Shapeshifters get a pass because that's the nature of their ability. Unless there was a shape shifter that ONLY shifted to one race because they wanted to cast them in a bad light.

It's worse if you're Joe Schmoe with no powers and you dress up as another race.
>>
>>84381676
that one's extra funny given that i was introduced to electro as red skull's son in the 90s spider-man
>>
>>84381572
Storm is older than Black Lightning, but I don't know if she was the first either.
>>
>>84381383
this, and the fact that lighting goes with dark blues and purples and some nice yellow, and those all go great with brown skin
also, while most black superheroes or characters in general have white or blonde hair and it's usually straightened, the boingy jagged hair of black people would look nice related to lightning
>>
>>84381714
No, he's the other black sterotype. There's the thug/gangsta sterotype, and the black nerd sterotype. Fox's Electro was definitely a sterotypical black nerd sterotype.
>>
>>84381361
Because it's fun to push memes.

Seriously there are only a few black characters people care about. Storm has lightning powers as a side effect of her overall weather powers. Black Lightning is the main one with Static being based off him. Then people try to pretend Cyborg has lightning powers, because apparently being a robot makes you Zeus.

Who else really is there of importance?
>>
>>84382403
As far as black characters go?

I suppose John Stewart purely due to the Justice League cartoon
>>
>>84382633
I mean black people with electrical powers.
>>
Pure electricity.

In their pants.
>>
Dark skin and gold go really well together. The darker, the better.
>>
>>84381361
Because the Electric Company.
>>
>>84381361
What are some element/ethnicity combos you rarely see? Are there any black ice users besides Frozone? Or any Asian fire users?
>>
>>84384510
>Or any Asian fire users?
Sunfire
>>
File: 38_21.jpg (556 KB, 1600x1230) Image search: [Google]
38_21.jpg
556 KB, 1600x1230
>>84381872
>but that's not really fire power
nope
>>
>>84381403
>Village full of lightning niggas
Say what you will of Kishimoto, but he fucking knew his audience.
>>
>>84381361
>Be 14 year old me
>Want to make my own graphic novel because weeb levels were "Folded a million times"/10
>Come up with weeb protagonist.
>Powers were "electromagnetism"
>Basically lightning powers mixed with metal stuff.
Fuck if I know anon, though the contrast is nice, and provides plenty of good extreme shading of close light sources on dark characters.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.